686 Ninth Ave.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amaroneristorantenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122456060x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Amarone
Amarone’s homey indoor-outdoor trattoria on the edge of the theater district on 9th Avenue between 47th and 48th offers amazing eats that reflect the owners’ Italian background. Amarone stands out as one of New York’s best values in Hell’s Kitchen and surpasses even the highest expectations. Amarone has taken the expression “make your customers feel at home” to the next level. Sometimes it is hard to leave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amarone reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (44)special occasion (31)good for groups (26)romantic (22)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (16)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great foodSusanrpnyDined on 10/18/2014The food is delicious and they made two off menu dishes to accommodate finicky kids. The table was less then ideal but it was a crowded Sat night and we were seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!KelseyBDined on 10/18/2014Great food and perfect portions!! We sat outside so it was a little crazy but nice. Service was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014I just completed my 4th trip to NYC and also had my 4th visit to Amarone. It's my favorite Italian restaurant. Excellent food, wine, dessert and the ambiance is amazing. We met the owner on this past trip and he was so nice and appreciative of our business. Will make certain to go here each time I'm back in NYC and highly recommend to anyone traveling there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent pre-theater find22sylvia22Dined on 10/14/2014This small Italian restaurant is convenient to theater, has an efficient and lovely staff and the dishes were plentiful and well prepared. My dining partner and I each had three appetizers: five of them were perfect. The octopus carpaccio special had been frozen, remained partially frozen, and had an unappealing texture. Otherwise, all was delicious. The restaurant accommodated conversation, and was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Good food, loud child.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner more after the loud family left. Not the best timing for us. Service good, but a little cold. We ate there fifteen years ago, and would go back for the food the next time we are in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianRopespierreVIPDined on 10/11/2014Wife and I happened upon this while visiting from Houston. YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barely ServiceableNYdinerDined on 10/11/2014We went here because we were going to the Theater. I usually don't expect much from places around Broadway but this had good reviews. It was therefore a great disappointment. The sales were very tired and overpriced .The pasta pomodoro tasted like pasta in Campbell's tomato soup. The service was extremely slow (but it was pre-theater) they packed the tables in about as tight as I've ever seen, (yes it was pre-theater) and the noise was just over the top nerve wracking. So all in all I would not recommend this place unless you were desperate for somewhere to go before a play.
- Excellent Italian DinnerSDinNYCDined on 10/11/2014Menu had a nice assortment of selections. 4 specials of the day, which we had were incredible. Delicious tender meats, not over sauced, cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014Service was very attentive...cute setting. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best italian experience!GioiaDined on 10/4/2014Amarone's nails it with the fantastic wine list and the authentic italian menu with amazing, fresh specials! The service makes you feel like family; between Andrea's recommendations to Tony's hospitality and everyone in between working together, it's an unbeatable combination. If you want an amazing, authentic italian experience, Amarone's is the place!Special Features:
- Great Food and Great ServiceluvNY27Dined on 10/3/2014We totally enjoyed our experience at Amarone. The food was perfectly prepared and the service is friendly, and as fast or slow as you want it to be. We highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- polentaDined on 10/2/2014A favorite restaurant whose service, menu and quality have held up over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!KristinBVIPDined on 9/28/2014Definitely not my first or last time at this wonderful restaurant! I highly recommend Amarone for visitors and locals!! I cant wait to go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a good choice before theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014It sounded good but was quite disappointing. We had reservations at 6:00 for a part of 4. Although the restaurant was empty, we were told that we had to wait for another table to clear and were asked to sit at the bar where we were ignored for 10 minute before the bar tender deigned to ask us if we wanted anything. We were finally seated 20 minutes late. Three food could have saved the day, but it was quite pedestrian and not work reviewing. Further, having made us wait for our table they couldn't seem to be more anxious to get us out, bringing out main courses to the table before we had finished out first course. There are a lot of choices in the that district. This will not be on our list.
- Beautiful Birthday CelebrationFinedinersDined on 9/27/2014Dinner for 8 to celebrate my husband's birthday after a broadway matinee! Excellent food and service! A convenient walk from the theaters. This was my 2nd time at this restaurant. Everyone enjoyed the evening, food, service, table! Simply fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly mediocre and overpricedPerfectionDined on 9/27/2014The pasta entree was smaller than a child's portion in most restaurants. The chicken in the Chicken Scarpariello was not tender. Entrees were not even served with a salad. Not good value for the money. The taste of the food was nothing outstanding. Definitely would not go there again.
- Amarone!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Great spot to dine very close to Times Square but NO tourists! Fine food and ambiance!!Special Features:
- food did not disappointtimeflies1VIPDined on 9/26/2014We shared pear salad to start. Not big but enough. Pear was sweet. Date had salmon which was perfectly prepared but sauce was just ok. I had chicken amarone was had a tkn of mushrooms & sun dried tomatoes. Accompanied vegetable mix were perfect al dente. Portions were generous. Food was good not outstanding. Quite noisy for pre theater dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place before Broadway playOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Very convenient if you are going to a Broadway play, less than 5 minute walk to theaters like oneill. Food was great at very good prices especially for New York city. Would definitely recommend if you want a great italian meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerrapaDined on 9/21/2014Awesome food, incredible Italian wine list. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hells Kitchen GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014I had a friend in town (yeah, date night) and I also wanted to try a new place. The tables were great and the atmosphere was comfortable. Most importantly the food was fantastic. I had the salmon and it was a friendly portion. The tiramisu was perfect and I recommend the amarone royale drink.Special Features:
- Good italian foodJohannes4300Dined on 9/20/2014We visited Amarone late Saturday evening and it could be heard that guests at several other tables had been there for some time, the noise level was above energetic, but the food was good and the winelist very extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionTafdavisDined on 9/20/2014The homemade pasta was wonderful! Menu had many creative dishes and we all enjoyed our dinners. Highly recommend for a couple it even a group. There is a bar and two dining rooms. We were so pleased to have our reservation as it was a busy Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theatre restaurentnnydmbDined on 9/13/2014Great food, good ambiance, terrific location. Our meals were served correctly, on time and hot. Very personable hostess and friendly wait staff. Added value was it's location to most Broadway theatres.Special Features:
- Very pleased!LuvnewyorkcityDined on 9/13/2014I booked this resto to celebrate my 1st anniversary with my wife. From the moment we walked in, they took great care of us! Our waiter was directly from Italy and was very kind. Food was great and the ambience is incredible! Fantastic for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in Hell's KitchenSusanVIPDined on 9/9/2014The interior of this restaurant was cozy with brick walls and great decorations. The service was excellent and a basket of fresh bread was immediately brought to the table. The fettucini portofino was loaded with fresh shrimp and scallops in a tomato based sauce. Absolutely delicious. The pear salad with peccorino cheese was wonderful as was the linguine putanesca. All the food is freshly prepared and arrives piping hot at the table. There are no negatives about this restaurant just a lot of atmosphere and great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemSylvainDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic Italian restaurant outside Little Italy near Times Square. Wow what a treat time after time! Every time we pop in NYC we always return to the Amarone for at least twice a year for the past 7 years. The Seafood black ink pasta is a must. With prawns, clams, mussels, octopus, squid and half a lobster!! To be enjoyed seating outside living the NY live scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProfessionalTheatreJunkiesDined on 9/5/2014Great service accommodated us even though we were 20 minutes late for our reservation Food was perfect and service timely and attentive and we got to the theatre on time Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKelliepkDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful Italian restaurant! Gluten free options were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater district gem!fredoDined on 8/30/2014Ristorante Amarone is in the heart of the Manhattan (NY) theater district on 9th Ave between 47th and 48th Streets. If your destination is the theater a word to the waiter will ensure a timely departure and arrival. We arrived on time for a 6:30 reservation and were on our way by 7:35. Service is crisp and friendly; you'll be greeted by owner/manager "Tony" who oversees the dining room as if you were in his home. Fish,meat and pasta dishes are all worthy of a try. The wine list is extensive and priced from easily accessible to high.Special Features:
- definitely recommendcnnycDined on 8/30/2014Had a late lunch (2pm) here on a late August afternoon. We were the only people there but that was fine. Shared a delicious salad and one of us had pasta, the other veal piccata. Both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We come from a family of professional executive ches and found Amerone both excellent in service and food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute little placenylove4travelDined on 8/27/2014Lovely little restaurant on 9th Avenue not far off restaurant row. The pasta dishes were delicious and the appetizer salads are ample, but maybe not enough to share. The service was very good and their prices are reasonable for the area. I would recommend it when seeing a broadway show.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Always enjoy eating here. The food is tasty and they are very efficient. I love to sit outside and watch people go by and watch the street traffic.Special Features:
- Good foodlolstarVIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I had a salad to begin with and I ordered veal piccata and my husband had a chicken dish as an entree. The food was good, but with so many restaurants in New York to choose from, I gave it a four rating instead of a five rating.
- A lovely pre-theater dinnerannieTDined on 8/19/2014What a find! Close to the theater district. Great menu. Food was excellent. Service friendly and attentive. A lovely little hide-away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amarone is a pleasant place to eatloreyDined on 8/17/2014The waitress is great. The service is great and the food is good italian food.Special Features:
- Not For After TheatreGoodfoodloverDined on 8/16/2014We wanted a restaurant for dinner after the theater. We made a reservation on Open Table for 11:30 pm. On the day of our reservation we got a call saying the kitchen closed at 11:30 pm and if we didn't get there before that we couldn't eat. We did get there in time. The restaurant was drab. When my order came it wasn't at all what I expected. The food was less than average. Nothing outstanding. The waiter was very nice and kept my water glass filled but overall this was a very disappointing restaurant.
- Treat you like family!Schutz64Dined on 8/7/2014You feel comfortable the minute you enter the dining room. Tony and his staff are gracious and accommodating and the food delicious. Worth the stroll from Times Square and perfect for pre theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014With all the places to dine in NYC I just keep finding myself drawn back here again and again!Special Features: