Amaya's Bread Bar
3305 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4N 2L8Neighborhood:
Yonge and Lawrence
IndianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Amaya's Bread Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amayarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4164871100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner - Evenings from 5PM, Seven Nights a Week
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Amaya offers catering for groups of 10 to 1000. We will work with your budget and help create a memorable event.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us to discuss Amaya's private dining options. We offer an array of menus for every budget. In addition to our restaurant services, we offer full-service off-site catering for all your corporate or family events.
- Private Party Contact: Sandhu 6479615262
- Special Events: Catering for 10 to 1000. Please contact Harsh Chawla by calling 416-487-1100
A word from Amaya's Bread Bar
Riding the wave of appreciation for Amaya the Indian room, Amaya's Bread Bar brings Toronto's best Indian food to the Lawrence Park neighbourhood! Bread Bar's menu features signature Amaya dishes including Amaya Prawns, Butter Chicken and Beef Vindaloo in addition to an array of appetizers and vegetarian dishes. The casual atmosphere features a sleek communal table, vibrant colour scheme, stunning photography and plenty of natural light! New this summer, enjoy dining outside on our fully licensed patio, perfect for after work drinks and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amaya's Bread Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DissapointedmojitomagicDined on 9/13/2014After visiting the Indian Room (4-5 times) in the past 18 months (and the only indian rest), I was dissapointed from the time I walked in with lousy seating where you are packed in like sardines in a area with 25 people when there is room behind. We were 2 adt/2 teens and ordered 5 app/3 mains+dessert and everythng we ordered had a red sauce base/color to it. I understand chkn tikka and butter chkn have it, but the remainder of the dishes were the same. Ordered lamb chops, lamb kebabs, chkn tikka, butter chkn, shrimps, lamb biryani, eggplant dish and while the spice level was a tad spicy after requesting the food as mild. I found this restaurant mediocre, main stream Indian v/s the Neo Indian ad and prefer the Indian room going forward.
- Online reservation on off hoursMomoDined on 8/22/2014I made a reservation for a lunch time through Open Table for my friend at work for her birthday. I was able to book it online with no problem. When we arrived at the restaurant, it was closed. I was embarrassed and we had to find an alternative place. The website of the restaurant says 'Amaya's Bread Bar is open 7 days a week from 5pm to 10pm. Lunch | 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m' but that wasn't true
- Great!Joe3Dined on 8/16/2014Everything great, especially jhalfrezi curry. Delicious, and about 80% of the vindaloo spicyness. Highly recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AshmanVIPDined on 7/29/2014brightly lit like a cafeteria..food was less than mediocre & gave me a lot of gas the next day..The seekh kebab tasted off ,dry & over cooked.. i was so looking forward because of the incredible press this place garners...don't waste your time or money on this establishment..
- L18mDined on 7/28/2014I've been here quite a few times. This time I brought some new people ans the restaurant did not feel clean. We we're killing fruit flies all through our meal. The stair going down to the washrooms were filthy. I was embarrassed. The food was very good as was the service. What happened to your liquor license? You used to have draught beer. It seems that this restaurant is going downhill and no one seems to care. The neighbourhood would like to see you clean up this place and get your draught beer back! I've always mentioned this place to my friends and family, but will not anymore until it is cleaned up-get rid of the fruit flies. They are truly annoying when you are eatingSpecial Features:
- Not Impressed this time.itsmereenzDined on 7/18/2014In my previous experiences here, I've had fantastic food & service. This time, the food was still good. Service & ambience were lacking. No background music, the restaurant was as bright as day (i went for dinner). The waiter was AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. He was rude, didn't check on us once during the meal (actually someone else brought the food and cleared), didn't even fill up our water glasses ONCE during the entire meal!! And he had to audacity to add his own 20% gratuity to my bill (we were only 2 people - trying to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary & welcome news that we are expecting). Very disappointed. Thought I enjoyed the food, I wouldn't go back. It's just sad to see how a great place like this has gone downhill.
- Huge MistakedisappointedDined on 6/16/2014I made a reservation for Amaya bread bar for June 16, my invitee received the email confirming, I received the confirming email as well. I arrived at the Amaya Bread Bar at Yonge and Glenforest and it was CLOSED, no answer on the telephone…I checked the website and confirmed that I had the right place, time for lunch etc etc. Called another location to be told that the Yonge St Amaya is open for dinner!! So, why did I receive a reservation??? Why is their website misleading - totally incorrect?? How embarrassing and frustrating. I was taking a client for lunch, I looked pretty poorly disorganized to say the least and I was embarrassed, and completely annoyed with a misleading website.
- ExcellentJoe3Dined on 6/1/2014Equally excellent as first time a few weeks ago. Food equal to Bayview location, service waaaaay better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they are closedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/29/2014website and OT are not up to date...not impressed even after reminder from OT - get it together people.Special Features:
- The following 355 reviews are from the Amaya's Bread Bar reviews archive.
- gourmandVIPDined on 5/17/2014Indian food that is well prepared and tasty; however the appetizers are still "made ahead" and stodgy. Plenty of vegetarian options. It tries hard to be a bit more upscale - but still not a place to linger. Nice patio when weather permits.
- Excellent!Joe3Dined on 5/10/2014Delicious vindaloo, chaat, samosas, etc. etc. very very friendly and good service. We also frequent the "main branch" on Bayview, but will go here from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- qualified recommendationanonymousVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food was quite good, but the service was quite slow: over 45 minutes between appetizers and mains. When the bill arrived, there were two extra drinks on it that we hadn't ordered (or received). They were removed quickly, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Enjoy the food, but check the bill carefully.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely overpriced and veryGutzDined on 1/11/2014Extremely overpriced and very tricky menu...strong and authentic flavourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious Indian Food!VelikaVIPDined on 12/7/2013We keep going back to Amaya Bread Bar. Service is excellent. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Food is delicious! The whole family loves it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better to get a table towardsJuliaDined on 11/16/2013Better to get a table towards the back as the front Is too bright and pretty generic feeling...food is delicious thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastytastyfindDined on 8/9/2013Excellent ambience, tasty and culturally-specific food, and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian food - withgourmandVIPDined on 8/3/2013Excellent Indian food - with some different dishes on the menu. The staff were most helpful and knowledgeable, if required. Great local placeI would recommend this to a friend.
- food was outstanding!!!!!!!jfrimDined on 7/28/2013food was outstanding!!!!!!! my fav indian food restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2013LindaDined on 7/21/2013The service was efficient and courteous. The food was fresh and delicious. I had the lamb kebab with the right amount of spice and the presentation was excellent. I was very impressed because I was outside of my culinary box in trying something new. For the main course, I had the butter chicken and they managed to put a new twist on an old standby favourite. The portions were generous and once again, the presentation was excellent. At the suggestion of our server, I had the caramel cheesecake, and it was delicious. It wasn't too sweet and it was a great way to end a superb lunch. It was great value for the money. I'm definitely going back for dinner sometime very soon. Another great place found through Summerlicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprise!KayandeeDined on 7/20/2013We got this dinner a a gift and had never been to Amaya Bread Bar before. And wow.....were we impressed! Everything from the warm and friendly service to the amazing food was absolutely perfect. We had some leftovers...hooray....so we had more of this fantastic food the next day for lunch. It was just as good the second day. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves great Indian food at a place with lovely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went there for the chefsummerDined on 7/14/2013We went there for the chef award mango cheesecake on their summerlicious menu but turned out their desert menu is completely changed so is part of the appetizers menu. food is tasty overall but kinda disappointed by the dessert...Special Features:
- YUMMY!VanessaVIPDined on 7/7/2013What was served to us was not as described on the summerlicious menu BUT the food tasted amazing. The lamb was super tender and flavorful. Butterchicken was juicy, super creamy and delicious. Staff were friendly and attentive despite being quite busy.Special Features:
- Great valueMacaneseVIPDined on 7/7/2013Our server appeared to be the only one staffed on the first Sunday of Summerlicious, but he really tried. He was definitely stressed with having to work 10 tables alone but he did not stop refilling water and made his rounds frequently. Food took a while but it was worth the wait. I'd say I had the best (least oily) lamb biryani ever at this restaurant and I will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Not being a big fan of IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013Not being a big fan of Indian food I was extremely surprised at the selection and flavours. Great service and great food....will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amaya bread barJsndbdDined on 6/28/2013The appetizers were nice. However, the dinner portion was quite, I guess, pasty. There definitely was spice but the taste wasn't as great as other Indian restaurants I have tried. Most of the food and it's sauce was soaked in oil. interestingly enough, the beef dish tasted better than the lamb.Special Features:
- Ever AmayabartholomewDined on 6/22/2013Amaya Bread Bar continues to offer a lovely dining experience. Their food counts among the best Indian Cuisine in Toronto, the decor and ambience are warm and pleasng to te eye, and the staff are professional, helpful, and courteous. We will continue to be enthusiastic patrons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if they could have served boozeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2013Their liquor licence ran out so they couldn't serve beer with the tasting menu. They said they were expecting it any minute. But, too late for us. Obviously its commendable that they didn't take the chance but when you run a restaurant you should make sure your licence is current.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/9/2013We haven't been here in a while- big change seems all the familiar faces of the welcoming staff are gone as are our relationships. The new crew seem nice enough but not very sure of the menu or themselves - this will get better. The food is the same value- good. Good quality, good quantity. The menu is simplified which is ok too. Worth returning to. You must like Indian food and remember not all the items are spicy. We had starters and 4 dishes - chicken, lamb lollipops, fish the fish excellent. we also had a paneer and chickpea dish, and naan and rice. Way too much we had to leave a lot. Very flavourful. Chicken and fish very tender ( I did not get to the lamb).
- One of my favourite!smrosieDined on 5/28/2013Amaya's Bread Bar is one of my favourite restaurants in the city, and possibly my favourite Indian restaurant. The food is amazing! The flavours are authentic enough for those who have been to India/those who want the real deal, while still being accessible to those who are wary of spice or different flavours. If you want something a little more up-scale or more romantic, there's Amaya's Indian Room, but I prefer the Bread Bar for its' more casual tone. At either place, I'd recommend getting the tasting menu to get a range of delicious dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2013This is our second visit to this restaurant. The first time the food was very good but this time it seemed as if they are mass producing the food because of the couponing. Won't return again.
- Food was not up to their best.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2013Food was not up to their best. Did not have the wine we wanted. I think that it is WRONG to add 20% tip on our bill- it is not our job to pay your waiters!!!!!!!! Many Indian places to go to...may start using them.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Going Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2013Amazing food and excellent service. It was quick and the staff were awesome. On top of that, the food was out of this world.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner usingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013We enjoyed our dinner using a coupon, great deal, great food. Love using Open Table- easy and quick...always great. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013The food is over rated for the prices they charge - very comparable to the smaller local Indian food joints at a third of a price. If you like asking for your own drink refills, clearing plates while you are still eating and handing you the check when they bring out dessert, then you will enjoy the customer service here. But what they lacked in taste and customer service made up for in food quantity. Their tasting menu is built for 4 and not 2.
- It was my second time going,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013It was my second time going, great food and service as always. I look forward to coming back again.Special Features:
- great way to celebrate my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Very nice meal with my husband last night at this local small Indian restaurant. Friendly staff and delicious food plus enough for the next day as we had the royal tasting menu on a groupon special. They were kind enough to provide a yummy caramel cake plus 2 scoops of ice cream with candles but did so quietly which was terrific as I didn't want a scene ha ha ! We will be backSpecial Features:
- The Best Indian Food in the CityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Amaya Bread Bar provides good service and great food at fairly reasonable price.The highlight for me is the naan bread. It's crispy on the outside and soft in the middle and the best I've had in the city. We had the Royal Tasting Menu which was a perfect amount for two people. The starter platter cover the usual bases except for the fish which was very nicley spiced. We chose the Steak Adcari and the Chicken Madras as out meat curries which were both very spicy. The Chana Masala was the mildest curry we had. To round off the four dishes we had Dal Makhni, a mixture of lentils, tomatoes, onion, ginger and garlic. By the time we got to dessert, we were feeling comfortable full. A perfect end to a great meal!Special Features:
- Indian flavours trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013We loved everything, especially the decoration : following bar, few white-clothed tables in a dark orange cozy room, then another room lighted with purple wall and silver and dark velvet-printed bench. We recommend to start your flavours trip with a delicious mango lassi. Then let you carry away with all those spicy meals. And don't forget to drink an tasty Indian beer!Special Features:
- We went on a Groupon- $45OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013We went on a Groupon- $45 for Royal Tasting Menu for 2 (but also had a $10 Groupon coupon, so paid $35) Good variety and choice, and more than enough for 2, but food was way too salty for our tastes. Service was attentive, but didn't like being automatically charged 15% gratuity- presumably because it was a Groupon.
- Authentic Indian Cuisine.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013Well prepared and presented dishes. Closer to authentic than most "Indian restaurants. Cuisine was not toned down for the Canadian client. Attentive srvice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.