908 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amandasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2017980101x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Rodney Petersen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Amanda's can provide off-site catering for groups of most sizes within the area. To view our catering menu, please visit our website www.amandasrestaurant.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Amanda's provides the perfect venue for a personalized party with private dining rooms that accommodate from 10-90 guests. Saturday and Sunday Brunch parties seem favored for baby and bridal showers as well as baptismal celebrations. We also host dinner parties for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and corporate dinners. For parties of twelve guests or more, we ask that the party host/hostess pre-select a menu so that their guests will choose from a personalized menu. We are happy to accommodate special menu preferences.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan 2017980101x
- Cross Street: between 9th & 10th Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: While parking in Hoboken can be a challenge, we offer validation for the Little Man Parking Garage on 12th & Hudson Streets. Simply tell the attendants you are dining at Amanda's & they will provide you a ticket which we will validate at the restaurant. (Please note that we are unable to provide validation for our early dinner guests.)
A word from Amanda's Restaurant
Amanda's has been delighting customers for over 20 years. Guests enter our elegantly restored brownstones and are warmly welcomed by an accommodating staff. Although geographically close to Manhattan and certainly as culinary sophisticated, we're not slow to smile and truly aim to please each guest. Highly rated by the Zagat Guide for food, service and decor, we are proud to have been named on their short list of the state's Most Popular Restaurants. Our popularity stems from the talents of our CIA-trained chef, Rodney Petersen, our dedication to warm, gracious service and the comfortable elegance of our dining rooms. Amanda's is the natural choice for so many occasions: the romantic couple on a "date to impress," a family brunch on Sunday or the place to enjoy pre-theater Early Dinner at a price that is really too good to believe. Sophisticated wine lovers enjoy our monthly five-course wine dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Amanda's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hoboken ›
Amanda's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (70)special occasion (70)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (36)great for brunch (30)good for groups (17)hot spot (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Happy anniversaryBESTEAKDined on 10/18/2014They made the night special. I told them before hand (when I made the reservation) and they themed the night for me there after. The had plates on the table that said Happy anniversary..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good but menu choices not "wow". Only specials were appetizers and dessert but no special Entres. The crab cake special was the very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014We always have a great meal and the room is always warm and inviting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulLaraVIPDined on 10/4/2014wonderful meal at Amanda's as always. Fantastic service and delicious food. Lovely place for a date night. Can't wait til next mealSpecial Features:
- Special Sunday supperAstorienneDined on 9/21/2014The hub & I hosted our very small family wedding dinner here (smashingly, BTW) & returned to celebrate our 1st anniversary. Challenging commuting conditions forced a change in our dinner reservation time, which the restaurant graciously accommodated. The charming maitre d'hotel recognized us & treated us to glasses of bubbly. Appetizers (bruschetta for me, polenta for him) were delicious & attractively presented; entrees were equally appealing (duck breast for me, sirloin for him). Caloric splurges on dessert (salted caramel pudding for me, banana cake for him), coffee & raspberry wine; the rims of the dessert plates were decorated with anniversary wishes in chocolate. We were delighted & look forward to returning soon. Thanks, Amanda's!Special Features:
- Perfect for a romantic eveningBeautifulDined on 9/21/2014Amanda's decor remind me of Paris retaurants. Charming, quaint, romantic and intimate. This is the perfect place to go for a first date, to celebrate an anniversary or other special occaasion or to just have a good meal mid-week with someone special. The food has always been top notch. Service is great and seeing a service staff who look elegant and sophisticated helps make your experience special, even if there isn't an occassion. We've often decided at the last minute to have dinner there mid week when we just want to eat out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant ever!!!SebascardonaDined on 9/19/2014This is the first time that i actually take the time to write a review, but this place deserves it! JUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightSammyBDined on 9/19/2014My husband works crazy hours (like 12-20 hours 6 days a week) so when he has an evening off we try to do something special. Since he has to wake up so early for work we decided to do the early dinner (5:30). All of the food was AMAZING. It was filling but didn't make us feel weighed down. The restaurant is beautiful and has a lot of ambiance and character and the staff was great. We will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:
- Very good all aroundRichDined on 9/18/2014Great ambiance. Service was fantastic and the food was also great. One of the best steaks I've had in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJB918Dined on 9/18/2014My husband and I went here for our 4 year wedding anniversary and were both extremely happy with everything. The staff was attentive and genuine, and the ambiance of the restaurant was just right for a special occasion. The food was very good, specifically the steak my husband got was cooked exactly to his liking, with a perfect char on the outside. We will definitely be back and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Top Notch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014My second time at Amanda's Restaurant. Each time has been great!Special Features:
- A HOBOKEN GEMWellPleasedDined on 9/12/2014Needed a special place to take friends. We definitely found it at Amanda's. We arrived a bit early for our reservation having traveled from central NJ. We were seated immediately at a nice corner table. Our waiter was courteous & efficient. He did not rush us. The food was very good, especially the polenta appetizer. The salads were excellent also. Three of us had the Salmon which was cooked to perfection. I don't like when it is served raw in the middle! These days, I eat nothing that isn't cooked through. Some restaurants will dry out fish/meat when it is ordered "cooked through." Amanda's did not. My husband had ravioli which he said were good. We did not have any dessert. The restaurant is cozy, romantic & special.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014This place was fantastic hands down it's like your eating in an old fashioned library, the servers are very professional. Don't get scared away because you don't think you will like it because you will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed dinner very much. Scallops were outstanding in particular
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic food, people and experience!! This restaurant has been around a long time and now I know why...I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badKeikDined on 8/5/2014Here for restaurant week. Great lobster bisque, good beer selection. Also had the prosciutto-cantaloupe appetizer, interesting and good. Also really good nutella cheesecake. However, had the pork tenderloin, it was 'eh'...a tad dry. One friend had the skirt steak, good he said, but my other friend had the gnochi, he said he didn't care much for it, ended up being 60 bucks for each guy in a group of three. I'd give them a shot again with a different entree since everything else was top notchSpecial Features:
- AmazingKellyDined on 8/4/2014When my Mom lived in NY Amanda's was her favorite restaurant to go to when she visited me in NJ. After moving 3 months ago to TN I had to make sure her first visit home included a dinner at Amanda'a. As always it was amazing! Delicious restaurant week menu, great service, perfect atmposphere for conversation to flow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulLaraVIPDined on 8/2/2014such a wonderful place to eat. I love Amanda's. Great to meet the owner, too, who popped round to tables to say hiSpecial Features:
- Excellent experienceKW420Dined on 8/1/2014Great first time at Amanda's. Wonderful ambience, food was wonderful-especially the polenta. Loved the whole atmosphere; specifically the music. Excellent service but not overwhelming! I was very impressed, especially since we went on restaurant week.Special Features:
- Never lets us downrhumphreyDined on 7/31/2014We went for Hudson Restaurant Week and once again, the food was great and the price was reasonable.Special Features:
- Special momentDannyDined on 7/28/2014Great restaurant for couples that want to celebrate in a romantic environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodMDanteVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've been here a few times, but I was never impressed with the food. This time, the food was very good. Wheatberry salad and the rib eye special were both very good.
- should not be #1 on zagatsherlVIPDined on 7/20/2014Bland food. Waiter got order wrong. Twice. Entree arrived 30 min after starter. Never again. Don't waste your money.
- Hoboken's BestBostongirlDined on 7/19/2014Unbelievable experience at Amanda's. The restaurant is beautiful-quaint, intimate atmosphere. The appetizers, main course , & desserts were DELICIOUS!!! The staff at Amanda's was great as well. Overall, a fantastic experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for nice dinnerAndyJCDined on 7/19/2014Great place for a saturday night dinner. Service is the best. Don't expect a quiet scene; very energetic. Tables are close. food is great. Parking garage is a bit of a walk, but OK in good weather. Take advantage of a walk on the Hudson.Special Features:
- WelcomingZucchiniDined on 7/19/2014The food was excellent, especially the strudel. the decor is very pretty and relaxing. the staff welcoming. a very professionally run restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious but our server or nonexistence of him was below standard. We came for Brunch and ordered the Fried egg as always and since I am vegetarian I asked for no meat and no mushrooms ( food allergy). I asked if I could get extra salad. When the food came in not only I did not get extra salad I got half of the amount of the salad that my girlfriends did. The waitress never came to ask us how the food was by the time we ate a male waiter comes in and gives us our check and we tell him we would like a dessert. When we wanted to pay he just took the money without a word. We were waiting for our change back and he never came.Idk if he thought it was his tip (over 50%?!) we had to ask someone else to give our change backSpecial Features:
- Very goodCfogDined on 7/18/2014Service and atmosphere are incomparable. Each food course came close, but slightly imperfect. The muscle appetizer and brook trout entree get high marks, but the salad with goat cheese was gluey and unappetizing. The sea scallops could have been great if not for the sand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love AmandasmsquaredDined on 7/18/2014We've been coming to Amanda's for the last few years, moreso since we moved around the corner. As usual the food was awesome. I had the mushroom pappardelle with squash and my fiance had the pork chop. Both were delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceKarinaVIPDined on 7/17/2014It was our first time at Amanda's. We had such a wonderful experience. Service was very attentive. Food was delicious. Perfect setting, the restaurant was beautifully decorated. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Called ahead to have a dessert delivered for my boyfriend's birthday. Presentation was great and service was fast. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!SaboDined on 7/2/2014Love this place. Fantastic service! I called ahead to have a bday message written on a dessert for my girlfriend and they delivered. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner a real valueNoshersDined on 6/30/2014We really enjoy the prix fixe dinner ..it is early for some people but we love the value and the conversation we can have in the quiet and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Amanda's doesn't disappoint - excellent food, well prepared, good reasonably priced wine list, romantic relaxed atmosphere - it is always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Beautiful SpaceStreamborneDined on 6/27/2014Our first time in Hoboken visiting friends. Amanda's was our choice for dinner due to its diverse menu. Lovely, romantic setting, great ambiance. Our party tried the scallops, pork chops, trout and pappardelle and various salads and desserts. Everything was very good and nicely presented, just a little shy of outstanding. Solid wine list with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 846 reviews are from the Amanda's Restaurant reviews archive.
- food4allDined on 6/21/2014The entire experience was outstanding. The owners were present and made us feel important and appreciated. I would recommend Amanda's for any occasion (especially for a romantic evening).Special Features:
- Always excellentEnglishpatienceDined on 6/20/2014This is the third time we've dined at Amanda's and as usual, had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014You can't go wrong with Amanda's. The hospitality is unlike any other in Hoboken - from the moment you walk in you know they want you to have a good experience dining with them. The food is always good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014This is a place we have been to numerous times and we always have a great meal.
- Delicious as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014The food is absolutely amazing. Our server was so attentive and nice and food is absolutely delicious, cant wait to go back !Special Features: