Amberjax at Trinity Groves
3011 Gulden Lane
Dallas, TX 75212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Amberjax at Trinity Groves
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.amberjax.net/
- Phone: 4695139088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Larry Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Amberjax at Trinity Groves
At AmberJax Fish Market Grille, we bring our guests the best and freshest seafood from around the world – whether you’re eating at our table or yours. Make a quick stop in the market to find an array of centerplate proteins including the freshest fish, seafood, and prime beef, along with healthy, ready-to-heat soups, gumbos, stocks, sides, and sundries. If you don’t feel like cooking, Chef Larry will do it for you with all the freshness and variety of the market at his disposal. We serve his special brand of luxury comfort food in our full service dining room, with a full bar and wine list to complement your meal. Whether you’re on the run or ready to relax and dine, the AmberJax family invites you to visit us in our new home next to the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge at Trinity Groves.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amberjax at Trinity Groves reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (98)neighborhood gem (77)great for lunch (75)hot spot (69)good for groups (55)special occasion (40)great for outdoor dining (34)kid-friendly (27)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (10)scenic view (10)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent - great service and food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedBirthdayVIPDined on 8/16/2014First time here. Food was average, place is very loud, and could not enjoy keep the flies off our food.
- Delicious & Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent and we received wonderful service! Our servers (one was being trained) made great recommendations and paid us the perfect amount of attention. They were not around too much, but they made sure we never needed anything. The fish tacos and red fish poboy were fantastic! We also started with the cracker dippers and they were wonderful! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- 3rd Round HereThrillhouse28Dined on 8/9/2014This place is really cool and the food is delish. They boast that they have seafood delivered twice daily and their menu is updated on chalkboards twice daily. They also have a permanent menu that is available year round. The space is always packed, and fun for people watching. That said, be prepared for the noise level. It can be tough to shout any part of a conversation.Special Features:
- Seafood meccamamakDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our visit to Amberjax. The food was exceptional and the vibe of the restaurant was great!
- Great seafood & sidesAlto12Dined on 8/6/2014Finding great seafood in Dallas is always a challenge. Amberjax is a great addition to the local scene. Both of our fish selections were well cooked & the sides were very good. We will be back.Special Features:
- NICE!willbackDined on 8/2/2014The food selection was very good, wine was good; could have been placed in an ice bucket. The noise level in the small dining room was ok, but to be expected based on the open architecture. Overall we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surperior to a Tee!!!WiserolderDined on 8/2/2014I consider Amberjax to be the best seafood restaurant in Dallas (move over Oceanaire and Ocean Prime). From the hostess to the wait staff to the food......Hats Off!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkSusanVIPDined on 8/2/2014They were very unorganized. They kept bringing us other peoples food. It was very hit and flies were all over our food. They fad the doors open and no air conditioning on. The food tasted ok. I was not thrilled. Great location in the trinity grove.Special Features:
- Excellent!JM55Dined on 8/2/2014Great fresh seafood, appetizers and sides! Loved the "Hebe" wasn't on the menu or board so ask your waiter about the "secret" menu.Special Features:
- Overall a great spotCaymusDined on 8/1/2014Carl was our waiter and he was awesome! Everything we ordered hit the spot; oysters for an appetizer, trout, redfish, and seafood salad! All were items that were very much worthy of repeating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time....great foodVeryPickyDined on 7/31/2014The food is outstanding. My only complaint is the place is loud...they have 2 dining rooms, the smaller one is less noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014Food was good, service nice, but way to loud. Was having a lunch meeting and very hard to hear person next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood at AmberjaxLindaBDined on 7/26/2014I really enjoyed our dinner at Amberjax. A wide variety of seafood items, sides and desserts. Excellent selection of raw oysters. The shrimp scampi was delicious, plump shrimp over garlicky pasta! It is a very noisy restaurant so definitely not the spot for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014The service was great as the staff very attentive. The fresh food listed on the board was a great flair. We found our fresh seafood options to be very bland without much. However the étouffée was delicious as well as the collard greens. I do think the restaurant is worth a try!
- Too loud!AMMHDined on 7/22/2014The acoustics are terrible! My friend and I had to shout. Service very good, food good, I wish I had tried something fried, it looked great going past our table. My fish was just so-so, grits were delicious. Skip the bleh dessert and go for the appetizer dips!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We went to Amberjax for a birthday celebration at the suggestion of a friend. It was delicious! I am not a huge fish person, but everything was so fresh I found several wonderful food options. There were 4 in our party - everyone ordered something different and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- jvcxDined on 7/22/2014very good service and food....... concrete floors / hard walls..... makes noisy as it fills up!!Special Features:
- Fun family eveningGingerDined on 7/21/2014Second visit. Appetizers a big hit. Advertised spicy foods a really very bland. I.e. Shrimp and Jalapeño Grits no hint of spice, veggies way too aldente. Fresh fish is great. Desserts a big hit. We will come back often but you need to really define what spicy means to a Texan used to spice. Cook your spinach and broccoli a little more or call it raw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy!!!!LuvdininginNOLADined on 7/21/2014Great spot with good food, but it was WAAAY TOO Noisy! I was seated at a small table for two and I could hardly hear the person directly across from me. They need to figure out some way to buffer the noise so you can have a conversation without straining to hear what's being said. The waiter had a guest book and the person that signed before me wrote the same thing. I don't know if it is the high ceilings and concrete floors or just too many tables in a small area, but the noise level will keep me from making AmberJax a choice for lunch or dinner.
- Freshest Seafood in TownHappyTexanDined on 7/19/2014We were so incredibly impressed with Amberjax! The fact that they fly in the seafood twice a day - once for lunch service and then again for dinner - lets you know that they are committed to having the freshest seafood to serve you every time you go in. Their preparation was spot on. The only negative I had was the Red Beans & Rice side dish - which tasted almost sweet for some reason. Everything else, though, was perfect.Special Features:
- super servicelbinaDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our 34 Anniversary together. Our waitress Ana was wonderfully knowledgeable of all the menu specialties and was just plain interesting! She was just the "right amount" of attentive during our delicious meal. She also surprised us with a elegant plate of strawberries, ice-cream and her fancy flourished "Happy Aniversary" (special spelling!) message. A delightful experience. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but I would not go backtenoreprimoDined on 7/19/2014Ordered a Board special ceviche. It was more like gazpacho with a very little bit of seafood. At $15 one would expect more. Caesar salad was average at best. Cocktails were good but $2-$4 overpriced. The entrees were ok but nothing special plus being expensive. .We were rushed. Generally disappointing.Special Features:
- Wanted something newTGIF7Dined on 7/18/2014We went with another couple to try out Amberjax and really enjoyed our meal. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. She kept our table cear from clutter and our water glasses filled! The food was very good though the portion size was pretty small compared to the price. My favorite was the étouffée ! I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDiningoutDined on 7/18/2014We dined at Amberjax on Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The servers were attentive and the food was truly fabulous. We ate shrimp and grits, trout, lobster mac and cheese, and blackened red fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedEKayVIPDined on 7/18/2014Loved the food and they have great specials but thought the restaurant was a little overpriced for the neighborhood and for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive, fresh seafood menumpugh22Dined on 7/17/2014My wife and I visited here for our 10th anniversary. It didn't disappoint. First of all, the Trinity Groves area is a lot of fun. Big time buzz. Lots of cool options for dinner. We were seated quickly and kindly. Our waiter was quite attentive and helpful. The food was great. I had a nice trout and my wife enjoyed blackened Amberjack. Both were nicely done. The jalepeno grits and red beans and rice were both great as well. Crab cakes for an appetizer were superb. And so was dessert - bread pudding. The bill was a little steep, however. We couldn't afford to come here often. But we did very much enjoy it, and we'll be back to Trinity Groves to try the other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishFoodie365Dined on 7/16/2014A lot of food choices and something for almost everyone.Special Features:
- Great foodJulieDined on 7/16/2014As always, the food was great! Our server was attentive and we enjoyed our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trinity Groves Hot SpotlalalandDined on 7/16/2014Lunch at Amberjax at Trinity Groves is great! I recommend making a reservation for lunch the place can draw a good lunch time crowd. On this visit I had shrimp creole as a starter and fish tacos for my meal, both were well seasoned and delicious. My friend tried the shrimp & grits and she loved the flavor but felt it was a bit overpriced at $17 for the bowl during lunch. Our waiter was attentive and playful and kept calling us 'lasses' in a just for fun Irish brogue. We will definitely be back to try some other dishes or maybe to make a purchase from their seafood market.Special Features:
- Great Seafood at Trinity GrovesBonViveurVIPDined on 7/12/2014Trinity Groves is a new multi-restaurant complex at the West end of the new, iconic, Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. Amberjax has all kinds of fresh seafood flown in twice daily, including a great selection of fresh oysters. We had the Grilled Sea Bass and the Grilled Swordfish, each with two sides, all of which we're very good (try the jalapeño grits!). Highly recommended as one of the better informal seafood options in the Dallas area. Be aware that it is noisy, but that was part of the fun and ambiance. We'll certainly be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTHoneyDined on 7/12/2014Quality of food and service could not be better. Too noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAME HUNGRY LEFT HUNGRYkesslerdinerDined on 7/12/20143 out of 4 ordered the "diver scallops". There was no bread, rolls or anything served before the meal. There were no salads included with the meals. We received 3 VERY SMALL quarter sized scallops as the main entree. Mine had no carmelization and were so under cooked they were chewy. The cheese jalapeno grits were delicious, but we were practically licking the tiny bowl looking for more. The fresh spinach had been boiled in hot water, NOT DRAINED before being put on my plate and barely sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Aside from being very bitter and flavorless, the water from the undrained spinach was all over my plate. NOT WORTH $30! We all left HUNGRY and very disappointed regarding the poor value and food quality of this restaurant.
- MadgeDined on 7/12/2014The food was good but not 5 star quality. The fish was delicious and came to the table hot. The sides were mediocre. The jalapeno grits were lumpy and I could not even tell there was jalapeno in them. The green beans were mostly peppers. The waiters were attentive and polite.Special Features:
- Server with Straw HatVeryPickyDined on 7/11/2014I'm sorry I don't remember his name, because he was the best. Look for him. So informative, welcoming, and makes you feel like it's his place and he's proud of it. Then to top it off the food was fantastic. The fish is well prepared and of high quality...even the collard greens were great...I normally won't eat them!Special Features:
- Great lunch!HollyVIPDined on 7/8/2014I will be back! I went for lunch on a Tuesday and I actually parked in the parking lot!! Besides finding parking the restaurant was amazing. Lots of choices of fresh fish flown in that day! Service was great! My only complaint was there was way too much garlic on the green beans......can't eat something like that and return to work! I'll also be back for fresh fish at the market. I felt like the prices were very good for that quality of fish!Special Features:
- Great new place!ArlingtonDiner68Dined on 7/6/2014We went there on the recommendation of our friends in Dallas, as we live in Arlington. It was a short easy drive, with excellent parking. Our server was a delightful young lady who was very well-informed on the menu. There were 7 of us and each of us had a fabulous dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best NOLA Seafood in DFWeatsoutDined on 7/4/2014If you're looking for a crawfish po-boy or sazarac, but don't want to drive to New Orleans and back, check out Amberjax. They serve the best non-sushi fish in the area. One thing that might not be obvious: you can take Amberjax fish home and cook for yourself. Their fish beats most of the deli seafood counters in town. If the seafood isn't enough to make you yearn for the Big Easy, the cocktails will. The service has always been gracious. Energetic, doesn't exactly describe the ambiance -- it's loud and exhuberant. The tables are so close together that the wait staff practically have to climb over the patrons.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in new arealetseatoutDined on 7/3/2014Looked forward to going to hot new area Trinity Groves. Lots of energy in the area. Food was good - many choices -- and services excellentSpecial Features:
- Great food & service but loud!tschifDined on 7/1/2014Even on a Tuesday night with only half the restaurant full my husband and I had to almost yell across our table. Food and service was amazing though.