398 21St Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.amalfigrille.net/
- Phone: 7725648218
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00 pm - Close, 7 days a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chet Perrotti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer in house catering with a private room and take out catering as well
- Private Party Facilities: Main dining room can accommodate up to 120 and the private room can hold up to 35
- Private Party Contact: Gwen 7725648218
A word from Amalfi Grille
The Amalfi Grille is a unique and exciting dining experience. The Grille is a culmination of two childhood friends culinary delights! We make our own Ravioli, Cavatelli, and Fettuccine. We use only San Marzano Tomatoes for our Marinara Sauce. We are proud to be one of only two restaurants in the state of Florida who are licensed to serve Certified Angus Beef U.S.D.A Prime! We also serve the finest Veal Chops using only the first bone, and serving them with a Wild Mushroom Marsala! We also feature a full bar and one of the finest wine lists anywhere with a preference on Italy"s finest, Barolo's, Brunello's, Amarone's, and Super Tuscans. Our staff is knowledgable, friendly, and courteous, they will do there best to make you feel as if you were in our home! If you are looking for a restaurant with passion for its food and its wine, while offering the service you deserve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Amalfi Grille - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Amalfi Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)romantic (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (12)good for groups (7)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- RickyBabyDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food, wines, and desserts. A true Vero Beach treasure. Rivals exceptional restaurants in New York and Italy. Terrific. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so good as used to be.....Verobeach54Dined on 7/26/2014Coming from Miami for the weekend at Vero Beach .We went a couple of times to the previous location and always we had a good food and service. This time we decided to go over the new place and it was a bit disappointed ........food it was not so good as we expected .....not sure if it was because of our dinner time,8 45 pm , but certainly it was not the same Amalfi we tried before.
- RemarkableWoody456Dined on 7/26/2014I would most certainly recommend a fine dining experience at this magnificent restaurant, I hadn't been out for a while to a great meal and a special evening in some time and I can truly say it was outstanding from the ambiance to the special attention paid by the owner Bob Rose I wasn't disappointed in the least when a friend recommended The Amalfi Grille I will most certainly be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not yetdedehansDined on 7/25/2014Not yet. I have to try it again. Please don't force me into commentary or I will not participate with Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gret find!BennyDined on 7/16/2014We always enjoy trying new restaurants when we visit Vero Beach. After browsing the internet for new places, we came across the Amalfi Grill. Truly enjoyed our dinner. The food was great and the service was excellent. Will return next time we visit VB!Special Features:
- super findNicknameVIPDined on 6/21/2014a neighborhood gem in a strip mall. great italian food prepared with care and served in a friendly but efficient way. You may not write home about it but you will leave satisfied with the food, experience and the value received.Special Features:
- Wow-just wow!jetflyerDined on 6/15/2014Amalfi Grille is by far the most outstanding restaurant on the Treasure Coast. Having been a regular of Citrus and Maison Martinique, I had no idea how amazing the food was going to be. After meeting Mr. Rose and his wife and discussing how much thought and care goes into selecting the ingredients for the restaurant, I decided I must try it out. All I can say is, wow-just wow!! Everyone in my party has not stopped talking about their meal and asking when can we go again. Amalfi Grille is outstanding, the service is top notch, and the food is so amazing you feel as if every bite was made especially for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night Out!gratefulDined on 6/14/2014Awesome beef, unique and delicious entrees, and the desserts (by special pastry chef) are "to die for"!! Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOUR FROM OHIOJayandtheamericansDined on 6/5/2014Very friendly, wonderful wine selections, each of the folks in our party raved about both their meal and the service. The owner accommodated one of our dinners request for vegetarian with several outstanding options. Professional but friendly atmosphere. All in all a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FLfoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014Hogshead snapper and blue berry bread pudding with white chocolate sauce was outstanding!!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodgreatfoodDined on 5/24/2014All the food was fantastic! We had two different veal dishes that were outstanding. The special treat was the meatball appetizer, haven't had meatballs that good since my Italian mother made them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfied customeritalyorbustDined on 5/20/2014New location is well appointed. Excellent "specials" list as well as solid every day menu. Ask for secondary wine list that includes many brunello wines. Wait staff attentive, informed and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine and FillingTheSausageManDined on 5/11/2014Their new location is a great one. I really loke what they did to the inside of the restaurant. Our server kelly was upbeat and personable without being intrusive. The food came out in timely manner, and every dish we had was spot on. The class casino was savory and spicy, which is my favorite flavor profiles. The pasta entrees that we had were equally as good. The portions live up to the Italian style of cooking, it took 2 bottles of wine to complete our dinner, which is fine by me! Keep up the great work, and being in the same industry we understand the importance of great service and you guys nailed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 *'sappreciategoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014If you're celebrating a special occasion or want great food - Amalfi Grill is the place!Special Features:
- BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014This is one of the 3 best restaurants in Vero Beach and I have tried them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeracipcDined on 4/27/2014Dinners were amazing as usual, as were the desserts! Never disappointed hereSpecial Features:
- Love itoutoftownerDined on 4/22/2014Great food, great service. Met owner and he is a gentleman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Amalfi Grille reviews archive.
- NadiaNadiaDined on 4/19/2014Since Amalfi Grille moved I believe it is even better. The food is wonderful but I really like the rooms and open feel. Service is great! A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arugula salad was great, vealCherieVIPDined on 4/12/2014Arugula salad was great, veal Vesuvius was so-so and pistachio gelato was terrible! Appetizers are overpriced and menu is not extensive. Couldn't even get shrimp or clams with linguine!Special Features:
- First Time is a CharmSwimmasDined on 4/8/2014There are quite a few good restaurants in the Vero Beach area but I would rank Amalfi Grille amongst the best. The food was excellent. The bread was tasty and the garlic dipping sauce was an enormous hit. The house salads were well proportioned and the house dressing was super. The main courses were all wonderful and well proportioned. The highlight of the night, however, was the dessert course. The butterscotch cheesecake was out of this world, the triple chocolate brownie/cake was unlike any other and the crème Brule was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going down hillMooseDined on 4/7/2014we've going to amalfi for years. in its former location the owner was omnipresent. now, in the new location, we haven't see him the last 3 times we dined here. his disengagement is reflected in deteriorating quality. the $45 veal chop was a pound of gristle. the (extra charge) caesar was insipid and the house salad is pathetic (this has always been the case). worst of all, the (daily special) hog fish, claimed to be fresh, was mealy textured (probably previously frozen), overcooked, and tasted off. from having been our favorite restaurant in vero, we won't return to amalfi unless it's to have pasta (pasta is still done well here). russell, our server, was extremely friendly; he deserves better.
- YummyFoodieDined on 4/6/2014Had the veal, it ws like butter. Can't wait to take my son for dinner, he travels a lot an enjoys good quality food. Definality will be back. Price was high but we'll worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and desserts!CocoVIPDined on 3/31/2014Excellent food and desserts! We had 7:15 reservation. We sat for 20 minutes before we were asked if we would like a wine list. However it was another 20 minutes before the server took the order. We had 2 teenagers who obviously don't drink ! By the time we ordered our food they had run out of some of the specials. Our server took our food order at 8:30. The list of specials was full of spelling and grammatical errors that we had to ask who wrote them. With spell check that is impossible! The chef is talented and the quality of the food is fabulous, however the service doesn't match the talent in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2014Everyone enjoyed their meals. Waiter was very pleasant. Nice evening with friends.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatBEH21VIPDined on 3/21/2014The service was excellent, but the food was only okay. The sauce on the veal piccata was too heavy and the salads were rather skimpy and too heavy on the dressing. Dessert - chocolate pecan pie - was excellent. Overall, it was a good dining experience, but we were expecting much better based on the previous Trip Advisor reviews and its overall rating.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wineGlenDined on 3/11/2014This is our third visit to Amalfi Grill, and we will keep coming back. This time I tried the. Lobster, clams, and mussels Fra diablo. The dish was wonderful. My friend had seafood over pasta and she said it was great. We were not able to finish our meals, so we brought the leftovers home for our meal the next night. Save room for desert! The bread pudding was the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal! We had 4 in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/7/2014Great meal! We had 4 in our party and all ordered different meals and we were all very happy. The appetizers were very very good and big enough to share. The wine was a little expensive but worth it. Overall great meal.Special Features:
- We visit Vero Beach one aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014We visit Vero Beach one a year and stumbled upon Amalfi Grill two years ago. It was a wonderful dining experience with fantastic tasting foods. We planned to take my Aunt for her Birthday this year and learned it had moved. We heard this from a Local couple who were at The Disney Vero Beach we were staying at. So I got on my computer and made reservations. The new location is even better than the old as it is bigger. What hasn't changed is the Service, and the food....they were still Fantastic! Make sure youtry the meatballs... great appetizer and gives you a hint of what you'll get with any meal choice. We will be back next year for sure. Thanks for a lovely Birthday Meal! Pat CameronSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best desert everBillSDined on 3/1/2014Everything was great. Calamari was so good. All four of us were totally pleased with everything. I must say that the desert was unbelievable. It was a butterscotch cheesecake. I would say it was the best desert I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal, service was4daluvofoodVIPDined on 2/27/2014Wonderful meal, service was a bit slow. We enjoyed our food but I have to say we do have other restaurants in town that have just as good of food for about $30 less pp.Special Features:
- First rate dinnerGammaDogDined on 2/27/2014My wife and I took a friend to dinner at Amalfi Grille. It was a hit. Between the three of us we had a grilled veal chop, a seafood dish and an Italian entree. All three dinners were spot-on. The calamari fritti appetizer we shared was cooked perfectly -- not oily and the calamari was tender. Only one of our group had room for dessert and chose the carrot cake. We each shared a bite. It did not disappoint. If there is a bad item on the menu, we did not find it. The atmosphere was perfect for our occasion. Conversation was easy at the four top booth where we sat. My wife wanted to go again the next day for lunch. Sadly, the restaurant isn't open for lunch. There's an opportunity to do better... add lunch service!Special Features:
- New location has little atmosphereGMD47VIPDined on 2/22/2014New location has little atmosphere and my veal parm was only a average.Special Features:
- Very Good foodShawnDined on 2/22/2014The food was excellent, the wait staff was good but not very attentive.Special Features:
- First ExperiencetootsDined on 2/16/2014First,the server never introduced herself. Our wine order was the "Oregon" Pinot Noir it was very warm...not 55 degrees as recommended. After tasting I asked my partner what she thought...she couldn't drink it either, so we ordered something else. The waitress seemed very annoyed. Our appetizer...the Calamari was excellent. We ordered the daily specials...I ordered the Scallops and she ordered the Halibut. We were told we could upgrade the house salad to a Caesar for $3.00 ...very tacky. As we were waiting for our appetizer another waiter happened to be walking by and said " oh you don't have any bread" so we received bread. I gave our waitress our candle to light and she took it and placed it on another table. Not a pleasant experience.
- Great food, poor servicecoop0582Dined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day was my first time at the Amalfi Grille and we had a reservation around 8:30 and waited at the bar while having drinks until we were seated around 8:45. Positive - the food was absolutely amazing and I would love to go again. Negatives - 1) putting a couple in a small room with 4 other large groups makes it extremely difficult to talk; 2) the service was horribly slow. Once seated, it was 10 minutes before menus were brought. Another 15-20 minutes before our waiter even came to check-in and see if we needed any drinks, bread, etc. Towards the middle of the meal, we asked for more bread and it was never brought. Again, the food was tremendous but the service was extremely disappointing and I hope my next visit is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell dinnner for 3OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Owner at entrance was too busy to care who we were, even though we tried to extend greetings from a close relative of his. Prociutto appetizer was more arugula than anything else. Rockefellers were very good and burrata was excellent. 2 seafood and 1 hog snapper were quite good. The portions, though, were huge and neither of us three could come close to finish. There was no room for desert...The wine list was varied and gave you enough choices. Service was a little spotty. But since the restaurant was totally booked that night, one can accept a few lapses. We might go back, but possibly select two appetizers and skip the maindish. It's just too much food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Food was awesome, service was ok, saw the bus boy more than the waiter and he did an awesome job. Owner was rude to my elderly father indirectly when we first came in like he really couldn't care in the least. Took forever to get menus and place an order. Reservation was for 830p and there were dishes not available to be served. Only gave you 3 slices of bread to eat at time too. Come on people your in an Italian restaurant and you only bring out 3 slices of bread for 3 people.Special Features:
- all in all a very good restaurantrailbirdDined on 2/6/2014all in all a very good restaurant in Vero Beach Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived at 7:20 and weremom1Dined on 2/5/2014We arrived at 7:20 and were served our dinner at 9:10,, it was pitiful.
- A night to rememberthecritcinmeDined on 1/21/2014We had a wonderful meal. My wife had the sea bass and it was the best she ever had. I had an excellent lobster and shrimp dish with a white cream sauce over fettuccini Alfredo. The wait staff was checking on us often. We can't wait to go back again with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.