Alto Ristorante e Bar
7500 E. Doubletree Ranch Road
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Alto Ristorante e Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsdale.hyatt.com/
- Phone: (480) 444-1234 ext. 8640
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvador Prado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties available for 8 to 100 guests; customized menus, proximity seating or private party seating. Please call a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- Private Party Contact: Jon Rosenthal 4806296232
- Entertainment: Nighly live entertainment at the Center Stage Bar in the Lobby. Please call for schedule details.
A word from Alto Ristorante e Bar
Cross over the bridge and through an inviting courtyard to find the vibrant, convivial setting of Alto Ristorante bar. This comfortable Italian restaurant offers light, fresh and flavorful dishes with an emphasis on "the season." Alto features its unique Formaggio & Salumi Cellar, a collection of Italy's best artisanal regional cheeses and meats. An extensive selection of wines from around the world, with an emphasis on Italy, are cradled on two wine walls. Dinner is served both indoors and alfresco nestled around terrace fire pits, creating a very welcoming atmosphere. Your evening is complete with a gondola ride along the resort's waterways.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Alto Ristorante e Bar - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Alto Ristorante e Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (27)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (16)scenic view (10)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Adequate for wife's birthday dinnerCrisVDined on 11/22/2014She loved the place. We had dinner outside next to a fire pit and the weather was so nice. Food was perfect. Services was so fast I was really impressed, we order and 5 minutes later we had our plates served. The only thing that was not as expected was my wife's wine, although they did not charge for it and to make things perfect the dessert was on the house. Then we had a 2 gondola passes which seal our dinner with just the nicest romantic environment, she was really impressed with this experience. Thank you all at Alto Ristorante, great night we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/21/2014A quiet restaurant located inside the Hyatt. You could make a meal off the antipasta menu alone. The duck breast was amazing and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEAUTIFUL SETTING - VERY GOOD FOODxnycopVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very creative menu which would be even better if they included a few Italian favorites like Veal Parmigiana or Pasta and Meatballs. Say what you want about nouveau menus, I still miss those dishes. Service is really impeccable. Probably the most attentive servers and hostesses anywhere in the Valley. Definitely a great deal if you use one of the certificates available from Verizon or AARP. Seldom crowded on weekends. They top dinner off with a free gondola ride.Special Features:
- delicious crème bruleemsquaredwrightDined on 11/6/2014The food dishes were too fancy for our taste, though still good. The creme brulee dessert was amazing! Very friendly and personable waiter. Overall very good but the main dishes weren't exactly our styleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mingDined on 11/6/2014service was the lowspot of the night. Table was next to the kitchen.Special Features:
- Excellent Salmonprogrammer91Dined on 10/28/2014Highly recommend the scallop appetizer, Salmon entree & creme brulee !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014THE EXPERIENCE WAS GREAT. WE HAD A GREAT TIME. THE ATMOSPHERE WAS GREAT. THE WAITER WAS GOOD AND THE STAFF TOO. THE FOOD WAS SENSATIONAL. WE HAD A GREAT TIME. ALSO THE GONDOLA RIDE WAS JUST THE PERFECT ENDING. THE GONDOLIER SANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. MY FAMILY LEFT WITH SUCH A GOOD FEELING AND HAD A GREAT TIME. THANK YOU ALLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressiveDanZDined on 10/25/2014The food is always spot on, great specials and the service is outstanding. I could not ask for a better dining experience. My wife and I were celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary and everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service & Exceptional Foodcctuanquin23Dined on 10/24/2014Tommy was one of the best waiters we ever had. Wish we could dine there again if we ever head out to Arizona! Highly recommend their signature dessert -- Gondolino! Wish I could eat that dessert right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical But Good Hotel RestaurantBPPhillyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Most notable here was the wine list and Antipasti. Antipasti was an assortment of cheese, Italian meats and sausage, Bruschetta, etc. that you can order individually or assortment which is what we ordered for the table. It was exceptional with house cured meats. stuck with Chardonnay that was excellent and went well with my salad. Another notable was the pumpkin tortellini ordered by my son. Or party of 4 all enjoyed what turned out to be light fare for an Italian restaurant. However, as my son noted the outdoor dining was a little strange and more like eating in a room outdoors because of the outdoor terrace design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening under the StarsGoGreenDined on 10/17/2014The patio set us up for a wonderful 2 hour dining experience. The 4 of us could actually talk and hear each other while listening to the many water falls. The menu was super and priced fairly for the quality. The exotic fish specials also were a hit for the ladies and my duck prepared perfect! The Gondola creme brulee nothing like it anywhere it's the best. The service was attentive as well as we can deliver on your request. Our friends from Carmel who are very familiar with excellent restaurants said we had a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and so so foodChrisVIPDined on 10/4/2014I really cannot tell you how bad the service was. Drinks took 20 minutes, then a waiter dropped a glass right beside the table, glass everywhere. Everything was slow. Main courses were good but the antipasto a total rip off, microscopic portions.Special Features:
- Lovely Mealdbs959Dined on 9/28/2014Ambiance very pleasant for dining on a beautiful patio on the first pleasant evening of the fall, food very good---heirloom tomatoes with burrata and preserved lemon best caprese salad ever---and I absolutely loved my monkfish saltimboca and herbed polenta. DH's risotto was absolutely perfect. But what made our experience outstanding and Alto a "return restaurant" was the exceptional service we received from Jay. Dining establishments should never underestimate the affect the level of service has on the overall experience.Special Features:
- A great nightelimparable1Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I went to the restaurant for our 15 year wedding anniversary. The restaurant proper was a bit understated but romantic in simplicity. Our wait staff, Clifford, was awesome and did everything possible to make our night special. As for the food, it was restaurant week and they had a special menu from which we both ordered. The food was stellar. Both my wife and I ordered the filet minion, which was very tender and had great flavor. The starters and desserts were also exceptional. Usually I don't enjoy going to such expensive restaurants in no small part because you end up spending lots of money but still end the night hungry. Having said that, my wife and I both left the restaurant full and satisfied. PS: Free GONDOLA RIDE after!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service ruins great mealNadiaThinksDined on 9/21/2014What happens when you have: - phenomenal food that makes you want to hug the chef - relaxing outdoor setting - a waiter who does not refill water timely in the Arizona desert - a waiter who tells you stories after you ask for a refill - a waiter who asks for some of your cake - a waiter who keeps joining your don't conversation uninvited and who does not take hints when the whole table stops talking - a waiter who grabs your food to clear while YOU are still eating REPEATEDLY ...a ruined meal, that's what
- Great PlaceAZJavaGirlDined on 9/21/2014Very nice place for a romantic dinner. Drinks were way overpriced and I wish two of the choices on restaurant week were not beef. We don't eat beef any more but ended up eating the beef dishes and it didn't agree with me in the long run. So a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Love authentic ItalianLoveItalianDined on 9/6/2014Loved the service! Our meal was exceptional. Everything is very fresh, cooked to order and very special. Great manager!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul the waiter made our nightMyBaeBirthdayDined on 8/23/2014They remembered that it was my girlfriend b day and made her feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dining spotShastaLynne1Dined on 8/16/2014The food and wine are fantastic. We had a luxurious 3 hour dinner that began with the chef's selection of antipasti, scallops and salad. We both ordered the pasta with crab meat, which was fantastic! We finished off the night with one of the crème brulee plates with the fruit-filled edible gondolas. We were STUFFED! Even though it was 100+ degrees outside that night, the fans and misters were enough to keep us cool all evening on the patio. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, but didn't hover. They are good about constantly refilling your water glass, which is a big thing for me. Don't forget to go on the gondola ride to complete your night!Special Features:
- Funtime81060Dined on 8/9/2014It was a wonderful dining experience. We went there for my husbands birthday and he was brought a fabulous dessert at the end of our spectacular dinner. That was followed by the gondola ride around the lake where my husband was sung Happy Birthday in Italian. All the staff was fun, helpful and very pleasant. I would recommend this experience to anyone.Special Features:
- Avoid eveningDwilDined on 8/7/2014We arrived at 9.30pm and the server informed us that the kitchen should be closed at 10pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightJohnny13Dined on 8/6/2014Great service for me and my sweetie's anniversary! The service was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 376 reviews are from the Alto Ristorante e Bar reviews archive.
- Great home made pasta dishSonnenDined on 7/4/2014It was hot evening but we sat outside. The mist blowers kept us cool and enjoyed the outdoor ambience as well as great home-made pasta dish. Ingredients in the pasta and salad were very fresh. The wine list was rich as well. We definitely recommend this place. We missed the opportunity for the Gondola ride that this restaurant gives you the pass if you dine there.Special Features:
- You Decide!!!DanielDined on 5/27/2014The ambiance is ultra modern. Yet it was kind of uncomfortable. Dining tables are small and crowded. We were there for a special occasion and were seated at the smallest table in the small dining area. We were dressed up and felt very out of place. Two businessmen were talking loudly at their large table next to us. Service was odd. Different servers with different roles - none seemed to communicate with one another. All the servers were very pleasant though. Our bread order got lost and we were never offered coffee with dessert or another glass of wine. The food is very tasty and beautifully presented and and of course very expensive. The chef is obviously skilled. He came out to inquire about our meal - nice touch.Special Features:
- RománticoDeanVIPDined on 5/12/2014La comida es sabrosa y el servicio es mejor. A mi me gusta el pescado Salmón y la pasta italiana. El ambiente es romántico .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phoenix StarmanPhoenixStarmanDined on 4/30/2014This visit was a 100% improvement since last dined about two months ago. Service & food was very good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for a Special OccasionScottDined on 4/7/2014Very nice place for a special occasion. The patio was a very nice place to dine when the weather is good. The service was great. The food was good and the complimentary gondola ride was a very nice touch!! Overall, it was a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Ever!DeniseDined on 4/6/2014My fiance planned this evening to celebrate my birthday and he knocked it out of the park with this restaurant. The food was fabulous, the service impeccable, and the after dinner Gondola ride put it over the top! The Scallops with Spicy Tomato Jam are not to be missed and the Chocolate Torta with Pistachio Mousse was a wonderful finale to our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceSteveVIPDined on 3/30/2014Loved our experience at Alto. Sat outside in the beautiful AZ night weather (April) and enjoyed a good meal. The capasante bruciato was very good. The pasta di campanile granchio and the manzo alla genovese (rib eye) were also very, very good. Wine selection was very good and Tommy, our waiter was excellent. Would repeat and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBobADined on 3/18/2014We went with friends and had a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic patio diningemmyveeDined on 3/12/2014Alto is a great spot for a quiet date night! The patio is beautiful with its "roof" of plam trees. The food is spectacular, a good variety of choices and everything we ordered was fantastic (we highly recommend the caprese salad to start). Our wait staff was very attentive and helpful in making suggestions for both entree and wine selections. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine FundingazchoctawDined on 3/8/2014It was a very good experience. The atmosphere was great, the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improve the vegetarian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014there was no vegetarian entree on the menu. They took the order and the food was okay. need to improve the vegetarian food quality. Kids food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome atmosphereMearlDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I came here with another couple. We sat outside under the palm trees and it was gorgeous. The food was good but nothing impressive. However, the service was great and overall it was a good experience. We also got a ticket for the gondola ride with our dinner. It was very enjoyable and we would come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerHopeless2romanticDined on 2/15/2014We decided to wait until Saturday the day after Valentines to go and it was perfect ! Not a lot of people and perfect for dinning outside. The weather was perfect the view of the moon Was just right and the open fire was a plus :) and the Gondola ride was so Romantic to end our evening. We enjoyed every minute of it ! Forgot to mention the service was Great !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalGerpVIPDined on 2/12/2014SItuated in the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch, Alto has a magical setting. It is sounded by palm trees and fire pits with the sound of water falling all around you. We had eaten here several years ago and found the food to be good, not great. This time everything was above expectation. We started with three antipasti -- all fresh, well prepared and interesting. The pasta entree was excellent - very Italian al dente and sauced perfectly. My roast chicken was juicy and tender with a lovely gastrique sauce. The wine prices are quite high but you can find a good wine for a moderate price. The complimentary gondola ride and serenade was a real treat!Special Features:
- too expensive, food was ok.blondaDined on 2/8/2014too expensive, food was ok. every dish had preserved lemon in it and that is all we could taste. even the ravioli only tasted like lemon.
- Husband's birthdayMichelleDined on 2/7/2014I wanted to take my husband to a nice restaurant so I randomly selected this one online. The reviews were great and so I decided to go with this place. I was very impressed and will definitely go back there. My husband is hard to please and he enjoyed himself as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday there and it was a tremendously pleasant experience. The staff was warm and friendly, the food superb. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Don't sit in the room wherewinkieVIPDined on 1/24/2014Don't sit in the room where servers are going in and out to the patio