105 E Lancaster Ave
Downingtown, PA 19335Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amanisbyob.com/
- Phone: (484) 237-8179
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Amann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Amani"s BYOB also offers full service catering, for both off premise and on premise events. From weddings, rehearsal dinners, baby and bridal showers, corporate luncheons, and everything in between, Amani's BYOB can provide a personalized menu for your specific needs. Please contact Jeanine Amann at email@example.com for more information and party planning assistance.
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve the entire restaurant for your party or event needs. Contact Jeanine Amann at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. .
- Private Party Contact: Jeanine Amann 6103160146x
- Special Events: Our Surf or Turf Menu is available every Monday at Amani's BYOB! Three courses for only $35. Please visit our website at www.amanisbyob.com to see the full menu. Our regular dinner menu is also available in addition to our Surf or Turf Menu.
A word from Amani's BYOB
Amani's BYOB focuses on providing a menu which incorporates the best local ingredients available each season, enabling the chef to utilize local farmers and promote local business. Amani's puts a twist on the traditional BYOB theme by offering a creative selection of mixers to be paired with the various spirits that our guests provide. Our chef, Jonathan Amann, has won the title of "Best Chef in Chester County" for the past three years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Amani's BYOB - Best Restaurants in Downingtown ›
Amani's BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)fit for foodies (94)special occasion (64)romantic (42)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (13)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (10)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Entire experience was amazing!JLS1978Dined on 11/20/2014We have known about Amani for years, and we had never been. We will definitely be back!!! The food is remarkable, the service is outstanding, which makes for a stellar experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningShazam0423Dined on 11/17/2014Loved the quiet solitude on a recent Monday night celebrating an anniversary with my boyfriend. The Jazz soundtrack added to the laid back ambiance. Our waiter was excellent giving advice on the specials & other questions of the menu. I liked that the kitchen is part of the atmosphere & visible to those dining. Great food. I especially like the Grilled Oysters Armani. A must appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing all aroundErinDined on 11/13/2014Our server was very knowledgeable, providing great recommendations for our main course and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy night at AmaniBuntzVIPDined on 11/12/2014We had a nice dinner, albeit with servers obviously rushing around on a busy Wednesday evening. The butternut squash bisque was thick and tasty, among the best we've had. My wife's roasted goat cheese salad was delicious as her entree. My grouper with pistachio crust was nicely presented, but a bit over cooked for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backkgarciaDined on 11/8/2014I frequently go to Amani's and am never disappointed with the food or service. The only thing it really lacks in an ambiance as far as decor and a little music. It is upper scale restaurant cuisine and pricing with cafe type decor (white picket fence, plastic panelling and light green inside) ....kinda "beachy". Love the open kitchen, service is fantastic and the dinner settings are nice...classy and simple. I continuously go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 11/8/2014The Amani team consistently delivers great food and service. Our favorite BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!HeidiDined on 11/8/2014I have been to this restaurant twice. Once with a large group and once with just my husband. Great BYOB. I love the food and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So-SolovefoodDined on 11/7/2014Had the special -- veal steak. It was too thick, tough, and no flavor. The mussels in apple cider were weird -- not a good combination. The strip steak was very good, as were the goat cheese dumplings. People were yelling to be heard above the noise.
- Delicious and delightfullimoncelloDined on 11/6/2014The best first date ever! We had such a lovely evening the time seemed to pass almost instantaneously. The grilled octopus was delicious and my pork porterhouse was superb. The free Limoncello was the perfect surprise at the end of the evening. I would love to go back for lunch or brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentouttodinnerDined on 11/1/2014We went with three couples for dinner on a Saturday night. We had an excellent meal and will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BridgeexpertVIPDined on 10/25/2014Excellent chef and interesting menu,place is noisy and quite busy.Special Features:
- What took me so long?dragonflydameDined on 10/25/2014Had the pleasure of dining at Amani 's Saturday night. I had heard about this restaurant for some time now but never got myself there to try it ( little bit of a hike from Newtown Square). Glad that I finally got there! The food was outstanding! I was with my husband and four friends. We each ordered something different for our main course and everyone was happy with their meal. So much so that there was not too much sharing going on. No one wanted to part with any of their selection! I especially liked the warm Brussel Sprout and Radiccio salad. The waiter was very helpful and attentive. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- judyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Extremely creative and deliciously executed. Great service. Love the byob.I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie mustLeoGDined on 10/18/2014This was probably the third time we have gone to Amani's. Typically a special occasion- in this case a treat for my birthday. Reservation is a must on weekends. Even with one still got the worst table in the house. Literally sat right by the door hinges of the main entrance. This place is "cozy" but the food definitely makes up for it. The fact that its a BYOB is just a big bonus. I plan to come back with the request not to be seated at the table against the main entrance ( in the colder months).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014First time at location overall great experience. No prices on the menue so when we got the bill it was a little ahocking but still worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dani9Dined on 10/17/2014I've been to Amanis 3 times now. Every time it gets better and better. It's my go to place for a nice dinner for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/17/2014Love this byob! Food is excellent with great options. A little pricey, so byo helps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- francophileDined on 10/17/2014This place provided a very romantic setting for a special night out for us. The food was incredible - we both chose dishes off the specials menu and both were delicious. I highly recommend going in time for the fall menu beacuse the the pumpkin tiramisu was divine. The service, ambience, and food made for a perfect evening.Special Features:
- local, fresh and yummy!wjdinersDined on 10/14/2014Every thing we had was wonderful... Cheese plate, free range chicken and short rib gnocchi, and bb bread pudding and the peach blackberry tart. Great service, ambience and perfect dishes!! We' all be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuntzVIPDined on 10/13/2014Dinner on Monday evening was our first visit to Amani's and we will be back. The menu is extensive and was supplemented by several specials, giving us many choices. My wife's grouper was beautifully prepared and she finished it, a bit unusual for a light eater. I had the butternut squash bisque to start, a velvety smooth, flavorful concoction indeed. My entree was the chicken breast special stuffed with prosciutto in a wonderful sauce. It was quite tasty, but lacked enough of the delicious ham I was expecting. Dessert was a good, not-too-sweet bread pudding that we split. The amuse bouche to start and the complimentary Limoncello to finish were nice touches. Rick's service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute little placeMeg720Dined on 10/10/2014Amani's was a cute small place. It was a little loud for my liking but that might be due to its size. The food was delicious and came out perfect.Special Features:
- Seattle Foodie Very Pleaseddubt8Dined on 10/8/2014Having lived in Seattle, WA for quite a few years my palate had outgrown a lot of what rural PA has to offer but Amani's was outstanding! It brought me right back to Seattle living and eating which was a very welcome surprise! The waiter was extremely attentive and helpful especially with my sometimes difficult food allergy. It was a FANTASTIC experience and we are planning our next visit soon!Special Features:
- Food was EXCELLENT!misssashaDined on 10/8/2014"Girls Night Out" for 4 of us and we all really enjoyed our meals. I ordered the filet mignon and it was the best I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner!DutchieDined on 10/5/2014I had been several times to Amani for lunch but the dinner experience was 5 stars!I brought my husband and inlaws this time. Besides the great service the food was wonderful.Go try it for yourself if your are a fish lover , a steak eater or vegetarian they have a meal for you that is very enjoyable. Do not expect large portions but delicately put together dishes enough to please your pallet!!Try the cheesecake style appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarFoodiesDined on 10/4/2014Always a great meal with stellar service. Love that it's BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinnerready2eatDined on 10/4/2014A wonderful restaurant in the heart of Downingtown! Our meal was outstanding we loved the fact that they use local farms for their ingredients. The service was quick and attentive, but not looking to push us out the door on a busy night. We are definitely planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceilvwineDined on 10/1/2014Amani's is a wonderful little BYOB in Downingtown. The food is all fresh, made with some local ingredients. The desserts are all made in house. A few items were ok, but most were delicious. One of the cheeses on the cheese plate was a very hard, very mild gouda, which made it really hard to cut. The calamari was a mixture of calamari and onions. I would have preferred just calamari. It was hard to tell the pieces apart. And the coconut creme brûlée was good, but the tropical fruit on top didn't mesh with the creme brûlée flavors. However, the truffle cheesecake, oysters, the other cheeses and the lemon cake were amazing. We finished with Amani's homemade lemoncello. It was a very nice date night.Special Features:
- I'm a foodie.... and a regular!MagsDined on 9/30/2014Highly recommend the normal sized portions, locally sourced, well prepared protein, creative mixes, well paired meals! Fun cheese platters always well paired. The bread pudding is so so (not swimming in rhum sauce as I like! )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Good FriendsDj11clearyDined on 9/28/2014Dinner at Amani's with the Girls put a nice ending to a busy weekend! From the cheesecake appetizer to the wonderful beet salad, fig salad, and citrus chowder followed by to the grouper and filet we all shared...it was perfection. To finish the evening we each had a sipper of the homemade limoncello and split the dark chocolate tart and blueberry bread pudding. The three of us will definitely return and maybe with our husbands too! Our server Vinny was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!lookaheadDined on 9/27/2014We had marvelous food. Unlike an earlier reviewer, we had nicely seasoned crabcakes. The salad topped with warm figs (stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in prosciutto, then roasted) was exceptional. Pastry for peach/blackberry pie was thin and flaky, a hallmark of a great pastry chef.Special Features:
- really loudcrphillyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very good food, but sit outside if you can get a table. Inside you can''t hear yourself think.Special Features:
- Reliably wonderfulfoodie2VIPDined on 9/27/2014Attentive service and a delicious meal, as my husband enjoyed his filet cooked to perfection and my tuna steak was prepared exactly as requested. We look forward to returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and flavorfuljanbrinks12Dined on 9/27/2014The food and service were fantastic. Very unique combinations of flavors and menu choices made for a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most good - entree so sogemini2VIPDined on 9/27/2014The appetizers were terrific -- calamari and the "cheese cake". Special halibut was perfectly cooked but bland. Other in our party enjoyed their entrees. Maybe just an off night as all other meals have been delicious.Special Features:
- Second Chance2ndChanceVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had been there years ago on a Sunday Night and was underwhelmed. Gave it a second chance on a Sat night and it was superb. Well done. Just don't want the table by the door! Alittle busySpecial Features:
- Nothing but the best!HelloDinnerForTwoDined on 9/20/2014I have been to Amanis countless times, I have raved about how they are my favorite restaurant over and over again. This past weekend my boyfriend and I went for brunch and it was, once again, phenomenal! I had the pork belly eggs benny and I could have eaten them for breakfast every day this week. My boyfriend had the prosciutto and eggs, and although little salty they were also delicious. Don't forget to bring your own champagne to make mimosas!! We will definitely be back for brunch again soon. Also, it's very quiet for brunch. If you go around dinner it can be crowded and noisy, but it was a nice change of pace in the late mornings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amani is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Noting our anniversary, they put us in a very private seat. The service from start to to finish was wonderfu. Rick took great care of us! The food was definitely delicious and we will be going back again!Special Features:
- So disappointingFunfoodieDined on 9/12/2014After reading such great reviews, I was so disappointed in the food. One strip steak was doused in salt, the short ribs were covered in pepper. My crab cakes had absolutely no seasoning. Tots all waste of money and a date night with friends. The highlight was the outside dining area.Special Features:
- great findRobertGravesVIPDined on 9/12/2014this was our first experience at Amini's BYOB. The food was fresh, the menu was varied, and the staff were extremely friendly. We had no expectations went we arrived and had not heard of Amini. They are a surprise that is easily worth the drive out to Dowingtown. We intend to return and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DmCcka13Dined on 9/12/2014We ate at Amani's for the second time on Saturday at 5:30. We ate outside. They were very accommodating in placing the umbrellas in such a way that we were totally out of the sun. Bob, our waiter, was excellent. Two other couples joined us. It was their first visit. They were quite impressed with the menu, the service and the food. They will both be back. The food is well presented. The owner came out and said hello. It is a well run restaurant and very friendly wait staff.Special Features: