111 Harvard St.
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliastrattoria.com/
- Phone: (617) 868-7600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Sarturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Delio Susi, Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service customized to your event. Please contact Rebecca at email@example.com with any questions.
- Private Party Facilities: At Amelia’s our staff will help you make the most of your special event. We work with you personally to attend to every detail of your dining experience, from customizing your menu to choosing floral arrangements for decorations. We can comfortably accommodate 40 people for dinner or 50 people for a stand up cocktail reception. Whether it is a graduation, baby shower, corporate event or anniversary, our dining room is intimate, cozy and flexible for any type of occasion. For more information or to speak to the chef about a customized menu please call the restaurant.
A word from Amelia's Trattoria
Delio Susi, in anticipation of his restaurant’s tenth anniversary, refined both his restaurant’s menu as well as its interior design, to great success. Losing none of his Abruzzi roots, the food is clean but clearly Italian, and a little rustic. The warm and inviting room makes the same statement. Drawing on his architectural background, Susi plays with simple organic materials, like square slate tiles and tabletops, and brown leather tufted banquettes. The use of brick plus copper fixtures contribute to the Italian country/casual feel that serves food and wine to match. Wooden floors and European style open windows for the summer add to this ambiance. And red lamps that hang in bright contrast with the earthy tones during the day, shed a sexy flattering nighttime glow. Amelia’s Trattoria offers a personal and authentic dining experience using top local ingredients infused with the heart of its Italian chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Amelia's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Amelia's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)fit for foodies (74)special occasion (28)romantic (24)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- hungry mammahungrymammaDined on 11/18/2014Never been here before, as it always seemed full. Now I know why: the food is wonderful (truffle season!), but I think what put it down on my 'go back to' list was the staff: it's not a place to go to if you're in a hurry, but if you want to get to know the very congenial chef/owner, or the young guy who met us at the door and checked in with us throughout the night, or if you like feeling welcomed into someone's home, this is a great spot for that. It felt like we were transported to a small restaurant in Tuscany. Lovely night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening out, not pretentiousReadbridgeDined on 11/15/2014Enjoyed dinner out, just the two of us. Amelia's is especially good for 1-4 people, the tables are close, but the sound is well managed. We split the excellent spinach salad, would have been too much for one. The ravioli choices were enticing: venison or lobster. The venison ravioli was very good, the salmon dinner excellent! House glass of chianti much better than average. Good selection of desserts, not everything was heavy or ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprising gemTuesdayDinerDined on 11/11/2014As a result of recommendations on Open Table, I booked a table for a Tuesday evening. It was delicious! The food offered on the menu sounded wonderful, but the 5 specials of the evening were over the top. We had a lovely meal. And when we said that we wanted to share everything, they were more than accommodating by splitting the salad before they brought it to the table and by bringing extra plates when that would make sharing easier. The wait staff could not have been nicer. We had a great meal and would certainly recommend it and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful surpriseMomoDined on 11/11/2014After living in Cambridge for many years, I was surprised not to have even heard of Amelia's, which has been around for a long time. The three friends I went there with all knew of it but hadn't eaten there. We were all very happy with the experience: the warm casual ambience, the thoughtful service, and the delicious food. This place is definitely on my go-to list from now on.Special Features:
- lucky peopleSlipperyslopeVIPDined on 11/8/2014Anyone who lives or works within walking distance of this place is very fortunate. I would highly recommend the veal saltimboca.Special Features:
- Kendal Sq Area GemPvblueVIPDined on 11/1/2014We've been back at least 3 times and we always leave so happy. The food is delicious, the portions generous, the wine list offers variety and service is friendly and competent. We thoroughly enjoyed the arugula and Cesar salads, the mussels were perfect, and the pappardelle with truffle burro was amazing, the Zuppa di pesce also a perfect combination if seafood in a tasty, delicately spiced broth. A great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absoutforlunchDined on 10/31/2014Lovely small cozy local spot with delicious food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent but staff overwhelmedCherVIPDined on 10/25/2014Arrived early for reservation and staff was overwhelmed by line at door. Once we decided to sit at bar we were quickly served. Butternut squash gnocchi was amazing as well as eggplant appetizer. Limited wine list but excellent choices. I overall experience great and we'll certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succes has ruined themJacquiVIPDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I have been going to Amelia's for about 15 years. The food was consistently wonderful, and we always marveled at how they could keep their doors open, as the place was always half empty on Saturday night. We figured they must do a lot of daytime business with the working crowd in Kendall Square. Since then, they have redecorated, and become more upscale with their marketing, and I'm glad for the success they've achieved, judging from how hard it's become to get a reservation. But we showed up with a reservation recently and were asked to wait for our table for what would have been at least a half hour. Not good. We left after 20 minutes. They offered us cocktails on the house, very nice, but I'd prefer good service.Special Features:
