Amarone Kitchen & Wine
8868 W. Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Amarone Kitchen & Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amaronela.com/
- Phone: (310) 652-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Cater private functions /Special Events .
Please email Events@AmaroneLA.com
- Special Events: Special Event inquiries can be emailed to Events@AmaroneLA.com
A word from Amarone Kitchen & Wine
An intimate and cozy setting with a staff of Native Italians. We feature wines from all 20 regions of Italy .Our kitchen prepares all our sauces , breads , pastas , desserts and burrata in house daily .Continued
A Chef's tasting is always available upon requests.
A treat not to be missed .
Buon Appetito !
A Chef's tasting is always available upon requests.
A treat not to be missed .
Buon Appetito !
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Amarone Kitchen & Wine - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Amarone Kitchen & Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)romantic (21)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (17)notable wine list (16)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Dining with friendsZoeyDined on 11/22/2014The calamari was excellent as usual. With few exceptions, the meal was great. This is our second time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian Food!SuzyQDined on 11/15/2014Everyone that we met, beginning with Lilliana, was so nice and friendly. I love that we were in an Italian restaurant & everyone spoke Italian and that the food was authentic. The bread was delicious and is made fresh everyday. Our waiter, Sandro, is also the owner. He was awesome! He was very funny and he made our evening enjoyable. The food was delicious. We started with a salad, then had a pasta dish, followed by their special for the evening, which was a seafood platter filled with Branzino, Dover Sole, scallops, shrimp & calamari on a bed of spinach & broccolini. It was delicious! My husband ordered the tiramisu and it was amazing. I have a dairy allergy so Sandro made up a plate with berries on it for me. Grazie Sandro, Lilliana, Julia & Gian Carlo for a wonderful evening & dinner. Il cibo è molto buono!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- want the owner to come to London!dianaDined on 10/31/2014booked from London was so happy to be here..wish I had chosen for my birthday on the 30th instead of where we went.the food is outstanding the Carpsccio the best I have ever tasted anywhere in the world. The owner is delightful and treats each customer like a friend. When we went to New York we found a great Italian restauarant that is now a favourite and now Amarone is our must go to place when we next visit Los Angeles. Visitors do not miss out on this absolute gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/21/2014While we love Amarone, we had a below par dining experience this time. I recognize that off-nights can happen in any establishment. The grilled squid was superb as were the prosecco and Amarone wine. Three of us ordered pastas that took more than an hour to prepare for no good reason. Two were specials that were described as including white truffle but was not served with the dish. It was provided when requested. Since all our other experiences have been exceptional, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZoeyDined on 10/21/2014We took our good friends there for their anniversary. The food was wonderful! We had the branzino, rack of lamb, and shrimp and sides of pasta. All were cooked to perfection. For appetizers we split calamari and ahi tartar. The service was the best. They treated you like their family. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to rembemberCiela23Dined on 10/18/2014Awesome place great food I will said the best and the desert out of this world the service from the staff awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun date night with the wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014Strange location for the restaurant. Really good food. Service was friendly and accurate without being rushed. Some great finds on the wine list if you're willing to get a touch out of your comfort zone. Very enjoyable with the wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European feelFruitflyDined on 10/15/2014Amarone Kitchen is a fabulous find. Excellent fresh Italian food. The wine list is well selected and surprisingly large. Service is friendly and helpful. Perhaps most remarkable is that it has the feel of a small neighborhood restaurant in a European city. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing AmaronegratefulDined on 10/12/2014The Amarone prepares the finest Italian food that can be found in the USA. Rivals and equals a dining experience in Italy. Everything was prepared from scratch. The service was excellent. We were welcomed like family. The food was fresh and delicious. The best calamari I have ever eaten. The pasta was homemade and perfectly prepared. The dessert was so fine. The location is deceiving, don't let that dissuade you from going. Grazie to the fine people at Amarone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014As always, the food and service were excellent. Sandro and staff go out of their way to ensure that your dining experience is memorable
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/9/2014marvelous little restaurant with really terrific food and a wonderful staff
- Authentic taste of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/3/2014Amarone provides an authentic taste of Italian fine dining. Delicate, well balanced flavors and dishes for a variety of guests. We were joined by picky 11 and 13 year olds who ate every morsel and wiped their plates with bread. The grilled calamari was done to perfection; deliciously prepared polipo (octopus) with fava beans, and fantastic pasta dishes. And all a fantastic value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful pasta!206sojournerDined on 9/12/2014The homemade pasta was excellent. The proscuitto in the papadrelle was thick and clunky but otherwise the sauce was delicious. Tiramisu's cake layer was a little different but light and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014Home made pasta, creative dishes, great food and friendly service. I ordered the caprese di case (home made mozzarella, fresh basil) as an appetizer and Rigatoni alla Salsiccia (sausage) for my main course. Both were fantastic. Spoke with Owner/Chef Sandra…Great guy with a good story. If you are looking for really good Italian dishes in a small intimate restaurant add AMARONE to your list.Special Features:
- Phenomenal mealOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/29/2014Among the best Italian I've had outside Italy, every dish was exploding with flavor, perfectly balanced and seasoned. A top competitor to LA's best Italian spots, ie Madeo, without the attitude and celebrity drama. Sandro and his team care for you like family and ensure a wonderful experience. Also, an excellent selection of Amarone wines at very reasonable prices. Amarone Kitchen is now among my favorites.Special Features:
- Amarone'sgerryzuDined on 8/23/2014We first came here last year on our yearly tour around the country. It was so ice. the owner is a great guy and does all that he can to make sure your meal is prepared exactly as you want it. This year was no exception. We brought along a couple of new guys and they were really picky but later raved about he great food and wine pairings. Simply a gGreat place to eat. If in the area, you've got to give them a shot.Special Features:
- Great little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Tucked away, this little restaurant am can often be over looked. I found it on open table and will definitely go back. Authentic Italian food cooked by what feels like family. Simply delicious, with great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, Authentic Italian in Weho!RobinhoodVIPDined on 8/8/2014Amarone is a bit of a hidden treasure in West Hollywood. The food and service are supberb. We've eaten here several times and each experience is better than the previous ones.Special Features:
- outstandingPrairieDogDined on 8/2/2014Food was outstanding as was the waiter and hostess. It was not very crowded , but then again we ate at old folks hour. The location is toward the iffy end of Sunset. Save room for the dessert !!! Check the specials and if they have a special of beef with a wine reduction sauce get it . It melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 272 reviews are from the Amarone Kitchen & Wine reviews archive.
- GDinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Each time I visit LA, I make sure that I stop here for dinner at least once. Sandro makes sure that he goes out of his way to be sure that you have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- RefreshingPaulVIPDined on 7/14/2014We booked this restauarnt based on its proximity to our hotel and was pleasantly impressd by the quality of the food and the friendly service. The fennel salad special was excellant! Quality of the food was great, especially good value for the price.Special Features:
- Great pre show dinner1800rockDined on 6/27/2014Went to a concert nearby and grabbed food and wine before the show. Waiter was informative and funny. We laughed, eat and drank a hard to find bottle of wine. Even allergies were not a problem.Special Features:
- LA's FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Amarone is a gem of a restaurant that is easy to overlook amongst the trendy LA restaurant scene. Intimate, quiet atmosphere where you will be treated like family. Coming from the NYC area where there are many great Italian restaurants, I rate Amarone at the top of my list regarding the food and wine list (all Italian wines). Being a seafood fan, I particularly enjoyed the Calamari, not breaded, and the specially prepared seared tuna. The panna cotta with fresh berries is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food & Wine List in LAFrancisVIPDined on 6/8/2014This is hands down the best Italian food I've had on the west coast. ...And I've been everywhere. Make sure to order the veal scallopini, fettuccine bolognese, spaghetti vongole, house made burrata and aged prosciutto, swordfish carpaccio, flowerless chocolate cake, and a great bottle of Italian wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/5/2014I went to one of my neighborhood restataurants and to a great surprise it was an amaz I went to one of my neighborhood restaurants and to a great surprise it was some of the best Italian food I have ever had. Homemade breads, pasta and deserts. The swordfish Carpaccio was amazing! Loved the sausage pasta and pork Milanese. The owner assisted us in selecting a delicious Italian wine. I can't wait to go back as there were many items on the menu that I want to try.Special Features:
- Fabulous find - highly recommendMachVIPDined on 5/30/2014A friend recommended the restaurant. We have lived in the area for 7 years and have never been. Went here with two friends and we all 4 LOVED the experience. Great friendly staff, excellent service and excellent food! We highly recommend and will be back!Special Features:
- JacarandaVIPDined on 5/22/2014Good food. The waiter was very nice and attentive. A bit overpriced. Small storefront type restaurant with no ambience in a run down area of Sunset Blvd. No valet or street parking. I had to park two blocks away in a public lot and pay $10. I wouldn't recommend it because there are so many other restaurants that offer a lot more for the same price or less.Special Features:
- We'll be back :)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/21/2014The most memorable part of our dining experience was our server but the food was also delicious. The presentation of the food was also more upscale/modern than typical Italian.Special Features:
- WowHappyTummyDined on 4/26/2014If you blink, you would drive right past this gem. And what a miss that would be. My wife and I, along with our friends, visited Amarone for the first time this past Saturday. All we can say about this place is Wow! Everything from the food to the service to the atmosphere was fabulous. In fact, they have the best mushroom risotto I have ever eaten. We will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014This is the second time I've been to Amarone and the experience was consistently excellent. The food is really out of this world. The space is great for a date in the front section, there is a back section as well that I have not yet seen which might be more for groups. I highly recommend a visit, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia Bene !MangaItaliaDined on 4/10/2014Amarone is a real neighborhood gem! Authentic Italian cuisine, great Italian wines and a thoroghly experineced and charming owner-host Sandro ! This place is great for those looking for a real personal dining experience. Also a great spot for later evening dining too, close to all the music venues on Sunset. Highly recommend Amarone !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food on the Sunset StripSPLocalDined on 4/7/2014We have been going to Amarone for years and it has never failed to be anything less than wonderful. It is the perfect mix of a neighborhood family restaurant and fine dining restaurant with a wonderful list of Italian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian Restaurant!DowntownFoodiesDined on 3/26/2014This is one of the best italian restaurants I have ever been to. My wife and I went on a Wednesday night, the waiter Gianfranco took such a good care of us, he was very attentive and professional. He assisted us with pairing wine and food dishes and had amazing recommendations. The atmosphere is pleasant and romantic. If you are on Sunset Blvd, YOU MUST CHECK THIS PLACE OUT! We highly recommend it and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/8/2014First time at Amarone and was very impressed. Small restaurant with authentic Italian food from their Tuscan chef. The service was excellent. Good wine list. Romantic. Overall a fantastic date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindFromawayVIPDined on 2/21/2014Was visiting from DC. This was a great little place. Food was very nice and service was perfect. Highly recommend it. One suggestion: If driving, pay to park in lot behind for $10. Signs on side streets are not clear. Parking attendants are extremely aggressive and obnoxious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gemLadoodieVIPDined on 2/15/2014Amarone is like eating at a dear friends house who is a great cook. It is super cozy, warm, friendly and extremely welcoming. When it comes to true Italian food, I would say it is very good as opposed to outstanding. You will have a lovely meal but it won't be the very best Italian you have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went on Valentines day and they looked busier than normal. It was our first time so nothing to compare it to. They had a temporary menu and could not do meats and cheese which is the reason we choose the restaurant from the online menu. The starter pea soup was to die for but my main course came and it was wrong order. When they brought back the right think my husbands meal was good but cold. Mine was not great - we definitely want to try again when it is not valentines day - I think we caught then on a night off. We would recommend the restaurant as it's very romantic and intimate but we wish the food had been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service; Drenched SaladsMikeBVIPDined on 2/8/2014Service was severely lacking. Only 7 tables & the staff was overwhelmed. Was an hour to get our salads. We waited 15 more minutes and the waiter asked if we wanted our entrees. Caprese salad was over dressed (drenched really) and the tomato was rock hard. The pear/walnut salad had the dressing just poured on top - and too much of it. The walnuts were so hard i thought they would break my teeth. The pounded pork chop was crispy and plentiful. The salad on the side of it was overdressed too. The mushroom ravioli was good. It was very hot upstairs - like a sauna. Couldn't wait to get out of there! Won't be back.
- TastySDCTDined on 2/7/2014Great place to eat on Sunset and walkable from many of the hotels. Good sized please with great food and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The scallop appetizer wasstilesVIPDined on 1/30/2014The scallop appetizer was very very good but did need some extra salt and pepper. The ahi tuna tartar was presented nicely but was totally bland.Special Features: