Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood
1485 Ocean Ave.
Sea Bright, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://amaristorante.com/
- Phone: (732) 530-9760
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday at 5:00-9:30
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Charles "Chuck" Lesbirel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Room & Semi-Private Dinning Available
- Special Events:
A word from Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood
With panoramic and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Shrewsbury River, Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood offers guests traditional and newly imagined Tuscan classics in a warm, inviting setting reminiscent of a Tuscan villa. The imaginative and innovative cuisine, prepared by Chef Charles "Chuck" Lesbirel, offers the finest and freshest ingredients paired with a hand selected wine list that features wines from boutique vineyards in Tuscany and throughout Italy as well as special American selections. Ama Ristorante is open year round to the public. Dinner is served Tuesday through Sunday, starting at 5 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood - Best Restaurants in Sea Bright ›
Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)scenic view (59)special occasion (46)good for groups (38)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- More then Met the ChallengecharlieVIPDined on 11/23/2014We had the $30 Prix Fixe on Sunday the 23rd. The Chef was more than up to the challenge. The food here is as good as any in Monmouth County, and that is saying something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST TRY!!!!!!luv2eatdanVIPDined on 11/22/2014Outstanding foo, good service and nice view. Extremely happy it was recommended to us. A MUST TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Aroundpingman07757VIPDined on 11/16/2014We were here on a recent Sunday evening which is a great time to go because the sound level is less energetic. Sometimes a little less is better. Its cerainly not our first time here and iI always ask myself why we are not here every week? The food is always excellent, service is superior to any restaurant in the proximate area. We both had fish Branzino and Salmon and both were wonderfully prepared. Plates are attracrive and well served The questions I always have after dinner at any restaurant are; how were the food and service and did I receive value for my money. The answer at AMA has always been that I am happy each and every time. My plan is to be there more in the winter when its less crowded. If you like a great restauranrt I may see you there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable evening!ChrissyDined on 11/9/2014To celebrate our friend's Anniversary, four of us decided to have dinner at Ama Ristorante this past Sunday night during Restaurant Week. This was our first time and we will return. When we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly hostess and seated immediately. Our server, Richard was at our table within seconds. He was extremely knowledgable about what the specials were and what our choices included under the price fixe menu. We decided we would all share, when possible. The meals were all delicious, (salmon, pasta, and cod) the portions were sizable and well presented. The manager stopped by so we told him that his staff is well-trained and extremely pleasant. A great evening-don't miss the desserts.Special Features:
- A Sea Bright bestNJnNYDined on 11/9/2014We went to Ama as part of the Jersey Shore Restaurant Week and were very impressed. The special menu was extensive and the food was delicious. Italian restaurants are a dime a dozen at the Shore but this one stands out as one of the best. We will definitely return. They even do a Sunday night prie fixe every week that is comparable to the Restaurant Week special.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekCloud9Dined on 11/8/2014Great price for above average dining experience. Unique and delicious. Loved the warm chocolate cake. And the veggie antipasto was so good.Special Features:
- ANOTHER WONDERFUL MEALPP3436Dined on 11/8/2014I just had lunch in my office with my left over dinner from Ama, I have to say it was just as great as it was two nights ago. The food is spectacular....and the staff are the best we have ever encountered, we are always made to feel right at home. Love Ama and the everything about it.Special Features:
- Did not live up to expectationsDelishDined on 11/7/2014I had heard good things about the restaurant and was excited to try it but was very disappointed. We had to wait 15 min even though we had a reservation and there were open tables. The food was mediocre. The crispy calamari was anything but crispy - soggy and tasteless. The warm chocolate cake was equally tasteless and had a weird texture. The breast of chicken dish was just ok. At least the waiter was friendly and attentive.
- Nice atmosphere, excellent foodDoubleDDDined on 11/4/2014This restaurant has a great wine selection and great food. There are many weekly specials. We enjoyed quiet dining on a Tuesday night. They offer weekly specials. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Our pasta was great as were the salad a Tuscan Kale special and delicious bread- warm and toasty. The wine was great and we had no room left for dessert. The dining room is large and we could see this would be a great venue for a party as well. There is a view of the ocean and beach but alas it is now dark at 5 PM and so we just knew it was out there. We intend to go back and as well to see their outside Tiki Bar during the winter months, which is heated by gas lamps and they get a good crowd to watch the football gamesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nsceyeDined on 11/4/2014We had mussels with Brookllyn Bread appetizer..that was outstanding...main entrees duck bolognese fettuchini was ok but the seaboat scallops were A+ wine menu is half price on tuesday with a nice wine list.and service was quite goodSpecial Features:
- Ama - ExcellentjerseyroseDined on 11/2/2014The bar, food, SERVICE OUTSTANDING . View is unreal of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best down the shoreDougDined on 11/1/2014We have been there many times over the last few month's and the food is consistently excellent time and time again. Some of the outstanding dishes we have shared were the Bronzino,swordfish, chicken and most recently the duck bolognese. The views during the summer months over the ocean are beautiful......congrats to the chef and Tyler and his staffSpecial Features:
- excellent restaurantravenVIPDined on 10/31/2014the best restaurant for miles. worth a trip from anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- klambklambDined on 10/17/2014First time visit. Terry our server very professional. Host was attentive as well. My burrata cheese over brushetta was the craziest I've ever eaten. Mussels marinara was fantastic. Swordfish was a touch over seasoned by still edible and cooked perfectly over farro. Cod was very moist and flavorful. Tiramisu was an excellent finish. We would definitely come back as the service was friendly and professional. we would like to work our way through the menu. This is one of the best Italian restaurant s in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014I have found Ama to have one of the best menus around. The calamari is a definite must have for us. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we walked in. Our waiter couldn't have been more attentive to us and our needs. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Gem on the beachJscottyVIPDined on 10/8/2014Excellent location in Sea Bright , great views of the ocean . Friendly , warm greeting and dining experience . Fresh antipasti starter was delicious with variety of selections. Oricchiette pasta fresh and excellent . Veal chop one of the best I have had . Nice bar with great bar food and happy hour . Our server was very enthusiastic and superb. Highly recommend going to Ama.Special Features:
- outstanding in everywayPP3436Dined on 9/30/2014Just this morning I walked into my office and gave two Ama business cards to co-workers. I cannot stop bragging about the awesome experience my husband and I had on Tuesday night. The FOOD, STAFF all around the evening was a dinner to remember. As all of our experience's at Ama are. We will be back soon. Thanks for the Memories. Paula P.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKimDVIPDined on 9/30/2014I am a frequent diner at AMA and it is my favorite spot. I brought my dad, a first time diner. I convinced him to order the strip for dinner, which he said was the best strip steak. He could not stop eating the amazing brooklyn bread as well. Our Server gave great service and the cocktails from the bar were delicious!! I can't wait to bring more first time diners and convert them!!Special Features:
- SuperbHomeHawaiiVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food, service and setting make for a superb dining choice. Once that you have experienced the restaurant it is a guarantee that you'll be a repeat customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheStigVIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent service at the table. Will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Heard great things about the new crew . It exceeded our expectations . Will return soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULARdinerDined on 9/23/2014A couple of friends have recommended this place multiple times. Our only regret was not acting upon the recommendation faster. The view over looking the Atlantic Ocean was breath taking. With our cocktails in hand and Brooklyn bread plated, we were ready for the appetizers. The mussels were outstanding, along with the artichoke shaved salad. We had ordered the Berkshire Pork chop that can only be described as perfection. My wife had ordered the Halibut. For desert we enjoyed the Panna cotta, and the Chocolate Cake. With everything made in house this is a place to visit for fine cuisine, extensive wine selection, and the breath taking view. A must visit for everyone that eats.Special Features:
- Thoroughly Impressed!daisy23Dined on 9/23/2014This was my second time dining at Ama and we had a great meal. The artichoke salad was fantastic! We will be back!Special Features:
- not as good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was not up to its usual standards. I asked for roast potatoes to replace the polenta, it did not happen (eventually the potatoes arrived). The temp of the pork chop was supposed to be medium to medium rare it arrived well done, my jaw got tired chewing. The food here is usually excellent I hope it was just an off night.
- worst service ever!AndyandAnnetteDined on 9/20/2014It's a shame! the food was very good, however the service was enough to make you loose your appetite. The bread basket was thrown on the table, drinks were ordered and never received but the bill was charged. We had a 7:30 reservation and were finished by 8:32! this was to be fine dinning, it was everything else but. If we were anymore rushed they would have supplied a brown paper bag to go. The view was beautiful but not enough to balace out the short comings of unprofessional staff.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSandyWDined on 9/20/2014I love this restaurant!! Very consistent quality. Always a great choice.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Calamar was thick, chewie and salty. All foods were too salty. Overall disappointment.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!MadonnaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Here's the best way to describe our dining experience - we can't wait to go back! If you can please a group of 7 women you're doing something right!Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014WOW is all I can say about this restaurant. One of the best at the Jersey shore. The artichoke salad is to die for, the scallops were delicious and the service was fantastic. Another person had the special of swordfish which was also outstanding. Will go here again and again and I know what I will order. It will be tough to deviate too much - just need a large group to sample others. The view of the ocean is the best - it was angry and beautiful to watch the night we were there.Special Features:
- Wiine tasting dinnerRickieDined on 9/9/2014The food was wonderful, the accompaning wines made the meal special. The champagne and dessert wine were excellent,the others all very good. The ccordination in the service not always unified, but still a very good experiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything was top notch from food to service. worth every penny. Will be returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner2eatersVIPDined on 8/30/2014went to Ama over the Labor Day weekend with 10 people including 2 children. Had a wonderful dinner to celebrate our daughter's birthday. Food was delicious and service was very good. Have eaten here before and will definitely return. Have recommended the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Very Good Food but PriceySBqueenDined on 8/29/2014I dined at Ama for the first time with a friend. Food was very good, from the try-color salad to the halibut. The cappuccino was weak and my friend, who was celebrating her birthday, could not order sauvignon blanc. Our server told her it is no longer on the menu, which we thought a bit unusual. Overall, we enjoyed our meal, but thought the bill was pricey. $33 for Halibut was a bit extreme. Fortunately, the fish was delicious.Special Features:
- travelDined on 8/27/2014I was disappointed in the food. Mussels were so small, could hardly find them in the shell. Halibut was tasty but overdone. Chocolate cake was good.Special Features:
- Very niceJackChampainDined on 8/27/2014Excellent, creative food. Didn't like the table we were first seated at, asked to move, no problem. Creative cocktail menu, good drinks. Food was top notch, service very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice viewjk23VIPDined on 8/23/2014Nice meal with nice view of club's pool and beach. Veal chop was great and so was simple sounding Cavalli dish that was mouthwatering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielDined on 8/13/2014Great chef and culinary team in the kitchen pumps out some outstanding tuscan inspired italian food!Special Features:
- Excellent foodMiguelDined on 8/9/2014Ama was very impressive. Our server was so friendly and knowledgeable. The food was outstanding and served in a timely manner but not rushed. We will be going back!Special Features:
- Special dinnerSpecialDined on 8/9/2014We had asked for a quiet table outside, on open table & were initially going to be seated inside. When we called to inquire about dress code we were told business casual. We were grossly over dressed next to white undershirts & cut offs. The write up I had read said 'same elegant dining outside', 'white table cloths' (no! woven outdoor table top, some with umbrellas), 'excellent wait staff' (was very good), 'excellent food' (very nice). I have forgotten the whole Beach Club scene, not quiet when we arrived, kids running around tables in the outside dining area. It was a beautiful evening, but I wish I had worn capris & a nice tank top. Maybe we should wait to Fall/Winter to come again, but I just love eating outdoors!
- Yummy dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014We celebrated our daughters birthday here- her choice. It was Wednesday so wine by the glass was half price which is a bonus. The past dishes were delicious! Very nice ambiance. No kids menu so not the best for younger children unless they are not fussy eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.