Amelia's Italian Cuisine
235 S. Main Street #107
Gainesville, FL 32601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amelia's Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliasgainesville.com/
- Phone: 3523731919
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Hours May Vary -- Please make a reservation to ensure availability!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Andy Fass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Depending on availability, our Tuscan Rose Room can accommodate your party of up to 45 people.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Fass 352-373-1919
- Entertainment: Wednesday Nights: Live Jazz with Gary Swanson Duo! 6-9pm
- Special Events: We do not accept reservations through OpenTable for New Years Eve, Valentine's Day, or UF Graduations. Please call us directly at 352-373-1919 for these special events.
A word from Amelia's Italian Cuisine
Gainesville's Finest Italian Cuisine for over 20 years! Located downtown in the Sun Center (Behind the Hippodrome). New (September 2007) Chef/Owner Andy Fass brings Amelia's back to its roots with top quality food, service, and ambiance. Nightly food and drink specials to complement the extensive Northern Italian cuisine menu selections. View our menu online at www.ameliasgainesville.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Amelia's Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Gainesville ›
Amelia's Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Birthday letdownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014My family took me to Amelia's for my birthday because of the great show they put on for your birthday (sax playing and singing). Dessert came and everyone started looking at each other (I had no idea). My husband asked what happened to the show and the waitress looked stunned-apparently the hostess forgot to tell her. She felt very badly and brought out a candle and stuck it in some crumbs left on a plate and started singing. She really, really tried but it was awkward to say the least. The food was very good but the back room got really loud when it started to fill up.Special Features:
- As alwaysvictoriafmVIPDined on 10/11/2014My first time in Amelias was 15 years ago. It was owned by an italian chef and was very good. We moved from Gainesville and came back for the game. We went to Amelias again, it was bought for another chef and now it is excellent. Good italian food, the best in Gainesville by far.Special Features:
- TOMW1Dined on 10/2/2014AWESOME; SECOND VISIT DURING OUR TRAVELS. bOTH TIMES WE HAVE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THE RESTAURANT.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantChrismarcheDined on 9/28/2014The whole experience was great, from being seated right away to the chef and owner coming out to ask us about our visit and how the food was. It is a very quiet atmosphere with great waiters and waitress's. I will be returning to this restaurant the next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HippDinerDined on 9/27/2014We have been eating at Amelia's Restaurant for several years. The food is always consistently delicious and the service is excellent. You will never be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Amelia's!BellDined on 9/25/2014We have never had a bad meal. The food is incredible, the staff is wonderful and the Chef takes his time to great every table. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyone and anyone that loves genuine Italian cuisine in a genuinely wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- I love this eating establishment.SamBDined on 9/23/2014I would recommend this eating establishment to everyone. The food is great and would be the perfect place to take a special date or for an anniversary, birthday or any special occasion. I will go back simply because the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia'sFresh4youDined on 9/19/2014Food and service are good. Our service Alex was did an excellent job. Owner/Chef Andy is very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ImmenselyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Just moved back to Gainesville and reserved table to celebrate my wife's birthday. We're sure glad we did as the food (grouper special) was absolutely delicious - and beautiful. It was the best fish I've ever had bar none! Our server (Serena) was delightful and catered to our every need. The music was wonderful - quiet, soothing and lovely. The owner and guitarist visited our table to greet us, chat, and thank us for coming. And the owner (Andy) helped celebrate the birthday occasion by playing a 'mean saxaphone' as the help and crowd joined in a rousing verse of 'Happy Birthday' to my wife! An all around wonderful experience that we recommend to everyone! Thanks from Frank and Patricia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service.kaytmackDined on 9/13/2014The food was good, but the service was excellent! Her name is Serena, and she is new there, but she was very genuinely polite, attentive and personable. We liked her a lot. The wine was good, and the veal was great, too. The chicken was decent, though next time I think I may order a seafood dish, because their shrimp cocktail was great.Special Features:
- Celebrate a BirthdayFredDined on 9/13/2014Andy, the outstanding chef, is multi-talented and also plays the saxophone. He does a terrific rendition of Happy Birthday. Combined with the food atmosphere, and service, what a wonderful restaurant to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- Great local favoriteAlex3217VIPDined on 9/5/2014We eat at Amelia's as a special "family favorite" every time we visit our daughter in Gainesville. It's a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Overall the food was not good enough for us to come back.
- Great place!LTedDined on 8/31/2014Great food and excellent service! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Never DisappointedCynfulDined on 8/23/2014This is only the second time we have dined at this restaurant but our first experience was so good (service and quality of food) that we were anxious to return with a smaller group. We were not disappointed as our server was personable and knowledgeable and the food was as delicious as we remembered it to be. The wine list offers many good choices and decent prices. We will definitely return to Amelia's the next time we are in Gainesville.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Had been here before and it was delicious! But this time, service was horrible and food was subpar. Very dissappointed.Special Features:
- Go for grouper!KyKirnlDined on 8/21/2014Amelia's has plenty of traditional "Italian" dishes for those who need some comfort food. All delicious (based on past experience), but be sure to check the specials. Many of these are more "continental" than red-sauce Italian. We both had grilled grouper, though with different preparations. Mine was served with a light white wine saute', over lightly sauteed spinach, with fresh Cedar Key clams in the shell surrounding it. My wife's -- also grilled -- included olives (which she felt were a bit salty, and could probably have included fewer of them) and capers in a light lemon-y sauce with pasta. Both were cooked perfectly, nicely plated and reasonable priced: $28 and $25 respectively, including pasta side and salad. I'd recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGraceDined on 8/20/2014I would definitely recommend this restuarant to my family and friends. The food was excellent, the service was superb and the music was a nice touch. I am looking forward to dining here again in the near future.Special Features:
- Very nice place and foodChristineDined on 8/8/2014This is one of the best places to go get Italian food in the Gainesville area. The food has a local, home-made taste that you miss in big restaurant branches. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the food and the place. Standard plates such as spaghetti bolognese or fetuccini alfredo are the best, I would not try to experiment with exotic plates or lasagna which are not that good. I always go to this place for especial occasions, nice atmosphere and good location.Special Features:
- A not to miss in Gainesville!HungarianVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was my second time at Amelia's and will always be on my list whenever visiting Gainesville. The owner Andy Fass could not be any nicer and he wears many hats; greeter, chef and of course his best role of being saxaphone player for Happy Birthday songs! The food is exceptional and the caesar salad a must selection as Andy makes his own dressing there at the restaurant. Already looking forward to my next visit to Gainesville! Susan the HungarianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!MunchkinDined on 7/23/2014Great food and great service! Made celebrating our anniversary that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Amelia's!KatieDined on 7/18/2014This is definitely one of our top two or three restaurants in Gainesville. The staff are friendly and service is great. Since we go there often they know who we are and catch up with us each time we return. Chef Andy comes out and speaks to everyone in the restaurant every night. The food is consistently great. We love it!Special Features:
- Excellent mealTimothyVIPDined on 7/1/2014Amelia's is a fine-dining restaurant right behind the iconic Hippodrome theatre in Gainesville. The dining room is intimate and calm, the service is attentive and unobtrusive, and Chef Andy visits each table. The food was delicious and generous. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We were late but the hostess was warm and welcoming. Owner Chef was working the dining room. It was late so we just had entrees which were accompanied by a salad. My wife and I ordered different dishes , but the sauce seemed the same even though it was described with different ingredients. Food was fine nothing more, nothing gourmet, which its not supposed to be. Everything was hot, which I like and bread was fresh and warm. Staff around were friendly and trying hard.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceZacharyDined on 6/28/2014The food here is great and the owner is always polite. But the older gentlemen who served us should not be working in a restaurant as a waiter. He never took our drink order as he went straight to taking our food order. We were at the table for 30 minutes before we got our drinks and had to remind him to bring them to us as he forgot. Food did not come out at the same time, which is always uncomfortable for the group at the table. He did get better as the night went on and I still tipped him a full 20% because I felt he was in over his head.Special Features:
- A Wonderfull NiteRenardDined on 6/28/2014The chef ANDY is a real talent. He will honor special requests,as he did for us. His food is constantly great. Sometimes he might also play the Sax. The sauces are light and flavorful. I look forward to each experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friends..janeDined on 6/28/2014voted as the #1 Italian Restaurant in Gainesville and I totally agree. Awesome food. Service was slow but found out the server had an emergency and had to leave. Another server took over and was fabulous. Very pleasant and did the best she could with the extra tables. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very user friendly, yummyRoboDined on 6/27/2014We found the food,service and mgmt excellent, will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER-RATED AND DISAPPOINTING.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Heard great reviews and made reservation for before Hippodrome show, but will never go again. VERY poor service. Took over an hour to get our entrees, which were mediocre and overpriced. Waitress Jessica was brusque and condescending, and twice we had to go find her for service. Salad was standard bagged greens with bitter house vinaigrette. Tuesday 1/2 price bottle of wine special was not mentioned (we heard about it too late from a different waitress telling another customer). Took over an hour for our entree to be served, even though there were only two other tables filled in restaurant. Chef visited other two tables, but ignored us. Pasta was bland, house sauce tasted like it was straight from a can. DON'T GO. « Read less
- The following 354 reviews are from the Amelia's Italian Cuisine reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Chef recommended grouper and boy did he deliver. Personable, professional wait staff. Very Nice.Special Features:
- Jim GJamesTDined on 6/18/2014Great Place to have Dinner. We make it a special occassion when we catch a play at the Hipp.We usually have a small group and they treat us pretty special.Special Features:
- wonderful!colonelDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant never fails to amaze. Great food, service and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's in GainesvilleTomTDined on 6/14/2014Amelia's Italian Restaurant in Gainesville is an excellent choice for after theater dining. It is very convenient to the Hippodrome Theater and has supurb food and service. Their veal dishes are extra special.Special Features:
- eatoftenDined on 6/14/2014We have been frequenting Amelia's for seven years. After attending a play at the Hippodrome Theatre, we always walk to the restaurant. It truly is a neighborhood gem. The food is always consistently good no matter what we choose. The bread is to die for, especially after dipping it in olive oil. The waiters/waitresses are always friendly, professional, and responsive. The owner/chef, Andy, is a great guy. Not only does he cook fabulous food, he usually comes around and says hello to his customers. And, if we are lucky and someone is celebrating a birthday, Andy comes out with his sax and plays happy birthday. I think we enjoy eating there more than even seeing the plays! It is that good! It is the best restaurant in Gainesville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Amelia's once again does not disappoint. Great food, great service all in a comfortable, yet not pompous atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always.DebraVIPDined on 6/13/2014A visit to Gainesville, always includes dining at Amelia's.Special Features:
- We love this restaurantmghjwhDined on 6/5/2014Four of us went to celebrate a birthday. The fish I had, Grouper Francesca, was done perfectly, on a bed of wonderful garlicky spinach.My husband loved the pasta putanesca. They gave us a free dessert for the birthday guy. It's a comfortable place to eat with consistently good food and service. We'll be back soon. We've already recommended it to several friends in the last day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!!TOMW1Dined on 5/31/2014We were travelling with our dog; needed outside seating. This place was fantastic! Excellent food and good service. Great views of what was happening in the town square.Special Features:
- Geat Restaraunt.jeffthebuilderDined on 5/10/2014This has been my favorite restaurant for years. The food is always far better than anywhere else, with a fun atmosphere and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantFredDined on 5/10/2014The veal dishes are off the map, and the lobster ravioli is the most incredible dish I have ever experienced. Andy is an amazing chef. The waiters are always friendly and helpful; they provide superb service. The main dining area has a living room feel and the paintings of Italy make for a very romantic atmosphere.Special Features: