Amarone Kitchen & Wine
8868 W. Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Amarone Kitchen & Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amaronela.com/
- Phone: 3106522233x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Cater private functions /Special Events .
Please email Events@AmaroneLA.com
- Special Events: Special Event inquiries can be emailed to Events@AmaroneLA.com
A word from Amarone Kitchen & Wine
An intimate and cozy setting with a staff of Native Italians. We feature wines from all 20 regions of Italy .Our kitchen prepares all our sauces , breads , pastas , desserts and burrata in house daily .Continued
A Chef's tasting is always available upon requests.
A treat not to be missed .
Buon Appetito !
A Chef's tasting is always available upon requests.
A treat not to be missed .
Buon Appetito !
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Amarone Kitchen & Wine - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Amarone Kitchen & Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (13)romantic (13)special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Phenomenal mealOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/29/2014Among the best Italian I've had outside Italy, every dish was exploding with flavor, perfectly balanced and seasoned. A top competitor to LA's best Italian spots, ie Madeo, without the attitude and celebrity drama. Sandro and his team care for you like family and ensure a wonderful experience. Also, an excellent selection of Amarone wines at very reasonable prices. Amarone Kitchen is now among my favorites.Special Features:
- Amarone'sgerryzuDined on 8/23/2014We first came here last year on our yearly tour around the country. It was so ice. the owner is a great guy and does all that he can to make sure your meal is prepared exactly as you want it. This year was no exception. We brought along a couple of new guys and they were really picky but later raved about he great food and wine pairings. Simply a gGreat place to eat. If in the area, you've got to give them a shot.Special Features:
- Great little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Tucked away, this little restaurant am can often be over looked. I found it on open table and will definitely go back. Authentic Italian food cooked by what feels like family. Simply delicious, with great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, Authentic Italian in Weho!RobinhoodVIPDined on 8/8/2014Amarone is a bit of a hidden treasure in West Hollywood. The food and service are supberb. We've eaten here several times and each experience is better than the previous ones.Special Features:
- outstandingPrairieDogDined on 8/2/2014Food was outstanding as was the waiter and hostess. It was not very crowded , but then again we ate at old folks hour. The location is toward the iffy end of Sunset. Save room for the dessert !!! Check the specials and if they have a special of beef with a wine reduction sauce get it . It melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GDinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Each time I visit LA, I make sure that I stop here for dinner at least once. Sandro makes sure that he goes out of his way to be sure that you have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- RefreshingPaulVIPDined on 7/14/2014We booked this restauarnt based on its proximity to our hotel and was pleasantly impressd by the quality of the food and the friendly service. The fennel salad special was excellant! Quality of the food was great, especially good value for the price.Special Features:
- Great pre show dinner1800rockDined on 6/27/2014Went to a concert nearby and grabbed food and wine before the show. Waiter was informative and funny. We laughed, eat and drank a hard to find bottle of wine. Even allergies were not a problem.Special Features:
- LA's FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Amarone is a gem of a restaurant that is easy to overlook amongst the trendy LA restaurant scene. Intimate, quiet atmosphere where you will be treated like family. Coming from the NYC area where there are many great Italian restaurants, I rate Amarone at the top of my list regarding the food and wine list (all Italian wines). Being a seafood fan, I particularly enjoyed the Calamari, not breaded, and the specially prepared seared tuna. The panna cotta with fresh berries is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food & Wine List in LAFrancisVIPDined on 6/8/2014This is hands down the best Italian food I've had on the west coast. ...And I've been everywhere. Make sure to order the veal scallopini, fettuccine bolognese, spaghetti vongole, house made burrata and aged prosciutto, swordfish carpaccio, flowerless chocolate cake, and a great bottle of Italian wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/5/2014I went to one of my neighborhood restataurants and to a great surprise it was an amaz I went to one of my neighborhood restaurants and to a great surprise it was some of the best Italian food I have ever had. Homemade breads, pasta and deserts. The swordfish Carpaccio was amazing! Loved the sausage pasta and pork Milanese. The owner assisted us in selecting a delicious Italian wine. I can't wait to go back as there were many items on the menu that I want to try.Special Features:
- Fabulous find - highly recommendMachVIPDined on 5/30/2014A friend recommended the restaurant. We have lived in the area for 7 years and have never been. Went here with two friends and we all 4 LOVED the experience. Great friendly staff, excellent service and excellent food! We highly recommend and will be back!Special Features:
- JacarandaVIPDined on 5/22/2014Good food. The waiter was very nice and attentive. A bit overpriced. Small storefront type restaurant with no ambience in a run down area of Sunset Blvd. No valet or street parking. I had to park two blocks away in a public lot and pay $10. I wouldn't recommend it because there are so many other restaurants that offer a lot more for the same price or less.Special Features:
- We'll be back :)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/21/2014The most memorable part of our dining experience was our server but the food was also delicious. The presentation of the food was also more upscale/modern than typical Italian.Special Features:
- The following 262 reviews are from the Amarone Kitchen & Wine reviews archive.
- WowHappyTummyDined on 4/26/2014If you blink, you would drive right past this gem. And what a miss that would be. My wife and I, along with our friends, visited Amarone for the first time this past Saturday. All we can say about this place is Wow! Everything from the food to the service to the atmosphere was fabulous. In fact, they have the best mushroom risotto I have ever eaten. We will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014This is the second time I've been to Amarone and the experience was consistently excellent. The food is really out of this world. The space is great for a date in the front section, there is a back section as well that I have not yet seen which might be more for groups. I highly recommend a visit, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia Bene !MangaItaliaDined on 4/10/2014Amarone is a real neighborhood gem! Authentic Italian cuisine, great Italian wines and a thoroghly experineced and charming owner-host Sandro ! This place is great for those looking for a real personal dining experience. Also a great spot for later evening dining too, close to all the music venues on Sunset. Highly recommend Amarone !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food on the Sunset StripSPLocalDined on 4/7/2014We have been going to Amarone for years and it has never failed to be anything less than wonderful. It is the perfect mix of a neighborhood family restaurant and fine dining restaurant with a wonderful list of Italian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian Restaurant!DowntownFoodiesDined on 3/26/2014This is one of the best italian restaurants I have ever been to. My wife and I went on a Wednesday night, the waiter Gianfranco took such a good care of us, he was very attentive and professional. He assisted us with pairing wine and food dishes and had amazing recommendations. The atmosphere is pleasant and romantic. If you are on Sunset Blvd, YOU MUST CHECK THIS PLACE OUT! We highly recommend it and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/8/2014First time at Amarone and was very impressed. Small restaurant with authentic Italian food from their Tuscan chef. The service was excellent. Good wine list. Romantic. Overall a fantastic date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindFromawayVIPDined on 2/21/2014Was visiting from DC. This was a great little place. Food was very nice and service was perfect. Highly recommend it. One suggestion: If driving, pay to park in lot behind for $10. Signs on side streets are not clear. Parking attendants are extremely aggressive and obnoxious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gemLadoodieVIPDined on 2/15/2014Amarone is like eating at a dear friends house who is a great cook. It is super cozy, warm, friendly and extremely welcoming. When it comes to true Italian food, I would say it is very good as opposed to outstanding. You will have a lovely meal but it won't be the very best Italian you have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went on Valentines day and they looked busier than normal. It was our first time so nothing to compare it to. They had a temporary menu and could not do meats and cheese which is the reason we choose the restaurant from the online menu. The starter pea soup was to die for but my main course came and it was wrong order. When they brought back the right think my husbands meal was good but cold. Mine was not great - we definitely want to try again when it is not valentines day - I think we caught then on a night off. We would recommend the restaurant as it's very romantic and intimate but we wish the food had been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service; Drenched SaladsMikeBVIPDined on 2/8/2014Service was severely lacking. Only 7 tables & the staff was overwhelmed. Was an hour to get our salads. We waited 15 more minutes and the waiter asked if we wanted our entrees. Caprese salad was over dressed (drenched really) and the tomato was rock hard. The pear/walnut salad had the dressing just poured on top - and too much of it. The walnuts were so hard i thought they would break my teeth. The pounded pork chop was crispy and plentiful. The salad on the side of it was overdressed too. The mushroom ravioli was good. It was very hot upstairs - like a sauna. Couldn't wait to get out of there! Won't be back.
- TastySDCTDined on 2/7/2014Great place to eat on Sunset and walkable from many of the hotels. Good sized please with great food and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The scallop appetizer wasstilesVIPDined on 1/30/2014The scallop appetizer was very very good but did need some extra salt and pepper. The ahi tuna tartar was presented nicely but was totally bland.Special Features:
- food not so good.sol2soleDined on 1/20/2014The Dover Sole didn't come from Dover, it was way overpriced for the area, the home baked bread was too doughy, on a positive note the recommended wine was very good, the pea soup was excellent, but I dont think I will return.Special Features:
- This is one of Los Angeles"sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/16/2014This is one of Los Angeles"s best restaurants hands down. The service the food and the atmosphere A+ plus plus. A great place for casual dining or for a special romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great wine that'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/28/2013Good food, great wine that's properly chilled, Ask the owner to recommend an amarone and you won't be disappointed.,Special Features:
- Northern Italian gem !WillDined on 12/24/2013We were very impressed with this little Holbein the wall ! Truly delicious authentic and pleasing Veronese from the risotto to the Amarone and eclectic wine list Priced reasonably for. True foodiesSpecial Features:
- As always, the food, serviceSSBBVIPDined on 12/19/2013As always, the food, service and hospitality were incredibly great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining For FiveNashnoshDined on 12/14/2013Welcomed like we had been there before. Served like friends and fed like family. Food was spectacular. A must do when looking for authentic Italian prepared by an owner operator who cares. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeLoriHDined on 11/16/2013Sandro - host and chef extraordinaire! Always great food, always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming, cozy European-styleParislaDined on 11/16/2013Charming, cozy European-style romantic upstairs room that can get noisy when it's full, but is an unexpected oasis away from the stretch of Sunset around it. Delicious, always super fresh, Italian cuisine. Great wine list. Attentive, friendly service. A place we keep coming back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian!slitchford88Dined on 11/13/2013Homemade pastas, great wine list and desserts to die for. Great dining experience and the best customer service I have seen in a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian RestaurantAngieDined on 11/11/2013The homemade pasta & sauce is wonderful! The personal service is refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013I live in phoenix and make it a point to come here every time I'm in town. The food is amazing! And the staff couldn't be better.We had the same waiter as last time we was there, which was 8 months ago, and he remembered us! He could even point out where we sat and which chairs we were in! Impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!YespleaseDined on 11/9/2013My girlfriend and I chose Amarone for a romantic dinner based on reviews here and were SO glad we did! The food was perfect; hands-down the best pasta we have ever had! The service was inviting and genuine and our server was extremely knowledgable on wine pairings and explained all of our menu questions. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful charming littleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2013Wonderful charming little find. A hidden gem on the Sunset Strip. I would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner did not disappointDianaVIPDined on 11/3/2013Dinner did not disappoint - the service and the food were excellent, exactly what Italian should be! Highly recommend this restaurant for a quiet dinner.Special Features: