Amberjax at Trinity Groves
3011 Gulden Lane
Dallas, TX 75212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Amberjax at Trinity Groves
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.amberjax.net/
- Phone: (469) 513-9088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Larry Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Amberjax at Trinity Groves
At AmberJax Fish Market Grille, we bring our guests the best and freshest seafood from around the world – whether you’re eating at our table or yours. Make a quick stop in the market to find an array of centerplate proteins including the freshest fish, seafood, and prime beef, along with healthy, ready-to-heat soups, gumbos, stocks, sides, and sundries. If you don’t feel like cooking, Chef Larry will do it for you with all the freshness and variety of the market at his disposal. We serve his special brand of luxury comfort food in our full service dining room, with a full bar and wine list to complement your meal. Whether you’re on the run or ready to relax and dine, the AmberJax family invites you to visit us in our new home next to the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge at Trinity Groves.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amberjax at Trinity Groves reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (39)hot spot (38)good for groups (35)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014We really enjoyed the lunch... our waiter was great.. the noise was little loud but not unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Terrific wait-staff. Bartender was rude, but fortunately, the evening got better after we were seated. Food was good if a bit cold by the time it was served. Our waiter was fantastic and we had a fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodFourpatsDined on 11/14/2014The food was terrific. Started off with mussels (just ok, not dynamic), then had specials of the night (blue fish and Coho). The entrées and sides (green beans, grits) were all delicious. Had some reasonably priced good wine at suggestion of server, who seemed to know exactly what we wanted and delivered. Dessert was bread pudding and key lime pie. Both great. If I had any complaints about this meal it would be the price, but I guess that's seafood to some extent. Wouldn't hesitate to go back and order less for the table next time. At $200 for a couple I need to have my socks knocked slightly off, and they weren't, although I have no complaints. Lighting is not romantic in the least (neon glow) but atmosphere was good overall - just a normal fishmonger's atmosphere. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liberal Ladies Who LunchJAdamsDined on 11/13/2014We had a small group get together mid-week for lunch and decided to try someplace new. We were not disappointed at all. We each got something different (shrimp po boy, salmon tacos, shrimp and grits, fish specials from the board) and all were satisfied with our selections, in fact some were excellent. The service was exceptional and our server (Patrick) was very helpful. We had many questions about the seafood selections and he was able to answer every one of them. One of the ladies intends coming back with her boyfriend and wants to also pick up some seafood from the market to cook at home. We all agreed that we would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biggest seafood variety in DallaspickyeaterDined on 11/12/2014These guys know seafood and if you don't see something on the menu, they will cook your fish to order...like the seasoning of one fish but want that seasoning on another....DONE. These guys cater to the pickiest of eaters. Their crab cakes and cheesy grits are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrehicalibreDined on 11/11/2014This restaurant was definitely not up to my expectations. Food was mediocre and overpriced. Cool venue. It should have been better.Special Features:
- What a catch!MikeDined on 11/10/2014This place has the best seafood in Dallas! Try the gumbo - served Louisiana style. They have the freshest fish you will find anywhere! Amazing service….we have been blown away with each visit. Ask for Mason - he will treat you like family. Not your run of the mill seafood restaurant. This place is special!Special Features:
- Still the best in seafoodWiserolderDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed Amberjax on three previous occasions and was not disappointed on the fourth visit! Vibrant as ever with an excellent and well trained staff. A staff that more resembles a family than a "job", a dedication to the diners and a commitment to superb service. All of this emanates from the owners. The food is above and beyond. Amberjaxs has definitely surpassed Oceanaire and Ocean Prime.Special Features:
- fun and relaxinggratefulDined on 11/3/2014we had customers in from out of town and they loved the environmentSpecial Features:
- Seafood favoriteHeeseonVIPDined on 11/1/2014Been there several times now and have enjoyed every meal so far. The fish is always cooked perfectly - moist and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lobster Roll in Dallas!!!JIngram2Dined on 10/25/2014Make sure the Lobster Roll is on your list of food to order, if not, your just missing out on the Best Lobster in Dallas, overflowing from your Roll!! No shortage on the Portion!! Chef Larry is amazing, as is his Family, they make you feel like Family from the moment you walk in!!Special Features:
- Great CrabcakesbufordDined on 10/25/2014Everything else was just OK. Had the shrimp & grits and the blackened snapper. Grits were tasty but nothing special. Snapper done well and the sauce was tasty. Crab cake appetizer was best thing BY FAR!!! We had the sampler of a Maryland, a Texas and Hatch Chili. All were made with excellent crab and seasoned perfectly. Hatch Chili crab cake was heaven. Just the right amount of chili. Could eat a plate full right now.Special Features:
- Nice Seafood PlaceBGLTBVIPDined on 10/25/20141st time there. Great selections and service! Excellent specials that were fresh selections and prepared in unique ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Bla... Unfortunately:/Love2eatDined on 10/18/2014Love seafood and figured we'd give Amberjax a shot. Dinner for two. Ordered coconut shrimp (pretty good) a bowl of gumbo (ok). For our entre we ordered Shrimp and Grits, and Walnut crusted Mahi. Had Mack and cheese and some other sides I can't remember. Had 3 cocktails. Have to say the server was very friendly and attentive. He knew the menu very well. Sadly the food was just ok at best... Maybe we ordered the wrong items I don't know but for $150+ out the door I've have a waaaay better experience at many spots in Dallas for much much less:/
- great seafoodkdbensonVIPDined on 10/18/2014Fresh seafood and delicious! Good cocktails too, This is our favorite seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- Fresh Seafood in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014Amberjax is my new go to for seafood when in Dallas. Just across the Trinity River near downtown Dallas in Trinity Groves. Built in an enclave of about 6 restaurants, this is the star. Fresh seafood, cooked perfectly and accompanied by a list of fun fresh sides simply prepared. Can get a bit noisy but service is good and fish is always prepared just right. During one busy lunch time, the owner personally came by our table and brought each of us a bowl of gumbo to tide us over until our entrees arrived!Special Features:
- Amberjax in Trinity GrovesIamjimmorrisonDined on 10/17/2014Excellent seafood restaurant in the Trinty Groves restaurant incubator in West Dallas. Many board specials. Food was excellent, but a tad pricey. Do not recommend getting drinks there. Too pricey for value...Special Features:
- SurpriseByrdnationDined on 10/11/2014We were so happy it was so good we will go back and bring the rest of the family. Chris our waiter was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I was looking for a great restaurant to take a very close friend. I FB messaged his son that is working in Isreal. He recommended it to me. It is a really great place with a big selection. I really like how the trees were lit up with white lights and the Anarondak chairs for hanging out and having a drink. Loved it !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/2/2014Outstanding experience with one small drawback. Was very loud over lunch on a weekday, made conversation a bit difficult at times. That aside, great food and service, already looking forward to next time.Special Features:
- FISH FISH FISH + other good stuffOaklawn2VIPDined on 10/1/2014We took a friend out for dinner and had a wonderful time. Fresh oysters, great salads, delicious entrees and a yummy dessert to share. All this AND good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; very loud!DoryDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful fresh food and great service. But don't expect to have much of a conversation. It is loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bait and Switch Menu Item PricingCharliesAngelsDined on 9/27/2014I thought it was a bit of "Bait and Switch" to have items on your on-line menu that do not appear in the actual menu. For example, the Salmon with sea salt and pepper for $14.00 on the on-line menu is $24.00 when you get to the restaurant. Anyway, that part is a bit "FISHY," but the food was very good. Please update your on-line menu, so that you can be honest about your pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodHPMaxwellDined on 9/26/2014We really enjoyed our lunch at Amberjack. The food was delicious and portions were generous. Service was very professional. Noise level a little loud -- probably due to the concrete floors and full restaurant. Get there at 11:30 for lunch to beat the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2014Have eaten here several times. Food is ok, service is ok. Will not be returning.
- Amberjax continues......WoodgateDined on 9/25/2014The choices of fresh fish is endless - food is always cooked exactly right - service is great from the time you walk in the door until you leave. Today the hostess ran down the side of the building to make sure my lunch companion did not get lost looking for front door. Because of nice weather - the side walls were all open to let in the delicious fresh air. I will say it is filled with energetic noise during the busy part of the lunch hour. We lingered later to enjoy some of their delicious desserts - and it became quieter around 2 pm when the main crowd had dispersed - although there was still a crowd. My favorite restaurant in Trinity Grove!Special Features:
- Heavenly bread puddingYummyfoodDined on 9/21/2014I went with my sister and meuce for Sunday lunch . I had the watermelon, cucumber, arugula salad. Wow. Loved it. Followed by seared yellow fin tuna that melted in my mouth. Lastly...sister insisted I must have the bread pudding. Went to heaven and the Carmel sauce was the best ever. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amberjax pricey but worth itfropDined on 9/20/2014Amberjax was a bit pricey but the food was outstanding. Attentive and friendly service.Special Features:
- Near Hit!NolaeatsVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is not a bad place for seafood in Dallas. The variety is impressive but negatives include poor value in pricing, high priced cocktails, somewhat crowded and extremely noisy. As part of the Trinty Groves menu of restaurants it's a good fit.
- great service..good food..bad noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014The personable wait staff made the meal. The noise was so loud we couldn't wait to get out of there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHeeseonVIPDined on 9/19/2014Can't believe we waited this long to try this place. A great meal - better than a similar type restaurant/market in Highland Park that we've been going to. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday LunchDallasMattDined on 9/14/2014We lucked out with great weather and open doors for indoor/outdoor dining. Food and service were fantastic, as were the cocktails (never had a Vieux Carre before -- that was great!). Will have to try the desserts next time -- we walked down to Kate Weiser Chocolates to fulfill a promise to the kid.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedStoneDined on 9/13/2014The food was good at Amberjax, but the portions were a bit small and all items were overpriced. The slice of key lime pie was particularly small.
- My new go to spot for fishJeffDined on 9/6/2014Excellent fish selection which is then cooked perfectly. Fish market on site lets you take fresh fish home if you want to cook yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, energetic environmentFoodie365Dined on 9/6/2014This is a great place for seafood lovers! I love oysters, shrimp and fish. Amberjaxx has it all.Special Features:
- Good food and fun atmosphereMargieBDined on 9/6/2014We had a good dinner at Amberjax, The food was good and so were the cocktails. It has a fun, casual atmosphere. We will come back!
- Great Experience!!!InTheHoodDined on 9/6/2014We loved the menu, our wait person (Nikki) and the overall ambiance of the place. Lots of items to choose from. The owner came to talk to us and was full of personality and charm. The place is quite pricey, but worth it every once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerLovelocal214Dined on 9/5/2014Elliot's service was outstanding. The food was excellent-our whole party agreed! We like the location and the fish market inside. The one and only complaint would be the noise level. It is extremely loud. Hard to hear the person next to you let alone the person sitting across from you. Ok for groups but I would not reccomend for a quiet, intimate evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SaltyTstrickDined on 8/31/2014Ordered a side of green beans that I could not eat bc they were so salty. Realize the same green beans were in the salad I ordered. Left hungry
- Seafood loversOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014Food is cooked just right to enjoy the meal. Good service and the waiter was helpful in selecting a wine for us.Special Features: