309 West Congress St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aluresavannah.com/
- Phone: (912) 233-2111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly from 5:00pm until 10:30pm
Bar is open from 4:00pm until 10:30pm Sunday through Thursday, and until midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Zeran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from a.Lure Savannah
Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. a.Lure's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements our rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm to table philosophy is supplemented by exciting offerings from around the world. You can sample local grouper or big eye tuna flown in from Hawaii just for a.Lure. Regional produce, oysters, blue crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the locally sourced items on our menu, as well Nebraska corn fed angus steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
a.Lure Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
a.Lure Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)special occasion (71)romantic (68)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (33)notable wine list (31)good for groups (24)late-night find (10)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Phenomenal!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014So glad I chose this place! My best dinner during my 6 nights of dining in the south. Fried green toms were tasty, fish was spectacular, & dessert of pecan choc pie was grand. Also tried their grits, which were good. A bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing, definitely a wonderful spot!southerngalVIPDined on 11/17/2014I have been fond of A. Lure since it opened. The menu ranges from fun seafood dishes, like mine made w/ scallops, risotto and carrots and peas, to this amazing wagu burger. Their truffle fries are to die for and their fried green tomatoes are fantastic. They do a terrific deconstructed low country boil that is "lick the plate" amazing. I have never been disappointed at this restaurant and enjoy it each and every time. Service is efficient and unobtrusive and the wine list is varied. You just can't go wrong with this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great, relaxed dinner.Dorset96Dined on 11/13/2014Had a great, relaxed dinner on a Thursday evening. The place was busy but not to the point of being distracting or annoying. Service was attentive but not intrusive. The food was very good. All of it. Chicken livers dusted with cornmeal, pork shank, low country boil, etc. Would happily eat any of them again. The portions were substantial, so I can't speak to dessert. Will be back next time I'm in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoverofgoodfoodDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at A.Lure. This was our first time in Savanna. So glad I chose this restaurant. We shared the lamb carpaccio - great choice! I ordered the peas and carrots entree- delicious , great presentation!! My husband ordered the filet, very tender. The evening was delightful,. We dwcided not to order desserts, however the choices sounded wonderful. Our service was excellent as was our corner, nice and quiet! If we are ever back in Savanna we will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding HospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014despite it being exceptionally a busy night and sitting at a less than quiet table the staff could not have been nicer or more accomadating. Our food was expertly crafted and presented as well as being totally sumptuous! Service was attentive but not intrusive. In general just a superior dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and friendly Southern foodCAddsDined on 11/8/2014Every dish we had were wonderful, thank you to our waitress from Ohio for the recommendations. She was so friendly. We thought the food were delicious along with the nice cold Chardonnay especially the smoked duck breast dish. That was amazing. The Lamb ragu special that night was quite tasty. Everything was done so well along with an incredible service. We had dinner that night.Special Features:
- Needs WorkEventsonthegoVIPDined on 11/8/2014After trying out the bar and apps the evening before, we were disappointed the next evening. Made the reservation weeks ago. I ordered a second drink and waited 20 minutes.......they ran out of glasses....never heard of this in a first class restaurant with first class prices. Food came out room temp but we could not attract the attention of a wait person. The two hostesses (one who was obsessed with pulling down her lavender mohair mini) were totally unaware of anything except who was at the door. I would definitely go back, but they need to get their act together. The low country boil was minute in size but not price, shrimps were small, crab cake was small..........back to the drawing board my friendsSpecial Features:
- DeliciousGATravelsDined on 11/7/2014Enjoyed dinner at A.lure, the food was delicious, ambiance perfect for a relaxing meal. Enjoyed the exposed brick, vent hoods, etc inside, lots of details inside. The wine list was great and servers very knowledgable. Will definitly go back next time in Savvy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find close to the city marketwannabfoodieDined on 11/7/2014We went with friends. We each had a different dish. We started with open rabbit ravioli and crab cakes both were excellent. We had the blueberry salad w/ goat cheese also very good.For our entrées we ordered the snapper which is served as a whole fish, the roasted chicken which was scrumptious and light, the braised pork roast, fall off the bone tender and delicious. and last the evenings special a pumpkin curry pasta so filling but I just couldn't put my fork down. Our waiter was very attentive we never felt rushed or neglected. Overall it was a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stand out in SavannahCopstadDined on 11/5/2014The staff was extremely attentive and the atmosphere was very nice. The food was excellent in spots and drinks were ok. The Lamb Carpaccio was transcendent and the Braised Pork shank was wonderful. Creme Brulee for dessert was a perfect end. All and all one of the better restaurants in Savannah!Special Features:
- OutstandingDaveRDined on 11/2/2014Quite surprised by the crowd on a Sunday night. Everything was great, we both had the pork shank...awesome. Great service, there when you needed something, but did not hover or push too hard with small talk. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- wonderful findLuvStoneCrabsVIPDined on 10/31/2014We love the unusual atmosphere of this restaurant. With a small menu A.Lure manages to offer an entrée you will enjoy. The pork shank was superb and the Low Country boil an unusual take on this classic. We were not overwhelmed with the Lamb Carpaccio, thought it a bit too salty. We told our server and it was removed quickly. Everyone has different tastes. Don't miss this while in Savannah.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014We were a party of four. We have a bed and breakfast in Savannah and we eat at local restaurants so we can provide recommendations to our guests. We loved this restaurant. The food was delicious and timed perfectly, the service was outstanding, and the ambiance was just perfect. This is one of the few restaurants we definitely will recommend to every guest that walks through our door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fantastic servicelocal1dnrDined on 10/24/2014We live in Savannah and are fortunate to have so many great choices when we dine out. this was our first time dining at a. Lure. We were very impressed by our server, Olivia. She was delightful and very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. We had a wonderful meal and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fine any experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and fab food!CliffyDined on 10/23/2014We booked online last minute and it was fab. The waitress was so friendly and helpful she really made it a great experience . Tried the fried green tomatoes- not my cup of tea but prawns and grits was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceNodietformeDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant came highly recommended. My dining partner's order was not great and our server immediately took it back without hesitation and gave her something else. There were no questions asked and multiple people came to the table to apologize and assure her a new meal would be out soon. The new meal (pan-seared grouper) came out within 7 minutes or so. Cooked to perfection. I had the shrimp & grits which were incredible. The bartender was also very helpful and patient as we decided on wine. But overall service with the host, bartender, and server, Heliema, was great. This place is a hidden gem in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIowaFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Our food was excellent, however the waiter seemed a bit distracted. Our biggest issue was the noise level as it was difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bi-polar mealGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 10/16/2014We dined here on recommendation of friends who live in town, and had two truly opposite experiences with our meals. Without being able to recall our appetizers (other than to say they were good), my wife ordered the Shrimp & Grits with Goat Cheese, which were inedible because they were so salty (she literally had three bites). I had the "Peas & Carrots" (scallops on a bed of risotto with peas and carrots), which was probably the best scallops dish I've ever eaten. When our server noted that my wife had barely touched her dish, he disappeared for a few minutes, then came back, saying "We'd like to comp you dessert to make up for the bad experience." We were charged for inedible dish. Service declined during the meal. We would not return.
- A Favorite in SavannahIowanLovesSavannahDined on 10/16/2014We always eat at least once at a.Lure when in Savannah. Always a great meal, fresh, different and delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Great location right beside the city market... Smaller restaurant and from the sounds of neighboring conversations, a hot spot for locals.... an older crowd... great food and service.Special Features:
- Exquisite9896VIPDined on 10/11/2014From the cocktails to the dessert, these guys get it! Food is terrific and the service is on par with the best of big name fine dining restaurants. In a town filled with many dining options, a.Lure is not resting on their laurels, but rather wowing the diner from beginning to end. A great experience and we’ll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alluring? Ok, that's stupidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great restaurant. This is pretty expensive, plan on spending $35-55 a person before drinks. I had the low country broil. They deconstructed it to the point of absurdity though. I draw the line at corn flan. Everything else was good though, amazing crab cake. The wife had the seafood pasta. Also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful exprerienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/9/2014We had such a great time. The service was very fast( Shelby, if I remember right was our server), very sweet and attentive. The food was out of this world. Every single thing that we had was outstanding. Heads down, the best food quality in Savannah.Special Features:
- Lures you inMichaelDined on 10/3/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience. The ambiance and food were very good. The only negative was we sat at our table for about 10 minutes before our server came. Not a lack of help at the restaurant however. We think she was just a brand new server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Find in SavannahBestBite67Dined on 10/3/2014As much as Savannah has to offer, good restaurants that venture beyond the southern standards have been scarce. For this reason, a.Lure is a welcome addition to the food scene. We had an excellent meal featuring fresh ingredients prepared with contemporary flair. Atmosphere was inviting, service was excellent. Overall, this was the best dining experience I have ever had in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor serviceHHF23Dined on 9/30/2014A.Lure offers creative cuisine in a romantic and friendly setting We ordered 4 appetizers each was unique in texture and taste From the lamb carpaccio w blue ice cream to the home made potato chips w a drizzle of cheese and topped w confetti like veggies each was pleasing to the eye and palate The only problem was the waitress served all the dishes at the same time So some of the dishes cooled before we got to them and the ice cream melted She also could not understand why we wanted clean bread plates for each dish I would strongly recommend A.LureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceSFTravelerDined on 9/27/2014A.Lure has outstanding food and service. It is a very romantic place, but a little noisy. Fortunately we were seated in a quieter area of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint GemScgirlVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was our first dining experience at a.lure. We were very impressed with the level of personal service from the very professional service staff as well as hostesses and bartenders. But the food was the star here! The rabbit open ravioli was absolutely fabulous. Even though it was a starter it was enough along with the blueberry salad to be perfectly filling. My husband had the white chocolate and violet panna cotta for dessert. He was in love! We will definitely return when we visit Savannah again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Made a reservation for the evening of 25 Sept and were treated cordially from the get go. I am not good with names but our server was excellent. She made sure we had everything we needed and was quite knowledgeable of the menu items.Special Features:
- Pleasant evening with a friendHappycamperDined on 9/23/2014Our food was delicious, my friend had the shrimp and grits and I had the grouper special. Our waiter was very attentive, but did not hover. The atmosphere is attractive and comfortable. We had an enjoyable experience and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a.lureOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was terribly seasoned I mean there was so much salt on our main dishes that I was guzzling water and the service was so slow, there was NO ONE in the restaurant and we waited for quite some time in between courses which left me tired.
- Not that alluringrobinsonthDined on 9/20/2014Maybe it was just an off night for a.Lure, but it did not live up to its billing. We got off to a bad start, when they were out of the wine we wanted. Then they only had two glasses of choice number two. Really? On the positive side, the decor is inviting. The presentation/plating was beautifully done. The open face lasagna app was delicious. My fish was over-cooked. The seared scallops special was called peas and carrots because it had coulis of pea and a coulis of carrot. It was beautiful, but the flavor was too subtle for my taste. More bad news came with the check, as the entrees were mid-$30s. All in all, not the greatest experience.
- What a find for usTederfDined on 9/19/2014We were wandering around Savannah during our vacation. Got a little turned around and asked a very nice young woman directions. We got to chatting with her and, since she said she worked at a nearby hotel, asked for a non-touristy dinner recommendation. She said we must try a.lure. So, made the reservation and we certainly were happy we stumbled upon this recommendation. We had a wonderful meal with some of the most attentive service we have ever had -- and we are fine dining foodies. I had the whole snapper which was perfect. My wife had a shrimp dish which she said was delicious. Our drinks were also really well made. Ended the meal with a nice pecan something. I would definitely return and highly recommend a.lure.Special Features:
- delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Were seated within 2 minutes of arrival. I had the shrimp and grits, paired with the malbec, which were phenomenal. The wife had the burger, which was a very large portion, also delish. For dessert, I had the s'more pie. Good, but not add good as the wife's creme brulee. Overall very satisfied with the food and the service, and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gjantoniGjsantoniVIPDined on 9/10/2014a'Lure impress us very good, the restaurant simple but elegant, the food was outstanding, the service couldn't be more polite and readiness. We meet with another friend who was two days before us, and he had the same impression, of all restaurant he went at Savannah, a'Lure was the one to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodyummyDined on 9/6/2014the food was so good. we had awesome shrimp and grits, foie gras, scallops, thai snapper, and so much more. would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd great restaurant in this spotDocTorVIPDined on 9/6/2014Every trip down to Savannah is rewarded with a NEW restaurant (even in the location of a former). In this case we happened upon it no by passing on the street but via OpenTable. We booked hoping we would not be disappointed. We were on the contrary very much pleased. We had dined at the Bistro Savannah and at Bacchus in the past. But this place a.Lure is a sure star and fit the large shoes left by their predecessors. Our hostess was very pleasant and came by our table a few times during the evening to introduce herself and ask hour our experience was going. Our waitress Shelby was awesome. She knew her menu, and more.. for more visit: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60814-d2662397-r227479606-Alure-Savannah_Georgia.html#REVIEWSSpecial Features:
- Eclectic, Fun and Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014This was by far the best dinner we had in Savannah. The food was amazing. The chef has a true talent for utilizing fresh ingredients in unique combinations that come together as a work of art. The ambience is fun, as tables are close enough to interact with neighbors but not so close that diners have no privacy. We also enjoyed a fabulous bottle of wine at a reasonable price. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The entrees were pretty good. The appetizers and homemade biscuits were disappointing.Special Features:
- A really great dining experience!PazzoDined on 9/3/2014We had a lovely time this evening at a.Lure. Service was excellent. For an appetizer we had the hard-boiled eggs du jour, which had Dijon mustard and a bit of lemon zest, along with pickled radishes, cucumbers, & okra. Very tasty. Hubby had the seafood pasta du jour. Tonight it was grouper & shrimp with angel hair pasta, shiitake mushrooms, & Dijon cream sauce. Clean plate. I had Shrimp & Grits. The shrimp were pop in your mouth fresh. The crispy fried leek "shoestrings" added a nice crunch. The star for me was the grits. Anson Mills' grits, which are the best. a.Lure stepped them up a notch or three by adding in Mascarpone & Goat Cheese. Crikey, who needs the Shrimp?!? Just give me this kind of cheesy grits, and I'm in dog bone heaven!Special Features: