Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood
1485 Ocean Ave.
Sea Bright, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://amaristorante.com/
- Phone: 7325309760x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday at 5:00-9:30
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Charles "Chuck" Lesbirel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Room & Semi-Private Dinning Available
- Special Events:
A word from Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood
With panoramic and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Shrewsbury River, Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood offers guests traditional and newly imagined Tuscan classics in a warm, inviting setting reminiscent of a Tuscan villa. The imaginative and innovative cuisine, prepared by Chef Charles "Chuck" Lesbirel, offers the finest and freshest ingredients paired with a hand selected wine list that features wines from boutique vineyards in Tuscany and throughout Italy as well as special American selections. Ama Ristorante is open year round to the public. Dinner is served Tuesday through Sunday, starting at 5 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood - Best Restaurants in Sea Bright ›
Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (64)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (49)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (36)notable wine list (31)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (20)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- klambklambDined on 10/17/2014First time visit. Terry our server very professional. Host was attentive as well. My burrata cheese over brushetta was the craziest I've ever eaten. Mussels marinara was fantastic. Swordfish was a touch over seasoned by still edible and cooked perfectly over farro. Cod was very moist and flavorful. Tiramisu was an excellent finish. We would definitely come back as the service was friendly and professional. we would like to work our way through the menu. This is one of the best Italian restaurant s in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the beachJscottyVIPDined on 10/8/2014Excellent location in Sea Bright , great views of the ocean . Friendly , warm greeting and dining experience . Fresh antipasti starter was delicious with variety of selections. Oricchiette pasta fresh and excellent . Veal chop one of the best I have had . Nice bar with great bar food and happy hour . Our server was very enthusiastic and superb. Highly recommend going to Ama.Special Features:
- outstanding in everywayPP3436Dined on 9/30/2014Just this morning I walked into my office and gave two Ama business cards to co-workers. I cannot stop bragging about the awesome experience my husband and I had on Tuesday night. The FOOD, STAFF all around the evening was a dinner to remember. As all of our experience's at Ama are. We will be back soon. Thanks for the Memories. Paula P.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKimDVIPDined on 9/30/2014I am a frequent diner at AMA and it is my favorite spot. I brought my dad, a first time diner. I convinced him to order the strip for dinner, which he said was the best strip steak. He could not stop eating the amazing brooklyn bread as well. Our Server gave great service and the cocktails from the bar were delicious!! I can't wait to bring more first time diners and convert them!!Special Features:
- SuperbHomeHawaiiVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food, service and setting make for a superb dining choice. Once that you have experienced the restaurant it is a guarantee that you'll be a repeat customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheStigVIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent service at the table. Will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Heard great things about the new crew . It exceeded our expectations . Will return soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULARdinerDined on 9/23/2014A couple of friends have recommended this place multiple times. Our only regret was not acting upon the recommendation faster. The view over looking the Atlantic Ocean was breath taking. With our cocktails in hand and Brooklyn bread plated, we were ready for the appetizers. The mussels were outstanding, along with the artichoke shaved salad. We had ordered the Berkshire Pork chop that can only be described as perfection. My wife had ordered the Halibut. For desert we enjoyed the Panna cotta, and the Chocolate Cake. With everything made in house this is a place to visit for fine cuisine, extensive wine selection, and the breath taking view. A must visit for everyone that eats.Special Features:
- Thoroughly Impressed!daisy23Dined on 9/23/2014This was my second time dining at Ama and we had a great meal. The artichoke salad was fantastic! We will be back!Special Features:
- not as good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was not up to its usual standards. I asked for roast potatoes to replace the polenta, it did not happen (eventually the potatoes arrived). The temp of the pork chop was supposed to be medium to medium rare it arrived well done, my jaw got tired chewing. The food here is usually excellent I hope it was just an off night.
- worst service ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It's a shame! the food was very good, however the service was enough to make you loose your appetite. The bread basket was thrown on the table, drinks were ordered and never received but the bill was charged. We had a 7:30 reservation and were finished by 8:32! this was to be fine dinning, it was everything else but. If we were anymore rushed they would have supplied a brown paper bag to go. The view was beautiful but not enough to balace out the short comings of unprofessional staff.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSandyWDined on 9/20/2014I love this restaurant!! Very consistent quality. Always a great choice.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Calamar was thick, chewie and salty. All foods were too salty. Overall disappointment.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!MadonnaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Here's the best way to describe our dining experience - we can't wait to go back! If you can please a group of 7 women you're doing something right!Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014WOW is all I can say about this restaurant. One of the best at the Jersey shore. The artichoke salad is to die for, the scallops were delicious and the service was fantastic. Another person had the special of swordfish which was also outstanding. Will go here again and again and I know what I will order. It will be tough to deviate too much - just need a large group to sample others. The view of the ocean is the best - it was angry and beautiful to watch the night we were there.Special Features:
- Wiine tasting dinnerRickieDined on 9/9/2014The food was wonderful, the accompaning wines made the meal special. The champagne and dessert wine were excellent,the others all very good. The ccordination in the service not always unified, but still a very good experiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything was top notch from food to service. worth every penny. Will be returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner2eatersVIPDined on 8/30/2014went to Ama over the Labor Day weekend with 10 people including 2 children. Had a wonderful dinner to celebrate our daughter's birthday. Food was delicious and service was very good. Have eaten here before and will definitely return. Have recommended the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Very Good Food but PriceySBqueenDined on 8/29/2014I dined at Ama for the first time with a friend. Food was very good, from the try-color salad to the halibut. The cappuccino was weak and my friend, who was celebrating her birthday, could not order sauvignon blanc. Our server told her it is no longer on the menu, which we thought a bit unusual. Overall, we enjoyed our meal, but thought the bill was pricey. $33 for Halibut was a bit extreme. Fortunately, the fish was delicious.Special Features:
- travelDined on 8/27/2014I was disappointed in the food. Mussels were so small, could hardly find them in the shell. Halibut was tasty but overdone. Chocolate cake was good.Special Features:
- Very niceJackChampainDined on 8/27/2014Excellent, creative food. Didn't like the table we were first seated at, asked to move, no problem. Creative cocktail menu, good drinks. Food was top notch, service very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice viewjk23VIPDined on 8/23/2014Nice meal with nice view of club's pool and beach. Veal chop was great and so was simple sounding Cavalli dish that was mouthwatering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielDined on 8/13/2014Great chef and culinary team in the kitchen pumps out some outstanding tuscan inspired italian food!Special Features:
- Excellent foodMiguelDined on 8/9/2014Ama was very impressive. Our server was so friendly and knowledgeable. The food was outstanding and served in a timely manner but not rushed. We will be going back!Special Features:
- Special dinnerSpecialDined on 8/9/2014We had asked for a quiet table outside, on open table & were initially going to be seated inside. When we called to inquire about dress code we were told business casual. We were grossly over dressed next to white undershirts & cut offs. The write up I had read said 'same elegant dining outside', 'white table cloths' (no! woven outdoor table top, some with umbrellas), 'excellent wait staff' (was very good), 'excellent food' (very nice). I have forgotten the whole Beach Club scene, not quiet when we arrived, kids running around tables in the outside dining area. It was a beautiful evening, but I wish I had worn capris & a nice tank top. Maybe we should wait to Fall/Winter to come again, but I just love eating outdoors!
- Yummy dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014We celebrated our daughters birthday here- her choice. It was Wednesday so wine by the glass was half price which is a bonus. The past dishes were delicious! Very nice ambiance. No kids menu so not the best for younger children unless they are not fussy eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1234Dined on 8/2/2014waited at bar for 20 min before bartender asked me what I wanted. ????? we had a 8 30 reservation and we arrived at 8 20 and told hostess we will be waiting at bar for the rest of our party......at 9 00 we asked why we r still waiting and they told us they gave our table away...no one came to bar to get us.....
- Wonderful serviceladyasVIPDined on 8/2/2014Again another amazing meal. Love this restaurant. The service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Could not have been betterTheMurrayVIPDined on 8/1/2014What can I say - a fantastic meal. Food, service, decor, location- Ama has it all. I highly recommend a visit there and I will most certainly return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014The shaved artichoke salad was a highlight. Menu was a little limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, yet againKimDVIPDined on 7/30/2014I have been to AMA numerous times and every time it gets better and better. We dined on a Wednesday and 1/2 off wines by the glass was a great way to begin our night. Our appetizers hit the mark and we're fresh and delicious. Our table chose the ribeye, halibut, and chicken for dinner and everyone thoroughly enjoyed everything. Our server, Maggie, was attentive and sweet. I recommend AMA to anyone who has never been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great choice every timeShawnDined on 7/23/2014I have enjoyed Wednesday evening happy hours, business group dinners and dinner for two at AMA. It is always a great experience. A fun bar where you can try specialty drinks, sip a glass of wine and enjoy the ocean view and company. The food is always fresh and delicious but the best part is probably the bartenders and the servers. I just love this place and am glad I live 5 miles away!Special Features:
- Disappointing service, average foodeaterDined on 7/22/2014This is my 3rd time to Ama, the other two were great. Service was clumsy, intrusive, or non-existent. Guidance from the waiter turned out to be wrong. Among our party 3 had great entries, two were ok, and two were disappointing. I will return but hesitantly...Special Features:
- We sat outside over the oceanDougDined on 7/20/2014Great views of the Atlantic,the food is always consistent. Will return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner.NixieDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend. It is located on the second floor of a beach club. Nice ambiance. Service was excellent. Ingredients are local and fresh. Seafood was one of the best I've had (mussels, ahi tuna, and salmon).Dessert was average (we had warm chocolate cake, I've had better). Drinks were good. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BilmaDined on 7/13/2014We decided on AMA after reading an APPress review. It was even better than the reviewer said. We enjoyed our dinner immensely and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Quality dining at its best.....Food was spectacular. Why travel to NYC when you have better dining on the jersey shore......great venue, nice bar, and food was off the charts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food, unique menu choices, nice wine list, very friendly and down to earth staff.Special Features:
- Shore gemSaraVIPDined on 7/11/2014A great meal. AMA never disappoints . We had mussels, which are my favorite! Our friends had cold seafood salad and artichoke salad, outstanding! I had the halibut, which had a delicious tomato compote on top. My husband loved his scallops. Our friends shared a steak. They say it was very good, but not great. It was a wonderful meal, beautifully prepared. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit to AMAMacpDined on 7/11/2014Second time to AMA on a last minute res for a special occasion. Table for large party was ready when we arrived, surprisingly not busy for a gorgeous Shore weekend, the staff was polite and very nice and the food was ok but not wonderful. Fairly pricey for what you get but the setting is beautiful. Definitely better for large group/family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.