111 Harvard St.
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliastrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6178687600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Sarturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Delio Susi, Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service customized to your event. Please contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Private Party Facilities: At Amelia’s our staff will help you make the most of your special event. We work with you personally to attend to every detail of your dining experience, from customizing your menu to choosing floral arrangements for decorations. We can comfortably accommodate 40 people for dinner or 50 people for a stand up cocktail reception. Whether it is a graduation, baby shower, corporate event or anniversary, our dining room is intimate, cozy and flexible for any type of occasion. For more information or to speak to the chef about a customized menu please call the restaurant.
A word from Amelia's Trattoria
Delio Susi, in anticipation of his restaurant’s tenth anniversary, refined both his restaurant’s menu as well as its interior design, to great success. Losing none of his Abruzzi roots, the food is clean but clearly Italian, and a little rustic. The warm and inviting room makes the same statement. Drawing on his architectural background, Susi plays with simple organic materials, like square slate tiles and tabletops, and brown leather tufted banquettes. The use of brick plus copper fixtures contribute to the Italian country/casual feel that serves food and wine to match. Wooden floors and European style open windows for the summer add to this ambiance. And red lamps that hang in bright contrast with the earthy tones during the day, shed a sexy flattering nighttime glow. Amelia’s Trattoria offers a personal and authentic dining experience using top local ingredients infused with the heart of its Italian chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Amelia's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Amelia's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)fit for foodies (56)romantic (24)special occasion (24)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (8)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- good neighborhood ItalianBainesVIPDined on 10/16/2014Pretty good for a neighborhood American Italian restaurant. Worth a return visit, although the wine list could be improved.Special Features:
- Lovely as alwaysStephenVIPDined on 10/10/2014Love Amelia's. The food is very good and the service is always extremely friendly and efficient. The staff is wonderful and it's always a pleasure to dine there. It's tiny and it's charming and we feel lucky to have such a nice place in Cambridge.Special Features:
- intimate & welcomingMrMoorayVIPDined on 10/9/2014Just a short walk from the Marriott in Cambridge, this is a great find. Fairly small, but I've never had trouble getting seated (at least on weeknights). Service is friendly, though not perfect (my half-bottle of Chianti Classico arrived as a nice Cabernet, menu descriptions don't go much beyond what you can read). Food is delicious. I recommend.Special Features:
- CharmingLovestocook212Dined on 10/8/2014Great neighborhood spot. Not one bad item on the menu. You could make an entire meal from the starters. Well chosen wines by the glass list. Very relaxed dining experience. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014This place could be so much more if the service was better.
- Classic favoriteTooTiredToCookAtHomeDined on 10/2/2014We have dined here 2-3 times per month for the past year and find favorites on both the specials and regular menu. Good inventive cocktails and selection of wines. The preparations are often relatively simple but very good ingredients and combinations, with a range of meat and veggie options to suit anyone (the beet salad and mussels are both wonderful, the salmon and chicken are standby favorites and for those who like ravioli they always have something inventive; the current short rib pasta is excellent). I am a carnivore but a big fan of vegetables and they always have something interesting. Service is attentive and you can eat at the bar. It is small and intimate. We eat out ~5 nights a week and this is a standing favorite.Special Features:
- So cutemwnjoyDined on 9/20/2014Loved this place. The food was excellent -- we ordered off of the specials. Fantastic service and you really feel special in a small place with such attention to detail. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Friendly neighborhood spotDomiVIPDined on 9/19/2014We arrived around 10 pm Friday night. That was no problem getting a table. Very friendly waiter. The food is food and portions very generous. The wine was very good and reasonably priced. I recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemDaveDined on 9/19/2014We have been to Cambridge many times, but missed this gem somehow. That is now remedied. We will try to get a reservation each time we are in the area. We were stuck 45 min. in traffic, yet they held our table. Though a little cramped, the neighboring tables' occupants were all extremely friendly. Amelia's is small, but that translates into spectacular attention to all your needs. The food was terrific from the unique spread for the delicious bread, to the calamari appetizer (that came with risotto), to the most novel Bolognese on fusilli with short ribs and a blush sauce. My wife's Chioppino, spicy and delicious. Overall Spectacular! The staff, chef and owner were all friendly and very welcoming. Do not miss this one.Special Features:
- Amelia's is a great findkarinamVIPDined on 9/19/2014After years of driving past Amelia's on the way to Kendall Square cinema we decided to finally give it a try and ended up kicking ourselves for all those wasted opportunities. What a great place! The cocktails were delicious, the food fabulous (great veal saltimbocca, mussels, fall salad, pannacotta) the wine well priced and delicious and the service delightful. This is going to be the go-to place from now on! Pity it took us so long.Special Features:
- Will DEFINITELY be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014LOVED everything about Amelia's and can't wait to go back! Food was delicious, excellent customer service and very romantic :)Special Features:
- LynzbeeDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated a birthday dinner with a small group andit was perfect!Special Features:
- Always FabulousMikeDined on 9/12/2014SKip the menu and ask for the specials which are always special --- not that the menu isn't equally fabulous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014This is my favorite Italian restuarant and honestly better than any in the North End!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantBostonTravelLadyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Amelia's is a small, charming restaurant with superb food and a lively, comfort ble environmen. We all felt an immediate appreciation of its uplifted vibe and everyone had a great meal, including the off-menu vegetarian dish the chef was willing to whip up for one of us. We had a range of salmon, steak and pasta and all dises were exceptional. We will be back!Special Features:
- Thanks again!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Just love Amelia's Trattoria -- food is simply spectacular! Missed Martin but was well taken care of by Lauren (she even figured out what the special bourbon cocktail was that he made last time)! This place is always a winner!Special Features:
- excellent dinnerJSW58VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was excellent, the food beautifully prepared and presented. A perfect neighborhood gem. the passion fruit panna cotta was amazing.Special Features:
- Always delightfulStephenVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another lovely evening at Amelia's. Everything about Amelia's is nice - you know that the proprietors care about your dining experience. But let me say that the service is just exquisite: everyone there is gracious, charming, and helpful. A very welcoming restaurant, and one we keep returning to.Special Features:
- outstanding Italian cuisineFMCHAPVIPDined on 8/29/2014Usually, it's very difficult to find a restaurant that everyone in my family likes, but this restaurant is an exception. My 13-year old daughter is a vegetarian and usually has very limited choice when we go to restaurant. To see her going out of her comfort zone and tried a new food is exhilarating. I had a three-course prix fix dinner, which was a good deal. The restaurant is small, so it fills up with customers very quickly. The waitstaff was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/29/2014We went for lunch on a Friday. The restaurant is small so definitely need a reservation. It is cozy and the food and service is outstanding. I always have difficulty deciding what I want to get. The complimentary foccacia bread and oil is out of this world, I would totally pay for it (don't get any ideas Amelia's). I would definitely recommend this for any occasion, meal with co-workers or date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at Amelia'sWJC722VIPDined on 8/28/2014Visiting Cambridge I picked a few restaurants by reviews in the area if my hotel. This place came highly recommended. My salad was an arugula with pear and gorgonzola. The pears were not ripe or flavorful so the salad was good not great. My main course was the lobster ravioli which was delicious with chunks of lobster on top and also inside the ravioli. A brown butter sauce to complete. Wine was also good. Nice atmosphere, but I felt the tables were too close and I was alone and heard every word of the nearby customers whether I wanted to or not. I would return the next time I visit Cambridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden jemMazyDined on 8/26/2014Our first choice of restaurants was booked, so we took a chance a place in the same neighborhood, and Amelia's Trattoria was great! Plus, we benefited from the "DineOut" prix-fixed menu, described as a mix of specials and house favorites. We ordered 3 different dishes for 2 courses (dessert choices were limited to sorbet and pannacotta) and 5 of 6 dishes were excellent, with gernerous portion sizes. The exception was a chicken cutlet that was breaded and fried, which surprised the diner, who expected a lighter rendition of chicken breast. Service was an interesting mix of 3 servers, all knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly - with no hovering! Although the restaurant was small and filled up by the time we finished, we never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's trattoriaclaudiajuanitaDined on 8/22/2014I like the atmosphere, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the wine always good temperature, the food is good, I love the Bruschetta, the Salmon, the mushroom ravioli. It is nice to watch the chefs doing their work without seeing the "whole", the bar is cute, a place to have a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful little placeEatsWithFriendsVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were visiting from New Jersey and found this little bistro charming. Good fresh food, the white bean dip with the bread was fabulous, the appetizers and main dishes hit the spot. Good quantity. My mother has various food restrictions and they took care of it, no problem. Service with a smile. If you are in Cambridge, definitely worth eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing spot in CambridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Relaxed pleasant atmosphere I away from busy streets. Service was great. good was great and relatively sophisticated, although it felt a bit expensive for what we got. It was nice for our 6-person relaxed business dinner. I liked the place and will be back for similar functions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find - terrific service!dinnertreatDined on 8/18/2014We popped in for restaurant week and found the place to be lovely. The food was delicious, but the best part was the service. Our waiter, Jorge, was very attentive and helpful and made the meal perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Cooking near MITOldPharosianDined on 8/15/2014A small restaurant, 39 covers max., helps to ensure the quality of the food. Flavours are excellent, pasta good and fresh, good bread. Staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. Location is a 10 minute walk from Kendall MIT Red Line Station and close to all the pharma. labs. that surround MIT. On-street and Garage parking easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KL11VIPDined on 8/12/2014Lovely evening. We have always enjoyed Amelia's particularly during the fall and winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, lovely dinnerStephenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Four of us enjoyed a wonderful evening on Amelia's patio. Service was exquisite; we were never rushed. Everyone loved their drinks, appetizers and entrees. A very, very nice restaurant run by people who are happy to have you there, Amelia's remains a wonderful dining experience year after year. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and affordableTrelstadDined on 8/5/2014Ameilia's is a great combination of good to very good food, great service and pleasant atmosphere. Not to mention, it is affordable. All in all, I think it is a great find in Kendall.Special Features:
- Fantastic!FoodymcDined on 8/4/2014Great dinner! Special was lobster ravioli and it was great! They certainly did not skimp on the lobster. Great atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet CharmfabfitsquadDined on 8/2/2014This is a great little spot that's been in the neighborhood for years. They have amazing food. There is nothing that I have had their that's not over top amazing. They have an excellent wine list and the servers and bartenders know their stuff! The owner Del is very friendly and makes a point to come out of the kitchen and talk to guests.Special Features:
- HealthyEaterDined on 7/31/2014Polenta was great. Calamari was not good. Bread was so so. Food was just not very impressive, but the service people were very good.Special Features:
- Always FantasticlillibetVIPDined on 7/26/2014Everything here is simply the best. They've got the best antipasto in town, the best pasta, the best wines--and everything served promptly with friendly service and a lovely ambiance. I only wish we lived closer to Amelia's so I could get here more often!Special Features:
- Good food, attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We met with friends for dinner and wanted a quieter place so we could catch up. When ordering wine, we were treated to several tastes and recommendations which were spot on. The selections for dinner were varied and all were tempting. All of us enjoyed our meals and desserts. Parking can be difficult since it is street parking without valet available. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedNYCFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Was looking for a nice restaurant for dinner after a movie at the Kendall Square cinema. Found Amelia's and I'm glad we did. Menu is smallish but there's something for everyone (pasta, seafood, chicken, steak). Each dish is well executed - a lot of attention to details. My salmon had a crunchy texture on the surface but was medium rare inside as I had ordered it. The antipasto platter for 2 is a deal at $20 - a lot of meats, cheeses and accompaniments. Lobster ravioli special was fantastic - nothing but lobster filling in the ravioli and lobster tossed with the sauce on top as well. Prices are very reasonable for Cambridge. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencerobbycatDined on 7/19/2014From the moment we walked in, It was an adorable little spot with only a few tables, we were there early because we were going to the movies down the block, so it wasnt too crowded. Our waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable and offered us tastes of wine before we finalized our selection. The food was fantastic, all of us were extremely pleased with our choices. The Linguini Vongole was awesome, as was the mushroom pappardalle, and the salmon was cooked perfectly! Overall a very pleasant dining experience and I would go back there tomorrow if I lived a bit closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner in CambridgePanhvtinmiDined on 7/16/2014The accent here really is Italian - small menu with an emphasis on local ingredients and a focus on quality. We had one appetizer, one salad drinks, and two of that night's specials. The eggplant appetizer was especially delicious and the bread was very good.Special Features:
- Not up to usual qualityjlemen1Dined on 7/15/2014Not sure what was going on the night I took an out-of-town friend to Amelia's. I've been there numerous times and always liked everything about it: the food, the variety of specials, the friendliness of the wait staff. etc. But this time, the service was terrible and the food so-so. It wasn't any busier than usual, but two groups that came after us were served their dinners before we were. It took a couple of requests to get refills on our wine glasses. We felt invisible, though we were sitting in a prominent location. I hope this was an anomaly because, as I say, my previous dinners there have been fine.Special Features:
- Epitome of Neighborhood Find!RicoVIPDined on 7/15/2014My first visit to Amelia's, as I don't usually venture across the river to Cambridge as often as I should. Great little spot tucked away on the corner. They accommodated my request noted in my Open Table reservation and put us in a nice corner table. Friendly atmosphere with excellent food and service. We split a calamari appetizer that was delicious, a little different take than your usually fried variety. We then spilt a caesar salad and pasta entree that were fresh and tasty, along with a bottle of the house red wine. I would go back to Amelia's in an New York minute and would recommend this place to anyone who might be in the Kendall Square area.Special Features: