Amelia's Italian Cuisine
235 S. Main Street #107
Gainesville, FL 32601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amelia's Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliasgainesville.com/
- Phone: 3523731919
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Hours May Vary -- Please make a reservation to ensure availability!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Andy Fass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Depending on availability, our Tuscan Rose Room can accommodate your party of up to 45 people.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Fass 352-373-1919
- Entertainment: Wednesday Nights: Live Jazz with Gary Swanson Duo! 6-9pm
- Special Events: We do not accept reservations through OpenTable for New Years Eve, Valentine's Day, or UF Graduations. Please call us directly at 352-373-1919 for these special events.
A word from Amelia's Italian Cuisine
Gainesville's Finest Italian Cuisine for over 20 years! Located downtown in the Sun Center (Behind the Hippodrome). New (September 2007) Chef/Owner Andy Fass brings Amelia's back to its roots with top quality food, service, and ambiance. Nightly food and drink specials to complement the extensive Northern Italian cuisine menu selections. View our menu online at www.ameliasgainesville.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Amelia's Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Gainesville ›
Amelia's Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (25)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very nice place and foodChristineDined on 8/8/2014This is one of the best places to go get Italian food in the Gainesville area. The food has a local, home-made taste that you miss in big restaurant branches. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the food and the place. Standard plates such as spaghetti bolognese or fetuccini alfredo are the best, I would not try to experiment with exotic plates or lasagna which are not that good. I always go to this place for especial occasions, nice atmosphere and good location.Special Features:
- A not to miss in Gainesville!HungarianVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was my second time at Amelia's and will always be on my list whenever visiting Gainesville. The owner Andy Fass could not be any nicer and he wears many hats; greeter, chef and of course his best role of being saxaphone player for Happy Birthday songs! The food is exceptional and the caesar salad a must selection as Andy makes his own dressing there at the restaurant. Already looking forward to my next visit to Gainesville! Susan the HungarianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!MunchkinDined on 7/23/2014Great food and great service! Made celebrating our anniversary that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Amelia's!KatieDined on 7/18/2014This is definitely one of our top two or three restaurants in Gainesville. The staff are friendly and service is great. Since we go there often they know who we are and catch up with us each time we return. Chef Andy comes out and speaks to everyone in the restaurant every night. The food is consistently great. We love it!Special Features:
- Excellent mealTimothyVIPDined on 7/1/2014Amelia's is a fine-dining restaurant right behind the iconic Hippodrome theatre in Gainesville. The dining room is intimate and calm, the service is attentive and unobtrusive, and Chef Andy visits each table. The food was delicious and generous. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We were late but the hostess was warm and welcoming. Owner Chef was working the dining room. It was late so we just had entrees which were accompanied by a salad. My wife and I ordered different dishes , but the sauce seemed the same even though it was described with different ingredients. Food was fine nothing more, nothing gourmet, which its not supposed to be. Everything was hot, which I like and bread was fresh and warm. Staff around were friendly and trying hard.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceZacharyDined on 6/28/2014The food here is great and the owner is always polite. But the older gentlemen who served us should not be working in a restaurant as a waiter. He never took our drink order as he went straight to taking our food order. We were at the table for 30 minutes before we got our drinks and had to remind him to bring them to us as he forgot. Food did not come out at the same time, which is always uncomfortable for the group at the table. He did get better as the night went on and I still tipped him a full 20% because I felt he was in over his head.Special Features:
- A Wonderfull NiteRenardDined on 6/28/2014The chef ANDY is a real talent. He will honor special requests,as he did for us. His food is constantly great. Sometimes he might also play the Sax. The sauces are light and flavorful. I look forward to each experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friends..janeDined on 6/28/2014voted as the #1 Italian Restaurant in Gainesville and I totally agree. Awesome food. Service was slow but found out the server had an emergency and had to leave. Another server took over and was fabulous. Very pleasant and did the best she could with the extra tables. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very user friendly, yummyRoboDined on 6/27/2014We found the food,service and mgmt excellent, will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER-RATED AND DISAPPOINTING.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Heard great reviews and made reservation for before Hippodrome show, but will never go again. VERY poor service. Took over an hour to get our entrees, which were mediocre and overpriced. Waitress Jessica was brusque and condescending, and twice we had to go find her for service. Salad was standard bagged greens with bitter house vinaigrette. Tuesday 1/2 price bottle of wine special was not mentioned (we heard about it too late from a different waitress telling another customer). Took over an hour for our entree to be served, even though there were only two other tables filled in restaurant. Chef visited other two tables, but ignored us. Pasta was bland, house sauce tasted like it was straight from a can. DON'T GO. « Read less
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Chef recommended grouper and boy did he deliver. Personable, professional wait staff. Very Nice.Special Features:
- Jim GJamesTDined on 6/18/2014Great Place to have Dinner. We make it a special occassion when we catch a play at the Hipp.We usually have a small group and they treat us pretty special.Special Features:
- wonderful!colonelDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant never fails to amaze. Great food, service and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's in GainesvilleTomTDined on 6/14/2014Amelia's Italian Restaurant in Gainesville is an excellent choice for after theater dining. It is very convenient to the Hippodrome Theater and has supurb food and service. Their veal dishes are extra special.Special Features:
- eatoftenDined on 6/14/2014We have been frequenting Amelia's for seven years. After attending a play at the Hippodrome Theatre, we always walk to the restaurant. It truly is a neighborhood gem. The food is always consistently good no matter what we choose. The bread is to die for, especially after dipping it in olive oil. The waiters/waitresses are always friendly, professional, and responsive. The owner/chef, Andy, is a great guy. Not only does he cook fabulous food, he usually comes around and says hello to his customers. And, if we are lucky and someone is celebrating a birthday, Andy comes out with his sax and plays happy birthday. I think we enjoy eating there more than even seeing the plays! It is that good! It is the best restaurant in Gainesville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Amelia's once again does not disappoint. Great food, great service all in a comfortable, yet not pompous atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always.DebraVIPDined on 6/13/2014A visit to Gainesville, always includes dining at Amelia's.Special Features:
- We love this restaurantmghjwhDined on 6/5/2014Four of us went to celebrate a birthday. The fish I had, Grouper Francesca, was done perfectly, on a bed of wonderful garlicky spinach.My husband loved the pasta putanesca. They gave us a free dessert for the birthday guy. It's a comfortable place to eat with consistently good food and service. We'll be back soon. We've already recommended it to several friends in the last day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!!TOMW1Dined on 5/31/2014We were travelling with our dog; needed outside seating. This place was fantastic! Excellent food and good service. Great views of what was happening in the town square.Special Features:
- Geat Restaraunt.jeffthebuilderDined on 5/10/2014This has been my favorite restaurant for years. The food is always far better than anywhere else, with a fun atmosphere and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantFredDined on 5/10/2014The veal dishes are off the map, and the lobster ravioli is the most incredible dish I have ever experienced. Andy is an amazing chef. The waiters are always friendly and helpful; they provide superb service. The main dining area has a living room feel and the paintings of Italy make for a very romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Amelia'sterriDined on 5/9/2014Great food Prompt service Friendly people, relaxed but nice atmosphere! I would definitely return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening of good goodOutgainesDined on 4/25/2014Dishes were excellent with nice salad. Good wine list and nice specials. Outdoor dining makes it very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodscooterDined on 4/25/2014excellent food and very good service. the restaurant was quite warm and bordered on uncomfortable. would return without hesitations.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014Food was outstanding, unfortunately it took 45 minutes to get to the table. There was a large dinner party in the back which slowed down service. We were not aware of this until well after we sat down to eat. Had we been pre-warned we would have gone to another establishment. The executive chef rounded every table but ours, I thought we might get a visit after complaining to two different waitresses. We will not be dining again at Amelia's.Special Features:
- Always greatForidianDined on 4/22/2014Food is wonderful. I especially like the grouper specialty. The chef/owner Andy is both an excellent chef and an excellent host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 338 reviews are from the Amelia's Italian Cuisine reviews archive.
- specialDined on 4/20/2014Great food and the staff was pleasant and very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Birthday DelightPfoodDined on 4/13/2014We celebrated my mother's birthday at Amelia's, also on another date, my daughter's birthday. On both occasions we received wonderful service. The food was fabulous- we definitely left completely full! The chef came by to check on the preparation of the food, as well as to wish my mom/daughter "Happy Birthday". He also played HB on his saxophone~ a nice added touch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceHippDinerDined on 4/12/2014We have been dining at Amelia's for several years. We started going there because of its proximity to the Hippodrome Theatre. Now we wouldn't go anywhere else. The food is fresh and delicious every time. The servers always remember us and help to make our evening enjoyable.Special Features:
- beware the grumpy waiterDysonAlphaDined on 4/11/2014Great food but the waiter seemed distracted and hurried. Overall a great place but ask for a waitress not a waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been there many timesKCTravelerVIPDined on 4/9/2014I have been there many times ad each time I love it...Special Features:
- What a wonderful mealhomeisbestVIPDined on 3/28/2014"What a wonderful meal my wife said" as we left this find from Open Table. Each of our Italian soups had a delicious broth that made them very tasty. My wife's veal Marsala was excellent as was the scaloppine with artichokes and capers that I had. The special of 2 glasses of Prosecco with one dessert was too good to pass up and we enjoyed a dish of Spumoni that we hadn't had in a long time. The one note of caution was a side dish of penne that came with the entrees. Both of us said we were lucky we hadn't ordered pasta which we might well have done if we weren't trying to follow a lo-carb diet. The bread too probably wasn't worth those carbs. The wine was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- Amazing and personable chef/ownerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and Andy (the executive chef/owner) personally came to our table and congratulated us; later in the evening, someone at another table was celebrating their birthday and Andy came out of the kitchen playing Happy Birthday on his saxophone! Amazing!!!Special Features:
- Great FindEpiskyVIPDined on 3/18/2014We were visiting from Washington, DC and were looking for some good food and found it. We just ordered entrees and no wine since we had a long drive ahead of us. It seemed they were a little short on staff in the front, with the executive chef and one waitress taking care of the tables. The food was excellent. I had a salmon special and my spouse a pasta dish. Everything was just right, from the bread to the level of doneness of the fish, If I find myself in G'ville again we are definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDwayneDined on 3/16/2014We were visiting from out of town and found Amelias on Open Table. Impressed with the service...Becca was so nice! The executive chef came out to make sure everything was to our liking and it was. Dwayne had one of the best Calamari dishes and the sauce was superb. I enjoyed a well done eggplant parm dinner. Would recommend to highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was an excellent diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014This was an excellent dining experience. We dined on the outdoor patio and enjoyed dinner tremendously. Great bar. Incredibly kind, thoughtful, and interested service, with the owner personally checking in. A genuine pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSawyers2012Dined on 3/15/2014The overall experience was less than desirable. The temperature inside the restaurant was very warm. Several members of our party repeatedly asked for the air to be turned down without results. Then, the food was VERY salty...one guest couldn't eat her entree at all because it was so salty. All in all, when paying $75pp (including wine), I except an overall better experience. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll return.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Gainesville!!!KatKatKatDined on 3/12/2014This was my third trip to this gem!! I love this place, everytime I visit gainesville my trip is not complete without a trip to Amelia's! Such a nice atmosphere so romantic. Everytime I've gone I've received excellent service and the executive chef is also the owner! My all time favorite place by far :) it's a must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food TraditionDixonDined on 3/11/2014We have been going to Amelia's since they first started in a small storefront on 8th Avenue. Always a special place for us for when we lived in Gainesville. Now coming back for the evening, to take two UF grandchildren out to dinner, We picked the place that we had always enjoyed. Excellent food and service that brought back many memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.