309 West Congress St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aluresavannah.com/
- Phone: 9122332111x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly from 5:00pm until 10:30pm
Bar is open from 4:00pm until 10:30pm Sunday through Thursday, and until midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Zeran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from a.Lure Savannah
Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. a.Lure's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements our rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm to table philosophy is supplemented by exciting offerings from around the world. You can sample local grouper or big eye tuna flown in from Hawaii just for a.Lure. Regional produce, oysters, blue crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the locally sourced items on our menu, as well Nebraska corn fed angus steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
a.Lure Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
a.Lure Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)special occasion (64)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (29)notable wine list (28)good for groups (19)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Outstanding serviceNodietformeDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant came highly recommended. My dining partner's order was not great and our server immediately took it back without hesitation and gave her something else. There were no questions asked and multiple people came to the table to apologize and assure her a new meal would be out soon. The new meal (pan-seared grouper) came out within 7 minutes or so. Cooked to perfection. I had the shrimp & grits which were incredible. The bartender was also very helpful and patient as we decided on wine. But overall service with the host, bartender, and server, Heliema, was great. This place is a hidden gem in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIowaFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Our food was excellent, however the waiter seemed a bit distracted. Our biggest issue was the noise level as it was difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bi-polar mealGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 10/16/2014We dined here on recommendation of friends who live in town, and had two truly opposite experiences with our meals. Without being able to recall our appetizers (other than to say they were good), my wife ordered the Shrimp & Grits with Goat Cheese, which were inedible because they were so salty (she literally had three bites). I had the "Peas & Carrots" (scallops on a bed of risotto with peas and carrots), which was probably the best scallops dish I've ever eaten. When our server noted that my wife had barely touched her dish, he disappeared for a few minutes, then came back, saying "We'd like to comp you dessert to make up for the bad experience." We were charged for inedible dish. Service declined during the meal. We would not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Great location right beside the city market... Smaller restaurant and from the sounds of neighboring conversations, a hot spot for locals.... an older crowd... great food and service.Special Features:
- Exquisite9896VIPDined on 10/11/2014From the cocktails to the dessert, these guys get it! Food is terrific and the service is on par with the best of big name fine dining restaurants. In a town filled with many dining options, a.Lure is not resting on their laurels, but rather wowing the diner from beginning to end. A great experience and we’ll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alluring? Ok, that's stupidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great restaurant. This is pretty expensive, plan on spending $35-55 a person before drinks. I had the low country broil. They deconstructed it to the point of absurdity though. I draw the line at corn flan. Everything else was good though, amazing crab cake. The wife had the seafood pasta. Also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful exprerienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/9/2014We had such a great time. The service was very fast( Shelby, if I remember right was our server), very sweet and attentive. The food was out of this world. Every single thing that we had was outstanding. Heads down, the best food quality in Savannah.Special Features:
- Lures you inMichaelDined on 10/3/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience. The ambiance and food were very good. The only negative was we sat at our table for about 10 minutes before our server came. Not a lack of help at the restaurant however. We think she was just a brand new server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Find in SavannahBestBite67Dined on 10/3/2014As much as Savannah has to offer, good restaurants that venture beyond the southern standards have been scarce. For this reason, a.Lure is a welcome addition to the food scene. We had an excellent meal featuring fresh ingredients prepared with contemporary flair. Atmosphere was inviting, service was excellent. Overall, this was the best dining experience I have ever had in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor serviceHHF23Dined on 9/30/2014A.Lure offers creative cuisine in a romantic and friendly setting We ordered 4 appetizers each was unique in texture and taste From the lamb carpaccio w blue ice cream to the home made potato chips w a drizzle of cheese and topped w confetti like veggies each was pleasing to the eye and palate The only problem was the waitress served all the dishes at the same time So some of the dishes cooled before we got to them and the ice cream melted She also could not understand why we wanted clean bread plates for each dish I would strongly recommend A.LureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceSFTravelerDined on 9/27/2014A.Lure has outstanding food and service. It is a very romantic place, but a little noisy. Fortunately we were seated in a quieter area of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint GemScgirlVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was our first dining experience at a.lure. We were very impressed with the level of personal service from the very professional service staff as well as hostesses and bartenders. But the food was the star here! The rabbit open ravioli was absolutely fabulous. Even though it was a starter it was enough along with the blueberry salad to be perfectly filling. My husband had the white chocolate and violet panna cotta for dessert. He was in love! We will definitely return when we visit Savannah again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Made a reservation for the evening of 25 Sept and were treated cordially from the get go. I am not good with names but our server was excellent. She made sure we had everything we needed and was quite knowledgeable of the menu items.Special Features:
- Pleasant evening with a friendHappycamperDined on 9/23/2014Our food was delicious, my friend had the shrimp and grits and I had the grouper special. Our waiter was very attentive, but did not hover. The atmosphere is attractive and comfortable. We had an enjoyable experience and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a.lureOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was terribly seasoned I mean there was so much salt on our main dishes that I was guzzling water and the service was so slow, there was NO ONE in the restaurant and we waited for quite some time in between courses which left me tired.
