500 Hartz Ave.
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amberbistro.com/
- Phone: 9255525238x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 5:00 -8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Geraldo Gomez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for more information about catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Amber is available for buyouts of the entire restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Janssen 9255525238x
- Special Events: Amber Bistro hosts Gorgeous Events and Holiday Celebrations!
Amber Bistro has gained a reputation over the years for making beautiful holiday memories; it is simply the perfect place to celebrate. Special menus available for New Years Eve, Mother's Day, Easter and more!
A word from Amber Bistro
Amber Bistro combines California and Southeast Asian sensibilities to create an eclectic blend of fresh and exciting flavors. Earthy hues, dark wood, warm lighting and a wall of windows create a relaxed and inviting backdrop for your meal. Amber’s contemporary black granite bar and hanging modern art add metropolitan chic to the room. The result is a sleekly casual and sophisticated look. For city quality dining in Danville, locals head to this intimate neighborhood bistro where they are assured of impeccable and knowledgeable service. Amber seats 70, has a full bar and offers complementary valet parking Tuesday through Saturday during dinner hours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amber Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)great for outdoor dining (29)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (25)special occasion (16)good for groups (15)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (7)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great as usualiamfinickyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Amber Bistro is one of our go-to restaurants in Danville so the food and service was great as always. We went on a Wednesday night so the noise level was lower than usual which made for a relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent dinner. We've eaten here several times and enjoy it every time.Special Features:
- SupermanDined on 8/16/2014Not great. We ordered the steak which was overcooked that was under spinach with no seasoning and French fries. It was something I could have cooked at home. The service was not great either. We had our appetizer before the wine came. Not much of a bistro.
- better service better fooddisappointedVIPDined on 8/15/2014new menu items are very tasty, service seems to be getting better!
- NancyDined on 8/14/2014Have dined at Amber Bistro many times and never disappointed.Special Features:
- sharonDined on 7/25/2014Organic salad was terrible. The duck entree was pretty good after I send it back to be fully cooked.Special Features:
- bistro delightmangezbien3VIPDined on 7/25/2014Hsad a great time and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The wine was very good except a bit pricey for a quarter glass.Special Features:
- Great MealJeffHalbeDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I always have a great meal at reasonable prices for such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014have spent many return visits to this restaurant, one's dinning experience is generally good, however, not consistent staff is excellent, happy hour is hot spotSpecial Features:
- Good lunch atmosphere and menuRenaDined on 7/15/2014I have eaten here several times for lunch. Nice atmosphere (except there are always bees out side) but they have nice choices for lunch and the prices are reasonable. Great, attentive serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- No spark in the saladsHammersVIPDined on 7/3/2014My friend and I ordered the Chinese chicken salad. The chicken was freshly cooked and the lettuce crisp, but it was bland. When I added a little extra dressing, it was better, but aside from the fried wonton strips, there was nothing else added to the chicken and lettuce. The banana bread pudding with salted caramel gelato was extraordinarily good.Special Features:
- Drinks & NibblesKiwiGirl2014Dined on 7/2/2014I found Amber Bistro to be quite good with their service, lovely surroundings, innovative menu offerings, but could stand a broader wine offering. When you can't find a white Zin these days, they are lacking some basics. Would go again and meet friends there. Disappointing pork salad- overcooked and very tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweettoothDined on 6/26/2014Service was great! I cannot complain. The food is okay but can be improved. I wish to see more Asian fusion though. My request was very well given attention too and waiter did. Attend to all details! I will recommend this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Too many kids on a Friday night ~ we were hoping for more of an adult night out. The couple next to us had a baby that screamed the entire dinner ~ was very distracting making it hard to focus on our dinner. I hadn't been there in years and it was way more casual than I had remembered.Special Features:
- Good Food, Small PortionsmamabearDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband here for Father's Day Brunch, and while the food was quite good, the portions were rather small, especially the brioche French Toast which he ordered (three small pieces). We split the Eggs Monterery (2 eggs benedict over tasty crab crakes) along with the French Toast; it should have been enough food between us, but I could tell he wasn't full and I could have had a few more bites myself, which never happens! Service was a little slow, surprising as they weren't that busy. Their outdoor patio tables are dog friendly, and on a nice day it would be a lovely option.Special Features:
- Comprehensive dining experienceVinoRossoDined on 6/15/2014Menu, food, cocktails and wine never disappoint and never stagnant, i.e, the menu changes according to popular dishes, season, produce, etc. Dining ambience excellent whether indoor or patio as is the service. A definite destination for casual or fancy attire and events. Appreciate the service delivery system at Amber. No attitude or "doing a favor" to customers. After you say "Thank you" to the food server or bartender, they respond with "You're welcome" or "My pleasure" and NOT "No problem" (as experienced in many eateries here in Danville and Blackhawk). Always a pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- Very Good Food, In/Out DiningTheStarLadyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Amber Bistro is nestled on the same sweet side street as Bridges.The cuisine is a creative mélange of East meets West. Portions are substantial, prices competitive, and the service is excellent. Four of us shared two appetizer small plates of shrimp potstickers and duck spring rolls. Both were delicious with a homemade tenderness. Depending on what you order, two small plates may be enough for a full meal. The tuna tartare was fresh and large, but a bit overpowered with tomatoes. Duck breast, halibut, and chicken were all perfectly prepared and presented. The flourless warm chocolate cake with fresh whipped cream was a big hit. This is a very excellent local gem and it’s nice to have the option of sitting outside.Special Features:
- Tinker Tailor Soldier SpyTinkerTailorSoldierSpyDined on 6/14/2014Good Food, atmosphere, and service. Great place for dinner with friends or an intimate dinner with your spouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheNiDined on 6/14/2014Great experience. Exactly what I reserved. Service was attentive without being intrusive or rushed. Balance menu...something for everyone. focuses on fresh local ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPeteVIPDined on 6/13/2014Busy area with Bridges and other places but free valet is the way to go. Prawn pot stickers were delicious as was the Caesar salad. Duck was delicious and deserts were a great way to finish. Outdoor seating looks great if you can get a seat. Wait staff attentive and helpful. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly in declineTommyboyDined on 6/12/2014This has been our go to Restaurant for some time. I am wondering if the ownership/ management or chef has changed. The food was not prepared well at all. Even our favorite coconut salmon appetizer was overdone. We will not be returningSpecial Features:
- shigyDined on 6/7/2014Food was great! The service was wonderful. Will come back again.Special Features:
- Lack of Veg Options FrustratingKtDansrVIPDined on 6/6/2014We eat here often, but since switching to a vegan diet, I feel shut out. I keep forgetting to specify "no animal products" on my salad, which is the only option I can eat here. I expected to complete our meal in an hour as we like to walk down the street to our favorite dance studio after dinner. My husbands's main course never did show up; after 90 minutes we high-tailed it out of there. Next time we visit we'll need to allow closer to 2 hours to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Noisy outsideLisaKDined on 6/4/2014We had a great lunch. The Thai Salmon is always terrific. We sat outside and the delivery trucks are really noisy. It was hard to hear the conversation over the noise of the trucks. I suggest eating inside.Special Features:
- disappointing services marks AmberdisappointedVIPDined on 6/4/2014Once again the service here was less than acceptable. The waitstaff is either not trained properly or just doesn't care. The manager (or owner?) walking the floor seems to care but clearly can't service every table. Disappointing to be sure as the location is choice and the food is mostly good.
- Local GemDanvilleresi10Dined on 5/23/2014I took my wife, mother in law, 2 year old and newborn to Amber Bistro on a Friday night and we had an outstanding dining experience. We sat outside , enjoyed the weather , the friendly people, and even were able to piggyback listening to the live music coming from Bridges restaurant. The staff was very accommodating to my young kids and the happy hour menu was awesome. I recommend this place to any and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom had a good time680dinerDined on 5/11/2014Good food with a fixed price that was way too much for a brunch. Supply and demand, I guess. On other days, good value options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2014We have been to Amber on many occasions and have always had a great experience until this visit. The Eggs Benedict was great, but the Crab Cakes served with Eggs Monterey was overcooked. The Strawberry shortcake was very dry, to the point we ate the berries and left the shortcake on our plates to be discarded. I'll give Amber another try, but will not do so on Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 581 reviews are from the Amber Bistro reviews archive.
- quaint n quietverynice2u2allDined on 4/13/2014i took my daughter son n law n grandson the sunday after my daughters 30th bday. It was a lil quiet but as others stated arriving we were given grey food and excellent service.. the only reason i didn't give them 5 stars is the portions were on the small side and the chicken dis i originally ored they were out of. I did order something else that was delicious but i still was a bit disappointed it wasn't available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amber can do betterLuv2eatVIPDined on 4/5/2014I have been to Amber many times and have always been impressed. We started with the duck spring rolls - always outstanding as they were this time. I had the asparagus soup, which was excellent. Others had salads - which were very good. I had the lamb, which was warm, bland and tough - very disappointing. The filet and the salmon were well received by others at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorrendoussherrybrryDined on 4/3/2014Brioche hamburger bun was hard from microwaving. Caesar salad was yellow, warm and tasteless. Waitress was surly and rude when I told her, and yet she brought me another that was EXACTLY the same. Bizarre. Hamburger was nothing more than mediocre.
- Great FoodPleasedAgainDined on 3/24/2014Went on a Monday and were one of two parties. However the food was great (I had the steak and wife had the salmon). The service was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends night outThomasDined on 3/20/2014We were 3 couples who hadn't seen each other for a while. Dinner was great and we had a chance to visit. Service was good. Been there several times and always enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitPorsche911Dined on 3/14/2014This was our second visit to Amber. The first experience was out standing, this one disappointing. Last visit the food was perfect temperature and very tasty. This time my rack of lamb was over cooked and served cold. My wife had the same Mahi dish she had on our last visit. She was so impressed the first time and this time the Mahi was over cooked and lacked any taste. Service last time included sorbet between first and second course and this time none. The manager had stopped by on our last visit to check on our experience, this time not. The restaurant was no more full this trip then last visit. Overall a big disappointment. We will try another local restaurant next trip downtown.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service wasCaymanmama43VIPDined on 3/12/2014Food was good. Service was a little spotty when the lunch crowd grew. It is a good local place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a kid-free date night!MiniwiffleDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I were looking for a new place on a date night, and we couldn't have been happier to have found Amber Bistro! Great cocktails, amazing food, and quite romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food; lots of noise.WineauxVIPDined on 2/28/2014The dishes were well-prepared, but not terribly inspired. Service was superb, but it was so noisy I could barely hear my dinner guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 8BurtDined on 2/22/2014We had a little delay in our table being ready due to other customers not leaving and the staff took very good care of us and provided free appetizers due to the delay without us asking. It was very positive experience and we all had a good time. BSpecial Features:
- Late but greatKenADined on 2/22/2014We waited nearly an hour for our reserved table. However the manager was very accommodating and comped us appetizers while we waited. He also gave my wife an extra pour on her favorite wine. The food and service was excellent. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service, Management didn't caredisappointedVIPDined on 2/22/2014Really disappointed in the exceptionally poor service early on a Saturday night. The waiter was incredible slow and non communicative. It took almost an hour to get our mains and when I sought out the manager to report this his comment was "yeah I noticed that". Really???