- Local FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Amelia's has a great ambiance, relaxed with good wine, good food, great atmosphere. Authentic Authentic rustic Italian with fresh ingredients, what's not to love. To top it off, we did dinner and a movie and got 2 tickets to Kendall Cinema as a deal with our dinner. Very relaxing and enjoyable night. We definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Italian at it's finest.winendineVIPDined on 10/23/2014Our first time to this bustling neighborhood trattoria will definitely not be our last. The polenta with roasted mushrooms and crispy sage was sublime, the lobster ravioli substantial and coated in a rich tomato cream sauce with a delicate bite. Salmon was artfully presented atop a fresh melange of vegetables. The restaurant is small and very cozy and fills up fast. We enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence despite late seatingMITParentDined on 10/23/2014Our reservation was for 7pm and did not get seated till 8. Since we had limited time that evening my blood pressure was high. Once seated the staff alleviated my frustration immediately with acknowledgement, apology and free appetizers. throughout the evening the attention to detail was excellent and attention was made to compensate with our time needs without feeling rushed. The food was second to none with a variety of dishes to appeal to the range of tastes within our group.Special Features:
- Charming and Cozy, Great CuisineLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 10/20/2014Such a lovely place; small and intimate, cozy and warm; the most wonderfully friendly and capable staff; and exquisite entrees, especially the homemade pasta dishes. A truly special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went twice...mongrelsDined on 10/16/2014We were in town from Seattle for the Head of the Charles. We stumbled upon this place one night and it was so delicious...we went back the next day. Everything we ordered was great, the staff was fun and engaging, the owner had a big personality and was there and involved. It wasn't just a meal, but also a good experience. One waiter offered to buy our pear tart if we didn't like it...of course, we liked it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good neighborhood ItalianBainesVIPDined on 10/16/2014Pretty good for a neighborhood American Italian restaurant. Worth a return visit, although the wine list could be improved.Special Features:
- Lovely as alwaysStephenVIPDined on 10/10/2014Love Amelia's. The food is very good and the service is always extremely friendly and efficient. The staff is wonderful and it's always a pleasure to dine there. It's tiny and it's charming and we feel lucky to have such a nice place in Cambridge.Special Features:
- intimate & welcomingMrMoorayVIPDined on 10/9/2014Just a short walk from the Marriott in Cambridge, this is a great find. Fairly small, but I've never had trouble getting seated (at least on weeknights). Service is friendly, though not perfect (my half-bottle of Chianti Classico arrived as a nice Cabernet, menu descriptions don't go much beyond what you can read). Food is delicious. I recommend.Special Features:
- CharmingLovestocook212Dined on 10/8/2014Great neighborhood spot. Not one bad item on the menu. You could make an entire meal from the starters. Well chosen wines by the glass list. Very relaxed dining experience. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014This place could be so much more if the service was better.
- Classic favoriteTooTiredToCookAtHomeDined on 10/2/2014We have dined here 2-3 times per month for the past year and find favorites on both the specials and regular menu. Good inventive cocktails and selection of wines. The preparations are often relatively simple but very good ingredients and combinations, with a range of meat and veggie options to suit anyone (the beet salad and mussels are both wonderful, the salmon and chicken are standby favorites and for those who like ravioli they always have something inventive; the current short rib pasta is excellent). I am a carnivore but a big fan of vegetables and they always have something interesting. Service is attentive and you can eat at the bar. It is small and intimate. We eat out ~5 nights a week and this is a standing favorite.Special Features:
- So cutemwnjoyDined on 9/20/2014Loved this place. The food was excellent -- we ordered off of the specials. Fantastic service and you really feel special in a small place with such attention to detail. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Friendly neighborhood spotDomiVIPDined on 9/19/2014We arrived around 10 pm Friday night. That was no problem getting a table. Very friendly waiter. The food is food and portions very generous. The wine was very good and reasonably priced. I recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemDaveDined on 9/19/2014We have been to Cambridge many times, but missed this gem somehow. That is now remedied. We will try to get a reservation each time we are in the area. We were stuck 45 min. in traffic, yet they held our table. Though a little cramped, the neighboring tables' occupants were all extremely friendly. Amelia's is small, but that translates into spectacular attention to all your needs. The food was terrific from the unique spread for the delicious bread, to the calamari appetizer (that came with risotto), to the most novel Bolognese on fusilli with short ribs and a blush sauce. My wife's Chioppino, spicy and delicious. Overall Spectacular! The staff, chef and owner were all friendly and very welcoming. Do not miss this one.Special Features:
- Amelia's is a great findkarinamVIPDined on 9/19/2014After years of driving past Amelia's on the way to Kendall Square cinema we decided to finally give it a try and ended up kicking ourselves for all those wasted opportunities. What a great place! The cocktails were delicious, the food fabulous (great veal saltimbocca, mussels, fall salad, pannacotta) the wine well priced and delicious and the service delightful. This is going to be the go-to place from now on! Pity it took us so long.Special Features:
- Will DEFINITELY be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014LOVED everything about Amelia's and can't wait to go back! Food was delicious, excellent customer service and very romantic :)Special Features:
- LynzbeeDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated a birthday dinner with a small group andit was perfect!Special Features:
- Always FabulousMikeDined on 9/12/2014SKip the menu and ask for the specials which are always special --- not that the menu isn't equally fabulous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014This is my favorite Italian restuarant and honestly better than any in the North End!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantBostonTravelLadyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Amelia's is a small, charming restaurant with superb food and a lively, comfort ble environmen. We all felt an immediate appreciation of its uplifted vibe and everyone had a great meal, including the off-menu vegetarian dish the chef was willing to whip up for one of us. We had a range of salmon, steak and pasta and all dises were exceptional. We will be back!Special Features:
- Thanks again!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Just love Amelia's Trattoria -- food is simply spectacular! Missed Martin but was well taken care of by Lauren (she even figured out what the special bourbon cocktail was that he made last time)! This place is always a winner!Special Features:
- excellent dinnerJSW58VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was excellent, the food beautifully prepared and presented. A perfect neighborhood gem. the passion fruit panna cotta was amazing.Special Features:
- Always delightfulStephenVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another lovely evening at Amelia's. Everything about Amelia's is nice - you know that the proprietors care about your dining experience. But let me say that the service is just exquisite: everyone there is gracious, charming, and helpful. A very welcoming restaurant, and one we keep returning to.Special Features:
- outstanding Italian cuisineFMCHAPVIPDined on 8/29/2014Usually, it's very difficult to find a restaurant that everyone in my family likes, but this restaurant is an exception. My 13-year old daughter is a vegetarian and usually has very limited choice when we go to restaurant. To see her going out of her comfort zone and tried a new food is exhilarating. I had a three-course prix fix dinner, which was a good deal. The restaurant is small, so it fills up with customers very quickly. The waitstaff was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/29/2014We went for lunch on a Friday. The restaurant is small so definitely need a reservation. It is cozy and the food and service is outstanding. I always have difficulty deciding what I want to get. The complimentary foccacia bread and oil is out of this world, I would totally pay for it (don't get any ideas Amelia's). I would definitely recommend this for any occasion, meal with co-workers or date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at Amelia'sWJC722VIPDined on 8/28/2014Visiting Cambridge I picked a few restaurants by reviews in the area if my hotel. This place came highly recommended. My salad was an arugula with pear and gorgonzola. The pears were not ripe or flavorful so the salad was good not great. My main course was the lobster ravioli which was delicious with chunks of lobster on top and also inside the ravioli. A brown butter sauce to complete. Wine was also good. Nice atmosphere, but I felt the tables were too close and I was alone and heard every word of the nearby customers whether I wanted to or not. I would return the next time I visit Cambridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden jemMazyDined on 8/26/2014Our first choice of restaurants was booked, so we took a chance a place in the same neighborhood, and Amelia's Trattoria was great! Plus, we benefited from the "DineOut" prix-fixed menu, described as a mix of specials and house favorites. We ordered 3 different dishes for 2 courses (dessert choices were limited to sorbet and pannacotta) and 5 of 6 dishes were excellent, with gernerous portion sizes. The exception was a chicken cutlet that was breaded and fried, which surprised the diner, who expected a lighter rendition of chicken breast. Service was an interesting mix of 3 servers, all knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly - with no hovering! Although the restaurant was small and filled up by the time we finished, we never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's trattoriaclaudiajuanitaDined on 8/22/2014I like the atmosphere, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the wine always good temperature, the food is good, I love the Bruschetta, the Salmon, the mushroom ravioli. It is nice to watch the chefs doing their work without seeing the "whole", the bar is cute, a place to have a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful little placeEatsWithFriendsVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were visiting from New Jersey and found this little bistro charming. Good fresh food, the white bean dip with the bread was fabulous, the appetizers and main dishes hit the spot. Good quantity. My mother has various food restrictions and they took care of it, no problem. Service with a smile. If you are in Cambridge, definitely worth eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing spot in CambridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Relaxed pleasant atmosphere I away from busy streets. Service was great. good was great and relatively sophisticated, although it felt a bit expensive for what we got. It was nice for our 6-person relaxed business dinner. I liked the place and will be back for similar functions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find - terrific service!dinnertreatDined on 8/18/2014We popped in for restaurant week and found the place to be lovely. The food was delicious, but the best part was the service. Our waiter, Jorge, was very attentive and helpful and made the meal perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.