- Not that alluringrobinsonthDined on 9/20/2014Maybe it was just an off night for a.Lure, but it did not live up to its billing. We got off to a bad start, when they were out of the wine we wanted. Then they only had two glasses of choice number two. Really? On the positive side, the decor is inviting. The presentation/plating was beautifully done. The open face lasagna app was delicious. My fish was over-cooked. The seared scallops special was called peas and carrots because it had coulis of pea and a coulis of carrot. It was beautiful, but the flavor was too subtle for my taste. More bad news came with the check, as the entrees were mid-$30s. All in all, not the greatest experience.
- What a find for usTederfDined on 9/19/2014We were wandering around Savannah during our vacation. Got a little turned around and asked a very nice young woman directions. We got to chatting with her and, since she said she worked at a nearby hotel, asked for a non-touristy dinner recommendation. She said we must try a.lure. So, made the reservation and we certainly were happy we stumbled upon this recommendation. We had a wonderful meal with some of the most attentive service we have ever had -- and we are fine dining foodies. I had the whole snapper which was perfect. My wife had a shrimp dish which she said was delicious. Our drinks were also really well made. Ended the meal with a nice pecan something. I would definitely return and highly recommend a.lure.Special Features:
- delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Were seated within 2 minutes of arrival. I had the shrimp and grits, paired with the malbec, which were phenomenal. The wife had the burger, which was a very large portion, also delish. For dessert, I had the s'more pie. Good, but not add good as the wife's creme brulee. Overall very satisfied with the food and the service, and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gjantoniGjsantoniVIPDined on 9/10/2014a'Lure impress us very good, the restaurant simple but elegant, the food was outstanding, the service couldn't be more polite and readiness. We meet with another friend who was two days before us, and he had the same impression, of all restaurant he went at Savannah, a'Lure was the one to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodyummyDined on 9/6/2014the food was so good. we had awesome shrimp and grits, foie gras, scallops, thai snapper, and so much more. would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd great restaurant in this spotDocTorVIPDined on 9/6/2014Every trip down to Savannah is rewarded with a NEW restaurant (even in the location of a former). In this case we happened upon it no by passing on the street but via OpenTable. We booked hoping we would not be disappointed. We were on the contrary very much pleased. We had dined at the Bistro Savannah and at Bacchus in the past. But this place a.Lure is a sure star and fit the large shoes left by their predecessors. Our hostess was very pleasant and came by our table a few times during the evening to introduce herself and ask hour our experience was going. Our waitress Shelby was awesome. She knew her menu, and more.. for more visit: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60814-d2662397-r227479606-Alure-Savannah_Georgia.html#REVIEWSSpecial Features:
- Eclectic, Fun and Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014This was by far the best dinner we had in Savannah. The food was amazing. The chef has a true talent for utilizing fresh ingredients in unique combinations that come together as a work of art. The ambience is fun, as tables are close enough to interact with neighbors but not so close that diners have no privacy. We also enjoyed a fabulous bottle of wine at a reasonable price. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The entrees were pretty good. The appetizers and homemade biscuits were disappointing.Special Features:
- A really great dining experience!PazzoDined on 9/3/2014We had a lovely time this evening at a.Lure. Service was excellent. For an appetizer we had the hard-boiled eggs du jour, which had Dijon mustard and a bit of lemon zest, along with pickled radishes, cucumbers, & okra. Very tasty. Hubby had the seafood pasta du jour. Tonight it was grouper & shrimp with angel hair pasta, shiitake mushrooms, & Dijon cream sauce. Clean plate. I had Shrimp & Grits. The shrimp were pop in your mouth fresh. The crispy fried leek "shoestrings" added a nice crunch. The star for me was the grits. Anson Mills' grits, which are the best. a.Lure stepped them up a notch or three by adding in Mascarpone & Goat Cheese. Crikey, who needs the Shrimp?!? Just give me this kind of cheesy grits, and I'm in dog bone heaven!Special Features:
- Food lacks punch.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014While the food seems to be prepared with fresh and quality ingredients, the flavor is not there. The drinks are bland.
- Great Affordable FindJoeJoeVIPDined on 8/30/2014From the food to the service to the management, all were above expectations. This will be a new must do, when in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over promised - Under deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Our initial response was favorable, the overall aesthetic of the restarant is reminenscent of Soho, NYC. Everthing went downhill from there - the service and the food were equally disappointing. The real kicker was how everone we incountered in the establisment acted like it (and they) were FABULOUS. Save your time and money - go elsewhere. It was the worst meal we had in Savannah.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/27/2014My hudband and I really enjoyed our dinner at A.lure. We loved the foie gras, the lamb carpaccio and the seafood angel pastas. Awesome! And very attentive service. We will definitely go back there when we are back in Savannah!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFunromantic7454Dined on 8/23/2014We loved every part of our dining experience from the service to the food.Special Features:
- Excellent mealkittyloverDined on 8/23/2014Table awaited our 6:45 reservation. Fast, friendly service. Nice atmosphere, but a bit noisy. As a group of 4, we all had different entries. Everyone of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Did not do deserts or starters.Special Features:
- ChefChuckDined on 8/22/2014Over all a very good dining experience. I would have rated the food higher, but some flavor profiles were a bit muted and missed the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go again!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great atmosphere, food and staff was amazing. In our table of 4, we all tried something different and everyone's dinner was amazing. The staff was very attentive. Wine list was good with good options at all price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDA2176VIPDined on 8/21/2014Great food, great service. One of Savannah's best.
- Found Bliss in Savannahgolfguy66Dined on 8/19/2014From the moment Cassidy seated us to our last sip of perfect coffee, a.Lure never disappointed...not once. Our servers, Sonya and Bill, saw to our every need but without hovering or appearing impatient. Indeed, they seemed genuinely interested in us as people and wanted to make sure our dining experience was first rate. Their recommendations of both food and wine were totally on target, though as outstanding as the food is at a.Lure, I doubt they could steer a diner wrong even if they wanted to. And the food? Beyond good. My Thai snapper was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared to the last bite. My bride, who loves scallops, declared hers the best she's ever had. First course, salad, dessert - outstanding. Would crawl back.Special Features:
- Great flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I ordered the chicken livers, shrimp & grits, and chicken & waffles. All had great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- careyDined on 8/16/2014Our food was delicious, from the cheese plate and scallops we had as apps to the fried chicken with waffles and swordfish we ate for our meals. The cocktail list was inventive and fun. Charming and upbeat atmosphere. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Southern Contemporary!!misterpeejDined on 8/16/2014We had an early dinner at Alure this past August, and I must say that this was one of the most exquisite dining experiences I have had in my life. Reservations were at 6:45 - we arrived 30 minutes early and were immediately accommodated. The service was fast, friendly, and knowledgeable. For appetizer, we started off with Lamb Carpaccio and Seared Scallops. Both dishes were fresh, cooked to perfection, and portioned perfect for an appetizer. Highly recommended. For entrees, we had Shrimp and Grits as well as Pork Shank. The shrimp entree was light and creamy and very flavorful, the pork shank was a big portion and brilliantly cooked . Dessert we had bourbon pecan pie with fresh homemade ice cream - WOW! Overall 5 stars! 100% Will return!!!Special Features:
- Delightful dinning experienceryndromaDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I dinned here during a vacation to Savannah. The whole experience was very pleasant. We had a great waiter, wish I could remember his name. The manager stopped by to see how we were enjoying the food, always feels good to have that level of care shown. After looking at numerous restaurants in the area for our classy dinner night, we choose a.Lure largely because they had a menu that stood out from the rest. So many of the other restaurants could have menu names swapped and you'd hardly notice. a.Lure broke from that and did it well. I would without hesitation recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Foie gras pate with Cabernet onions and poached cherries was incredible, the combination of rich and sweet was very well put together. The pork shank was fork tender and delicious, set atop garlic grits and glazed with a charred tomato demi. A. Lure is a can't miss spot in savannahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signature DishSnapperDined on 8/9/2014This trendy restaurant reviewed well so thought we'd indulge. So glad we did. The ambient décor, friendly service enticed us. The rabbit ravioli and fried green tomatoes were a great start with our martinis-- a take on the traditional mojito was delicious. For our entrees, I tried one of the signature dishes, a Thai Snapper and it did not disappoint. My wife tried the filet mignon and unfortunately, the hostess claimed "quality control issues" while we waited for her dish. That should have been our cue to stay away from beef in a region specializing in seafood. The end result was a filet mignon that was sub-par and I would not recommend. Otherwise, our experience was memorable and I would give a.Lure a solid 3.5 stars (-1 for filet mignon).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.