Alto Ristorante e Bar
7500 E. Doubletree Ranch Road
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Alto Ristorante e Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsdale.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 4804441234x8640
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvador Prado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties available for 8 to 100 guests; customized menus, proximity seating or private party seating. Please call a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- Private Party Contact: Jon Rosenthal 4806296232
- Entertainment: Nighly live entertainment at the Center Stage Bar in the Lobby. Please call for schedule details.
A word from Alto Ristorante e Bar
Cross over the bridge and through an inviting courtyard to find the vibrant, convivial setting of Alto Ristorante bar. This comfortable Italian restaurant offers light, fresh and flavorful dishes with an emphasis on "the season." Alto features its unique Formaggio & Salumi Cellar, a collection of Italy's best artisanal regional cheeses and meats. An extensive selection of wines from around the world, with an emphasis on Italy, are cradled on two wine walls. Dinner is served both indoors and alfresco nestled around terrace fire pits, creating a very welcoming atmosphere. Your evening is complete with a gondola ride along the resort's waterways.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alto Ristorante e Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (15)special occasion (12)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Paul the waiter made our nightMyBaeBirthdayDined on 8/23/2014They remembered that it was my girlfriend b day and made her feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dining spotShastaLynne1Dined on 8/16/2014The food and wine are fantastic. We had a luxurious 3 hour dinner that began with the chef's selection of antipasti, scallops and salad. We both ordered the pasta with crab meat, which was fantastic! We finished off the night with one of the crème brulee plates with the fruit-filled edible gondolas. We were STUFFED! Even though it was 100+ degrees outside that night, the fans and misters were enough to keep us cool all evening on the patio. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, but didn't hover. They are good about constantly refilling your water glass, which is a big thing for me. Don't forget to go on the gondola ride to complete your night!Special Features:
- Funtime81060Dined on 8/9/2014It was a wonderful dining experience. We went there for my husbands birthday and he was brought a fabulous dessert at the end of our spectacular dinner. That was followed by the gondola ride around the lake where my husband was sung Happy Birthday in Italian. All the staff was fun, helpful and very pleasant. I would recommend this experience to anyone.Special Features:
- Avoid eveningDwilDined on 8/7/2014We arrived at 9.30pm and the server informed us that the kitchen should be closed at 10pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightJohnny13Dined on 8/6/2014Great service for me and my sweetie's anniversary! The service was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great home made pasta dishSonnenDined on 7/4/2014It was hot evening but we sat outside. The mist blowers kept us cool and enjoyed the outdoor ambience as well as great home-made pasta dish. Ingredients in the pasta and salad were very fresh. The wine list was rich as well. We definitely recommend this place. We missed the opportunity for the Gondola ride that this restaurant gives you the pass if you dine there.Special Features:
- You Decide!!!DanielDined on 5/27/2014The ambiance is ultra modern. Yet it was kind of uncomfortable. Dining tables are small and crowded. We were there for a special occasion and were seated at the smallest table in the small dining area. We were dressed up and felt very out of place. Two businessmen were talking loudly at their large table next to us. Service was odd. Different servers with different roles - none seemed to communicate with one another. All the servers were very pleasant though. Our bread order got lost and we were never offered coffee with dessert or another glass of wine. The food is very tasty and beautifully presented and and of course very expensive. The chef is obviously skilled. He came out to inquire about our meal - nice touch.Special Features:
- RománticoDeanVIPDined on 5/12/2014La comida es sabrosa y el servicio es mejor. A mi me gusta el pescado Salmón y la pasta italiana. El ambiente es romántico .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 373 reviews are from the Alto Ristorante e Bar reviews archive.
- Phoenix StarmanPhoenixStarmanDined on 4/30/2014This visit was a 100% improvement since last dined about two months ago. Service & food was very good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for a Special OccasionScottDined on 4/7/2014Very nice place for a special occasion. The patio was a very nice place to dine when the weather is good. The service was great. The food was good and the complimentary gondola ride was a very nice touch!! Overall, it was a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Ever!DeniseDined on 4/6/2014My fiance planned this evening to celebrate my birthday and he knocked it out of the park with this restaurant. The food was fabulous, the service impeccable, and the after dinner Gondola ride put it over the top! The Scallops with Spicy Tomato Jam are not to be missed and the Chocolate Torta with Pistachio Mousse was a wonderful finale to our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceSteveVIPDined on 3/30/2014Loved our experience at Alto. Sat outside in the beautiful AZ night weather (April) and enjoyed a good meal. The capasante bruciato was very good. The pasta di campanile granchio and the manzo alla genovese (rib eye) were also very, very good. Wine selection was very good and Tommy, our waiter was excellent. Would repeat and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBobADined on 3/18/2014We went with friends and had a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic patio diningemmyveeDined on 3/12/2014Alto is a great spot for a quiet date night! The patio is beautiful with its "roof" of plam trees. The food is spectacular, a good variety of choices and everything we ordered was fantastic (we highly recommend the caprese salad to start). Our wait staff was very attentive and helpful in making suggestions for both entree and wine selections. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine FundingazchoctawDined on 3/8/2014It was a very good experience. The atmosphere was great, the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improve the vegetarian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014there was no vegetarian entree on the menu. They took the order and the food was okay. need to improve the vegetarian food quality. Kids food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome atmosphereMearlDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I came here with another couple. We sat outside under the palm trees and it was gorgeous. The food was good but nothing impressive. However, the service was great and overall it was a good experience. We also got a ticket for the gondola ride with our dinner. It was very enjoyable and we would come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerHopeless2romanticDined on 2/15/2014We decided to wait until Saturday the day after Valentines to go and it was perfect ! Not a lot of people and perfect for dinning outside. The weather was perfect the view of the moon Was just right and the open fire was a plus :) and the Gondola ride was so Romantic to end our evening. We enjoyed every minute of it ! Forgot to mention the service was Great !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalGerpVIPDined on 2/12/2014SItuated in the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch, Alto has a magical setting. It is sounded by palm trees and fire pits with the sound of water falling all around you. We had eaten here several years ago and found the food to be good, not great. This time everything was above expectation. We started with three antipasti -- all fresh, well prepared and interesting. The pasta entree was excellent - very Italian al dente and sauced perfectly. My roast chicken was juicy and tender with a lovely gastrique sauce. The wine prices are quite high but you can find a good wine for a moderate price. The complimentary gondola ride and serenade was a real treat!Special Features:
- too expensive, food was ok.blondaDined on 2/8/2014too expensive, food was ok. every dish had preserved lemon in it and that is all we could taste. even the ravioli only tasted like lemon.
- Husband's birthdayMichelleDined on 2/7/2014I wanted to take my husband to a nice restaurant so I randomly selected this one online. The reviews were great and so I decided to go with this place. I was very impressed and will definitely go back there. My husband is hard to please and he enjoyed himself as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday there and it was a tremendously pleasant experience. The staff was warm and friendly, the food superb. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Don't sit in the room wherewinkieVIPDined on 1/24/2014Don't sit in the room where servers are going in and out to the patio
- I took my gf out for a dinner.DannDined on 1/18/2014I took my gf out for a dinner. Service was great I ordered myself a ribeye steak it was very good and potatoes were so delicious. After our dinner gondola ride was amazing she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Italian & 5-star serviceGuyinAZVIPDined on 1/18/2014It's always difficult for me to refer to a menu as 'authentic Italian' because anyone who has been to Italy knows the presentation, taste and experience in Italy is very difficult to duplicate out of country. That said, I will call this exquisite Italian and nothing like you'll find at your local Rosati's restaurant. I strongly recommend the chef's tasting menu as it is five courses of plates from the menu. The smaller size of the portions allow you to enjoy the chef's talent from starters to desserts without feeling painfully full or bloated. The tasting menu comes with the option of having each course paired with a wine or without. Each course was deliciouslySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alto DinnerAltoDinnerDined on 1/17/2014They have a very good wine selection! We sat outdoor and the ambience was great! The service was excellent. My wife is vegetarian so they were not a lot of vegetarian options but overall the food was great.Special Features:
- Great!HusbandDined on 1/2/2014Brought my wife for her birthday. Nailed it. She loved the food and we had great service. We sat outside by the fire pit and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of the BestRichDined on 12/31/2013It was the finest, most romantic, most elegant, best food, best service restaurant I have ever been to! We ate outside by a romantic fire pit and heat lamps, surrounded by lighted, tall palm trees. if I didn't know better, I would have thought I was in a tropical paradise like Hawaii or Tahiti. The complimentary gondola boat ride after dinner....brought the already surreal experience to yet another galaxy! I will return without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and FriendlyMarleneDined on 12/9/2013We were there for a birthday celebration and it was just right for the occasion. Service was top notch and we were not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Course Chef ChoiceVanZDined on 12/6/2013The 4-course chef choice was very good with a selection of seafood (scallops & striped bass) and duck. The dessert was most enjoyable with macarons as an added dish. The service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised my husband on ourlowmaintenancedinerDined on 11/30/2013Surprised my husband on our anniversary to dinner here. Food was good, our waiter Jay was great, and they threw in a free desert since it was our anniversary. Sat on the patio next to the fire, it was perfect. The gondola ride was a lovely ending to a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our anniversaryTomandTinaDined on 11/26/2013Celebrated our anniversary at the Hyatt and this restaurant. The staff was outstanding - very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. The food was excellent - not too heavy - with fantastic flavors. As a special gift we were treated to a great crème brule with fresh fruit. Very unexpected and so flavorful. The only down side was that we were near a door to the patio and every time someone went in/out we got a blast of cold air (yes, it was cold in Arizona that day!). Overall a great choice whether you're staying at the resort or a local (such as we are) just looking for an excellent meal in a relaxing setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant eveningSteveVIPDined on 11/15/2013The food was as good as any other Italian place in town. The service was first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ask for jayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2013We had a great experience but it was mainly due to our waiter, jay. The food was good...the ambiance was good...have jay as your waiter And your experience will be even better.:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointmentPhoenixStarmanDined on 11/7/2013We (4) were seated promptly at 6pm, a bottle of white wine was ordered immediately along with our antipasto. It took so long to get served the antipasto that , we ordered another white and a bottle of red wine. Finally starters were served but the order was incorrect and given to the wrong people, we made due. Another thirty minutes plus before our entrees showed up which were not up to Hyatt standards. I like "Al Dente" but my pasta, Bucatini was not even close to being prepared properly yet the sauce was very good. Not to delay I ate the shrimp and left the pasta after all we were there almost an hour and a half before our entrees arrived. Our bill was stamped 8:13pm and was in excess of $360 with gratuity already added, a party of four?Special Features:
- Romantic Anniversary dinnersunshineDined on 10/29/2013We had a very nice table on the patio.The fire pit and the heaters provided a comfortable temperature. The food was very good, but not outstanding. The creme brulee was exceptional. What made it definitely a romantic dinner was the condola ride afterwards. The gondoliere was unbelivable. He has a very nice voice and he is bi-lingual. All in all a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013Overall the entire experience was bolstered by the hotel amenities. Very possible my expectations of the food was too high. Food wasn't great wasn't bad either. The service started out ok then there was a major snafu with a neighboring table' order. That seemed to throw a wrench into the process. Only one waiter could not keep up. For a nice weekend getaway the hotel is great maybe the other restaurants are better.Next time we will order sushi and eat in the lounge enjoying the entertainmmentSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Romantic dinnerDktenorDined on 10/21/2013We were staying at the Hyatt property and decided to give the Alto a try. The menu looked very promising. Everything was excellent. We had the rabbit special that was outstanding. The service was attentive and pleasant. The value for the quality was quite good (we had more expensive dinners elsewhere in Scottsdale, and this was just as good at a lower price).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!DanZDined on 10/19/2013Had dinner with 4 friends and the whole experience was absolutely wonderful. The wine suggestion could not have been better and the food was excellent. Attentive staff made the whole evening really enjoyable. Have dined here numerous times and each time it has been a great experience. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceResfor2Dined on 10/14/2013From the moment we were greeted by Alto's hostess to when we unfortunately had to say good night to the great staff, my wife and I had a most exceptional dining experience. The wait staff were great with Tommy our waiter the star of our evening. He was professional,but also very personal. Tommy explained the entire menu and made some recommendations including the wine list.While we did follow some of Tommy's recommendations,we also choose other items on the menu. From our appetizers to our desert, every item we ordered was fresh and exceptionally prepared,our compliments to the chef and the culinary staff. Most important our many thanks to Tommy and the other wait staff who truly made our experience at Alto's most special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.