Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood
1485 Ocean Ave.
Sea Bright, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://amaristorante.com/
- Phone: 7325309760x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday at 5:00-9:30
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Charles "Chuck" Lesbirel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Room & Semi-Private Dinning Available
- Special Events: Weekly Specials
*20% off featured Tuscan Wines
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
*Half off house wines by the glass
*$7 specialty cocktails all night
*$7 specialty cocktails from 5-7
* No corkage fees
* Pre fixe 3 course menu for $30
*$3 draft beer at the bar
A word from Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood
With panoramic and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Shrewsbury River, Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood offers guests traditional and newly imagined Tuscan classics in a warm, inviting setting reminiscent of a Tuscan villa. The imaginative and innovative cuisine, prepared by Chef Charles "Chuck" Lesbirel, offers the finest and freshest ingredients paired with a hand selected wine list that features wines from boutique vineyards in Tuscany and throughout Italy as well as special American selections. Ama Ristorante is open year round to the public. Dinner is served Tuesday through Sunday, starting at 5 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood - Best Restaurants in Sea Bright ›
Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (71)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (49)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (40)notable wine list (29)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (15)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Very Good Food but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014I dined at Ama for the first time with a friend. Food was very good, from the try-color salad to the halibut. The cappuccino was weak and my friend, who was celebrating her birthday, could not order sauvignon blanc. Our server told her it is no longer on the menu, which we thought a bit unusual. Overall, we enjoyed our meal, but thought the bill was pricey. $33 for Halibut was a bit extreme. Fortunately, the fish was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I was disappointed in the food. Mussels were so small, could hardly find them in the shell. Halibut was tasty but overdone. Chocolate cake was good.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent, creative food. Didn't like the table we were first seated at, asked to move, no problem. Creative cocktail menu, good drinks. Food was top notch, service very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice viewjk23VIPDined on 8/23/2014Nice meal with nice view of club's pool and beach. Veal chop was great and so was simple sounding Cavalli dish that was mouthwatering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielDined on 8/13/2014Great chef and culinary team in the kitchen pumps out some outstanding tuscan inspired italian food!Special Features:
- Excellent foodMiguelDined on 8/9/2014Ama was very impressive. Our server was so friendly and knowledgeable. The food was outstanding and served in a timely manner but not rushed. We will be going back!Special Features:
- Special dinnerSpecialDined on 8/9/2014We had asked for a quiet table outside, on open table & were initially going to be seated inside. When we called to inquire about dress code we were told business casual. We were grossly over dressed next to white undershirts & cut offs. The write up I had read said 'same elegant dining outside', 'white table cloths' (no! woven outdoor table top, some with umbrellas), 'excellent wait staff' (was very good), 'excellent food' (very nice). I have forgotten the whole Beach Club scene, not quiet when we arrived, kids running around tables in the outside dining area. It was a beautiful evening, but I wish I had worn capris & a nice tank top. Maybe we should wait to Fall/Winter to come again, but I just love eating outdoors!
- Yummy dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014We celebrated our daughters birthday here- her choice. It was Wednesday so wine by the glass was half price which is a bonus. The past dishes were delicious! Very nice ambiance. No kids menu so not the best for younger children unless they are not fussy eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1234Dined on 8/2/2014waited at bar for 20 min before bartender asked me what I wanted. ????? we had a 8 30 reservation and we arrived at 8 20 and told hostess we will be waiting at bar for the rest of our party......at 9 00 we asked why we r still waiting and they told us they gave our table away...no one came to bar to get us.....
- Wonderful serviceladyasVIPDined on 8/2/2014Again another amazing meal. Love this restaurant. The service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Could not have been betterTheMurrayVIPDined on 8/1/2014What can I say - a fantastic meal. Food, service, decor, location- Ama has it all. I highly recommend a visit there and I will most certainly return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014The shaved artichoke salad was a highlight. Menu was a little limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, yet againKimDDined on 7/30/2014I have been to AMA numerous times and every time it gets better and better. We dined on a Wednesday and 1/2 off wines by the glass was a great way to begin our night. Our appetizers hit the mark and we're fresh and delicious. Our table chose the ribeye, halibut, and chicken for dinner and everyone thoroughly enjoyed everything. Our server, Maggie, was attentive and sweet. I recommend AMA to anyone who has never been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great choice every timeShawnDined on 7/23/2014I have enjoyed Wednesday evening happy hours, business group dinners and dinner for two at AMA. It is always a great experience. A fun bar where you can try specialty drinks, sip a glass of wine and enjoy the ocean view and company. The food is always fresh and delicious but the best part is probably the bartenders and the servers. I just love this place and am glad I live 5 miles away!Special Features:
- Disappointing service, average foodeaterDined on 7/22/2014This is my 3rd time to Ama, the other two were great. Service was clumsy, intrusive, or non-existent. Guidance from the waiter turned out to be wrong. Among our party 3 had great entries, two were ok, and two were disappointing. I will return but hesitantly...Special Features:
- We sat outside over the oceanDougDined on 7/20/2014Great views of the Atlantic,the food is always consistent. Will return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner.NixieDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend. It is located on the second floor of a beach club. Nice ambiance. Service was excellent. Ingredients are local and fresh. Seafood was one of the best I've had (mussels, ahi tuna, and salmon).Dessert was average (we had warm chocolate cake, I've had better). Drinks were good. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BilmaDined on 7/13/2014We decided on AMA after reading an APPress review. It was even better than the reviewer said. We enjoyed our dinner immensely and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Quality dining at its best.....Food was spectacular. Why travel to NYC when you have better dining on the jersey shore......great venue, nice bar, and food was off the charts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food, unique menu choices, nice wine list, very friendly and down to earth staff.Special Features:
- Shore gemSaraDined on 7/11/2014A great meal. AMA never disappoints . We had mussels, which are my favorite! Our friends had cold seafood salad and artichoke salad, outstanding! I had the halibut, which had a delicious tomato compote on top. My husband loved his scallops. Our friends shared a steak. They say it was very good, but not great. It was a wonderful meal, beautifully prepared. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit to AMAMacpDined on 7/11/2014Second time to AMA on a last minute res for a special occasion. Table for large party was ready when we arrived, surprisingly not busy for a gorgeous Shore weekend, the staff was polite and very nice and the food was ok but not wonderful. Fairly pricey for what you get but the setting is beautiful. Definitely better for large group/family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentWedinealotDined on 7/10/2014The food was delicious, with interesting and varies menu options. The service was terrific! We'll be back and we'll bring friends!Special Features:
- Always Delicious!kmcadam60VIPDined on 7/9/2014My favorite place to dine. The food is fresh and the dishes are creative using seasonal fruits and vegetables. Always get the specials but fall back on some of the favorites; Shaved artichoke salad, Prince Edward mussels, Halibut. Staff is friendly and server was knowledgeable and mature. Can always count on Ama for a great dinner!Special Features:
- DDyasladyasVIPDined on 7/4/2014Had dinner here with my family on the 4th of July and had a wonderful meal. Everything from beginning to end was outstanding. Service was great as well. Ama made our 4th memorable.Special Features:
- food made up for service shortfallsredpoisonDined on 6/28/2014I don't know if it was because we sat outside, the server having an off day, but service really wasn't great, but the food was excellent. There wasn't one bad dish on the table. Mussels were really great, perfect sauce, my veal chop was the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major Problem With ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014I made a reservation for a Saturday night, despite knowing it's the busy season. Outside seating seemed lovely, until we realized the staff couldn't handle the additional tables. It took 10 minutes for a server to take a drink order. Once our entrees were served, we were ignored. The server brought my gelato without a spoon and took 5 minutes to bring one--it was half melted by the time he returned. Coffee arrived after dessert, and a refill took an additional 10 minutes. Management agreed that the service was sub-par and then did absolutely nothing to mitigate the issue. I don't mind leisurely dining, but to be ignored is unacceptable. This is not how I expect to be treated when I spend over $200 for dinner. I will not be back.
- DelightedAmaloverDined on 6/28/2014The menu was imaginative and the food was delicious. Cocktails were superb; especially rhe Bellini-Martini. Our server was very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, with a wondeerfully vibrant personality. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- DelishDOLDBAGDined on 6/25/2014The Tuna was excellent as well as our server Maggie. Should have more ocean/beach views, however beautiful. When we were leaving, valet had our car ready and at the door, no waiting! Very impressed. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fantastic experience!AmaZINGDined on 6/22/2014My husband and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary at Ama. The staff was friendly and very knowledable with the wine and food menu. The chef displayed his creativity in the presentation and taste! We will definately return this summer.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT, exceptJOMADined on 6/21/2014We LOVE the food and ambiance at the restaurant, starting with the gracious valet and welcome when you arrive. The night would have been PERFECT (great food, table, beautiful evening) except our waiter decided that he knew best in terms of serving all of our appetizers (shared mussels) and individual GREAT salads at once and when I pointed this out to him, he shrugged and said "what do you want me to do, that's how it goes", hardly what I would expect from such a great restaurant that takes great pride in outstanding services to their guests. We will go back, but next time with a weary eye on our server. Everyone has a bad day, but the expectations are high for Ama and a lapse in service could have ruined a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Really good food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014Unusual take on caesar salad...baby romaine, dressed on bed of prosciutto. Wonderful mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentnittanyzekeDined on 6/19/2014Visited on a Thursday night, everything was outstanding! One of the best places on the Jersey Shore!Special Features:
- Great Food, limited menuReyFeoDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I enjoyed our Father's Day celebration. The kids, not so much, as the menu is really not kind friendly. We found our food to be delicious. The setting is interesting in that you're looking down on the interior of a beach club and in the Seabright area there is a concrete and block wall which blocks the view of the beach....but not the ocean. Service was good although the waitress got a little surly with me for sending back "Gallino Caeser Salad" because I didn;t know that Gallino meant thinly shaved prosciutto. On a happy note, they actually read my note on my reservation asking for a ocean view table....so many times that extra request at the bottom goes un-noticed. Bottom line, the wife and I will go back.Special Features:
- Jersey Shore Gem!afe715Dined on 6/15/2014It is rare to find fine dining at the Jersey Shore but we were lucky to find it in Ama! The food was simply excellent. We shared appetizers of tri colored salad, mussels and fried calamari. Each was prepared to perfection and the sauce served with the mussels was to die for!!! The entrees were equally impressive; creamy shrimp risotto, Mediterranean bronzino fillet and sea scallops. Once again outstanding. The only part of the meal that was lackluster were the desserts - which were ordinary at best - and the espresso, which was really too watery. As far as service, our waiter Terry was fantastic. He and the rest of the staff that we encountered did a great job and are the definitely part of the reason that we will be back.Special Features:
- By far one of the BESTjimnjshoreDined on 6/14/2014From the minute you walk in great Hostess Big smile and warm greeting !! The rest of the staff warm friendly They go over and beyond We fine dine all over and by far the most friendly accommodating stall Our 6 time there Great place That cant do enough for you !!! Its all about the guest ! The Food is always a step above the rest_)Special Features:
- efglovesamaDined on 6/12/2014The food was delicious, we have a wonderful evening although the weather did not cooperate. The service is always professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatPd077Dined on 6/7/2014great food , a little crowded on arrival, hostess was a little overwhelmed but soon got it under control, i think it could use a little renovation as decor is a little dated , and for what their charging it could be a little more upscaleSpecial Features:
- Good food by the sea2eatersVIPDined on 6/6/2014We dined at Ama and enjoyed a delicious dinner. Shared excellent fried calamari to start and wonderful sea scallops. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningMoretoseeVIPDined on 6/4/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the service and quality of food at Ama. We had not previously heard of this restaurant and did not know what to expect. Our party of four all agreed that it met and exceeded all our expectations. First, we dined on Wednesday and wine by the glass was 1/2 price. The menu included a prix fixe option with excellent entree options. Each course was nicely presented and served professionally. The peanut butter semifreddo was outstanding. "Down the Shore" good food rarely comes with good service. Ama is an exception. Our waitress knew each dish and helped us with our wine selection. Each and every person working there was friendly and helpful from the valets who greeted us to the hostess when we left.Special Features: