686 Ninth Ave.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amaroneristorantenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122456060x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Amarone
Amarone’s homey indoor-outdoor trattoria on the edge of the theater district on 9th Avenue between 47th and 48th offers amazing eats that reflect the owners’ Italian background. Amarone stands out as one of New York’s best values in Hell’s Kitchen and surpasses even the highest expectations. Amarone has taken the expression “make your customers feel at home” to the next level. Sometimes it is hard to leave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amarone reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (34)good for groups (24)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great theatre restaurentnnydmbDined on 9/13/2014Great food, good ambiance, terrific location. Our meals were served correctly, on time and hot. Very personable hostess and friendly wait staff. Added value was it's location to most Broadway theatres.Special Features:
- Very pleased!LuvnewyorkcityDined on 9/13/2014I booked this resto to celebrate my 1st anniversary with my wife. From the moment we walked in, they took great care of us! Our waiter was directly from Italy and was very kind. Food was great and the ambience is incredible! Fantastic for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in Hell's KitchenSusanVIPDined on 9/9/2014The interior of this restaurant was cozy with brick walls and great decorations. The service was excellent and a basket of fresh bread was immediately brought to the table. The fettucini portofino was loaded with fresh shrimp and scallops in a tomato based sauce. Absolutely delicious. The pear salad with peccorino cheese was wonderful as was the linguine putanesca. All the food is freshly prepared and arrives piping hot at the table. There are no negatives about this restaurant just a lot of atmosphere and great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemSylvainDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic Italian restaurant outside Little Italy near Times Square. Wow what a treat time after time! Every time we pop in NYC we always return to the Amarone for at least twice a year for the past 7 years. The Seafood black ink pasta is a must. With prawns, clams, mussels, octopus, squid and half a lobster!! To be enjoyed seating outside living the NY live scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProfessionalTheatreJunkiesDined on 9/5/2014Great service accommodated us even though we were 20 minutes late for our reservation Food was perfect and service timely and attentive and we got to the theatre on time Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKelliepkDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful Italian restaurant! Gluten free options were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater district gem!fredoDined on 8/30/2014Ristorante Amarone is in the heart of the Manhattan (NY) theater district on 9th Ave between 47th and 48th Streets. If your destination is the theater a word to the waiter will ensure a timely departure and arrival. We arrived on time for a 6:30 reservation and were on our way by 7:35. Service is crisp and friendly; you'll be greeted by owner/manager "Tony" who oversees the dining room as if you were in his home. Fish,meat and pasta dishes are all worthy of a try. The wine list is extensive and priced from easily accessible to high.Special Features:
- definitely recommendcnnycDined on 8/30/2014Had a late lunch (2pm) here on a late August afternoon. We were the only people there but that was fine. Shared a delicious salad and one of us had pasta, the other veal piccata. Both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We come from a family of professional executive ches and found Amerone both excellent in service and food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute little placenylove4travelDined on 8/27/2014Lovely little restaurant on 9th Avenue not far off restaurant row. The pasta dishes were delicious and the appetizer salads are ample, but maybe not enough to share. The service was very good and their prices are reasonable for the area. I would recommend it when seeing a broadway show.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Always enjoy eating here. The food is tasty and they are very efficient. I love to sit outside and watch people go by and watch the street traffic.Special Features:
- Good foodlolstarVIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I had a salad to begin with and I ordered veal piccata and my husband had a chicken dish as an entree. The food was good, but with so many restaurants in New York to choose from, I gave it a four rating instead of a five rating.
- A lovely pre-theater dinnerannieTDined on 8/19/2014What a find! Close to the theater district. Great menu. Food was excellent. Service friendly and attentive. A lovely little hide-away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amarone is a pleasant place to eatloreyDined on 8/17/2014The waitress is great. The service is great and the food is good italian food.Special Features:
- Not For After TheatreGoodfoodloverDined on 8/16/2014We wanted a restaurant for dinner after the theater. We made a reservation on Open Table for 11:30 pm. On the day of our reservation we got a call saying the kitchen closed at 11:30 pm and if we didn't get there before that we couldn't eat. We did get there in time. The restaurant was drab. When my order came it wasn't at all what I expected. The food was less than average. Nothing outstanding. The waiter was very nice and kept my water glass filled but overall this was a very disappointing restaurant.
- Treat you like family!Schutz64Dined on 8/7/2014You feel comfortable the minute you enter the dining room. Tony and his staff are gracious and accommodating and the food delicious. Worth the stroll from Times Square and perfect for pre theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014With all the places to dine in NYC I just keep finding myself drawn back here again and again!Special Features:
- SusieQDined on 8/5/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. The food was only average and the ambience was just okay - nothing exciting, There are far better italian restaurants in NYC!
- DotBDined on 8/2/2014Our reservation was for 645 pm on Saturday night. We did not have theater to attend so we had to wait a bit. We sat at the bar they, gave us a complimentary plate of appetizers. Once seated the service and meal were very good, Our pasta dishes were wonderful. the veal was flavorful and not tough. I would definitely go back but after 715pm when it is not so crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentchefgl92Dined on 8/2/2014Had a great dinner. Celebrated my wifes 50th birthday here. Waiter gave us a great treat. Grappa for everyone. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Best Bucatini All'amatriciana I have ever had! We try to get to Amarone every time we are in NYC!Special Features:
- Great place for after show dinnerwinerdinersDined on 7/31/2014The food and atmosphere were great. Great fun location in Hells Kitchen area close to theatres. We had the gnocchi, risotto, seafood fettuccine all excellent. Good variety of salads...pear salad especially tasty. Service ok not top notch but not bad either. Overall had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollyloveDined on 7/29/2014It was our 25th anniversary and we loved it! Excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Took a friend out for her 25th birthday before seeing a show. Amarone was the perfect choice! The food is simply delicious, the portions are perfect and the wine selection is divine. It was the perfect spot for an early dinner to celebrate and catch up with a good friend. The waiters are ready to fill your drinks the minute your cup gets low, and yet, they give you your space and aren't kicking you out as soon they clear your table. It's a great hidden gem!Special Features:
- Rome away from RomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014I lived in Rome for four years. Hands down this is the most authentic experience of Italian dining I have had this side of the Atlantic. Kudos to Antonio, the owner, as well as Leonardo, Andrea and the rest of the wait staff who do an incredible job. It is 110% worth the drive to Manhattan from the Pocono Mountains for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, shame about the foodwestsiderVIPDined on 7/25/2014Service was fine - pleasant and efficient. Appetizer portions were much larger than waiter described, which is a shame since they were so bland and misconceived. Veal piccata was quite good. Our expectations weren't high, based on reviews, but we had a theater date in the neighborhood and this seemed the least bad nearby alternative. No reason to go back.
- Great location, good foodRobnycDined on 7/24/2014If your looking for a good Italian restaurant on the west side, Amarone fills the bill. Very good food and good ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family Owned Gem...SerendipidiousDined on 7/18/2014We visited this restaurant on a recommendation of a server at another restaurant and it is fantastic. It is a cozy little spot on 9th Avenue. It would be difficult to rate any of our choices as the 'best' as they were all outstanding. Select choices of our foursome were: a pear salad, a mozzarella salad-a restaurant specialty, linguini con vongole, home-made ravioli - so very good, and a veal selection. All the food was superior. Our server Andrea was very helpful, personable and fun. If you are looking for an authentic Italian restaurant like you would find on a little side street in Italy this is it. A little difficult to find but well worth it. It will become one of our 'must' visit restaurants on our next visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeDined on 7/5/2014We were a party of 4. We arrived early, were immediately seated. The waiter was great, the food was outstanding. We will return.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingmomoDined on 6/29/2014We had high expectations based on tripadvisor reviews. The calamari was very good, the Caesar salad was ordinary, pasta was delicious, Tiramisu delicious. However the service was extremely slow. It was a busy Sunday night, World Cup soccer was on, etc. Also do not go unless you want to yell over all the noise. Very loud. Overall mediocre.Special Features:
- A great pre-theater dinnerDrRitaDined on 6/26/2014My sister and I were in a rush to go to a play. We made our reservation earlier that day. Amarone's was able to accomodate us on a busy night. The service was quick but attentive. The wine was great and the food was very innovative. WE had a great dinner and got to the theater on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After play diningJeffDined on 6/24/2014We stopped for a late dinner after a show and the food and service were both excellent. The pear salad was delicious. My daughter loved the Gamberoni and my seafood pasta was very good and generous with the seafood.Special Features:
- Decent pre-theater choiceemptynesterDined on 6/24/2014We've been to Amarone several times pre-theater; because it's a little off the beaten path, it doesn't tend to be as crowded as those closer to Times Square. Food is good, service decent, nice atmosphere and just an extra block from many of the Broadway theaters. It's a nice, dependable place but have always felt it could kick it up a notch or two.Special Features:
- AmazingKatieDined on 6/22/2014Had dinner with my boyfriend here, and the food and service was amazing. I ate the chicken for dinner and it was very good. For dessert I ate the tiramisu and it was amazing! We went back for lunch two days later and I will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied Repeat Customerbill4501Dined on 6/20/2014This was probably our fifth or sixth visit to Amarone over the past three years. We live in Virginia Beach and visit New York City about three times a year. We usually try some new restaurants with each visit, but we keep coming back to our favorites, of which Amarone is one. The best part of our experience is Renald, our waiter - he always takes good care of us, with a great sense of humor, and makes us feel special.Special Features:
- Wife's 40th Birthday dinner in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014Easily made reservations thru Open Table. Arrived at restaurant 10 minutes before our 5:30pm reservation, was seated immediately. Tables were rather close together, but ambience was nice. Wait staff provided good service, presentation of food was beautiful, food was hot and taste was well balanced and delicious. Would definitely go back again or recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysDanimalDined on 6/19/2014My favorite restaurant in the city. Every time I go there I have an incredible experience and the food and service are always the best. Recently I brought two business associates for dinner and they could not stop raving about the incredible food and service. The wine list is excellent and the prices are excellent for the area as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average but loudPCR94301Dined on 6/11/2014Small volume in glasses of wine. Mussel appetizer hearty with tasty sauce. Pasta dishes good. Noise level intrusive, 9th Avenue quieter at rush hour.
- moishVIPDined on 6/9/2014Food was great, service was so-so, we must of had a new waiter who screwed up all the drink orders to start, but then all went well, worth the trip and would go back, even though we did not have any amarone.
- Loud and crowdedloudVIPDined on 6/7/2014Went with my kids - mistake. Not kid-friendly. I should've read up on that part. Good for pre-theater dinner. Loud and extremely crowded. Toilets were very clean. Took a long time for food to arrive. Expensive. And hostess was wearing totally inappropriate attire. Dress was way too short and tight. Might work for a dance club, but not a neighborhood restaurant. Food was very good, though. We won't be back. Going to Pietrasanta across the street. More space and less expensive, and great food.