908 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amandasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2017980101x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Rodney Petersen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Amanda's can provide off-site catering for groups of most sizes within the area. To view our catering menu, please visit our website www.amandasrestaurant.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Amanda's provides the perfect venue for a personalized party with private dining rooms that accommodate from 10-90 guests. Saturday and Sunday Brunch parties seem favored for baby and bridal showers as well as baptismal celebrations. We also host dinner parties for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and corporate dinners. For parties of twelve guests or more, we ask that the party host/hostess pre-select a menu so that their guests will choose from a personalized menu. We are happy to accommodate special menu preferences.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan 2017980101x
- Cross Street: between 9th & 10th Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: While parking in Hoboken can be a challenge, we offer validation for the Little Man Parking Garage on 12th & Hudson Streets. Simply tell the attendants you are dining at Amanda's & they will provide you a ticket which we will validate at the restaurant. (Please note that we are unable to provide validation for our early dinner guests.)
A word from Amanda's Restaurant
Amanda's has been delighting customers for over 20 years. Guests enter our elegantly restored brownstones and are warmly welcomed by an accommodating staff. Although geographically close to Manhattan and certainly as culinary sophisticated, we're not slow to smile and truly aim to please each guest. Highly rated by the Zagat Guide for food, service and decor, we are proud to have been named on their short list of the state's Most Popular Restaurants. Our popularity stems from the talents of our CIA-trained chef, Rodney Petersen, our dedication to warm, gracious service and the comfortable elegance of our dining rooms. Amanda's is the natural choice for so many occasions: the romantic couple on a "date to impress," a family brunch on Sunday or the place to enjoy pre-theater Early Dinner at a price that is really too good to believe. Sophisticated wine lovers enjoy our monthly five-course wine dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amanda's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (71)neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (35)good for groups (17)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed dinner very much. Scallops were outstanding in particular
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic food, people and experience!! This restaurant has been around a long time and now I know why...I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badKeikDined on 8/5/2014Here for restaurant week. Great lobster bisque, good beer selection. Also had the prosciutto-cantaloupe appetizer, interesting and good. Also really good nutella cheesecake. However, had the pork tenderloin, it was 'eh'...a tad dry. One friend had the skirt steak, good he said, but my other friend had the gnochi, he said he didn't care much for it, ended up being 60 bucks for each guy in a group of three. I'd give them a shot again with a different entree since everything else was top notchSpecial Features:
- AmazingKellyDined on 8/4/2014When my Mom lived in NY Amanda's was her favorite restaurant to go to when she visited me in NJ. After moving 3 months ago to TN I had to make sure her first visit home included a dinner at Amanda'a. As always it was amazing! Delicious restaurant week menu, great service, perfect atmposphere for conversation to flow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulLaraVIPDined on 8/2/2014such a wonderful place to eat. I love Amanda's. Great to meet the owner, too, who popped round to tables to say hiSpecial Features:
- Excellent experienceKW420Dined on 8/1/2014Great first time at Amanda's. Wonderful ambience, food was wonderful-especially the polenta. Loved the whole atmosphere; specifically the music. Excellent service but not overwhelming! I was very impressed, especially since we went on restaurant week.Special Features:
- Never lets us downrhumphreyDined on 7/31/2014We went for Hudson Restaurant Week and once again, the food was great and the price was reasonable.Special Features:
- Special momentDannyDined on 7/28/2014Great restaurant for couples that want to celebrate in a romantic environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodMDanteVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've been here a few times, but I was never impressed with the food. This time, the food was very good. Wheatberry salad and the rib eye special were both very good.
- should not be #1 on zagatsherlDined on 7/20/2014Bland food. Waiter got order wrong. Twice. Entree arrived 30 min after starter. Never again. Don't waste your money.
- Hoboken's BestBostongirlDined on 7/19/2014Unbelievable experience at Amanda's. The restaurant is beautiful-quaint, intimate atmosphere. The appetizers, main course , & desserts were DELICIOUS!!! The staff at Amanda's was great as well. Overall, a fantastic experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for nice dinnerAndyJCDined on 7/19/2014Great place for a saturday night dinner. Service is the best. Don't expect a quiet scene; very energetic. Tables are close. food is great. Parking garage is a bit of a walk, but OK in good weather. Take advantage of a walk on the Hudson.Special Features:
- WelcomingZucchiniDined on 7/19/2014The food was excellent, especially the strudel. the decor is very pretty and relaxing. the staff welcoming. a very professionally run restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious but our server or nonexistence of him was below standard. We came for Brunch and ordered the Fried egg as always and since I am vegetarian I asked for no meat and no mushrooms ( food allergy). I asked if I could get extra salad. When the food came in not only I did not get extra salad I got half of the amount of the salad that my girlfriends did. The waitress never came to ask us how the food was by the time we ate a male waiter comes in and gives us our check and we tell him we would like a dessert. When we wanted to pay he just took the money without a word. We were waiting for our change back and he never came.Idk if he thought it was his tip (over 50%?!) we had to ask someone else to give our change backSpecial Features:
- Very goodCfogDined on 7/18/2014Service and atmosphere are incomparable. Each food course came close, but slightly imperfect. The muscle appetizer and brook trout entree get high marks, but the salad with goat cheese was gluey and unappetizing. The sea scallops could have been great if not for the sand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love AmandasmsquaredDined on 7/18/2014We've been coming to Amanda's for the last few years, moreso since we moved around the corner. As usual the food was awesome. I had the mushroom pappardelle with squash and my fiance had the pork chop. Both were delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceKarinaVIPDined on 7/17/2014It was our first time at Amanda's. We had such a wonderful experience. Service was very attentive. Food was delicious. Perfect setting, the restaurant was beautifully decorated. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Called ahead to have a dessert delivered for my boyfriend's birthday. Presentation was great and service was fast. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!SaboDined on 7/2/2014Love this place. Fantastic service! I called ahead to have a bday message written on a dessert for my girlfriend and they delivered. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner a real valueNoshersDined on 6/30/2014We really enjoy the prix fixe dinner ..it is early for some people but we love the value and the conversation we can have in the quiet and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Amanda's doesn't disappoint - excellent food, well prepared, good reasonably priced wine list, romantic relaxed atmosphere - it is always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Beautiful SpaceStreamborneDined on 6/27/2014Our first time in Hoboken visiting friends. Amanda's was our choice for dinner due to its diverse menu. Lovely, romantic setting, great ambiance. Our party tried the scallops, pork chops, trout and pappardelle and various salads and desserts. Everything was very good and nicely presented, just a little shy of outstanding. Solid wine list with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food4allDined on 6/21/2014The entire experience was outstanding. The owners were present and made us feel important and appreciated. I would recommend Amanda's for any occasion (especially for a romantic evening).Special Features:
- Always excellentEnglishpatienceDined on 6/20/2014This is the third time we've dined at Amanda's and as usual, had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014You can't go wrong with Amanda's. The hospitality is unlike any other in Hoboken - from the moment you walk in you know they want you to have a good experience dining with them. The food is always good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014This is a place we have been to numerous times and we always have a great meal.
- Delicious as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014The food is absolutely amazing. Our server was so attentive and nice and food is absolutely delicious, cant wait to go back !Special Features:
- Good food.friendly servicePastaloverVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food choices are limited However the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have been a new serverNoNickname52Dined on 6/1/2014The food took a very long time to get served. We've been going to Amanda's since it first opened, it's our favorite NJ restaurant and this is the first time I'm writing a disappointing review. We were a party of 3, behind us there was a table for 2. From the time we sat down to the time we paid our bill and left 3 couples on that table for 2 came and went. Unfortunate, my brother and his wife were visiting from FLA and treated them for brunch, I was a bit embarrassed the service was so slow, as if we were being ignored. Nevertheless, we will return to Amanda's after many years of enjoying dining there, I like to think this disappointing experience was a fluke.I would recommend this to a friend.
- service the only good thing hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014very disappointed with the food at amanda's and the ambiance. I was part of a party of six and we were stuffed into the rear of the restaurant with a window air conditioner blowing over our table....seriously I would have been happier in a Panera....we were the first table seated for the day at eleven oclock in the morning....no one else in the place....choice of table for us was almost insulting. Food was nothing special, in fact not even good, and way over priced....would never go back. Didn't discuss with my fellow diners as I had chosen the place and was almost embarrassed to ask what everyone else thought about it.
- Great SpotmariekDined on 5/31/2014Travelled from Texas to get my daughter settled in the area as she'll be working in Manhattan for the summer. This place is a gem. My daughter loved her steak - very generous portion and cooked well, and my "fish soup" was very good. Will come back for sure.Special Features:
- Amanda's greatLucy1Dined on 5/25/2014Great service great food have been here twice courteous staff nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchBeemer750Dined on 5/24/2014Although not a large menu the food was excellent. We were a party of three and we each ordered different dishes and all were excellent. The prices were very fair for the quality. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!JentDined on 5/21/2014Our go to spot for special occasions! Feels like you're eating in someone's beautiful home. Food is fabulous and great service. Free parking too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!alice5956Dined on 5/21/2014We had a family celebration for a new college graduate at Amanda's. What a treat it was! The restaurant is small and intimate, making reservations a necessity. We had a perfect crab cake appetizer, lobster bisque that was creamy and full of subtle lobster flavor, and amazing entrees. Softshell crabs, lamb chops, and steaks. All plates were clean when taken from the table. The service was friendly but efficient. We had a wonderful dinner and would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Quality dinning experienceluvabarginDined on 5/21/2014I have been to Amanda's several times and the service and quality of the food is always exceptional. The early dinner menu is a real bargain. I would recommend Amanda's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!AdriaDined on 5/20/2014I went here with my parents for my college graduation dinner. This place is classy, with nice decor, but the tables are somewhat cramped as far as legroom goes. Everyone in my pay got a didn't dish and everything was absolutely outstanding. We also had no difficulties making substitutions from the "default" sides that were listed with our meals. Our waiter was attentive, and for dessert there was even I congratulations spelled out on my plate in chocolate sauce! This place is rather pricy, but it's the best food and service I've ever had in Hoboken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooooodeMewDined on 5/18/2014good food but service was okay. our waitress only came over once or twice and didn't refill our water.Special Features:
- Off DayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/18/2014Unfortunately, it was an off day from a service standpoint at Amanda's, but the manager heard us out and did the right thing. I'll be back, and hoping Sunday brunch service will be back to normal.Special Features:
- The Best Deal in Hoboken!lindawdwDined on 5/17/2014If you don't mind eating at 5:00 or 5:30 PM you can get a great early bird deal at Amanda's Restaurant! This store front restaurant has excellent quality food along with the perfect ambiance.Special Features: