Amaze Fusion Restaurant and Lounge
694 Third Ave
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Amaze Fusion Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amaze43.com/
- Phone: 2129865555
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Amaze Fusion Restaurant and Lounge
Amaze’s focuses on Asian fusion cuisine with evident inspirations from several asian cultures. Amaze’s atmosphere, which complements and attracts a fashion, music and entertainment clientele takes you off the busy streets of Manhattan and transcends you to the middle of the Asian culture. With tall arched ceilings that view from top of the second floor to first floor with dynamic led fiber sandelier light. Amaze located on the middle of 43 streets 44 street and 3 Rd Avenue, is an oasis of modern Asian cuisine influenced by the food and cultures of Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Indonesia, Malaysia and other Asian culture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Amaze Fusion Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Midtown East ›
Amaze Fusion Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Quick LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014We go to Amaze everytime we want something tasty that gets to the table fast. My friend and I enjoyed and we recommend Amaze for lunch!!Special Features:
- Good lunch spotNeilVIPDined on 10/9/2014The food is very good and the atmosphere nice. Just seems like the staff wants you out as soon as you sit. But they do it with a smile.Special Features:
- Sushi findRobinblDined on 8/10/2014The sushi at Amaze is inventive and fresh. We had only eaten lunch there for their special once or twice before. Dinner was great. Drinks were happy hour prices. Four of us at dinner for nearly the same price that my husband and I usually spend on just the two of us. The sushi was fresh and extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent happy hourNatasiaVIPDined on 8/1/2014This place has the best happy hour drink special - $3 wine and $5 shots. Great for groups!Special Features:
- Blah :-(AgentVIPDined on 7/31/2014Mediocre food, dirty restaurant paired with poor service. What more could a customer ask for.
- good food, poor serviceboo82Dined on 7/24/2014the title says all... go there because of the food, don't expect good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Amaze Fusion Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Great Food, Mediocre ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014The food was fantastic but as this seemed to be a "pooled house" there was never anyone who was directly attentive to us. The service was by no means bad but just could have been better. I do reccomend this place for a quick and delicious bite. Great Happy Hour as well.Special Features:
- opentablefanVIPDined on 5/12/2014Delicious food, great variety of dishes. And you can't beat $3 glasses of tasty wine during happy hour!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014I enjoy the cuisine, Amaze offers great food at veyr affordable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy placeLunchwithanewbunchDined on 5/2/2014Was disappointed when I arrived for my reservation at the table reserved for my group of four...they put us around a column near the entrance. Instead, I waited for a table upstairs which was much better and didn't ruin our lunch. The food on the lunch specials was varied, economical and large portions. I was pleasantly surprised. Next time, I would specify a table upstairs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new Happy Hour SpotRockShrimpBoyVIPDined on 4/28/2014Loved the sushi (some of the best and most innovative rolls I've ever had), great happy hour prices with a large list of options, solid service, nice spot!Special Features:
- AwfulAwfulDined on 4/23/2014Food was bad, service was also bad, whole restaurant smelled like weed
- When the pad thai is bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014After eating at so many great inexpensive Sushi and Thai restaurants around New York, I can not recommend Amaze. The Pad Thai lacked Thai flavor and the sushi is not memorable.
- Reasonably priced, food'sAnnaVIPDined on 2/11/2014Reasonably priced, food's good enough, but the waitress was not very friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly good sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2014I live right near this restaurant and passed it a million times before finally trying it. The sushi rolls were so fresh and tasty, and for the price, it was perfect! The servers weren't the friendliest, but the food made up for it.
- Great bang for your buckRebeccaVIPDined on 1/10/2014The lunch specials at Amaze are amazing- 3 rolls for $11 plus soup or salad.....but its really good too. The hot dishes are great as well. Highly recommend. You must get there before 12pm to get a seat fast or make a reservation and you are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upgraded chinese takeoutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2013The website looked so good, like a nice restaurant where you can have a decent dinner and drinks with friends. But that was not the case. I was not amaze at all with place and the food. It was an upgraded chinese takeout. This is where you go to grab a quick lunch or get a take out. the waitress was in a hurry to take orders. Music was like listening to a radio from a boom box.
- food is good...price is reasonable.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2013food is good...price is reasonable. Lunch hour is peak time here. Make sure you have a reservation so that you wont waste your time waiting for your table. Also if you are planning to have a desert, dont waste time asking for it! They do not serve desert on lunch time because they want you to be OUT as soon you're done !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good midtown optionSushiloverVIPDined on 12/4/2013Great happy hour drink specials and the bento box deal is incredible. The service was ok but they were a little too eager, bringing everything out too fast without seeing if we were ready for the next course. This is a great value and I would go back but it's certainly not an exciting experience. Great for an after work bite.I would recommend this to a friend.
- midtown manhattan good valueme1nyVIPDined on 11/27/2013Found this online looking for reasonable, well recommended, convenient to Grand Central Station NY as meeting out of town long time friends coming in on commuter rail. Well prepared, good portion Asian fusion, very good variety and value....many dishes, sushi, lunch combos . Veggies very fresh & nicely served especially Bento Box. Only criticism is wine choices....none really ...house white or red----poor...one beer type only. Mixed drinks available but not appropriate for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an early reservationSocialButterflyVIPDined on 11/12/2013We had an early reservation at 6pm and it was full at that time. Tables were so closely packed together that you would have been better to join as one. Service was hurried and efficient where different servers took orders and delivered. All that was forgotten when the food arrived as they were served quickly and were tasty. If it was all about the food then I might have rated a little higher. However after a day of work and wanting to step out to socialize with a friend, it has to be more than just te food. The friend works near by so she thought she might try a lunch takeout where she doesn't have to deal with the claustrophobia.
- Bad food, Waitresses pesteredUnimpressedVIPDined on 10/30/2013Bad food, Waitresses pestered and music was too loud.
- Value for moneyShpuDined on 10/18/2013I go there mostly for lunch specials..decent sushi, value for money. Nothing fancy
- Great for lunchShaD1224Dined on 10/2/2013I've been here for lunch quite a few times. Fresh sushi and fast service....a little too fast sometimes, but that's ok since it's lunch hour. Have ordered for pick up as well, and 1 or 2 out of like 10 times they screw up something, but otherwise it's usually great. Delivery is VERY FAST. Overall, I think for quality, speed and options, it's an 8 out of 10, service is good too, but nothing spectacular as it's a "move guests in and out fast" type of place at lunch. Turnover = more business.Special Features:
- Great Food and PriceKellyBDined on 9/24/2013This is a great spot for food and drinks. They price is great for the amount of food your receive. I recommend this restaurant to my family and friends when they come into Manhattan. My office moved to this neighborhood a few months ago and glad we found Amaze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - inconsistent serverPhilipTDined on 9/16/2013Lunch special comes with a salad. Had to ask 2 times, came after the lunch. Ordered rice, did not come. Asked 2 people then got 2 of them! Food is good, but service was significantly lacking.
- The food is always good hereDisappointedVIPDined on 9/16/2013The food is always good here - my main issue is that they rush you. I'm not taking more than an hour during lunch time, in fact normally it's less than an hour. But always at 45 minutes they rush you to try and make you leaave. I cannot stand that.
- Good enough to return....SunilVIPDined on 9/7/2013...occassionally. There was nothing particularly distinguishing. Decent food, adequate service that was in attentive at times, quiet place, fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK (not somewhereKrisDined on 9/6/2013Food was OK (not somewhere to go have dinner). It's more like a "hang-out spot" after you get off of work. The drinks were reasonably priced and the plum wine is amazing - their Thai Iced Tea? horrible...the ambience is nice though and can tend to get a bit loud at times.Special Features:
- Very hurried service, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2013I went last week with a group of eight for a work lunch. The waiters literally hovered over us until we ordered (even though we tried to tell them we are not in a hurry). Since the place wasn't very crowded, I assumed they'd allow us to at least stay an hour. We relented and gave our orders and within 2 minutes after they brought the appetizers, the main dishes came and more hovering until we inhaled our food and left. The food itself was nothing special - bland and greasy. I will never go back.
- Not what I expectedHighExpectationsDined on 8/30/2013My wife and I were in the city, and were looking for a good sushi/fusian place for lunch. Menu looked great on line. Disappointments started already outside, which showed little class. Inside was better, although music not what I expected (hip-hop, I think). Although we were first (early for lunch), we felt rushed from the start. Food was ok (good value for money for a quick lunch), but nothing extraordinary. We were a bit surprised when our appetizer and main course all came together, and then when the bill arrived just as my last bite entered my mouth. Although I tried to get the waitress to smile ... no luck. First time in years I gave only 10% tip. Good for quick lunch for manhattan workers. Not for ambience and good service
- Wait staff did not seem enthusiastibrunchloverDined on 8/8/2013Wait staff did not seem enthusiastic to have customers seated, myself included. She was busy with her cellphone. I ordered Mongolian beef. It was ok -- not great, not 'amazed'. This is the place to go during lunch time for those who work around the area and when you're in a rush. Halfway through your soup or salad, the waiter comes to serve your lunch.Special Features:
- Outstanding!KellyBDined on 7/26/2013The food, service and decor were excellent, as well as the prices. I have recommended to friends, co-workers and family, all have enjoyed!Special Features:
- Good food, good value.AnneDined on 7/24/2013Had a salmon skin roll and green chicken curry. Tasty food, good portions, not crazy expensive. $3 pinot grigio at happy hour.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013The restaurant has a nice look and great food. They need to do something about the smell. Also, need to do something about the machine that is loud & repetative. The service could be better.Special Features:
- Solid LunchNaytivNYerDined on 7/16/2013Food is good not spectacular and they have a lunch menu for under $10Well priced. I have been here twice . The 2nd time I was in a plain small separate room that seemed like a converted storage room. I was disappointed becuase the restaurant has a good vibe and is well decorated. I felt l,ike I was in the kiddie room. Besides this I will go back..Special Features:
- Just OKHorribleVIPDined on 7/2/2013I was disappointed in the restaurant. The service felt very rushed!!!!! The food was just okay. And the ambiance was nothing special. I would not recommend this to anyone.
- DisappointmentArrtafVIPDined on 6/16/2013We had high hopes for Amaze based on reviews on a few sites, but it was an overall disappointment. The drinks were blah, food was so-so, ambiance was non-existent. Eerily silent and very few other patrons. In a neighborhood with quite a few restaurants as competition, I'm not sure how this one survives.
- ScottStamfordScottStamfordVIPDined on 6/14/2013This place is great. The first floor has a small bar and dinning area and there is an upstairs dining area as well that is a little more quite. The menu is great and diverse. The food is great and the service was perfect. Great value also. I am going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did not have my reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2013They did not have my reservation, but seated us promptly anyway. Good food!Special Features: