52 West Main St
Freehold, NJ 07728Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alyciasbistro.com/home.html
- Phone: 7324622305x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Tues-Thur:5:00PM to 9:30PM
Fri-Sat 12:00PM to 10:30PM
Sunday:12:00PM to 9PM
Open For Lunch Fri- Sun
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Alycia Frances
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Alycia's Bistro
Alycia's Bistro is American Cuisine with a contemporary twist. Everything is cooked fresh from scratch, in-house, from our dressings to our desserts. We aspire to use the freshest ingredients in all of our dishes by using Local and Seasonal ingredients as much as possible. This reflects in our Seasonally Changing Menu. We offer a modern and casual setting, and are a BYOB. Bring your wine for Our Award Winning Spiced Sangria. A must try !!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Alycia's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Freehold ›
Alycia's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (15)special occasion (10)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Chef is excellentChrisDined on 10/18/2014This was my second time here. The menu changes seasonally and uses the locally farmed vegetables. The food is exceptional and each meal is prepared one by one (as noted on the card at our table). The food takes a little longer to prepare, but it is worth the wait. Ambiance is nice, in a old Victorian home, although it is a bit noisy with hard wood floors etc. Overall we really like this restaurant, as it offers some "home cooked" meals in a casual but nice atmosphere. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful2diningoutDined on 10/18/2014we had been there in the past when it was Lorenzo,s and we thought we,d try the new restaurtant . well it was better then advertised with wonderful food and wait staff who were very attendative. it is a B Y O B which always makes it nice too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/14/2014why was i only created 100 points when opentable has it listed as a 1000Special Features:
- LaraVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went for, 1000 pt, Sunday night at 8pm. We were one of three tables when arrived. But those tables left and the vibe was for us to leave as well ( felt like we were intruding). Chef is talented food was above standard. Nice place to go (go early) for a good mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencememaDined on 10/10/2014Interesting, creative menu with tasty food, adequate portions and good serviceSpecial Features:
- lak444LAK444Dined on 10/7/2014We were 7 women celebrating a friend's birthday and all had a lovely dining experience. Restaurant is not large but it is charming and warm. They also have an outside patio for dining. Everything is freshly prepared by Alycia and it is obvious she loves what she does. Be sure to save room for the peach cobbler if it is in season. At the end of the evening Alycia came to our table to chat. Service was great and with a smile. It appeared a bit pricey since everything is ala carte but we all agreed it was worth every penny. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseMomof3VIPDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I will definitely be back. Shrimp and grits and short ribs were delicious. Freehold needs a new spot for great food and I think we found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buzzinbeaDined on 10/3/2014this a place we will definitely visit again. The short ribs were outstanding and peach cobbler was warm and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Not ConsistentB4ShowVIPDined on 9/27/2014We first had dinner at Alycia several weeks ago on a week night. I must say that the food was very good. I had the shrimp and grits and my wife had short ribs which were also very good. Last Friday night we there based on our previous meal and we found the food disappointing. My meal was mussels and that was fine. But, the $25.00 short rib dinner my wife ordered was terrible. The short rib was mostly fat and my wife did her best to carve out the fat to find meat that was edible. After my wife got as much meat as possible we called over the waitress to show her that the plate was covered mostly with fat and told her we were disappointed. Her response was barely a nod to confirm what we had told her.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Food very good. We have eaten there two times now and both times enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- finedinerfinedinerDined on 9/20/2014We tried a lot of new flavors & enjoyed them all. The grilled peaches with goat cheese, pancetta & pesto was a great starter. Our friendly waitress recommended the shrimp & grits, tequila lime chicken & short ribs and they were all delicious. We will definitley go back!Special Features:
- Just AwesomeDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Dinner was great from start to finish. The menu is seasonal and the creative menu reflects what is freshest and in season. Love that! Freehold needs a different type of restaurant. Will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food comfortable BYOBMargieDined on 9/18/2014We very much enjoyed Alycia's Bistro. Our fish entrees, salmon and haddock were delicious and well prepared. The salad was very large, sizable for two. Very fresh food prepared well. Service was polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fresh and DelicioussageDined on 9/13/2014It is nice to finally have a local restaurant that is an experience and does not rush you the door. Cooked to order, friendly staff and good prices with excellent quality. Our new favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for okay fooddoctorsavDined on 9/13/2014One of the longest and worse dining experiences I have had in a long time!! First we showed up at 750 for 800 reservations and were told we would have to wait a while, which is really no big deal except I was staring at 2 empty tables that could accommodate us. We waited over 15 minutes and were seated at one of those tables I was staring at. After they came and took our orders it took 50 minutes to get our appetizers and another hour after that to get our meal. The polenta truffle fries were okay, nothing special. The Alaskan Pollack sounded amazing but was bland, the coconut rice that came with it was very good. Waiting all that time the waitress did not check on us to refill our waters. I would not recommend this place to anyone
- GoodLUVFOODTRVLVIPDined on 9/10/2014Came here on a whim. Fried calamari was above average. Shrimp and grits were good. Risotto was fine. Not made with Arborio rice however.
- Great new findAnnaDined on 9/5/2014Found this restaurant on Open Table. My family went here to celebrate my sister's birthday. The food was wonderful as well as the staff. The menu had a nice variety. Would have loved to sit outside on the porch, but the weather was a bit hot that night. Will definitely come back. It's also a BYOB!Special Features:
- The Mojitos were great for grandma!luvkmojitosDined on 8/31/2014We had an enjoyable dinner at Alicia's, and grandma especially enjoyed the virgin monitors. It was a very pleasant dining experience and a very quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freehold FindwineanddineVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is one of the better BYOB restaurants in Freehold. I had an early dinner on the steamed clams and the shrimp with grits. it seemed like a jambalaya with grits instaed of rice It's always good to try interesting dishes that aren't common to other places. Well, both these were very good; certainly was 3 1/2 to maybe 4 stars on these delicious choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great the second time!CookingFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Another great visit to Alycia's. the fresh catch special monkfish with vanilla bean butter fantastic! Heirloom beet salad was so fresh. Summer sangria was delish. Can't wait to try the fall menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Menu. Awesome find!sageDined on 8/17/2014Found this on restaurant.com and Open Table. Did not know the old restaurant left. This is an awesome addition to the area. Finally something that does not only serve Italian food. BYOB which is always great but they offer mixes to make Sangria and Mojito's. Special appetizer of grilled peaches with prosciutto and goat cheese AMAZING. The entree's were good portions and very flavorful. Even the butter was delicious with a sweet flavoring. Met the owner so nice and gracious. I hope this makes it and is around a long time!Special Features:
- Daughter's recommendationsuzieqDined on 8/16/2014This location has changed several times and it seems this is the best so far. The food was delicious and seasonal so we can't wait to go back in the fall and see what they have to offer. BYOB suits our small group just fine. We sat outside as the weather was perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!MollyBDined on 8/15/2014It's good to know that there's a place of this quality in the bustling heart of Freehold.Special Features:
- nice place but...julesDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food slow service but we wanted.it that way as we were girlfriends catching up. However had it been a diff night I may have been a little bothered....nice atmosphere Porch area a bit noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LmacDined on 8/3/2014The food was just wonderful. There were 6 of us dining and everyone raved about the combinations and just how wonderful it wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to the other side of the tracksMPaulJCVIPDined on 7/29/2014You could miss Alycia's as it's literally separated from the rest of Freehold's eateries by the train tracks. Don't miss it. My tilapia over linguine with pesto was delicious. I'd recommend against the sitting on the patio during the week or weekend afternoons if you don't like traffic noises.Special Features:
- PleasedinPrincetonDined on 7/24/2014Freehold has many mediocre restaurants. We were very pleased with the creative dishes in this one! They do not charge New York prices, service is friendly, and the food is good. We shall return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/19/2014Second visit and was wonderful! Met mike and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnhonestDined on 7/18/2014Dined here with friends on a Friday night it was a great experience. The food was well prepared and they used interesting ingredients that blended well together. Would like another vegetarian main dish or two for variety. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it you'll like itstevekDined on 7/15/2014We found this new restaurant in Freehold by accident. A lucky accident that opened up a new venue in the area. The food is excellent, service is friendly and casual yet professional.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!georgeDined on 7/12/2014Dined outside with my wife and son. Menu is very unique for the shore area, flavor/sauces reminded me of NY City. We had the mussels, polenta fries and mystic shrimp (really good) as our appetizers which were all perfect. Entrees were Skirt Steak and Shrimp/Grits with lobster mac & cheese (awesome). Definitely give this place a chance. Service was great. Desserts all made by restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/4/2014Food was very good, we took a chance and we're happily surprised. We will recommend and will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseLocalsVIPDined on 7/4/2014We were in town for a wedding and saw Alycia's on the web and decided to try it. What a wonderful surprise! Excellent food (save room for the carrot cake), attentive and charming service in a great setting. Not "gourmet" but pretty close. BYOB. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Alycia's is excellent2FoodiesDined on 7/4/2014We went with two other couples and shared several apps as well as shared two entrees. Unique menu with unique ingredients and great flavors. Polenta parmesan fries, roasted clams and Mystic shrimp are fantastic starters. Very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst meal everOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/4/2014Not only was the food bad, but when the manager came over and heard our complaints all he said was I' m sorry and walked away. Nothing was taken off of our bill even though we sent back the warm salad and the tasteless macaroni.
- Awesome FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Second visit to Alycia's. First time we got the skirt steak and the shrimp and grits ( which is supposed to be one of their Signature Dishes) Both very good. This visit their summer menu was out with some changes. The scallops were awesome and the short ribs melted in your mouth. The Mystic Shrimp is a must have as well. They are trying to be more casual than the previous place. We felt very comfortable. Will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Alycia's Bistro reviews archive.
- Just delicious!CookingFoodieDined on 6/24/2014What a great find. Everything was delectable from start to finish. Started with pork belly apple salad and the mystic shrimp. Very different flavor combinations and went so well together. Dinner we had the scallops n short ribs. Out of this world. You can tell everything was freshly cooked. We couldn't pass up dessert since they too were made fresh in house. Had the cheesecake pops and sweet corn panna cotta. Another interesting mix that was fantastic. Will be going back to try everything else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not4meVIPDined on 6/21/2014The skirt steak was not edible. This was the first time ever I was not able to eat my dinner. I will not be going back especially because I don't think this restaurant will make it.Special Features:
- Great menu, very well executed!JeffDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I were walking by one night and looked at the menu they had posted. We were very interested, and they DEFINITELY executed. Start to finish, not a bad morsel of food to be had. The 6/13 visit was actually our second time there (5 days after the first time), and there will be many more to come. Alycia and Mike have the right mindset of letting availability of the best ingredients influence the menu. Any specials you see are there for a reason. Most notable - the tomato and lemon ricotta salad. Very original presentation and maybe the best tomatoes I've ever eaten. Seafood risotto was also fantastic. I look forward to seeing Alycia's in my town for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and deliciousExcellentVIPDined on 6/11/2014Chef Alycia has created a menu that is extremely inventive and beautifully prepared. It has a southern/southwestern influence, (e.g. skirt steak with chimmichurri sauce and an app of sauteed shrimp with corn spoon bread aptly named Alycia's Mystic Shrimp)and everything is prepared totally from scratch. The four of us who dined recently are, to some extent, "foodies" and all of us felt that Alycia hit the bullseye. Her desserts are to die for, especially the carrot cake and my favorite, rice pudding creme brule. We're looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.