Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey
187 Warren Street, Ste. 100
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliasbistro.com/
- Phone: 2013322200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room seats up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Kelley Ryan 2013322200
A word from Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey
Amelia"s Bistro offers new/eclectic contemporary dining experience. Dining room, outdoor patio and private party room are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey - Best Restaurants in Jersey City ›
Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)great for brunch (21)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (10)romantic (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Will visit again!CookieDined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was recommended by a family member. Decided to bring friends for a first time dining experience and we were all impressed. Truly enjoyed the food and the ambiance. Will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, Not Great.GAF96Dined on 8/20/2014Had high hopes for Amelia's. Was ultimately disappointed. I wanted to make sure my guest and I would have the opportunity for discussion so I went half an hour ahead of our reservation to assess the seating. Either of two empty outdoor tables seemed ideal and the hostess promised to save one of them for me. When we returned both tables were occupied and she offered no apology, which left an initial bad feeling. Service was friendly and efficient. The wine we ordered from the list was not available. Calamari dish was good but did not live up to the menu description. The signature boneless short ribs were lean but lacked flavor or distinction. Many other attractive restaurants nearby. I would probably not return to Amelia's.
- creative bistro fareWALTDined on 8/8/2014Creative fare. Crostini (machengo/fig jam/almonds, bacon/peanut butter/siracha), small plates, bistro entrees (flank steak, harissa glazed salmon). Value priced wine list. Nice cocktail selection. Outside dining, party room, great bar/dining area.Special Features:
- Best brunch everfoodhobbyistVIPDined on 6/22/2014Restaurant was packed for brunch with good reason. Best and unique/interesting selection of brunch items we have ever seen. All were well prepared, very flavorful and plentiful. Can't say whether or not they were short staffed this particular day, but once order was taken and served, very difficult to get the attention of wait staff. Did observe one family of four leave after waiting at least 15 minutes and not receive any service at all. That's not good, but it appears the locals will sustain this restaurant. We do recommend, but make a reservation and trip a wait staffer to get attention because the food was great.Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Go here all the time for brunch ... I say the caramelized banana french toast is the best I've ever had. My photographer says the shrimp and grits are absolutely outstanding. All the other menu items we've tried are excellent also, but we keep coming back for those 2 particularly. Also, the lunches are excellent and the bartender makes excellent drinks for a late evening relaxation. This is one of our fav places.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceFoodieDined on 6/14/2014Went to Amelia's to celebrate Father's Day. My father in law is a foodie, he loved the food. We all loved the food and the great service.Special Features:
- Engagement celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014Had a dinner party of 12, celebrating my engagement . The staff were courteous and helpful , we had a wonderful time . I'd recommend this place anytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great fun at Amelia'sLaraVIPDined on 6/9/2014Always enjoy it here, and it was the first time for Lobster Monday - something we've been looking forward to for a while. It didn't let down - fun food, and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 5/29/2014The steak sandwich and wedge salad was good. Service was attentive, waitperson was friendly with a 'can do' attitude.Special Features:
- I like this restaurant very muchCHIQUITA635VIPDined on 5/25/2014I go alot to this place never make a reservation thru open table this was the very first time. This time service was not that good. The server seemed to be gone we asked for a bottle of water she brought us tap water. Then we asked for the bottle of water she took very long to bring to the table. This is the first time happening the restaurant was not that busy. it is still one of my favorite place to go have brunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good evening!FreeasthewindDined on 5/17/2014A good neighborhood spot. I have never had a bad experience here...Always good food, good service, good outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Needed to find a place for a Mother's Day meal and after making some last minute plans in the city and, needless to say, everything in the city was booked up. We went to OpenTable and searched restaurants with openings that would be somewhat on the way home with good reviews and, luckily for us, we found Amelia's Bistro. We are a family of five and we all enjoyed our meals, as well as the look, feel, and location of the place. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- nice brunchLaraVIPDined on 5/10/2014always a fun meal at Amelia's. Very enjoyable, good food, and kid friendly.Special Features:
- Always a FavHorse4lightDined on 5/8/2014Amelia's never disappoints. A "must" stop when my parents or other visitors come to JC. Thanks.
- The following 134 reviews are from the Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey reviews archive.
- Delicious!GDMHEREDined on 4/18/2014My family loved Amelia's Bistro! The server created a large table for our group, giving us plenty of space. Food arrived quickly - we were in a hurry - and beautifully presented. From delicious flat bread pizza, to healthy, creative salads, and a variety of tasty mains, we all loved our meals. My husband commented that he wished he had more time to work his way thru the menu. If ever in Jersey City, try this place! There's a cool private room in the basement that looks perfect for a private dinner party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014They accommodated us with a round table as I requested. The food and food presentation was very good. Service was excellent. Was a family birthday dinner and we enjoyed ourselves very much in Amelia's atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it. It was recommended to me by my 28 year old daughter and her boyfriend.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restauRatitouDined on 3/21/2014The menu sounds good, variety and good concept; unfortunately execution is not "gourmet". Price point is reasonable and ambience is good. More like a family place in the neighborhood. Full bar is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsgh07302Dined on 3/16/2014Amelia's Bistro always has great service, a pleasant atmosphere and food that is consistently good. The experience is the same whether I'm dining with out of town guests or stopping in for a brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plate HeavenCsMomDined on 3/6/2014The new truffled wild mushroom crostini is outrageous, as is the kale salad. Proscuitto had a strange taste, tho.Special Features:
- Brunch Menu = Yum!Foodie4Life106Dined on 3/2/2014First time having brunch at this spot was very good. The small plates were not as impressive but still good to enjoy - bite size amounts. Brunch menu is not huge but options were appealing. The dishes were savory and packed with flavor. Then came here again for dinner and the salmon was fiery but tasty. The cod fish was delicious with the sauteed kale. Unfortunately, the caipirinha were not made so well. They were very sweet and lacked lime. But other than that, overall good experience. Will still come back to try other dishes :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gone down a stepKrisDined on 2/28/2014I have been to Amelia's countless times over the years and feel like the quality has really gone down. I loved the pear gorgonzola flatbread that they no longer have. The cheese plate was good but for $12 it was a little sparse. The main meals that we got were nothing to rave about. So, overall it was fine but no longer in my top rated restaurants of JC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place to eatluvtoexperienceDined on 2/23/2014the caramel crunch Brioche French Toast was very Good !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood brunch / lunchLKJCDined on 2/16/2014A great place for a nice lunch or weekend brunch, Good food, reasonable prices,Special Features:
- Good experienceME724Dined on 2/15/2014We had dinner there on a Saturday night, not overly crowded which was nice. Waitstaff was great, food was okay. Might go back again, but more so for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- A Great FindDiner100Dined on 2/8/2014First time dining here. I sat at the bar. Friendly bartender who makes excellent drinks. His food recommendations did not steer us wrong. Loved the crostini! I'm sure that I'll be back.Special Features:
- Deliciously diverse menussp25Dined on 2/8/2014Dined at Amelia's with my wife's family and the restaurant had a different dish for everyone, which each person loved. The waiter was very helpful with recommendations, which were spot on. I highly recommend the cod. Also love the chickpea/mash your own hummus spread in place of traditional butter or oil to accompany the table's bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKristybizVIPDined on 1/18/2014I went to Amelia's with 3 other women. We shared laughs, apps, drinks and dinner. It was a great night! Many delicious things on the menu and we always enjoy the chickpea and bread that comes out before your apps.Special Features:
- A gem in Jersey CityTallladyDined on 1/12/2014Friendly and fun staff. Foodie quality food and presentation. Lovely early Sunday evening with friends and family. Definitely will go again to try more menu items. (The arugula salad was devine - the herb fried chicken with brie/potatoes - yummy.) Special cocktails and deserts for friends' tastes. I went with the wine and was quite happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekend brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014It'd been a while since I'd seen a couple of my girlfriends, who are from Manhattan. So I suggested we meet up in the middle - in Jersey City since I was coming from Central Jersey (but am formerly of JC). Easy ride to the Exchange Place PATH, where I picked them up. They both loved the food choices at Amelia's and said, the good was great & at a wonderful price compared to Manhattan prices! Once we'd settled in, took a while for staff to take our orders. The food made up for it. Also loved the muffins at the beginning! Brunch/lunch items -- so many choose from . . . & all tasty. I had the yummy crab cake sliders, which I couldn't even finish . . . ended up wrapping one up to take home.Special Features:
- Amelia's is AmazingLoveSlidersDined on 1/5/2014Amelia's in my go-to brunch spot. I've had several different items on the menu and am never disappointed - everything from the chicken and waffles to the salmon eggs benedict is delicious. Plus, you can't beat their 4 dollar bloody marys. I recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:
- Great food, but rushed serviceJMGibsonDined on 12/31/2013I have been to Amelia's a few times, and I keep coming back because I really enjoy the food here. However, my biggest complaint with the restaurant is how the space bringing out the food. The appetizers came out very quickly, which was great. But, 10 minutes after receiving my appetizers, I was given my entree. I wasn't even halfway through my appetizer. By the time I got to my entree it was cold. It also makes you feel rushed, when I came here to have a good meal and a few drinks with my husband. The wait staff is very nice, attentive and apologetic, but each time I come here the exact same thing happens. Next time I will say something before I order to avoid the disappointment. Otherwise, I really enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- heatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013the restaurant did not have enough heat on when we arrived - it was cold -I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateGoodNeighborDined on 10/27/2013We were early of our reservation but had to wait. My omelette tasted fine but was tepid. No hash browns was a downer. My sparkling wine was tasty and reasonable. The bear cub bartender is cute and very friendly.
- Cold BrunchBigODined on 10/19/2013We came, we ordered, and we recieved a cold meant to be hot plate of eggs and bacon. The toast was hard. The food tasted good but it was cold. Waiter was great in handling that issue.Special Features:
- Best Brunch Spot in JCLoveSlidersDined on 10/19/2013Amelia's never disappoints. Easily the best brunch spot in JC, the menu is amazing and the food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JocullDined on 10/14/2013This was our second time at Amelias and it continues to amaze. The craft beer selection is small (6-8) but varied, which is good. The food is fantastic! I had the herb fried chicken with gruyere potatoes and it melted in my mouth. The prices are average for this type of place. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great findloveedgDined on 10/5/2013have never had anything that wasnt fantastic, always accommodating, friendly and courteous. don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but it tookAlexDined on 10/5/2013The food was good but it took and hour to get my cocktail!
- Great food. Great service.SBaileyDined on 9/14/2013Great food. Great service. Only issue was a child that was making too much noise, crying and fussingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2013We visit Amelia's frequently! Service is sporadic, sometimes really great sometimes over-eager and under-educated. Food is consistently fun and Good! Rotating beer list is fun-I'd recommend this restaurant to any friends/couple/group for a fun, casual dinner or brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.