309 West Congress St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aluresavannah.com/
- Phone: 9122332111x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly from 5:00pm until 10:30pm
Bar is open from 4:00pm until 10:30pm Sunday through Thursday, and until midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Zeran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from a.Lure Savannah
Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. a.Lure's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements our rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm to table philosophy is supplemented by exciting offerings from around the world. You can sample local grouper or big eye tuna flown in from Hawaii just for a.Lure. Regional produce, oysters, blue crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the locally sourced items on our menu, as well Nebraska corn fed angus steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
a.Lure Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
a.Lure Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)special occasion (66)romantic (59)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (30)notable wine list (25)good for groups (17)late-night find (10)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- What a find for usTederfDined on 9/19/2014We were wandering around Savannah during our vacation. Got a little turned around and asked a very nice young woman directions. We got to chatting with her and, since she said she worked at a nearby hotel, asked for a non-touristy dinner recommendation. She said we must try a.lure. So, made the reservation and we certainly were happy we stumbled upon this recommendation. We had a wonderful meal with some of the most attentive service we have ever had -- and we are fine dining foodies. I had the whole snapper which was perfect. My wife had a shrimp dish which she said was delicious. Our drinks were also really well made. Ended the meal with a nice pecan something. I would definitely return and highly recommend a.lure.Special Features:
- gjantoniGjsantoniVIPDined on 9/10/2014a'Lure impress us very good, the restaurant simple but elegant, the food was outstanding, the service couldn't be more polite and readiness. We meet with another friend who was two days before us, and he had the same impression, of all restaurant he went at Savannah, a'Lure was the one to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodyummyDined on 9/6/2014the food was so good. we had awesome shrimp and grits, foie gras, scallops, thai snapper, and so much more. would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd great restaurant in this spotDocTorVIPDined on 9/6/2014Every trip down to Savannah is rewarded with a NEW restaurant (even in the location of a former). In this case we happened upon it no by passing on the street but via OpenTable. We booked hoping we would not be disappointed. We were on the contrary very much pleased. We had dined at the Bistro Savannah and at Bacchus in the past. But this place a.Lure is a sure star and fit the large shoes left by their predecessors. Our hostess was very pleasant and came by our table a few times during the evening to introduce herself and ask hour our experience was going. Our waitress Shelby was awesome. She knew her menu, and more.. for more visit: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60814-d2662397-r227479606-Alure-Savannah_Georgia.html#REVIEWSSpecial Features:
- Eclectic, Fun and Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014This was by far the best dinner we had in Savannah. The food was amazing. The chef has a true talent for utilizing fresh ingredients in unique combinations that come together as a work of art. The ambience is fun, as tables are close enough to interact with neighbors but not so close that diners have no privacy. We also enjoyed a fabulous bottle of wine at a reasonable price. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The entrees were pretty good. The appetizers and homemade biscuits were disappointing.Special Features:
- A really great dining experience!PazzoDined on 9/3/2014We had a lovely time this evening at a.Lure. Service was excellent. For an appetizer we had the hard-boiled eggs du jour, which had Dijon mustard and a bit of lemon zest, along with pickled radishes, cucumbers, & okra. Very tasty. Hubby had the seafood pasta du jour. Tonight it was grouper & shrimp with angel hair pasta, shiitake mushrooms, & Dijon cream sauce. Clean plate. I had Shrimp & Grits. The shrimp were pop in your mouth fresh. The crispy fried leek "shoestrings" added a nice crunch. The star for me was the grits. Anson Mills' grits, which are the best. a.Lure stepped them up a notch or three by adding in Mascarpone & Goat Cheese. Crikey, who needs the Shrimp?!? Just give me this kind of cheesy grits, and I'm in dog bone heaven!Special Features:
- Food lacks punch.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014While the food seems to be prepared with fresh and quality ingredients, the flavor is not there. The drinks are bland.
- Great Affordable FindJoeJoeVIPDined on 8/30/2014From the food to the service to the management, all were above expectations. This will be a new must do, when in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over promised - Under deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Our initial response was favorable, the overall aesthetic of the restarant is reminenscent of Soho, NYC. Everthing went downhill from there - the service and the food were equally disappointing. The real kicker was how everone we incountered in the establisment acted like it (and they) were FABULOUS. Save your time and money - go elsewhere. It was the worst meal we had in Savannah.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014My hudband and I really enjoyed our dinner at A.lure. We loved the foie gras, the lamb carpaccio and the seafood angel pastas. Awesome! And very attentive service. We will definitely go back there when we are back in Savannah!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFunromantic7454Dined on 8/23/2014We loved every part of our dining experience from the service to the food.Special Features:
- Excellent mealkittyloverDined on 8/23/2014Table awaited our 6:45 reservation. Fast, friendly service. Nice atmosphere, but a bit noisy. As a group of 4, we all had different entries. Everyone of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Did not do deserts or starters.Special Features:
- ChefChuckDined on 8/22/2014Over all a very good dining experience. I would have rated the food higher, but some flavor profiles were a bit muted and missed the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go again!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great atmosphere, food and staff was amazing. In our table of 4, we all tried something different and everyone's dinner was amazing. The staff was very attentive. Wine list was good with good options at all price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDA2176VIPDined on 8/21/2014Great food, great service. One of Savannah's best.
- Found Bliss in Savannahgolfguy66Dined on 8/19/2014From the moment Cassidy seated us to our last sip of perfect coffee, a.Lure never disappointed...not once. Our servers, Sonya and Bill, saw to our every need but without hovering or appearing impatient. Indeed, they seemed genuinely interested in us as people and wanted to make sure our dining experience was first rate. Their recommendations of both food and wine were totally on target, though as outstanding as the food is at a.Lure, I doubt they could steer a diner wrong even if they wanted to. And the food? Beyond good. My Thai snapper was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared to the last bite. My bride, who loves scallops, declared hers the best she's ever had. First course, salad, dessert - outstanding. Would crawl back.Special Features:
- Great flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I ordered the chicken livers, shrimp & grits, and chicken & waffles. All had great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- careyDined on 8/16/2014Our food was delicious, from the cheese plate and scallops we had as apps to the fried chicken with waffles and swordfish we ate for our meals. The cocktail list was inventive and fun. Charming and upbeat atmosphere. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Southern Contemporary!!misterpeejDined on 8/16/2014We had an early dinner at Alure this past August, and I must say that this was one of the most exquisite dining experiences I have had in my life. Reservations were at 6:45 - we arrived 30 minutes early and were immediately accommodated. The service was fast, friendly, and knowledgeable. For appetizer, we started off with Lamb Carpaccio and Seared Scallops. Both dishes were fresh, cooked to perfection, and portioned perfect for an appetizer. Highly recommended. For entrees, we had Shrimp and Grits as well as Pork Shank. The shrimp entree was light and creamy and very flavorful, the pork shank was a big portion and brilliantly cooked . Dessert we had bourbon pecan pie with fresh homemade ice cream - WOW! Overall 5 stars! 100% Will return!!!Special Features:
- Delightful dinning experienceryndromaDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I dinned here during a vacation to Savannah. The whole experience was very pleasant. We had a great waiter, wish I could remember his name. The manager stopped by to see how we were enjoying the food, always feels good to have that level of care shown. After looking at numerous restaurants in the area for our classy dinner night, we choose a.Lure largely because they had a menu that stood out from the rest. So many of the other restaurants could have menu names swapped and you'd hardly notice. a.Lure broke from that and did it well. I would without hesitation recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Foie gras pate with Cabernet onions and poached cherries was incredible, the combination of rich and sweet was very well put together. The pork shank was fork tender and delicious, set atop garlic grits and glazed with a charred tomato demi. A. Lure is a can't miss spot in savannahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signature DishSnapperDined on 8/9/2014This trendy restaurant reviewed well so thought we'd indulge. So glad we did. The ambient décor, friendly service enticed us. The rabbit ravioli and fried green tomatoes were a great start with our martinis-- a take on the traditional mojito was delicious. For our entrees, I tried one of the signature dishes, a Thai Snapper and it did not disappoint. My wife tried the filet mignon and unfortunately, the hostess claimed "quality control issues" while we waited for her dish. That should have been our cue to stay away from beef in a region specializing in seafood. The end result was a filet mignon that was sub-par and I would not recommend. Otherwise, our experience was memorable and I would give a.Lure a solid 3.5 stars (-1 for filet mignon).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Low Country BoilLorieDined on 8/8/2014Loved the spin on the low country boil! Adding the collards and crab cake was an excellent touch! I love fresh cream corn but not sure about the flan. It was pretty but for me, I would have preferred fresh shaved corn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & staff; poor facilitiesLloyd204Dined on 8/2/2014Locals. Anniversary and birthday celebration. Food was superb, staff was attentive, sensitive to disabilities. Downsides were that it took almost an hour to receive entree, wife never received drink order due to server misunderstanding, tables were very close to one another so that noise level was unacceptable. Ultimate insult was that this restaurant has only one w.c. -- and it's unisex! Had others waiting to use it; took me three trips to finally secure use of the room and within minutes others were seeking its use. Waiter apologized, attributed it to the age of building. Totally unacceptable! BTW, moisture of overhead pipes had to be manually wiped by staff with towel attached to rod. Will not return or recommend.
- cru42Dined on 8/2/2014Centrally located close to the City Market, a.Lure is a great neighborhood restaurant with excellent service, a nice bar area, and a fine menu of local favorites.Special Features:
- OutstandingSouthernManDined on 8/2/2014We tried a.Lure during Restaurant Week and what a delightful surprise. The interior was modern and elegant. The service was friendly and attentive. And the food......was outstanding! Between the two of us we tried the Tomato Bisque, Caesar salad, beef medallions with asparagus and mashed potatoes and the sorbet and chocolate torte. Every dish was delicious. We would highly recommend a.Lure to our friends and we look forward to returning for another exquisite meal. Thank you a.Lure!Special Features:
- Enjoyable anniversary dinner!!!bobdar35Dined on 8/1/2014Came to Savannah for our 35th wedding anniversary. Looked online and saw great reviews. Decided to try it especially since there were some delicacies on the menu that we have never tried, specifically the rabbit ravioli and the duck. We were not disappointed. My wife wanted to pick up the dish from the ravioli and lick the sauce out of the bowl. Great atmosphere and better service. Planning another trip to Savannah and we will go back!!!Special Features:
- A.Lure Is Heaven in a RestaruantmojorobiVIPDined on 7/31/2014After hearing several tourists and local food critics rave for months, I finally had the chance to dine in and it was well worth the wait. A.Lure's atmosphere rivals the restaurants in Manhattan's West Village. The food was delectable as the pork shank literally melts in your mouth. The quality of service was the biggest surprise. I'm always nervous about visiting new places during "Restaurant Week" because the high volume of patrons usually compromises the dining experience. However, the A.Lure was fully staffed and prepared to exceed all of my expectations. I'm looking forward to returning. To the A.lure staff, -Thank you! Score: 10/10. The Perfect Dining ExperienceSpecial Features:
- Best Restaurant week dinnerElizabethDined on 7/31/2014This was our first visit during restaurant week to a.lure. The choices were all very good and we enjoyed the whole experience. The staff was a little too attentive, always asking if everything was ok. Better that than ignoring I guess. The dessert was very slow in coming, we almost finished our coffee by the time it came. A big pet peeve of ours, coffee and dessert not timed together. Our waitress Kristen was very nice and except for the dessert gave us very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreekGodVIPDined on 7/29/2014While some of the flavors were tasty ("peas and carrots," open rabbit ravioli and seafood pasta), the sauces were a bit heavy (lots of cream). The biscuits and bread at the start were disappointingly dry. Service was also a bit strange (waiter never looked us in the eye) and the menu items as advertised on Opentable were not necessarily available. Time to update. What was the most troubling, though, was that the restaurant week items, like the caesar salad were noticeably smaller, as if those that are paying less get less (only tomato soup and salad were the restaurant week appetizers). In the 4 days that we spent in Savannah, this was by far the most inconsistent and unsatisfying meal. There are better for sure.
- Great Date NightlslovesfoodDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I decided to go on a dinner date on a Sunday night and picked A.Lure. The food was great, the choice of beverages were good, the service was wonderful and overall our evening was deliciously wonderful. Thanks!Special Features:
- Awesome Dinner Experience!CathiDVIPDined on 7/27/2014We went to A.Lure on restaurant week to try it out. We were so impressed! Beautiful inside in a casual way. The wait staff is fabulous and the food was so good! Healthy even! I think this may be my new favorite Savannah restaurant. I had the tenderloin medallions and it was wonderful!Special Features:
- Dad's BirthdayChuckVIPDined on 7/26/2014It took a little while to be seated and we did have reservations. It was, however, Restaurant Week here in Savannah so they were busy. The service was still great and the food was better. I had the seafood pasta which was al dente! abundant morsels of scallops, clams, shrimp, fish, and more! their contemporary take on a low country boil was creative and tasty. My dad who was celebrating his 50th bday had the shrimp and grits which was excellent. Even their cocktails were good. I had the basil lemonade. I worked as concierge at the Marshall House and I have to say this place impressed me.Special Features:
- Good food, but no need to returnDubCDined on 7/26/2014Food was very good as was the service. Shrimp and grits were excellent, as was the wine. The scallops were very good, but small; for a coastal town, I expected two large dry packed scallops, not the same one's I can get back in PA. Service was very good; which you would expect at a higher end restaurant. Overall, a very good choice for dinner.
- 1st Visit Great ImpressionVanessaVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant. The service was great and the food was superb. I will most definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suszDined on 7/25/2014We dined during restaurant week and the selections were perfect. From the moment we entered a.lure until leaving our service and attention was wonderful.Special Features:
- ExcellentLjMackDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is excellent! Everything about it stood out. The staff were very nice. It was an inviting atmosphere. The food was excellent! The drinks were great as well. We enjoyed their version of low country boil. It was hands down different but everything of awesomeness. We'll definitely be dining here from time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 75knitterVIPDined on 7/17/2014Celebrated our anniversary here. Exceptional food,service ,ambiance. Little extras made the evening very special. Thanks a.lureSpecial Features:
- ATLfoodieDined on 7/11/2014We ordered the specials - food was great - fresh, seasonal, and prepared well. Kudos to the chef for having original and tasty dishes! The restaurant is quiet, but has a nice ambiance. The staff was very accommodating.Special Features: