105 E Lancaster Ave
Downingtown, PA 19335Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amanisbyob.com/
- Phone: 4842378179x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Amann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Amani"s BYOB also offers full service catering, for both off premise and on premise events. From weddings, rehearsal dinners, baby and bridal showers, corporate luncheons, and everything in between, Amani's BYOB can provide a personalized menu for your specific needs. Please contact Jeanine Amann at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and party planning assistance.
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve the entire restaurant for your party or event needs. Contact Jeanine Amann at email@example.com for more information. .
- Private Party Contact: Jeanine Amann 6103160146x
- Special Events: Our Surf or Turf Menu is available every Monday at Amani's BYOB! Three courses for only $35. Please visit our website at www.amanisbyob.com to see the full menu. Our regular dinner menu is also available in addition to our Surf or Turf Menu.
A word from Amani's BYOB
Amani's BYOB focuses on providing a menu which incorporates the best local ingredients available each season, enabling the chef to utilize local farmers and promote local business. Amani's puts a twist on the traditional BYOB theme by offering a creative selection of mixers to be paired with the various spirits that our guests provide. Our chef, Jonathan Amann, has won the title of "Best Chef in Chester County" for the past three years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Amani's BYOB - Best Restaurants in Downingtown ›
Amani's BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (59)romantic (40)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Amani is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Noting our anniversary, they put us in a very private seat. The service from start to to finish was wonderfu. Rick took great care of us! The food was definitely delicious and we will be going back again!Special Features:
- So disappointingFunfoodieDined on 9/12/2014After reading such great reviews, I was so disappointed in the food. One strip steak was doused in salt, the short ribs were covered in pepper. My crab cakes had absolutely no seasoning. Tots all waste of money and a date night with friends. The highlight was the outside dining area.Special Features:
- great findRobertGravesDined on 9/12/2014this was our first experience at Amini's BYOB. The food was fresh, the menu was varied, and the staff were extremely friendly. We had no expectations went we arrived and had not heard of Amini. They are a surprise that is easily worth the drive out to Dowingtown. We intend to return and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DmCcka13Dined on 9/12/2014We ate at Amani's for the second time on Saturday at 5:30. We ate outside. They were very accommodating in placing the umbrellas in such a way that we were totally out of the sun. Bob, our waiter, was excellent. Two other couples joined us. It was their first visit. They were quite impressed with the menu, the service and the food. They will both be back. The food is well presented. The owner came out and said hello. It is a well run restaurant and very friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchDuvinDined on 9/12/2014As always great food and service. We are never disappointed when we done hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!!!TravelinguyDined on 9/9/2014First time at Amani's, and won't be our last! My wife and I had dinner here, during the week, after hearing good things, and we weren't disappointed. The oyster's amani, was a stand out appetizer. We could have eaten dozens of them, they were that good. My wife had the duck, and I had the rack of lamb, which was the special that evening. Both were very good. Being a byob, was the icing on the cake. Cant' wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodPAMikeDined on 9/8/2014Great and delicious choices of menu items. All 5 at the table had memorable meals. Beef filets ($30.) were cooked to perfection and my grouper was a good size and really flavorful. Service was attentive and pleasant. They change their menu seasonally and the chef won Best Of Chesco-- Having had this meal I fully understand why! Free parking in lot accross the street several stores down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor decor!GoodtasteVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have dined here on several occasions, and the cuisine is consistently high quality. The decor desperately needs an upgrade. The sophistication of the food should be matched to the decor, and when so mismatched, it takes from the experience. Otherwise, the chef and his team are truly excellent, and I think with some minor upgrades, this could be a highly notable establishment.Special Features:
- A local gemDM42Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I are new to the area and have dined at Armani's several times. The food is always delicious, with surprise twists and turns. We enjoy talking with the servers who are knowledgable about the food preparation. A very relaxing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014First time here-heard great reviews about it. Server seemed to be in a rush (didn't give us too much time to look at the menu), we had to keep asking for more time to look it over. Amuse-bouche was a great carpaccio of some sort. App (grilled clams) was amazing! Temps on the duck and veal were off however. Asked for med rare and we both received them well done. Was still delicious though. Complimentary limoncello shots were a nice palette cleanser and the strawberry shortcake with basil syrup presented in a cast iron skillet was a fantastic dessert. Would def recommend this restaurant to other couples, but make sure the heat on the grill isn't too high which is what the server suspected was the cause.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amani'sfoodaholicVIPDined on 8/31/2014Recommended to us and it was fabulous. Worth the drive from Wayne. BYOB a real plus and will definitely return sooner rather than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlauraDined on 8/31/2014there is always something new and delicious to try at this wonderful restaurant in the heart of DowningtownSpecial Features:
- Maybe my standards are too high....ReviewsThatCountDined on 8/29/2014Tons of great reviews, and I don't have to drive to the city? MY SO and I went on 8/29/14 The food: We started with the Cheese Steak Rolls, and they were very greasy the frier must not have been up to temp. My SO had the Crab cakes which were cold in the center but burned on the bottom, and the sauce on top was lumpy. I had the chicken dish which the waiter said was his favorite. The chicken was piping hot, rubbery, and not seasoned well. Only thing I can figure is it must have been reheated in a microwave because the skin was soggy (if it was roasted at the internal temp the chicken was at the skin would be crunchy), the best part of the plate was the whipped potatoes and veggies, but the veggies were slathered with butter.
- Another great experience!lovestruckjewelDined on 8/29/2014This was our second time at Amani's, and we're glad we came back. We only wish it was located in a larger space. Even though we were located at the front window seat, the tables seemed a little crammed together...when we were seated it took my husband a couple minutes to sit down because another party was standing by the door. Also, it was a little difficult to have a conversation because of the noise level. Despite that, the food remains excellent. We highly enjoyed our chowder and beet root salad for starters, the filet carpaccio and scallop fritters for appetizers, and salmon and short ribs for entrees. Service was pretty good. We understand why Amani's has become a popping popular place. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014this place is definitely special, incredible food, service, and ambiance!!!Special Features:
- Amazing FlavorFoodieWC2104Dined on 8/17/2014Went with a friend for a Sunday dinner - every bite was amazing, grilled oyster appetizer and aragula salad to start. I had the filet - cooked perfectly medium rare, and my friend had the crabcakes - best lump crab I've seen in a while. Dessert also filled with flavor - lemon pudding cake and the ricotta cheesecake. And nice touch with a bit of smoked salmon, chef's tasting and the limoncello offering at dessert. We can see why the chef has been rated top in Chester County! It was quiet but I have been there on more crowded nights and the space is a little tight. Go Sunday, or weeknight!Special Features:
- Amazing FoodPeaches89Dined on 8/15/2014Our group of six has tried many times to dine at this restaurant but there is never an open reservation. We finally were able to book a table and now we know why its so hard to get a reservation. The food is outstanding as well as reasonably priced. I ordered the filet and it was the best filet I have ever eaten. I would rate Amani's as one of the best restaurants in the area and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot Stays GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been going to Amani's since it opened and it is a consistent, fine experience. The menu changes often enough to offer even regulars a change worth trying. The service is friendly but professional, quick but never hurried. It can be noisy, especially with groups of six or larger who bring many, many bottles, but festive and happy makes a good dining environment. This visit brought some new desert offerings, the strawberry shortcake sampled would have been better with warm shortcake, but no hot mini-skillet to melt the whipped cream. Go! They take their food seriously, but not themselves.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Food was good - as usual. I miss some of the old menu items but the regulars are really great as are the specials. Sunday night prix fixe is a bargain.Special Features:
- Didn't meet expectationsCorbs1251VIPDined on 8/2/2014So much fuss about this restaurant being a Diners Choice winner - but IMO it didn't live up to the hype. I ordered the gazpacho, a summer tradition, and it was just OK. A disappointment, really, as a good gazpacho is a delight! My dining partner did enjoy the spinach salad - unique with an egg atop. For our entree's, I had the tuna steak and my partner had a fillet of beef. The saffron rice that accompanied my tuna steak was tasteless and gummy however, the snap peas were perfectly done and tasty. My partner noted that his steak could have taken a nice sear on the outside for additional flavor. I guess I was expecting a bit more. The noise level is not energetic - it is painful!Special Features:
- less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Calamari appetizer was great and my main entree was a Ribeye that we both enjoyed. The onion soup was eh. My wife's tuna was overcooked.Special Features:
- Delicious seasonal fresh food!MaiaDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I loved our meal! Everything was delicious, portions just right (not too much, but we left full), interesting choices with something for everyone. They rely on fresh ingredients for taste, not just butter/oil and salt! Bring not only your bottle of wine, but also your vodka or rum - they have amazing-sounding virgin cocktails and will add your alcohol for an incredible cocktail. We will be back!Special Features:
- too loudpolishprincessDined on 7/26/2014I suppose that most restaurants now are so noisy that you have a hard time hearing your dinner guests. Food was excellent but ambiance could have been a little more upscale for the prices and noise level too loud.Special Features:
- Best Tuna I ever had!bevandloDined on 7/23/2014The service and food were outstanding at Amani's. I had the tuna, and my friend had the salmon. We both said it was the best we ever had. I would recommend this restaurant to any adult-not so much for children. Prices were a little high, but it was bring you own, which helped on the cost of the wine.Special Features:
- Gotta Go BYObmy19Dined on 7/20/2014I was introduced to the awesome food at Amani's in late '13 and have been back 4x since. I have never been disappointed. The problem is I just can't order it all. The inventive seasonal soups (Vichyssoise, gazpacho, smoked onion), the apps, salads, and of course the selection of entrees (I love the duck) make Amani's a fine meal to pair with your favorite bottle of wine. Make room for dessert, if you can!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningouttodinnerDined on 7/18/2014Our meal with two friends at Amanis was superb. Everything was spot on. The food, the ambience, the service. We could not have improved anything. Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!DtownerDined on 7/18/2014Amazing place! Food was outstanding, everything was extremely fresh and tasteful. Service was also outstanding - Went for an early dinner so it was not crowded. Great BYOB.Special Features:
- Great food but getting crowdedKathyBDined on 7/10/2014The secret's out as its getting harder to drop in and get a table. Food is very good and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Appetizers were terrific and a hefty portion. Short rib pasta had no outstanding flavors- and needed salt. Duck breast special was a bit tough in spots- but tasty in general. Loved the cherry coulee.Special Features:
- Fresh Garden to table menuBigguyVIPDined on 7/6/2014If you are looking for attention to detail with your food, then Amani is worth the drive to Downingtown.Special Features:
- Always the bestfoodie2VIPDined on 7/6/2014We always love eating at Amani's BYOB! The food is fresh and prompt, the service is excellent, and we wish we lived closer to Amani's BYOB. Look forward to get there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great service, delicious food, and friendly staff!Special Features:
- Spectacular!kevinbevee14Dined on 7/5/2014I have dined at Amani's for lunch several times, but not for dinner. The service was superb! I hesitate to dine out due to my several unusual allergies, but our waiter, Bob, was thorough in speaking to the kitchen staff about every ingredient. The food was outstanding: fresh and cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend this dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Service was really slow and the food, although good, was not great and pricy for what we got. Key lime pie, however, was super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm Fresh ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014One of the best BYOB small restaurants in Chester County! The food is creative, fresh and served perfectly cooked every time, and as a foodie myself I love the open kitchen/access to the chef and his team. The space is small, so when it is full the noise level can be fairly high, but meal makes it worth the extra noise, believe me.Special Features:
- Never disappointingfoodie2VIPDined on 6/27/2014Meals at Amani's BYOB are always fantastic. The food is fresh, the combinations are subtle and well assembled, and the choices make it easy for everyone in your party to have a great lunch or dinner. The service is cheerful and right on the mark, arriving when you need them but never overbearing. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- ma1234Dined on 6/24/2014One of the most creative and delicious meals we've ever had. We were truly blown away by the meal we had. Everything from appetizers to dessert was exceptional and full of so much flavor. The samples compliments of the chef were unbelievable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an amazing eveningNiteoutDined on 6/23/2014Plan on spending some time here...talking, enjoying each course, relaxing in a very low key atmosphere. You will not be disappointed in any fashion. This is one of the best BYOB restaurants in the area, with local fare and a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Happy AgainMrEatsalotDined on 6/21/2014Our waiter Bob remembered us from New Year's and he welcomed us back. The Salmon Belly Crudo appetizer was excellent. Served on thin shavings of cucumber with a delightful dressing, and grape tomatoes. My wife had the crab croquettes, she loved them. They're Oyster on the half shell selection never disappoints. This time we split 2 Long Island, 2 Chesapeake, and 2 Rhode Island. Rhode Island's won but all were satisfying. I had the NY Strip Special because every time I'm there I'm disapointed if I don't get a steak after smelling the chef fire one up on the grill. I was not disapointed. The steak was perfectly charred and med rare. Fat was like meat butter, not tough. The stone fruit egg rolls for dessert are a must have at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chester County Winner!NoshDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I devised our plan to dine in Chester County restaurants; ones that neither of us had ever been too until this summer, 2014! My turn to pick first, and I took a friend's recommendation for our first " summer restaurant adventure". From the delicious fragrance of fresh seafood that greeted us to the hip and happy vibe, we have ranked this one of our new top five favorites. The cheese board appetizer followed by the seafood Grouper Special and my Sea Bass entree beyond our expectation. Amani's friendly and knowledgeable servers were icing on the cake. Portions were perfect for us as we prefer not having "doggy bags." A special romantic evening with a great bottle of BYOB Chardonnay did not disappoint.Special Features: