Amaro Pizzeria & Vino Lounge
28234 N. Tatum Blvd
Cave Creek, AZ 85331Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amaro Pizzeria & Vino Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amaroaz.com/
- Phone: 4805021920x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jon Spahr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Amaro Pizzeria & Vino Lounge
Discover Amaro! Be prepared to enjoy what may very well be described as "sensory-overload" as you experience a variety of alternatives for your dining, noshing and imbibing pleasure. Starting with aromas from our wood-fired oven baking our homemade bread and gourmet pizzas to the display behind the Charcuterie and Mozzarella Bar offering the finest in fresh, cured meats and cheeses as well as fresh salads and desserts prepared to order. Join us in our upscale, spacious dining room or enjoy a glass of wine in our comfortable and enticing lounge. Furnished with over-stuffed couches and providing clear unobstructed views of three large HD TV's. The Vino Lounge is the perfect environment for comfort, conversation and consumption of fine wine, spirits and congenial ambience.Continued
We look forward to introducing you to our upscale elegance where we welcome everyone from casual to formal. Our staff is committed to pleasing your palate and making each visit memorable!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amaro Pizzeria & Vino Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great foodMssybrittyVIPDined on 6/25/2014The pizza and salad was great! The staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 69 reviews are from the Amaro Pizzeria & Vino Lounge reviews archive.
- comfort food plusdaveVIPDined on 4/22/2014had an early dinner here, with a traditional menu mixed with neat choices, and enjoyed the experience. kind of a strip-mall-location, but wait staff did a great job, and the food and drinks were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeamazingDined on 2/21/2014Been here several times, and I am never disappointed. There were 3 of us and we ordered the 3 specials for the evening and shared. All of the dishes were fantastic.Special Features:
- nice surprisecapriDined on 2/18/2014We had eaten at this restaurant once before and did not like it.It has been under new ownership for a while and decided to give it another try. All the waitstaff that we came in contact with very friendly . The food was delicious.My husband had the steak and said it was very tender and loved the vegetables that were served with it.I had Sea Bass that also was delicious. So happy that the new owners are turning this around.Special Features:
- reviewJudyDined on 2/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The food was exceptional and our waiter was excellent. This is our 4th or 5th time here and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentine dinnerbw0001Dined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentines dinner we had a reservation for 7:30 and arrived right on time And we were seated right away. Thats wherr the good service ended. We were taken to a small bar table and whem i complained We were told we would have to wait until 10:00 pm for a normal sized table. We made due with the table even when our plates were over lapping and pushing tthe cheesecakehe others down if i used a knife to cut something. The music was to loud to hear each other and when we asked for coffee to go with the cheesecake it never arrived. I would not take a date to this place. Lastly, the food was just ok.Special Features:
- Frequent TravelerErnieDined on 2/12/2014Food and service were both outstanding. Maurizio's service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza Crust, but Too Noisy!JohnnyGastronomiqueVIPDined on 2/7/2014My second visit. Pizza was excellent, with a light, crispy crust. The other food was quite average. However, with all the hard wall and ceiling surfaces, the noise was deafening. There was live music in the bar, so the diners had to speak loudly at each other to be heard. The result was unpleasant. Even had trouble conversing with our server. I would come back for the pizza, but only during off hours, when it's quieter.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/3/2014We were staying at the Boulders and looking for a place for a nice dinner. Found this on open table and the reviews looked great. Don't be fooled by "Pizzeria" in the restaurant name. It was so much more. We had the meatballs as an appetizer - they melted in your mouth and had such a delicious flavor. We then had the veal piccata and cedar plank pork chop. Again delicious. Wish we lived closer so we could return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedWayzata1VIPDined on 1/3/2014The reviews we read for Amaro lead us to this restaurant. Our wait person was very poor. We had to ask for a wine menu at a "wine bar", it took forever to get bread (which was the equivalent to something from the grocery store), and she seemed to not know what she was doing. My husband's veal piccata was good while my chicken parm was probably the worst I have had. It is 2 HUGE pieces of chicken with marinara that has no flavor, neither does the chicken. The pasta was so overcooked that it was mushy. We heard another guest send their food back because it was cold.We were not offered coffee or a dessert menu. A person (manager?) stopped by our table to ask how our dinner was, when I replied "not so good", she responded with an "oh" and left.
- Great restaurant!HungryOneVIPDined on 1/3/2014I found this restaurant on Open Table and decided to give it a try. Delicious food and dessert - will definitely be back - good service as well and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealCarefreeSandraDined on 11/29/2013First dinner I've had here under the new owners and it was as good as I remember. My friend and I split the kale house salad which was awesome and I had the pork chop and loved it. She had the shrimp scampi and loved it as well. Dan Emrey was playing who I love and we had a nice time. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceluv2dineVIPDined on 11/15/2013It is so nice to have a restaurant of this caliber in the Northeast Valley. Food is delicious. Happy hour specials are excellent. People are friendly, and love the wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for your commentsslowVIPDined on 11/10/2013Thank you to the Open Table members who rated this restaurant. I'm from Texas and was looking for something near the MIM before a concert. Your reviews sent me to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, food, ambiance, live musickhazVIPDined on 11/7/2013The service was excellent. Had the freshly-made pasta with clams in white wine sauce - excellent! Sea bass was also excellent as was the bread. Good wine list. Happy to discover they have live music! Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will return (and bringEvelynDined on 10/2/2013We will return (and bring our family) Good experienceSpecial Features:
- AmraoCreekerDined on 8/16/2013The food is delicious and different. It has all the Italian favorites but with a twist. The Kantuk salad is a Cobb, prepared table side with totally unexpected ingredients and is delicious. The bruschetta are crispy garlicky wedges topped with ripe, sweet tomato chunks. We took friends to celebrate our 44 anniversary and the staff could not have been more accommodating. They prepared our favorite drink to our specifications and as well as adding to their delicious vanilla gelato the items we asked for. A gem of a restaurant. It is not a chain so there are no copies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent. FoodDennisDined on 7/20/2013Service was excellent. Food was good. people working there were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have dined here before andluv2dineDined on 6/22/2013I have dined here before and really enjoyed the great food. The noise level from the performer was too loud. A manager had asked us about the noise level and we stated it was too loud. It was quieter for maybe 2 songs and then super loud again, almost like she was shouting into the mic. It is supposed to be background music not where we were all shouting to hear one another. Very warm in the restaurant to the point of sweating. It looks like they have changed owners since didn't see the previous ones there. Not sure if I would go back again until they got the kinks out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!SeanDined on 6/1/2013We came and ate here last saturday and the food and service was great! We were also surprised when the live music started and she was great! Overall it was a great experience and we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local restoNevilleNosherVIPDined on 5/9/2013We wanted to like Amaro because it is less than 15 min from our home. The friendly server attended to all of our needs quite efficiently and our meal was very good. We started with the fried calamari and spinach salad which the server recommended sharing (it was quite generous) although the squid was a little crisper than i like. We both had the halibut with a white bean and tomato succotash, which was excellent. The fish was fresh and perfectly cooked and the beans were a tasty and unusual accompaniment. I should also mention that the bread was fresh and crusty and it was served with some nice olive oil. The value was good and we would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Great Food but high prices....AAinAZDined on 4/28/2013Food was excellent but a bit pricey. With Barro's and Rosati's Pizza in the same area, it is tough for a pizza restaurant to make it. We went Sunday evening and there was no live music as our waiter (Drew) thought there would be. The Mexican place next store seemed to be the place to be and was very busy. With the prices on the high side, it would seem difficult for Amaro's to make it in this area with two low end pizza places a stones throw away.Special Features:
- Nice surprise in the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2013We enjoyed a nice family meal. Food was tasty. Generous portion size (especially for the desserts.) Our server was engaging and helpful. Fun night for all. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Especially great pizza andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Especially great pizza and seafood! Meatballs are also outstanding but my absolute favorite menu item is the Kantak Chop salad. Amaro's is great for any occasion from a romantic dinner for two to a family-style dinner with kids in tow.Special Features:
- very disappointed. We usedLovestoeatVIPDined on 4/4/2013very disappointed. We used to come here but It's been a while since we have been back and now there most likely wont be a next time.i could tell that everyone was a little shocked at the menu. Pretty limited but VERY Expensive.we ordered calamari. We got cardboard texture drowning in a garlic butter sauce- sent it back. My kids pizza came out and the crust was burned. My father orderd a bowl of minestrone soup. It looked like a 4oz serving in a 24 oz bowl. We joked that it was someone's leftovers from the next table. Oh wait- there was no one else there. My mother ordered the rigatoni bolognese- no flavor.
- The pizza was excellent; theDrHankVIPDined on 3/29/2013The pizza was excellent; the thin crust cooked in wood-fired ovens produced a perfect consistency and a delightful flavor. The pasta dish we ordered (gnocchi) was fine, but nothing great. So we recommend going for the pizza and the wine.
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2013The food was excellent. The pizzas are nice portions and quite tasty. The tagliatelle was hearty and the pasta was homemade. The waiter was really nice and enthusiastic. We had never eaten there before, so I'm not sure if it's always this busy. We had to wait 15 minutes for our 7:30 reservation and then were seated next to a large group of pre-prom? Teenage girls. Not the best. But the live music coming from the bar was great! We would try it again when in town as the food we delicious.Special Features:
- Not just a pizza joint. GreatDoniamhVIPDined on 3/15/2013Not just a pizza joint. Great ambiance, excellent, fresh food and the evening I was there good music - loud, but good.Special Features:
- The drive was worth it.IndividualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2013The drive was worth it.Individual portions not over done, great job!Special Features:
- Our party of 6 each enjoyedJule1957VIPDined on 2/24/2013Our party of 6 each enjoyed our dinner. Everything came out hot. Portions were more than adequate. Will definitely come back.
- Awesome food! Not what youOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2013Awesome food! Not what you would think when you pull up to the place (in a strip mall). Very cool place, and even kid-friendly for a late night meal.Special Features:
- GREAT Spot for business dinnerHusker69VIPDined on 2/21/2013This was a wonderful choice for our group we had a wonderful dinner and the service was excellent. It was so good in fact we went back a couple of days later on our own. Wonderful, wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we came backHusker69VIPDined on 2/19/2013Wonderful find in Northern Scottsdale...LOVE it will definitely be back when we are back in PHX.Special Features:
- After three nights in Phoenix/ScottOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013After three nights in Phoenix/Scottsdale and going out to eat at " chain type " restaurants that were loud and noisy, we found Amaro and nice alternative. Great food, wonderful and friendly service, and a place where we could actually carry on a conversation at the table.
- Pleasantly Surprised!amazingDined on 2/15/2013I had a GREAT time here. It is an elegant/contemporary setting, nice but not stuffy. It is dressed down fine dining. The food was fantastic. Our server, Jamie, was amazing. I have already told people to go here. I will be back soon.Special Features:
- We love this place..... ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We love this place..... Service is wonderful, food is delicious and priced fairly. Live music is a plus...... Owner is really nice!Special Features:
- The food was great, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The food was great, but the service needs improvement. We were treated as an afterthought by our waiter. They ran out of bread for dinner on Valentines Day! The manager was very matter-of-fact about it and completely non-apologetic. In all honesty, it may just been a bad day for them, but it would have been better if the manager would have at least acted like he cared.
- Very understaffed for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013Very understaffed for Valentines Day. Ran out of special early, services was poor. Staff was in blue jeans and un tucked, random shirts. More like a bar than a restaurant.
- Don't goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Valentines day not the night to go there. Understaffed and not enuf serving dishes. Jamie kept telling us us food was coming but he lied. It took 1 1/2 hrs to receive our food. Wrong wine glasses. Not enuf help for the evening
- Great and varied Italian menusherrill53Dined on 2/1/2013Great and varied Italian menu - gnocchi to die for! Excellent waitress who was very knowledgeable and attentive. A tad bit on the noisy side with the live band in the bar but we were still able to carry on an intimate conversation. Will definitely go back!Special Features: