111 Harvard St.
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliastrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6178687600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Sarturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Delio Susi, Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service customized to your event. Please contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Private Party Facilities: At Amelia’s our staff will help you make the most of your special event. We work with you personally to attend to every detail of your dining experience, from customizing your menu to choosing floral arrangements for decorations. We can comfortably accommodate 40 people for dinner or 50 people for a stand up cocktail reception. Whether it is a graduation, baby shower, corporate event or anniversary, our dining room is intimate, cozy and flexible for any type of occasion. For more information or to speak to the chef about a customized menu please call the restaurant.
A word from Amelia's Trattoria
Delio Susi, in anticipation of his restaurant’s tenth anniversary, refined both his restaurant’s menu as well as its interior design, to great success. Losing none of his Abruzzi roots, the food is clean but clearly Italian, and a little rustic. The warm and inviting room makes the same statement. Drawing on his architectural background, Susi plays with simple organic materials, like square slate tiles and tabletops, and brown leather tufted banquettes. The use of brick plus copper fixtures contribute to the Italian country/casual feel that serves food and wine to match. Wooden floors and European style open windows for the summer add to this ambiance. And red lamps that hang in bright contrast with the earthy tones during the day, shed a sexy flattering nighttime glow. Amelia’s Trattoria offers a personal and authentic dining experience using top local ingredients infused with the heart of its Italian chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amelia's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (27)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (12)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- excellent dinnerJSW58Dined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was excellent, the food beautifully prepared and presented. A perfect neighborhood gem. the passion fruit panna cotta was amazing.Special Features:
- Always delightfulStephenVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another lovely evening at Amelia's. Everything about Amelia's is nice - you know that the proprietors care about your dining experience. But let me say that the service is just exquisite: everyone there is gracious, charming, and helpful. A very welcoming restaurant, and one we keep returning to.Special Features:
- outstanding Italian cuisineFMCHAPVIPDined on 8/29/2014Usually, it's very difficult to find a restaurant that everyone in my family likes, but this restaurant is an exception. My 13-year old daughter is a vegetarian and usually has very limited choice when we go to restaurant. To see her going out of her comfort zone and tried a new food is exhilarating. I had a three-course prix fix dinner, which was a good deal. The restaurant is small, so it fills up with customers very quickly. The waitstaff was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/29/2014We went for lunch on a Friday. The restaurant is small so definitely need a reservation. It is cozy and the food and service is outstanding. I always have difficulty deciding what I want to get. The complimentary foccacia bread and oil is out of this world, I would totally pay for it (don't get any ideas Amelia's). I would definitely recommend this for any occasion, meal with co-workers or date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at Amelia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014Visiting Cambridge I picked a few restaurants by reviews in the area if my hotel. This place came highly recommended. My salad was an arugula with pear and gorgonzola. The pears were not ripe or flavorful so the salad was good not great. My main course was the lobster ravioli which was delicious with chunks of lobster on top and also inside the ravioli. A brown butter sauce to complete. Wine was also good. Nice atmosphere, but I felt the tables were too close and I was alone and heard every word of the nearby customers whether I wanted to or not. I would return the next time I visit Cambridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden jemMazyDined on 8/26/2014Our first choice of restaurants was booked, so we took a chance a place in the same neighborhood, and Amelia's Trattoria was great! Plus, we benefited from the "DineOut" prix-fixed menu, described as a mix of specials and house favorites. We ordered 3 different dishes for 2 courses (dessert choices were limited to sorbet and pannacotta) and 5 of 6 dishes were excellent, with gernerous portion sizes. The exception was a chicken cutlet that was breaded and fried, which surprised the diner, who expected a lighter rendition of chicken breast. Service was an interesting mix of 3 servers, all knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly - with no hovering! Although the restaurant was small and filled up by the time we finished, we never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's trattoriaclaudiajuanitaDined on 8/22/2014I like the atmosphere, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the wine always good temperature, the food is good, I love the Bruschetta, the Salmon, the mushroom ravioli. It is nice to watch the chefs doing their work without seeing the "whole", the bar is cute, a place to have a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful little placeEatsWithFriendsVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were visiting from New Jersey and found this little bistro charming. Good fresh food, the white bean dip with the bread was fabulous, the appetizers and main dishes hit the spot. Good quantity. My mother has various food restrictions and they took care of it, no problem. Service with a smile. If you are in Cambridge, definitely worth eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing spot in CambridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Relaxed pleasant atmosphere I away from busy streets. Service