Amber West Village
135 Christopher Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Amber West Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ambergroupnyc.com/amberwestvillage/
- Phone: 2124775880
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery
A word from Amber West Village
At Amber Restaurant, we turn the art of eating, whether by yourself or with a group of friends into an experience which will never be forgotten. The decor, the friendly staff together with the fusion of Asian cuisine is what makes us unique. For your dining pleasure our chefs offer a deliciously unique cuisine, combining the bold flavors of Asia with delicate French essences, our menu features the jighest quality ingredients served family style, and the results are magical.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amber West Village reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Horrible Service, Mediocre FoodTantanbourineDined on 8/18/2014Food: Low quality fish, dry rice. Host: Bored, unengaged, didn't speak to us, leaned on the bar and clicked through channels on the tv. Manager: Unreasonable, unapologetic, rude, no interest in customer service, had to ask to speak to her twice before she decided to show her face. Server: Friendly, only positive thing about this experience. He seemed overworked and better than the restaurant.
- Clean, fast, friendlyAlexVIPDined on 7/10/2014Amber's West Village location is the perfect modestly priced neighborhood sushi restaurant. The fish is always fresh, and while the sashimi is a bit pricey, it's worth the quality and the consistency. The happy hour cocktail special is fun (frozen), the wait staff is attentive and polite, and the appetizers and salads are good sized portions. We will continue ordering from and dining here as always.Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Amber West Village reviews archive.
- Good Asian FoodJanDVIPDined on 4/9/2014the food is just as good; the service fine and the place relatively quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun findebolazaireDined on 11/21/2013Didn't know what to expect from this place but it didn't disappoint. Reasonably priced saki and decent fare. For a sushi spot it was strange to have an French music playing in the background. Service was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateformerrestauranteurDined on 9/28/2013The food here was unexciting but well prepared. Disappointed with chef's "special" selection of sushi and sashimi which was mostly pedestrian tuna, salmon, fluke and even crab stick. I would have expected those items in a normal sushi or sashimi dinner, but these were supposed to be the chef's picks of the day. Appetizers provided more interesting preparations including stuffed buns with pork belly (or duck), tasty ribs and duck spring rolls. Service was prompt and efficient. We did experience some increased noise levels sitting between a crying baby and a table of 8 of a single gender.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent sushi for the price.JenniferDVIPDined on 7/6/2013Decent sushi for the price. Good frozen drink special !Special Features: