52 West Main St
Freehold, NJ 07728Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alyciasbistro.com/home.html
- Phone: 7324622305x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Tues-Thur:5:00PM to 9:30PM
Fri-Sat 12:00PM to 10:30PM
Sunday:12:00PM to 9PM
Open For Lunch Fri- Sun
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Alycia Frances
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Alycia's Bistro
Alycia's Bistro is American Cuisine with a contemporary twist. Everything is cooked fresh from scratch, in-house, from our dressings to our desserts. We aspire to use the freshest ingredients in all of our dishes by using Local and Seasonal ingredients as much as possible. This reflects in our Seasonally Changing Menu. We offer a modern and casual setting, and are a BYOB. Bring your wine for Our Award Winning Spiced Sangria. A must try !!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Alycia's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Freehold ›
Alycia's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (13)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Freehold FindwineanddineVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is one of the better BYOB restaurants in Freehold. I had an early dinner on the steamed clams and the shrimp with grits. it seemed like a jambalaya with grits instaed of rice It's always good to try interesting dishes that aren't common to other places. Well, both these were very good; certainly was 3 1/2 to maybe 4 stars on these delicious choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great the second time!CookingFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Another great visit to Alycia's. the fresh catch special monkfish with vanilla bean butter fantastic! Heirloom beet salad was so fresh. Summer sangria was delish. Can't wait to try the fall menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Menu. Awesome find!sageDined on 8/17/2014Found this on restaurant.com and Open Table. Did not know the old restaurant left. This is an awesome addition to the area. Finally something that does not only serve Italian food. BYOB which is always great but they offer mixes to make Sangria and Mojito's. Special appetizer of grilled peaches with prosciutto and goat cheese AMAZING. The entree's were good portions and very flavorful. Even the butter was delicious with a sweet flavoring. Met the owner so nice and gracious. I hope this makes it and is around a long time!Special Features:
- Daughter's recommendationsuzieqDined on 8/16/2014This location has changed several times and it seems this is the best so far. The food was delicious and seasonal so we can't wait to go back in the fall and see what they have to offer. BYOB suits our small group just fine. We sat outside as the weather was perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!MollyBDined on 8/15/2014It's good to know that there's a place of this quality in the bustling heart of Freehold.Special Features:
- nice place but...julesDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food slow service but we wanted.it that way as we were girlfriends catching up. However had it been a diff night I may have been a little bothered....nice atmosphere Porch area a bit noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LmacDined on 8/3/2014The food was just wonderful. There were 6 of us dining and everyone raved about the combinations and just how wonderful it wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to the other side of the tracksMPaulJCVIPDined on 7/29/2014You could miss Alycia's as it's literally separated from the rest of Freehold's eateries by the train tracks. Don't miss it. My tilapia over linguine with pesto was delicious. I'd recommend against the sitting on the patio during the week or weekend afternoons if you don't like traffic noises.Special Features:
- PleasedinPrincetonDined on 7/24/2014Freehold has many mediocre restaurants. We were very pleased with the creative dishes in this one! They do not charge New York prices, service is friendly, and the food is good. We shall return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/19/2014Second visit and was wonderful! Met mike and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnhonestDined on 7/18/2014Dined here with friends on a Friday night it was a great experience. The food was well prepared and they used interesting ingredients that blended well together. Would like another vegetarian main dish or two for variety. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it you'll like itstevekDined on 7/15/2014We found this new restaurant in Freehold by accident. A lucky accident that opened up a new venue in the area. The food is excellent, service is friendly and casual yet professional.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!georgeDined on 7/12/2014Dined outside with my wife and son. Menu is very unique for the shore area, flavor/sauces reminded me of NY City. We had the mussels, polenta fries and mystic shrimp (really good) as our appetizers which were all perfect. Entrees were Skirt Steak and Shrimp/Grits with lobster mac & cheese (awesome). Definitely give this place a chance. Service was great. Desserts all made by restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/4/2014Food was very good, we took a chance and we're happily surprised. We will recommend and will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseLocalsVIPDined on 7/4/2014We were in town for a wedding and saw Alycia's on the web and decided to try it. What a wonderful surprise! Excellent food (save room for the carrot cake), attentive and charming service in a great setting. Not "gourmet" but pretty close. BYOB. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Alycia's is excellent2FoodiesDined on 7/4/2014We went with two other couples and shared several apps as well as shared two entrees. Unique menu with unique ingredients and great flavors. Polenta parmesan fries, roasted clams and Mystic shrimp are fantastic starters. Very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst meal everOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/4/2014Not only was the food bad, but when the manager came over and heard our complaints all he said was I' m sorry and walked away. Nothing was taken off of our bill even though we sent back the warm salad and the tasteless macaroni.
- Awesome FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Second visit to Alycia's. First time we got the skirt steak and the shrimp and grits ( which is supposed to be one of their Signature Dishes) Both very good. This visit their summer menu was out with some changes. The scallops were awesome and the short ribs melted in your mouth. The Mystic Shrimp is a must have as well. They are trying to be more casual than the previous place. We felt very comfortable. Will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just delicious!CookingFoodieDined on 6/24/2014What a great find. Everything was delectable from start to finish. Started with pork belly apple salad and the mystic shrimp. Very different flavor combinations and went so well together. Dinner we had the scallops n short ribs. Out of this world. You can tell everything was freshly cooked. We couldn't pass up dessert since they too were made fresh in house. Had the cheesecake pops and sweet corn panna cotta. Another interesting mix that was fantastic. Will be going back to try everything else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not4meVIPDined on 6/21/2014The skirt steak was not edible. This was the first time ever I was not able to eat my dinner. I will not be going back especially because I don't think this restaurant will make it.Special Features:
- Great menu, very well executed!JeffDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I were walking by one night and looked at the menu they had posted. We were very interested, and they DEFINITELY executed. Start to finish, not a bad morsel of food to be had. The 6/13 visit was actually our second time there (5 days after the first time), and there will be many more to come. Alycia and Mike have the right mindset of letting availability of the best ingredients influence the menu. Any specials you see are there for a reason. Most notable - the tomato and lemon ricotta salad. Very original presentation and maybe the best tomatoes I've ever eaten. Seafood risotto was also fantastic. I look forward to seeing Alycia's in my town for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and deliciousExcellentVIPDined on 6/11/2014Chef Alycia has created a menu that is extremely inventive and beautifully prepared. It has a southern/southwestern influence, (e.g. skirt steak with chimmichurri sauce and an app of sauteed shrimp with corn spoon bread aptly named Alycia's Mystic Shrimp)and everything is prepared totally from scratch. The four of us who dined recently are, to some extent, "foodies" and all of us felt that Alycia hit the bullseye. Her desserts are to die for, especially the carrot cake and my favorite, rice pudding creme brule. We're looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodIrawDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I have been there a few times now and so far it's been consistently great. The menu is a bit small, however I would rather have a smaller menu with excellent food than inconsistence. I understand the menu changes seasonally. I hope to go back for all of the seasons..Special Features:
- Great new spotRevNeumannVIPDined on 5/24/2014Im always up for trying a new place but rarely get my hopes up for something decent. This was a great surprise, the staff was friendly, easy parking (rare in freehold on a Friday or sat), and all of the food was very good and a bit different from the norm. Since it is Byob the dinner cost is reasonable and you leave with leftovers suitable for lunch the next day. I'll definitely be back to this great new restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for this FoodieTrueFoodieDined on 5/23/2014Tried an early dinner with a cpl of friends. We are definately self proclaimed foodies! Been to all the best Restaurants in NY and Love the Great Dive Places too! We go for the food! This was a cross of the 2! The food was homey comfort food. The Sangria was great. Looks like it got mixed reviews but it was fabulous (depends on the palate I guess) Started with the pork belly apple salad- this you can only find up north, then the short ribs- it melted in your mouth like butter. My girlfriends and I loved the food and stayed way too long! lol but long enough to split a carrot cake- it was addicting. The only negative was the crowd seemed to be a bit senior for me. Im sure thats a left over of the last stuffy Restaurant. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointedfoodyDined on 5/16/2014The food was terrible. The Award winning Sangria was horrid and when we mentioned it to the owner he told us it is a culinary thing and made it like we do not know. They actually ruined two good bottles of wine, one white and one red. The owner was pompous and the place was empty. The service was bad.
- Fantastic.joeyDined on 5/16/2014We Love This Place!!! My family and I had an incredible meal at Alycia's Bistro. The apps we had were fantastic and the entrees were delicious. My son loved the mac and cheese and raved about it the entire ride home. The price is very reasonable compared to the other over priced restaurants down the street and the portions are huge. We had to try the desserts and they truly are homemade. But the sangria is by far the best we have ever tasted. Place is very clean and professional. We cant wait to come back again very soon. Its about time we found a restaurant were excited about returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All AroundDinerVIPDined on 5/15/2014We were frequent patrons of the old restaurant and couldnt be happier with the new place. The food was fantastic and cooked perfectly. Short ribs and shrimp and grits were to die for. Portion sizes were large too. We got the spiced Sangria and it felt like we were back in Spain. The staff was friendly and the owner checked in on us. Definitely a place we will be going back to.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant in FreeholdTheKWCDined on 5/11/2014Delicious food, exceptional service! Everything was prepared fresh to order. The chef is adaptable to any changes in your order. The wait staff were so efficient, friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food DeliciousIrawDined on 5/10/2014This location has previously been 6 other restaurants in the past. It was most recently L Aqua. Alycia's Bistro ' s food was cooked perfectly and was delicious. I ordered Sea Bass and my wife had skirt steak. As an appetizer, we enjoyed the pork belly salad. In the end we were told all desserts were made in house except the tartufo. We did not order dessert. Pricing was reasonable.It is a byob and the made sangria. The sangria was not good and we could not drink it. They need a better recipe for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Alycia's Bistro reviews archive.