was great. good was great and relatively sophisticated, although it felt a bit expensive for what we got. It was nice for our 6-person relaxed business dinner. I liked the place and will be back for similar functions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find - terrific service!dinnertreatDined on 8/18/2014We popped in for restaurant week and found the place to be lovely. The food was delicious, but the best part was the service. Our waiter, Jorge, was very attentive and helpful and made the meal perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Cooking near MITOldPharosianDined on 8/15/2014A small restaurant, 39 covers max., helps to ensure the quality of the food. Flavours are excellent, pasta good and fresh, good bread. Staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. Location is a 10 minute walk from Kendall MIT Red Line Station and close to all the pharma. labs. that surround MIT. On-street and Garage parking easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KL11VIPDined on 8/12/2014Lovely evening. We have always enjoyed Amelia's particularly during the fall and winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, lovely dinnerStephenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Four of us enjoyed a wonderful evening on Amelia's patio. Service was exquisite; we were never rushed. Everyone loved their drinks, appetizers and entrees. A very, very nice restaurant run by people who are happy to have you there, Amelia's remains a wonderful dining experience year after year. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and affordableTrelstadDined on 8/5/2014Ameilia's is a great combination of good to very good food, great service and pleasant atmosphere. Not to mention, it is affordable. All in all, I think it is a great find in Kendall.Special Features:
- Fantastic!FoodymcDined on 8/4/2014Great dinner! Special was lobster ravioli and it was great! They certainly did not skimp on the lobster. Great atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet CharmfabfitsquadDined on 8/2/2014This is a great little spot that's been in the neighborhood for years. They have amazing food. There is nothing that I have had their that's not over top amazing. They have an excellent wine list and the servers and bartenders know their stuff! The owner Del is very friendly and makes a point to come out of the kitchen and talk to guests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014Polenta was great. Calamari was not good. Bread was so so. Food was just not very impressive, but the service people were very good.Special Features:
- Always FantasticlillibetVIPDined on 7/26/2014Everything here is simply the best. They've got the best antipasto in town, the best pasta, the best wines--and everything served promptly with friendly service and a lovely ambiance. I only wish we lived closer to Amelia's so I could get here more often!Special Features:
- Good food, attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We met with friends for dinner and wanted a quieter place so we could catch up. When ordering wine, we were treated to several tastes and recommendations which were spot on. The selections for dinner were varied and all were tempting. All of us enjoyed our meals and desserts. Parking can be difficult since it is street parking without valet available. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedNYCFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Was looking for a nice restaurant for dinner after a movie at the Kendall Square cinema. Found Amelia's and I'm glad we did. Menu is smallish but there's something for everyone (pasta, seafood, chicken, steak). Each dish is well executed - a lot of attention to details. My salmon had a crunchy texture on the surface but was medium rare inside as I had ordered it. The antipasto platter for 2 is a deal at $20 - a lot of meats, cheeses and accompaniments. Lobster ravioli special was fantastic - nothing but lobster filling in the ravioli and lobster tossed with the sauce on top as well. Prices are very reasonable for Cambridge. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencerobbycatDined on 7/19/2014From the moment we walked in, It was an adorable little spot with only a few tables, we were there early because we were going to the movies down the block, so it wasnt too crowded. Our waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable and offered us tastes of wine before we finalized our selection. The food was fantastic, all of us were extremely pleased with our choices. The Linguini Vongole was awesome, as was the mushroom pappardalle, and the salmon was cooked perfectly! Overall a very pleasant dining experience and I would go back there tomorrow if I lived a bit closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner in CambridgePanhvtinmiDined on 7/16/2014The accent here really is Italian - small menu with an emphasis on local ingredients and a focus on quality. We had one appetizer, one salad drinks, and two of that night's specials. The eggplant appetizer was especially delicious and the bread was very good.Special Features:
- Not up to usual qualityjlemen1Dined on 7/15/2014Not sure what was going on the night I took an out-of-town friend to Amelia's. I've been there numerous times and always liked everything about it: the food, the variety of specials, the friendliness of the wait staff. etc. But this time, the service was terrible and the food so-so. It wasn't any busier than usual, but two groups that came after us were served their dinners before we were. It took a couple of requests to get refills on our wine glasses. We felt invisible, though we were sitting in a prominent location. I hope this was an anomaly because, as I say, my previous dinners there have been fine.Special Features:
- Epitome of Neighborhood Find!RicoVIPDined on 7/15/2014My first visit to Amelia's, as I don't usually venture across the river to Cambridge as often as I should. Great little spot tucked away on the corner. They accommodated my request noted in my Open Table reservation and put us in a nice corner table. Friendly atmosphere with excellent food and service. We split a calamari appetizer that was delicious, a little different take than your usually fried variety. We then spilt a caesar salad and pasta entree that were fresh and tasty, along with a bottle of the house red wine. I would go back to Amelia's in an New York minute and would recommend this place to anyone who might be in the Kendall Square area.Special Features:
- 1st time was wonderfulCoyleVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a lovely dinner. Cocktails and then shared three appetizers and two salads. Our favorite was the polenta. For dessert we had rose sorbet. Quite lovely. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Amelia's is simply amazing!! Food is always great, wine excellent and service is warm and inviting! If you have not tried Amelia's - please make a reservation - you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/19/2014I went with a party of 9, food was delicious, service was excellent. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, friendly, efficientClaudeVIPDined on 6/17/2014My friend has the octopus appetizer, I tasted it and it was delicious. Then he had the mussels while I had the salmon, which was most and flaky as it should be. The server was attentive. Our pinot grigio was fresh on the palate and properly chilled. We couldn't resist desserts: a pana cotta with fruit for my friend, and an espresso creme brulee for me. The only minor problem was that the salmon was accompanied by baby bok choy, which I don't care for, and the spinach I got as a substitute was fairly tough and bitter and didn't go that well with the salmon.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingbasilissaDined on 6/9/2014I went to Amelia's with high hopes based on the reviews, but I was not as enchanted as previous reviewers. The space is nondescript but loud, the waiter declaimed the specials at us while swinging his head around bizarrely, and the food, while tasty, was overly rich. Butternut squash gnocchi consisted of very buttery gnocchi with only little flecks of butternut squash -- not at all what I expected. My companions enjoyed their salmon, but also found the sauce overly rich. I don't think I would come back.
- Delicious Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014We have eaten at Amelia's quite a few times, and the food is always consistently wonderful, the service right on, and the ambiance of this small trattoria just perfect for a night out. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Nice little placeDiva22Dined on 5/23/2014Great staff, very attentive and friendly, very high quality foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great small trattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Great place for wine, simple, delicious food before a movie- They had an excellent Montepulciano for only $30 a bottle and great foccacia to start- felt like being back in RomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic Italian trattoriaMtnGuyDined on 5/16/2014Great service, wonderful Italian food, served in an intimate and vibrant setting by staff who are knowledgeable and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!lovesfoodDined on 5/15/2014Went to dinner with a party of 9. Service was great and the food was fabulous. Everyone loved it and it was a great start to a weekend of graduation celebrations!Special Features:
- Ameila's a winner yet againBesserFresserDined on 5/8/2014Dinner was once again a happy occasion at Amelia's. Excellent selection of appetizers and entrees, good wine list, excellent bartender/waiter. Definitely worth the attention of anyone seeking really good food and ambience all at a a reasonable tariff. I'll surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food and wines!rains20Dined on 5/7/2014We had lobster ravioli, spaghetti, meat balls, arancini, short rib bolognese, mussels. Everything was really good. Also, the wine was great. We got Sangiovese di Romagna. Excellent wine. And desserts were great too. Tiramisu was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 456 reviews are from the Amelia's Trattoria reviews archive.
- SpecialSES42VIPDined on 5/3/2014Octopus as an appetizer special? Yes! Warm and friendly staff, excellent food, prompt service even with a restaurant full of diners on a Saturday night. It's more than a neighborhood gem - worth the trip from the suburbs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always shineslillibetVIPDined on 5/2/2014Amelia's is one of my favorites. I brought a group of friends with me this time and everyone was impressed, especially my guest with celiac disease--when she inquired whether the specials could be prepared gluten-free our server not only assured her that they were, but quickly ran through the menu to indicate other choices and offered that any of their pasta dishes could be served with polenta instead. Everything was delicious and the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- One of the very bestRwlicoriceDined on 4/26/2014We had never been to Amelia's, but were intrigued by the great reviews. It was a great experience. The food was consistent with the highest-rated restaurants. However, unlike other places which are stuffy and uncomfortable, the staff was welcoming and humorous, as they served us. There was no rush, even though we almost shut the place down. We all ordered specials so I cannot comment on the regular menu. My advice though would be to try the specials. The timing of our orders was just right - not too slow, and not rushed either. We lingered for a long time after the fine meal. Their cocktails were different and tasty. I highly recommend this restuarant for special occasions or anytime.Special Features:
- Kind service; v. good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014We made a last-minute reservation on Friday night. When we arrived for our reservation there was still quite a wait because 2 tables had paid but had no signs of leaving. Bar tender + waiters came to us often, offered us drinks + eventually got us a seat at the bar, where we ended up eating. The atmosphere was wonderful + although we shouldn't have had to wait so long past our reservation, the waiters made it a pleasant experience. I had mussels (to die for!!) and a green salad with pickled onions that were fabulous. My husband had a trout with grilled vegetables (he's on a low-carb diet + they accommodated his needs easily). A great experience overall in spite of the extra long wait. Will go back again for sure.Special Features: