Amberjax at Trinity Groves
3011 Gulden Lane
Dallas, TX 75212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Amberjax at Trinity Groves
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.amberjax.net/
- Phone: 4695139088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Larry Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Amberjax at Trinity Groves
At AmberJax Fish Market Grille, we bring our guests the best and freshest seafood from around the world – whether you’re eating at our table or yours. Make a quick stop in the market to find an array of centerplate proteins including the freshest fish, seafood, and prime beef, along with healthy, ready-to-heat soups, gumbos, stocks, sides, and sundries. If you don’t feel like cooking, Chef Larry will do it for you with all the freshness and variety of the market at his disposal. We serve his special brand of luxury comfort food in our full service dining room, with a full bar and wine list to complement your meal. Whether you’re on the run or ready to relax and dine, the AmberJax family invites you to visit us in our new home next to the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge at Trinity Groves.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Amberjax at Trinity Groves - Best Restaurants in Trinity Groves ›
Amberjax at Trinity Groves reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (49)great for lunch (41)good for groups (37)special occasion (33)great for outdoor dining (20)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (11)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Just Bla... Unfortunately:/Love2eatDined on 10/18/2014Love seafood and figured we'd give Amberjax a shot. Dinner for two. Ordered coconut shrimp (pretty good) a bowl of gumbo (ok). For our entre we ordered Shrimp and Grits, and Walnut crusted Mahi. Had Mack and cheese and some other sides I can't remember. Had 3 cocktails. Have to say the server was very friendly and attentive. He knew the menu very well. Sadly the food was just ok at best... Maybe we ordered the wrong items I don't know but for $150+ out the door I've have a waaaay better experience at many spots in Dallas for much much less:/
- Amberjax in Trinity GrovesIamjimmorrisonDined on 10/17/2014Excellent seafood restaurant in the Trinty Groves restaurant incubator in West Dallas. Many board specials. Food was excellent, but a tad pricey. Do not recommend getting drinks there. Too pricey for value...Special Features:
- SurpriseByrdnationDined on 10/11/2014We were so happy it was so good we will go back and bring the rest of the family. Chris our waiter was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I was looking for a great restaurant to take a very close friend. I FB messaged his son that is working in Isreal. He recommended it to me. It is a really great place with a big selection. I really like how the trees were lit up with white lights and the Anarondak chairs for hanging out and having a drink. Loved it !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/2/2014Outstanding experience with one small drawback. Was very loud over lunch on a weekday, made conversation a bit difficult at times. That aside, great food and service, already looking forward to next time.Special Features:
- FISH FISH FISH + other good stuffOaklawn2VIPDined on 10/1/2014We took a friend out for dinner and had a wonderful time. Fresh oysters, great salads, delicious entrees and a yummy dessert to share. All this AND good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; very loud!DoryDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful fresh food and great service. But don't expect to have much of a conversation. It is loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bait and Switch Menu Item PricingCharliesAngelsDined on 9/27/2014I thought it was a bit of "Bait and Switch" to have items on your on-line menu that do not appear in the actual menu. For example, the Salmon with sea salt and pepper for $14.00 on the on-line menu is $24.00 when you get to the restaurant. Anyway, that part is a bit "FISHY," but the food was very good. Please update your on-line menu, so that you can be honest about your pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodHPMaxwellDined on 9/26/2014We really enjoyed our lunch at Amberjack. The food was delicious and portions were generous. Service was very professional. Noise level a little loud -- probably due to the concrete floors and full restaurant. Get there at 11:30 for lunch to beat the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2014Have eaten here several times. Food is ok, service is ok. Will not be returning.
- Amberjax continues......WoodgateDined on 9/25/2014The choices of fresh fish is endless - food is always cooked exactly right - service is great from the time you walk in the door until you leave. Today the hostess ran down the side of the building to make sure my lunch companion did not get lost looking for front door. Because of nice weather - the side walls were all open to let in the delicious fresh air. I will say it is filled with energetic noise during the busy part of the lunch hour. We lingered later to enjoy some of their delicious desserts - and it became quieter around 2 pm when the main crowd had dispersed - although there was still a crowd. My favorite restaurant in Trinity Grove!Special Features:
- Heavenly bread puddingYummyfoodDined on 9/21/2014I went with my sister and meuce for Sunday lunch . I had the watermelon, cucumber, arugula salad. Wow. Loved it. Followed by seared yellow fin tuna that melted in my mouth. Lastly...sister insisted I must have the bread pudding. Went to heaven and the Carmel sauce was the best ever. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amberjax pricey but worth itfropDined on 9/20/2014Amberjax was a bit pricey but the food was outstanding. Attentive and friendly service.Special Features:
- Near Hit!NolaeatsVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is not a bad place for seafood in Dallas. The variety is impressive but negatives include poor value in pricing, high priced cocktails, somewhat crowded and extremely noisy. As part of the Trinty Groves menu of restaurants it's a good fit.
- great service..good food..bad noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014The personable wait staff made the meal. The noise was so loud we couldn't wait to get out of there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHeeseonVIPDined on 9/19/2014Can't believe we waited this long to try this place. A great meal - better than a similar type restaurant/market in Highland Park that we've been going to. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday LunchDallasMattDined on 9/14/2014We lucked out with great weather and open doors for indoor/outdoor dining. Food and service were fantastic, as were the cocktails (never had a Vieux Carre before -- that was great!). Will have to try the desserts next time -- we walked down to Kate Weiser Chocolates to fulfill a promise to the kid.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedStoneDined on 9/13/2014The food was good at Amberjax, but the portions were a bit small and all items were overpriced. The slice of key lime pie was particularly small.
- My new go to spot for fishJeffDined on 9/6/2014Excellent fish selection which is then cooked perfectly. Fish market on site lets you take fresh fish home if you want to cook yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, energetic environmentFoodie365Dined on 9/6/2014This is a great place for seafood lovers! I love oysters, shrimp and fish. Amberjaxx has it all.Special Features:
- Good food and fun atmosphereMargieBDined on 9/6/2014We had a good dinner at Amberjax, The food was good and so were the cocktails. It has a fun, casual atmosphere. We will come back!
- Great Experience!!!InTheHoodDined on 9/6/2014We loved the menu, our wait person (Nikki) and the overall ambiance of the place. Lots of items to choose from. The owner came to talk to us and was full of personality and charm. The place is quite pricey, but worth it every once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerLovelocal214Dined on 9/5/2014Elliot's service was outstanding. The food was excellent-our whole party agreed! We like the location and the fish market inside. The one and only complaint would be the noise level. It is extremely loud. Hard to hear the person next to you let alone the person sitting across from you. Ok for groups but I would not reccomend for a quiet, intimate evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SaltyTstrickDined on 8/31/2014Ordered a side of green beans that I could not eat bc they were so salty. Realize the same green beans were in the salad I ordered. Left hungry
- Seafood loversOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014Food is cooked just right to enjoy the meal. Good service and the waiter was helpful in selecting a wine for us.Special Features:
- delicious fresh fishkdbensonVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love the variety of fresh fish here. Tuna, Chilean Sea Bass and Opah was all cooked perfectly and tasted delicious! Had a Hatch Chili Crab Cake special which was amazing...I love spicy & it had a kick! Often, food really won't be spicy but just have the flavor of the chili so I was pleasantly surprised! Also had a Special Cajun Strawberry cocktail which was good and not too sweet. I love when there are mixologists that try different types of cocktails...makes drinks interesting! Delicious Fish and always something new to try This has become one of our favorite places to eat! Love the Trinity Grove area too!Special Features:
- Good but $$$.MealieDined on 8/27/2014Very very loud with only about 25% occupied. Mushroom caps excellent, shrimp cocktail below average. Blackened Red fish was tasty, but small portion for $30. Had 1 glass of house wine each and total bill was $127 before tip. Summation: Value-way over priced. Ambiance-uncomfortably loud. Food 6 on a 10 scale. Value 2 on a 10 scale. Won't go back.Special Features:
- RepeaterBigLoboDined on 8/25/2014This place has never disappointed. I luv the table tea pitcher & ice bucket.Special Features:
- overall wonderfuldinerdasherDined on 8/24/2014Amberjax is great for dinner, overall wonderful experience with some of the best fish you've ever had; at a price. The beer and wine list is very nice. You will not regret going to AmberjacSpecial Features:
- REAL New Orleans foodWren207Dined on 8/24/2014We've tried every resturant that claims the title of real New Orleans food. This one is the BEST we've found. It's better than many resturants IN New Orleans! They have a full line of Abita beers, blue plate mayo (yum), leidenheiner bread for the po-boys and much more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lrobins52VIPDined on 8/22/2014Average food, distracted servers, and a Deafening Din--won't be back.
- 3amigos3amigosDined on 8/21/2014The food was pretty good but overpriced for quantity and quality. We arrived early but by the time we left, the noise level was deafening. Might go back for lunch some time, but not dinner.Special Features:
- AmberjaxMotusDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I greatly enjoyed the quality and taste of the food. My fried Jax platter tasted great and was not greasy. My wife's tuna tartare appetizer was simply outstanding. It was clear that the seafood was fresh. We both very much enjoyed our meal and will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent - great service and food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedBirthdayVIPDined on 8/16/2014First time here. Food was average, place is very loud, and could not enjoy keep the flies off our food.
- Delicious & Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent and we received wonderful service! Our servers (one was being trained) made great recommendations and paid us the perfect amount of attention. They were not around too much, but they made sure we never needed anything. The fish tacos and red fish poboy were fantastic! We also started with the cracker dippers and they were wonderful! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Very disappointed. Started coming here when they first opened and always enjoyed it until this trip. Out of nearly every special at 7:00pm. One at our table got one of the last specials only because the waitress excused herself to go to the kitchen to see if it was still available. She held last one for our table. She returned to finish order and then someone yelled that special was gone. Food was not to the standards we are used to.
- 3rd Round HereThrillhouse28Dined on 8/9/2014This place is really cool and the food is delish. They boast that they have seafood delivered twice daily and their menu is updated on chalkboards twice daily. They also have a permanent menu that is available year round. The space is always packed, and fun for people watching. That said, be prepared for the noise level. It can be tough to shout any part of a conversation.Special Features:
- Seafood meccamamakDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our visit to Amberjax. The food was exceptional and the vibe of the restaurant was great!
- Great seafood & sidesAlto12Dined on 8/6/2014Finding great seafood in Dallas is always a challenge. Amberjax is a great addition to the local scene. Both of our fish selections were well cooked & the sides were very good. We will be back.Special Features: