Ambria - Denver
1201 16th St. Suite 104
Denver, CO 80202-1567Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ambria - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ambriadenver.com/
- Phone: 3036238646
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday 2:30pm - 6:30pm Brunch: Saturday 11:00am - 3:00pm Small Plate Sunday: - 2:00pm - 9:00pm. Metered parking free on Sundays. Late Night Happy Hour: Friday - Saturday 9:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Balenzuela
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: In-house catering available in our Private Dining Room and during full buy outs.
- Private Party Facilities: We have the capacity to seat 200 people for a total restaurant buy-out. We also have a private dining room for 30.
- Private Party Contact: Rich Manzo 3034373282
- Entertainment: Only 3 1/2 blocks from DCPA(Denver Center for the Performing Arts). 0.7 of a mile from the Pepsi Center. 0.8 of a mile from Coor's Field. 3 1/2 blocks from the Bovine Metropolis Theater (Improv).
- Special Events: Private Dining: Ambria's Martini Room seats 14 and Our LoDo Private Dining Room seats 30. Our 16th Street Mall patio seats 48. Our Main Dining Room seats 175. All are available for buy outs; Graduation, Office Party, Bachelorette party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsal Lunch, Wedding, Anniversary, Birthday, or just because.
- Cross Street: Lawrence
- Public Transit: - RTD Lightrail 2 Blocks away
- The Free 16th St Mall Ride on 16th & Lawrence. This runs the length of 16th Street Mall.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We validate parking (FREE)after 4pm in The Tabor Center Parking Garage. Metered Parking is free on Sundays in LoDo, stop by and enjoy the 16th Street Mall and our Sunday meals.
A word from Ambria - Denver
Chef Gabe's focuses on a seasonal menu delivering American Cuisine influenced by the coastline of the Mediterranean, primarily using; Italian, French, Spanish, and North African flavors. This Denver Downtown kitchen offers small plates to full entree's and the full service bar can mix cocktails and has access to an extensive wine by the 1/2 glass, full glass, or bottle program provided by our Wine Director Jeff. Our 16th St Mall location offers a variety of seating options; patio seats 48 to enjoy the outdoors, a 22' community table to socialize and network, Full service dine and/or drink Bar, Booth seating, or Table seating. For private parties Managing Partner Rich can set you & yours up in our LoDo Martini Room which seats 14 and/or our LoDo Private Dining Room with 30 seats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ambria - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
- We were there on the restaurant'sKaleinmyCoffeeVIPDined on 10/20/2012We were there on the restaurant's last night. I can see why they are closing- the food was very pricey and subpar. There were not any salads or healthy options available. The brussel sprouts I ordered were deep fried and the beet salad was very heavy and not at all what I had hoped for. The wine was good but that was it. My husband liked the steak but didn't feel it merited the ridiculous price tag. It could be a great location but it seems to be doomed.Special Features:
- Ambria is terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Stay away. There are so many better places in downtown Denver to eat. This place is overpriced and the food is subpar to say it nicely. It should tell you something when the place is at less than half capacity at 7pm on Saturday night. Ambria basically caters to tourists who don't know where to go. Ignore the fluff, as that is all it is.... Justen
- We had dinner on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2012We had dinner on a Sunday evenng prior to a play. It was quiet and pleasant. The meal and service was very good. We will go back.Special Features:
- Waiter was very attentive.TBearVIPDined on 10/12/2012Waiter was very attentive. The crab bisque and diver scallops were absolutely delicious. Our reservation was at 6pm and it was quiet but probably picked up later.Special Features:
- We hit Ambria for lunch forStephen5280VIPDined on 10/9/2012We hit Ambria for lunch for the first time (usually do dinner). The Rare Tuna Salad was perfectly balanced with just enough dressing (not swimming), and the Steak Salad was perfectly cooked and not chewy. Hard to pick with a menu this good, and they can get you in and out for lunch quickly.Special Features:
- The food and the service wereLilyDined on 10/6/2012The food and the service were excellent, a very casual and relaxing meal. The venison was outstanding, i highly recommend it!Special Features:
- The food was fantastic --OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2012The food was fantastic -- well prepared, well presented, and the portions were just right. The service was good and wine list provided good options at most price points. The restaurant was only about half full by 9:00 on Friday night allowing us to have a good conversation.Special Features:
- LOVED THE QUIET, RELAXED ATMOSPHEREOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012LOVED THE QUIET, RELAXED ATMOSPHERE. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AND WELL PROPORTIONED, NOT HEAVY;SERVICE WAS FRIENDLY AND LOW-KEY, NOT PUSHY. . . . ABSOLUTELY THE BEST CHOOLATE DESSERT I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!
- Went here twice during myOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/3/2012Went here twice during my work trip to Denver - both times with big groups. The wine list and appetizers - especially the brussels sprouts and beets - were amazing. The gnocchi special was excellent. The menu was diverse and affordable.Special Features:
- The service was very slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012The service was very slow. Our entrees were very good, but the babaganoush was disappointing. The music was loud and hard to have a conversation.
- Poor service, Overpriced foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2012Ambria is a nice restaurant with a prime location, however, the service is absolutely terrible. The restaurant was half full and it took ages to get our dinners and for the server to check up on us. When we were finally served, much of the food was barely warm and one of the dishes, ordered medium, was rare. It's overpriced and was definitely a buzz kill. With all of the great local options in Denver, I see no reason to go back there or recommend it. I hope the servers and cooks can get their act together! I definitely saw a lot of employees just standing around talking... hmmmmmm....
- Tried Ambria on Saturday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/29/2012Tried Ambria on Saturday evening and would highly recommend you stay away! Place was only slightly full yet the service was awful. Upon being seated we waited 10 minutes before flagging down the hostess for menus. Another ten minutes went by before our waitress came by to take our wine orders. We ordered 2 glasses of wine, waited yet another 10 minutes when our waitress stopped by to tell s the bar was behing and it would be a few more minutes. We ordered a starter and sides at this time. Both our wine and babaganoush arrived, very good. About 25 minutes later our main course showed up. I had the short rib ravioli which were good except the portion was very small and my husband ordered the duck breast which was tasty but again the
- My wife is a foodie and reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2012My wife is a foodie and really liked it. I just enjoy a good meal. While the food was decent it wasn't my favorite. Wine list wasn't huge but I think it has something for everyone. Our server was great and very attentive. We were able to sit outside and watch the passing 16th Street foot traffic.Special Features:
- A little on the expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2012A little on the expensive side for downtown Denver lunch, but well executed. Highlight was the crab bisque.Special Features:
- Small but tasty menu. LargeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Small but tasty menu. Large wine list and nice service.Special Features:
- The food was amazing. ServiceTravelerDined on 9/22/2012The food was amazing. Service was excellent. Convenient location to downtown. We will go back the next time we are in Denver.Special Features:
- We sat outside on a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2012We sat outside on a beautiful night. Great service and great food. Loved the wine choices and sizes. My husband had the lamb special and said it was the best meal he had in Denver all week.
- Our meals were wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2012Our meals were wonderful. The service was great and I would definitely recommend Ambria for tasty small plates and a great glass of wine.Special Features:
- Great Farm to Table cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2012On the night we went, it was fairly quiet inside. Out waitstaff was very attentive. The food came from locally sourced produce and meats. Everything was quite nicely flavored and prepared. I would recommend this a nice find on the 16th Street Mall in Downtown Denver.Special Features:
- Too many issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2012This restaurant was listed as Mediterranean but had few items on the menu reflecting that... no humus and a poor olive oil (with no salt, pepper or vinegar) was provided for the bread after a special request. The service was slow even though the restaurant was far less than half full. Few in our party were pleased with their meal...the chicken was dry (probably sat to long under the lights), the generous serving of steak was way over seasoned, and the short rib ravioli entree was barely appetizer proportions. Though not the quickest fellow, the bright spot was our well humored and generally responsive waiter who sadly couldn't make the kitchen work any faster. And this experience came at a premium price.
- Going to the theatre - check Ambriatadams2347Dined on 9/14/2012This is our second time at the Ambria and it just gets better. Love the small plates at Happy Hour and worth planning on spending time there. The scallops and the ricotta cheese plate (which is homemade daily) were totally awesome - great tastes and favors. When looking for places to eat downtown - Ambria comes to mind as one of the best places and never disappoints. Also they use local and seasonal ingredients, which is great because the menu changes keeping you wanting to come back!Special Features:
- NomOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2012Our most recent meal at Ambria was a welcome change from your typical restaurant faire. We were in a seafood mood, and were pleasantly surprised with the fresh-tasting ingredients and skill with which our meals were prepared. Our server was friendly, although perhaps not the greatest at describing the items on the menu - we decided to take a few chances and were pleasantly surprised. I definitely recommend the fried brussels sprouts - although they are by no means a health food!Special Features:
- I was so pleased to find thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2012I was so pleased to find this great restaurant! The food was excellent, very creative, and delicious!Special Features:
- I went here with a few ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2012I went here with a few of my girlfriends for a girls night out and it was perfect! Everything from the service to the food. I have been in the industry for 15 years and would highly recommend Ambria to anyone. The brussel sprouts are a much have.Special Features:
- if only the food lived up to the meamykVIPDined on 9/7/2012amazing menu - if only the food lived up to it. low quality food and plates didin't quite come together. no wonder it was almost empty @7 - 8 on a friday night.
- We were at Ambria on TuesdaySaurkrautVIPDined on 9/4/2012We were at Ambria on Tuesday evening after Labor Day. The place was almost completely empty because the food is very good. The service was spotty at times. It was odd to be sitting in an empty restaurant of this quality. We enjoyed the small plates for appetizers and split the trout entree. We enjoyed them all. Wine selection is also good.Special Features:
- I have had lunch there twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2012I have had lunch there twice in the past couple of weeks and both times have been impressed with the food, both in quality and taste. Salads are fresh with appealing mixes, the pasta is outstanding (confirmed also by my lunch mates), and the portions are generous. It is reasonably priced and the service is friendly and responsive. I haven't had occasion to try the dinner or the wine list but look forward to doing so. I also appreciate that they understand what gluten free means and can accommodate that restriction. My only question is why they are not more crowded at lunch - perhaps the word hasn't spread yet.Special Features:
- Delicious small plates andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Delicious small plates and fresh, delectable entrees. Great dining before or after theater!Special Features:
- Lunch at AmbriaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2012Took a small work group (7) to Ambria for a team lunch. Food was very good although there was a very limited vegetarian selection which surprised us. The Business Lunch was an excellent option since it provided an opportunirty to sample several items - a soup or salad, an entre, a small dessert. The portions were perfect for lunch and the price was reasonable for the quality.Special Features:
- This was a great disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2012This was a great disappointment. The appearance of this restaurant makes you feel as if you are in for a special treat. The menu looks to be fit for foodies, however, with an intelligible waitress more fit for the looks of Denny's, the evening was a bust. The cook knows how to use a grill, but alas at this price and expectation, it should be a cut above. Arranged in the old Ling n' Louie's on the 16th street mall, there was no overhaul of the decor. It felt cheap and copied. Wasn't feeling the lack of care.
- Server was very nice and foodCam1VIPDined on 8/22/2012Server was very nice and food quite good. However, to server watered down Vodka and then charge $2 for ice is not acceptable. Have heard many comments lately from others about watered down drinks.
- Travis could be the best waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2012Travis could be the best waiter I've ever had! :-)Special Features:
- Great food and wine!UsualDined on 8/16/2012Try the brussels sprouts! Deep fried with curry--yum! Super selections for wine by the glass. Lamb excellent. Pasta on the lobster ravioli a bit tough.Special Features:
- Not what I expected but very good!CKFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2012Perfect place for a business dinner. Great ambiance and the lamb chop was the best I've had. Rest of my party got the venison and reported that it was very good. Opentable lists as Medditerraen but the music played was the only thing that fit that bill! All in all a very good experience.Special Features:
- Nice evening of food and wineDawnRVIPDined on 8/10/2012We tried the chef's tasting menu and it was quite good. Warning, though, the portions were larger than tasting size and we were quite full by the 5th course. Also, be aware that these are five appetizer and entree courses. Dessert was separate. Wine pairings were quite fun as the resturant has an impressive by-the-glass wine list and they do a 3 oz pour that is perfect for a course. Overall we enjoyed great service and a very enjoyable meal. Nice find on the 16th Street Mall.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012My wife and I went to Ambria for our anniversary recently. Everything about this place was just awesome. The staff was amazing, they had all signed a card for our anniversary and treated it like a very special event. The food was absolutely delicious, we had a ceviche for an appetizer, my wife had squid ink pasta and I had veal chops for our entrees, they were all terrific. On top of that the wine list was great.Overall just an amazing experience and we will definitely be back for more.Special Features:
- 7 course tasting menu. MostOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/20127 course tasting menu. Most decently prepared, strange order and not a cohesive progression. Started with a very good gazpacho with watermelon, followed by a very good salmon tartare. The third course was a white fish ceviche with house made tortila chips - it was so-so, way too big for a course on a tasting menu. The fourth course, one of the best was local fresh steamed vegetables on a bed of mashed yukon gold. The fifth course was monk fish - very good. The sixth course was (I forgot) big. The seventh course was a veal chop, well cooked, with a good corn relish - a huge plate like a regular entree. Seems odd to ding them for too much food. What happened to a dessert course? And 3 courses of fish?Special Features:
- We had dinner here with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2012We had dinner here with friends. We enjoyed the food. Our friends ordered the trout which they said was delicious. The interesting thing about that dish was the presentation. The wine list had a lot of variety and we had a tasty Italian red. The service was acceptable - the waiter forgot to bring something we asked for and the dishes came out at different times when we specified getting them all together.Special Features:
- A real gem. American-AsianBcorkeyDined on 7/31/2012A real gem. American-Asian fusion style with perfect wine matches at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Amazing, as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2012As always, Ambria was amazing. Amazing food, great service, fantastic wine, I could go on. We have been several times and have never been disappointed. We have loved everything we have ever ordered, you really cannot go wrong. This place is shockingly easy to get into, I'm waiting for the day when we have to wait 3 weeks to get in because the rest of Denver realizes how amazing this place is. We continue to enjoy every evening we have at Ambria.Special Features: