908 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amandasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (201) 798-0101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Rodney Petersen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Amanda's can provide off-site catering for groups of most sizes within the area. To view our catering menu, please visit our website www.amandasrestaurant.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Amanda's provides the perfect venue for a personalized party with private dining rooms that accommodate from 10-90 guests. Saturday and Sunday Brunch parties seem favored for baby and bridal showers as well as baptismal celebrations. We also host dinner parties for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and corporate dinners. For parties of twelve guests or more, we ask that the party host/hostess pre-select a menu so that their guests will choose from a personalized menu. We are happy to accommodate special menu preferences.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan 2017980101x
- Cross Street: between 9th & 10th Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: While parking in Hoboken can be a challenge, we offer validation for the Little Man Parking Garage on 12th & Hudson Streets. Simply tell the attendants you are dining at Amanda's & they will provide you a ticket which we will validate at the restaurant. (Please note that we are unable to provide validation for our early dinner guests.)
A word from Amanda's Restaurant
Amanda's has been delighting customers for over 20 years. Guests enter our elegantly restored brownstones and are warmly welcomed by an accommodating staff. Although geographically close to Manhattan and certainly as culinary sophisticated, we're not slow to smile and truly aim to please each guest. Highly rated by the Zagat Guide for food, service and decor, we are proud to have been named on their short list of the state's Most Popular Restaurants. Our popularity stems from the talents of our CIA-trained chef, Rodney Petersen, our dedication to warm, gracious service and the comfortable elegance of our dining rooms. Amanda's is the natural choice for so many occasions: the romantic couple on a "date to impress," a family brunch on Sunday or the place to enjoy pre-theater Early Dinner at a price that is really too good to believe. Sophisticated wine lovers enjoy our monthly five-course wine dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Amanda's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hoboken ›
Amanda's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (83)neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (66)great for brunch (41)notable wine list (38)good for groups (27)hot spot (16)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- A Destination RestaurantCUD3VIPDined on 11/24/2014Why a destination restaurant? Every dish was unique in its presentation and taste. The service was quietly attentive and educational. Being in the wine business for over 30 years I can attest that the wine list her is exceptional and not overly pricey. A true destination especially for someone who just flew in from their home in Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owsome food and placeSneeeDined on 11/22/2014One of the best places I've been to. What a great find. Nice place, great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot311gregDined on 11/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our brunch at Amanda's. We made reservations and got a table in the downstairs room, which was less than ideal, I would have much preferred to have been seated upstairs. The downstairs room is quiet and cozy but street view is much prettier I think. I had the skirt steak which was excellent. Rave reviews for the poached eggs with crab as well as the french toast croissant. Will definitely recommend to others for brunch.Special Features:
- LBNJDined on 11/14/2014The service was impeccable and the staff was warm and friendly. The food was tasty and the portion sizes were adequate, not overwhelming. I had the salmon with lobster mash potatoes...yummy. Note: They validate parking up to 3 hours at Little Man's garage (valet only); A commodity in Hoboken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner is a great dealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Get there at 5 pm and enjoy the early dinner deal, starters, entrées and dessert for two people for 34 dollars. Amazing food, beautifully plated, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in HobokenmtfinanDined on 11/9/2014The title is true, I would venture to say that this is the best restaurant that I have ever been to in Hoboken. The restaurant has that old home feeling, like stepping back in time, or into a wealth grandmother's home. The food is impeccable...need I say more? Our server was amazing, when the bartender and other staff were not busy they helped bus the tables and get us anything we needed. We were a group of seven, thinking we were a large group for the restaurant they did a fantastic job at taking perfect care of us and making sure our wine glasses were always full and that we were enjoying ourselves, which of course we did! I will be frequenting this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan quality foodSamUKSaysVIPDined on 11/8/2014Manhattan Quality food in Hoboken. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, so so serviceKonnerVIPDined on 11/5/2014For the price we paid and the level of food quality, the service needs to improve. He was not that busy and just not attentive enough for what we were paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemRightoSkipperDined on 11/2/2014A little longer than expected walk from the recommended car park, but the reward was a treat when we arrived (late). Service was excellent all around. Food was very good for brunch: steak and eggs, omlette, eggs benedict. All well received. I have recommended it to two friends since our visit a few days ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBasiaDined on 11/1/2014Went to Amandas after researching best restaurants in Hoboken. Was very impressed. My mushroom pasta was incredible as was the molten chocolate cake. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant is a 15 minute walk from my home, and I've been here several times since I moved to the area a couple of years ago. It is an outstanding restaurant, which never fails to impress me. The food, the service, the ambiance are always delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in North Jersey!MaggieDined on 10/27/2014Distinctive ambiance, fabulous food, great wine choices, outstanding service, would go back to Amanda's time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always LovelyHoboToJCDined on 10/26/2014As always, the food was delicious. It's almost impossible to go wrong at Amanda's. Unfortunately, they were out of my favorite starter, the beet salad, and a great dessert with figs, but made up for it with the lamb meatballs (amazing) and the banana cake (excellent). Service was less down-to-earth than I typically experience at Amanda's; our waiter was a bit haughty and it felt like he talked down to us more than once. We just ignored it.
- Best deal in HobokenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014If you want a fabulously elegant and reasonably priced meal at an early evening time, this is your restaurant. The $17.00 per person three course meal is the best deal in Hoboken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just superbparkslopeluverDined on 10/24/2014This is one of the very best restaurants in Hoboken, with wonderful food and ambiance, and terrific service. Great for brunch and dinner. But ask for the library if you want it a bit more quiet...and hope you don't wind up next to a noisy foursome. Sometimes a bit too kid friendly at brunch.Special Features:
- Slow start with good finishLuvs2trynewspotsDined on 10/19/2014I was originally greeted at my table by a male server who gave me a wine list and said he would be back to tell me about the nights specials and then never returned. When I asked a bus boy If he would get my server for me a female server came over and said she would be waiting On me now. It was a Sunday evening and really slow so not sure if the male didn't want to take a single diner or what, but to have him work the other two tables right across from me without apologizing or anything ticked me off. My actual server was great! She was attentive and personable and made great recommendations. I tipped her more than I'm sure dude got on his couples. 😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceDcondorelli1Dined on 10/19/2014All around the entire diner was fantastic, service was fantastic. The food was amazing and the restaurant was classy and peacefulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy anniversaryBESTEAKDined on 10/18/2014They made the night special. I told them before hand (when I made the reservation) and they themed the night for me there after. The had plates on the table that said Happy anniversary..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good but menu choices not "wow". Only specials were appetizers and dessert but no special Entres. The crab cake special was the very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014We always have a great meal and the room is always warm and inviting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulLaraVIPDined on 10/4/2014wonderful meal at Amanda's as always. Fantastic service and delicious food. Lovely place for a date night. Can't wait til next mealSpecial Features:
- Special Sunday supperAstorienneDined on 9/21/2014The hub & I hosted our very small family wedding dinner here (smashingly, BTW) & returned to celebrate our 1st anniversary. Challenging commuting conditions forced a change in our dinner reservation time, which the restaurant graciously accommodated. The charming maitre d'hotel recognized us & treated us to glasses of bubbly. Appetizers (bruschetta for me, polenta for him) were delicious & attractively presented; entrees were equally appealing (duck breast for me, sirloin for him). Caloric splurges on dessert (salted caramel pudding for me, banana cake for him), coffee & raspberry wine; the rims of the dessert plates were decorated with anniversary wishes in chocolate. We were delighted & look forward to returning soon. Thanks, Amanda's!Special Features:
- Perfect for a romantic eveningBeautifulDined on 9/21/2014Amanda's decor remind me of Paris retaurants. Charming, quaint, romantic and intimate. This is the perfect place to go for a first date, to celebrate an anniversary or other special occaasion or to just have a good meal mid-week with someone special. The food has always been top notch. Service is great and seeing a service staff who look elegant and sophisticated helps make your experience special, even if there isn't an occassion. We've often decided at the last minute to have dinner there mid week when we just want to eat out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant ever!!!SebascardonaDined on 9/19/2014This is the first time that i actually take the time to write a review, but this place deserves it! JUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightSammyBDined on 9/19/2014My husband works crazy hours (like 12-20 hours 6 days a week) so when he has an evening off we try to do something special. Since he has to wake up so early for work we decided to do the early dinner (5:30). All of the food was AMAZING. It was filling but didn't make us feel weighed down. The restaurant is beautiful and has a lot of ambiance and character and the staff was great. We will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:
- Very good all aroundRichDined on 9/18/2014Great ambiance. Service was fantastic and the food was also great. One of the best steaks I've had in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJB918Dined on 9/18/2014My husband and I went here for our 4 year wedding anniversary and were both extremely happy with everything. The staff was attentive and genuine, and the ambiance of the restaurant was just right for a special occasion. The food was very good, specifically the steak my husband got was cooked exactly to his liking, with a perfect char on the outside. We will definitely be back and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Top Notch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014My second time at Amanda's Restaurant. Each time has been great!Special Features:
- A HOBOKEN GEMWellPleasedDined on 9/12/2014Needed a special place to take friends. We definitely found it at Amanda's. We arrived a bit early for our reservation having traveled from central NJ. We were seated immediately at a nice corner table. Our waiter was courteous & efficient. He did not rush us. The food was very good, especially the polenta appetizer. The salads were excellent also. Three of us had the Salmon which was cooked to perfection. I don't like when it is served raw in the middle! These days, I eat nothing that isn't cooked through. Some restaurants will dry out fish/meat when it is ordered "cooked through." Amanda's did not. My husband had ravioli which he said were good. We did not have any dessert. The restaurant is cozy, romantic & special.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014This place was fantastic hands down it's like your eating in an old fashioned library, the servers are very professional. Don't get scared away because you don't think you will like it because you will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed dinner very much. Scallops were outstanding in particular
- Great placershaggy325Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic food, people and experience!! This restaurant has been around a long time and now I know why...I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badKeikDined on 8/5/2014Here for restaurant week. Great lobster bisque, good beer selection. Also had the prosciutto-cantaloupe appetizer, interesting and good. Also really good nutella cheesecake. However, had the pork tenderloin, it was 'eh'...a tad dry. One friend had the skirt steak, good he said, but my other friend had the gnochi, he said he didn't care much for it, ended up being 60 bucks for each guy in a group of three. I'd give them a shot again with a different entree since everything else was top notchSpecial Features:
- AmazingKellyDined on 8/4/2014When my Mom lived in NY Amanda's was her favorite restaurant to go to when she visited me in NJ. After moving 3 months ago to TN I had to make sure her first visit home included a dinner at Amanda'a. As always it was amazing! Delicious restaurant week menu, great service, perfect atmposphere for conversation to flow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulLaraVIPDined on 8/2/2014such a wonderful place to eat. I love Amanda's. Great to meet the owner, too, who popped round to tables to say hiSpecial Features:
- Excellent experienceKW420Dined on 8/1/2014Great first time at Amanda's. Wonderful ambience, food was wonderful-especially the polenta. Loved the whole atmosphere; specifically the music. Excellent service but not overwhelming! I was very impressed, especially since we went on restaurant week.Special Features:
- Never lets us downrhumphreyVIPDined on 7/31/2014We went for Hudson Restaurant Week and once again, the food was great and the price was reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 862 reviews are from the Amanda's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Special momentDannyDined on 7/28/2014Great restaurant for couples that want to celebrate in a romantic environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodMDanteVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've been here a few times, but I was never impressed with the food. This time, the food was very good. Wheatberry salad and the rib eye special were both very good.
- should not be #1 on zagatsherlVIPDined on 7/20/2014Bland food. Waiter got order wrong. Twice. Entree arrived 30 min after starter. Never again. Don't waste your money.