13 North Cass Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ambercafe.net/
- Phone: 6305158080
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday 4:30pm - 10pm
Friday and Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Sikkelerus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Events or Off-Site Catering available
- Private Party Facilities: The perfect place for showers, corporate meetings and cocktail parties, the space offers both private and semi private spaces in a variety of areas depending on the needs of your group.
A word from Amber Café
As Westmont’s hidden treasure since 2004, Amber Cafe offers a variety of inventive American dishes that are presented with the highest quality service. Honored with the Doings Readers Choice awards for favorite “Outdoor Café” and most “Romantic Restaurant”. Conveniently located steps from the Metra station, diners experience urban fine dining in a warm, relaxed village setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Amber Café - Best Restaurants in Westmont ›
Amber Café reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)great for outdoor dining (33)romantic (32)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (11)notable wine list (10)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best Filets aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We enjoy everything about this restaurant, and are repeat customers. We chose it Saturday night because it was a beautiful summer evening and we wanted to eat outdoors. Obviously others felt similarly as we were surprised when we arrived that the indoor part was not filled at 8 PM, but our table was the only one available out of doors. They've decorated the area nicely and the ambiance is great -- except when a freight train passes through town. Definitely will be returning. This time we chose the stuffed peppers as appetizer and yum, it was great. Overall an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Had the scallops. The meal was amazing. Service was great. We sat outside and it was beautiful. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not "American".OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/25/2014This place describes it's food as "Contemporary American", but I don't think I saw a single menu item that wasn't classic Italian. It's disappointing, because the western suburbs are littered with Italian restaurants. I was hopeful this would be a good option for days when I wanted something else. Unfortunately it is not. Yet another Italian restaurant. What's a guy to do to find a good contemporary American joint? Very lovely courtyard, great outdoor seating, and the service was good. But, a note to the waiters. When a guest asks for recommendations, PLEASE do not just list off the most expensive options in each category. It's tacky.
- Our favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014We have been to Amber numerous times since its opening 10 years ago, and the warm and welcoming ambience and the menu with tried and true items and new items only gets better and better. The food is always fresh and fabulous and the servers and owner very friendly and accommodating. Amber and its "sister restaurant", Topaz, in Burr Ridge are our number one places to go to enjoy the company of friends and family and some of the best fare in the western suburbs.Special Features:
- caeser saladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Everything we had was excellent. Except..... A Chef should never ever put " pizza cheese" on an otherwise excellent caeser salad. Pizza Hut yes. Nice restaurant absolutely never. I feel embarrassed for him. The service was great. Overall I would come back again and recommend everything except. .....you guessed it the caeser salad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewtoStLouisVIPDined on 7/8/2014Last minute dinner plans mid week with my sister. Great evening. I had the Tilapia special - best fish I have had in a long time. Fresh, large portion, seasoned perfectly. Wines are affordable, possibly could be more extensive but decent variety. Definitely will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- 86 the churizo!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Food was good but overpriced for value. Scallops with churizo sausage was a terrible combination. 86 the sausage and it would have been a god dinner entre.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014One of the best meals we've enjoyed in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner1Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and very comfortable atmosphere. Service was courteous and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014Great menu. Appropriate seasonal changes to keep things interesting. Terrific price/value.Special Features:
- Always reliable, always top-notchSusanBKVIPDined on 6/19/2014I've been to Amber many times and it's always a sure bet for a great dinner and fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary at Amber. It was a quiet weekday night. We were served with just the right amount of love and attention, including a delightful dessert. Filet and pork tenderloin were just right. May the honeymoon never end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely patio, great food & servicemamatubsVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had dinner on the patio on a lovely summer evening. The food was great. I really liked the spiced vanilla poached pear salad and the veal tenderloins were exceptional. The service was very Excellent. So glad to have found this place and intend to return often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food was very good and reasonably priced. Service staff was very warm, friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great specialslisaleeVIPDined on 6/13/2014Had the daily special which was a risotto with short rib, Baby Bella mushroom and spinach topped with reggiano Parmesan and truffle oil, delicious. Portion size was enought for me to be satisfied and gave a bit for lunch the next day or later that evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewHoosierDinerVIPDined on 6/12/2014My wife and I chose our first visit to Amber Café to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The service was very attentive, the wine list superb, crab cakes and Caesar salad excellent. My veal tenderloin was indeed tender, flavorful and well-presented with potato and vegetable combinations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amber still makes the cut!attorneyfoodieDined on 5/31/2014Halibut special was fantastic. White fish was also good. Wait staff is second to none. If you like attention and a knowledgeable wait staff, Amber should be on your rotation. Sat outdoors on a good weather night--since near the train tracks our conversation is interrupted at times--otherwise pleasant.. For those in western suburbs, you do not need to fight the traffic downtown to have a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection !blkwht1VIPDined on 5/31/2014Had one of the BEST meals we've ever had here ! We dined on the fish special & pork tenderloin - both were superb ! Our dining experience was enhanced further by Lindsey our favorite server who is a true gem - friendly, knowledgeable, and a true pro.Special Features:
- Great food, service & ambiance poorAmberDined on 5/24/2014I went with a group of 5 people. When we walked in the decor and ambiance looked so cute. After we checked in the hostess took us to the back of the restaurant that wasn't as nice. There was minimal decor, exposed wires and wholes in the wall. The lights above our head would keep flickering which was beyond annoying. Really wish we were able to stay in front. They sat us next to the patio door which was also a distraction. Our server started off as attentive, but as time progressed she lost interest and was ready to go home. She also was on her cellphone out in the dining room for an extended period of time. On the plus side the food and presentation was wonderful! I might return again but Would definitely need to sit in front.Special Features:
- consistently greatfrenchyVIPDined on 5/24/2014We went to Amber for dinner the other night. It's probably the 10th time we have been there and the service is amazingly good all the time. We sat in the outside seating which is always nice now that the weather is warm The staff was friendly and helpful as always. The also do a great job with our 9 year old daughter. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Entire experience was really great! Food was excellent! Server made wonderful recommendations. Scallops, whitefish and breadpudding were delicious! Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We always enjoy Amber Cafe because it is upscale without being pretentious or stuffy. Although it is fit for a special occasion (and the Mother's Day brunch food was really outstanding), we don't limit our visits to "special" times. The bar area in the back and the outside dining make it an easy environment any day of the week!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotViolaladyVIPDined on 5/11/2014We want for Mothers Day and were a little surprised to find a buffet brunch only. However, food was very good though choices were limited. Everything freshly prepared and buffet was refilled constantly during our visit. If you sit in the back make sure you know there are several stairs leading to the space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Beautiful presentation. Rack of lamb done to perfection. Veal was outstanding. Garden dining added to the pleasure. Service was unhurried and paced well. This restaurant serves well for quiet dining for two or for small groups. A nice local find for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great.jayjay13Dined on 5/10/2014Nice place, quality fresh foods and good wine list. Whitefish was excellent.Special Features:
- The following 418 reviews are from the Amber Café reviews archive.
- Always GreatRhoneRangerDined on 5/1/2014I and three friends had a casual dinner at Amber Café. The food was great as it always is. Our server was new and struggled a bit. We always enjoy dining in the back of the restaurant at a table or at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another GemLisaLaDiDaVIPDined on 4/30/2014Go there often. Food and service are always exceptional. We usually only get fish at fish restaurants, but theirs is consistently excellent. At a minimum, get the scallop appetizer. Remember, save room for Gelato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/29/2014My wife and I enjoyed a special night out for our 25th Anniversary. My task was to find a romantic restaurant for a special occasion that wasn't a chain, that we had never been to. Amber scored on all fronts. It was a Tuesday night, so the dining room was nearly deserted. The wait staff did a wonderful job. The service was always present without being overbearing, the waiter was informative and helpful. All in all, it will be one of our "go-to" places for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Special OccasionDeenDined on 4/19/2014I made open table reservations for our anniversary. The food and service were great. At the end of the meal the waiter brought out a desert and limoncello to celebrate our anniversary. Nice touch. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add Another Spot to the Go-To ListOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I went with my wife and daughter to celebrate their birthdays. We wanted to see if it would be worth adding to our list of Go To restaurants ... and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff treated us like old friends. The dining room was crowded (and noisy) so we were seated in their covered outdoor area, which was quieter and very pleasant. The server was friendly and knowledgeable and service was quick enough. Our entrees included the daily risotto, bacon wrapped meatloaf and blue cheese crusted filet - all of which were very fresh and well prepared. The topper was the desserts brought for my wife and daughter -very fresh carrot cake and brownie al a mode - free of charge for their birthday. We'll be back now that it's on our Go To list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFuzzballVIPDined on 4/11/2014The poached pear salad was fabulous. Gnocchi in broth was very good. Everything we had was good. The service was a little slow. I think the restaurant was understaffed and wait staff was taking care of the outside more than the inside.Special Features:
- Nicetwin2momDined on 3/29/2014Small place but very nice. Food excellent service good. Not sure what was in the back of restaurant someone said bar but never ventured over would go back a bit pricySpecial Features:
- Great quality in the neighborhoodDogMomTravelVIPDined on 3/27/2014Amber had been recommended by many people and we finally gave it a try. It's a very small restaurant and on a weeknight not very crowded which unfortunately turned into very slow service, but the food was wonderful. This is a great restaurant to meet friends at, have a special occasion dinner, or just a convenient location for a nice meal. The chicken dish was very good and the sorbets were wonderful. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/22/2014Amber is our favorite goto restaurant, the food is always impeccable, but it's the wonderful service that keeps us coming back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fabulousDaisyoDined on 2/28/2014We are always looking for great food and service. We have found a new place to go. Everything was so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding dinnerSusanBKVIPDined on 2/19/2014My husband and I dined here recently for our anniversary. We've been here before and have always had great service and food. I mentioned on my Open Table reservation that it was our anniversary, and the waitstaff later gave us a free dessert. It was a great ending to a fabulous dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, flavorful cuisinecharboneDined on 2/15/2014The restaurant is very cozy and has a welcoming atmosphere. Both the lamb chops that I ordered and the surf and turf that my husband ordered were cooked to perfection. The sauces were delicious and the sides were an excellent compliment to the main courses. Our grilled calamari appetizer was the best I've ever eaten, and I've ordered it in many restaurants. Our waiter was fabulous! The hostess even sang "Happy Birthday" to the table next to us and has a beautiful voice! I may have to come back on MY birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, service and food!jimbDined on 2/14/2014Quality fine dining, great service. We will return.Special Features:
- Not the best first impressionThePreferredClientDined on 2/13/2014Had requested a quiet table via open table. Unfortunately, none were available as the dining room was very energetic. We were seated in the rear by the bar. Although this room was quieter, we were seated next to a repeat customer that was quite loud and swearing throughout the meal. The Lake Superior Whitefish was overcooked and had to be sent back. Caesar salad was deconstructed, and could use more dressing. Ravioli was excellent. Bartender, who was our server, struggled with the daily specials and ultimately gave us the check for the loud gentleman next to us. Easily corrected. Maybe it just wasn't our evening. We were disappointed as we have heard many good things about this restaurant.
- Exceptional food and service!luv2eatDined on 2/13/2014We had guests in from Washington State and took them to Amber for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meals so much. Our friends could not believe how delicious the salmon and halibut dishes were- what a compliment from people who live on the coast and eat fresh fish several times a week! Service was outstanding as usual- Fabian offered us great advice on both wine and meal selections, and our water glasses were refilled often, without asking, which is very important to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.