500 Hartz Ave.
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amberbistro.com/
- Phone: (925) 552-5238
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 am 2:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sunday 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Geraldo Gomez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for more information about catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Amber is available for buyouts of the entire restaurant. We accommodate up to 70 guests for seated events and up to 100 guests for reception style events.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Janssen 9255525238x
- Special Events: Amber Bistro hosts Gorgeous Events and Holiday Celebrations!
Amber Bistro has gained a reputation over the years for making beautiful holiday memories; it is simply the perfect place to celebrate. Special menus available for New Years Eve, Mother's Day, Easter and more!
A word from Amber Bistro
Amber Bistro combines California and Southeast Asian sensibilities to create an eclectic blend of fresh and exciting flavors. Earthy hues, dark wood, warm lighting and a wall of windows create a relaxed and inviting backdrop for your meal. Amber’s contemporary black granite bar and hanging modern art add metropolitan chic to the room. The result is a sleekly casual and sophisticated look. For city quality dining in Danville, locals head to this intimate neighborhood bistro where they are assured of impeccable and knowledgeable service. Amber seats 70, has a full bar and offers complementary valet parking Tuesday through Saturday during dinner hours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amber Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (21)great for lunch (18)good for groups (13)special occasion (13)romantic (10)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best Food in Bay Area!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014Food here is unmatched for the price especially. Bridges is next door and it is way overpriced, too loud, and not that good, it's too crowded and the tables are old and wobbly. Not so at Amber Bistro! Food is top notch, if you want peace and quiet, sit outside. Prices are VERY reasonable considering the quality. Tables and layout is comfortable. I go back over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise overrides everythingidellaDined on 11/14/2014The delicious salad, lamb and risotto are terrific....but the noise was outrageously loud and will discourage us for returning in the evening. Maybe better for lunch or outside? We had a theatre coupon for 15% off for four of us, but our waiter put the discount on just one check. This made it awkward for the two couples to divide. We would appreciate having the whole bill split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic EveningAslongasitisDined on 11/14/2014We were promptly seated, presented with the menu and drink order taken with professionalism. The waitress efficiently took our order when she returned with our wine and approved of our choices. Our duck appetizer was a great addition to the baby greens/persimmon salad accompanying the main duck breast course. We love duck especially cooked as nicely as this was. One doesn't find good duck that often on menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementEnjoysgoodfoodVIPDined on 11/7/2014The menu continues to be limited and this is not the first time that a part of the food on the plate was tepid. Staff needs to learn to check back after the first few bites to ensure that meal is correct and satisfactory. Unfortunately this seems to be a trend in many of Danville's nicer restaurants. We will eat there again, but as the title of this note implies, there is room for improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchspeeder43Dined on 10/27/2014My friends had never eaten at Amber before, and they are picky (in a good way...). One owns a winery - the other just loves wine - and they both love good food. I chose Amber for lunch and on the way out, they both said (almost in unison) "great choice". I knew it was....Special Features:
- High Quality BistrogtotangoDined on 10/18/2014This downtown Danville fixture serves well-executed typical bistro fare with an extensive wine list and good bar. The service is top notch. Prices are average for the type of restaurant in the Danville area. If you are looking for a quiet spot for a romantic dinner, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICE - intelligent and valuableJaySevenVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have thought for some time that service in the restaurant business is near death but at Amber, the service is top notch...from drinks to entrees, Amber knows the value of their customer. Try it, you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining ExperiencejanicehVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had a very, very nice dining experience at Amber Bistro. We were able to eat outside and it was delightful - very nice weather and lovely setting. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. Every entree was perfect - the hamburgers, the salmon, the beef ribs and the tuna - were all exclaimed to be delicious. Our server was great, he let us take our time ordering and also let us enjoy our meals by not rushing us. I HIGHLY recommend Amber Bistro for a very pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Place!madabouttownVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. It's comfortable, friendly and I never had a bad meal. My boyfriend thinks their pork chop is the best and I love their halibut with the wasabi noodles. They used to have a unique cheesecake that was light and delicious, but it went away and I am hoping they bring it back!Special Features:
- Sylvia HemmerichConnoisseurVIPDined on 9/26/2014We've never had a mediocre experience @ Amber Bistro. They do an excellent job with their entrees as well as service. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great, but not badOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014Pretty middle of the road. Looks like they took a couple ideas from a bunch of local restaurants and made it their own. Nothing original.
- First Time for Lunchjvmartin0707VIPDined on 9/23/2014This was my first time to Amber Bistro, and it very enjoyable. Both my friend and I had the soup, sandwich, salad combo, and it was just the right size and very tasty. The vegetarian sandwich tasted fresh, as did the salad and soup. Since we ate outside, I can't speak for the inside ambiance. But, it was definitely nice to sit outside and enjoy the last warm days of fall. The service was excellent....bordering on outstanding! I will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2014Absolutely love the lunch trio. Great value for the delicious food that is offered up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodshlomerDined on 9/20/2014Food was tasty. A tad slow. We weren't looking for a long dinner for 2, but it took longer than 1:45.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchAlbqDined on 9/18/2014My friend took me out to lunch to celebrate my birthday!! She had never been to Amber Bistro and it had been awhile since I had been!! The service was great. My friend had the chicken salad, made with curry, she said different but good. I had the Thai salmon which was done just perfectly!! Will go back soon!!Special Features:
- Great food, bizarre serviceSpecialDeliveryDined on 9/6/2014We dined here with two friends in celebration of my wife's birthday. None of the 4 of us had been here before. Without exception, our food and drinks were excellent. Two had fish (halibut and salmon), one had the duck, and I had the lamb chops which were on special. The tuna appetizer was especially good. The only downside to the experience was the strangely paced service, particularly when our server delivered the desert menus then proceeded to walk to any area in the parking lot of an adjacent restaurant to smoke a cigarette and have a drink. He didn't return to take desert orders for another 10 minutes. There were other awkward moments in the service prior to this but this was blatantly unprofessional.Special Features:
- LisaKDined on 9/5/2014Food is great, but it gets noisy with a full dining room. Hard to hear the table conversation.Special Features:
- OUCHroofer2Dined on 8/29/2014I have been to Amber 6-7 times. Was again seated in front of wine display. The restaurant was over the top loud. Ordered the Pre Fix dinner with the wine pairing for myself. Capresse Salad was an ordinary chopped lettuce salad with a couple of tomato slices and the rest was halved cherry tomatoes with a few cubes of mozzarella that tasted more like tofu. The Server forgot the wine. When the entrees arrived she offered to bring both glasses of wine at the same time. I guess that is all she could really do. My two guest loved their meals. Mine was fine not great. You need to do something about the noise level. I will return for dinner but not on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualiamfinickyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Amber Bistro is one of our go-to restaurants in Danville so the food and service was great as always. We went on a Wednesday night so the noise level was lower than usual which made for a relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent dinner. We've eaten here several times and enjoy it every time.Special Features:
- SupermanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Not great. We ordered the steak which was overcooked that was under spinach with no seasoning and French fries. It was something I could have cooked at home. The service was not great either. We had our appetizer before the wine came. Not much of a bistro.
- better service better fooddisappointedVIPDined on 8/15/2014new menu items are very tasty, service seems to be getting better!
- NancyDined on 8/14/2014Have dined at Amber Bistro many times and never disappointed.Special Features:
- sharonDined on 7/25/2014Organic salad was terrible. The duck entree was pretty good after I send it back to be fully cooked.Special Features:
- bistro delightmangezbien3VIPDined on 7/25/2014Hsad a great time and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The wine was very good except a bit pricey for a quarter glass.Special Features:
- The following 602 reviews are from the Amber Bistro reviews archive.
- Great MealJeffHalbeDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I always have a great meal at reasonable prices for such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014have spent many return visits to this restaurant, one's dinning experience is generally good, however, not consistent staff is excellent, happy hour is hot spotSpecial Features:
- Good lunch atmosphere and menuRenaDined on 7/15/2014I have eaten here several times for lunch. Nice atmosphere (except there are always bees out side) but they have nice choices for lunch and the prices are reasonable. Great, attentive serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- No spark in the saladsHammersVIPDined on 7/3/2014My friend and I ordered the Chinese chicken salad. The chicken was freshly cooked and the lettuce crisp, but it was bland. When I added a little extra dressing, it was better, but aside from the fried wonton strips, there was nothing else added to the chicken and lettuce. The banana bread pudding with salted caramel gelato was extraordinarily good.Special Features:
- Drinks & NibblesKiwiGirl2014Dined on 7/2/2014I found Amber Bistro to be quite good with their service, lovely surroundings, innovative menu offerings, but could stand a broader wine offering. When you can't find a white Zin these days, they are lacking some basics. Would go again and meet friends there. Disappointing pork salad- overcooked and very tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweettoothDined on 6/26/2014Service was great! I cannot complain. The food is okay but can be improved. I wish to see more Asian fusion though. My request was very well given attention too and waiter did. Attend to all details! I will recommend this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Too many kids on a Friday night ~ we were hoping for more of an adult night out. The couple next to us had a baby that screamed the entire dinner ~ was very distracting making it hard to focus on our dinner. I hadn't been there in years and it was way more casual than I had remembered.Special Features:
- Good Food, Small PortionsmamabearDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband here for Father's Day Brunch, and while the food was quite good, the portions were rather small, especially the brioche French Toast which he ordered (three small pieces). We split the Eggs Monterery (2 eggs benedict over tasty crab crakes) along with the French Toast; it should have been enough food between us, but I could tell he wasn't full and I could have had a few more bites myself, which never happens! Service was a little slow, surprising as they weren't that busy. Their outdoor patio tables are dog friendly, and on a nice day it would be a lovely option.Special Features:
- Comprehensive dining experienceVinoRossoDined on 6/15/2014Menu, food, cocktails and wine never disappoint and never stagnant, i.e, the menu changes according to popular dishes, season, produce, etc. Dining ambience excellent whether indoor or patio as is the service. A definite destination for casual or fancy attire and events. Appreciate the service delivery system at Amber. No attitude or "doing a favor" to customers. After you say "Thank you" to the food server or bartender, they respond with "You're welcome" or "My pleasure" and NOT "No problem" (as experienced in many eateries here in Danville and Blackhawk). Always a pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- Very Good Food, In/Out DiningTheStarLadyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Amber Bistro is nestled on the same sweet side street as Bridges.The cuisine is a creative mélange of East meets West. Portions are substantial, prices competitive, and the service is excellent. Four of us shared two appetizer small plates of shrimp potstickers and duck spring rolls. Both were delicious with a homemade tenderness. Depending on what you order, two small plates may be enough for a full meal. The tuna tartare was fresh and large, but a bit overpowered with tomatoes. Duck breast, halibut, and chicken were all perfectly prepared and presented. The flourless warm chocolate cake with fresh whipped cream was a big hit. This is a very excellent local gem and it’s nice to have the option of sitting outside.Special Features:
- Tinker Tailor Soldier SpyTinkerTailorSoldierSpyDined on 6/14/2014Good Food, atmosphere, and service. Great place for dinner with friends or an intimate dinner with your spouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheNiDined on 6/14/2014Great experience. Exactly what I reserved. Service was attentive without being intrusive or rushed. Balance menu...something for everyone. focuses on fresh local ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPeteVIPDined on 6/13/2014Busy area with Bridges and other places but free valet is the way to go. Prawn pot stickers were delicious as was the Caesar salad. Duck was delicious and deserts were a great way to finish. Outdoor seating looks great if you can get a seat. Wait staff attentive and helpful. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly in declineTommyboyVIPDined on 6/12/2014This has been our go to Restaurant for some time. I am wondering if the ownership/ management or chef has changed. The food was not prepared well at all. Even our favorite coconut salmon appetizer was overdone. We will not be returningSpecial Features:
- shigyDined on 6/7/2014Food was great! The service was wonderful. Will come back again.Special Features: