5800 Old Centreville Rd
Centreville, VA 20121Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.altoplaza.net/
- Phone: 7032668811x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10am - 10pm; Monday: 11am - 10pm;
**Bar Remains Open One Additional Hour**
**Brunch Served on Sundays 10am-3pm**
**Lunch Menu Monday-Friday 11am-3pm**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Edwin Barrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Ellen Velasquez at 703 266 8811 or send us your request to email@example.com
A word from Alto Plaza
Alto Plaza Restaurant and Lounge; the outside is a ravishing three story building; the inside, a delightful place to enjoy a nice meal. Whether you're enjoying a night out with some friends, celebrating a birthday, or having a meeting in our Banquet Room, Alto Plaza has the atmosphere to make each an occasion to remember. We serve Buffet Brunch every Sunday from 10AM - 3PM. Reservations are not required. Kids 6 and Under Eat Free!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alto Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great dinnertitoVIPDined on 10/19/2014food was great, restaurant got out of the way to meet expectations, preparinga dish not on the menu to meet wife's need. she just wanted mussels. regardless, great food and service.Special Features:
- MaineRickVIPDined on 10/9/2014Disappointed is how I characterize our visit. The food was fair but overloaded with cheese. The rice was bland and left on the plate. The restaurant layout is nice and could be a great place if they fix the menu.Special Features:
- Great food, okay servicejjg10Dined on 9/3/2014First time here and the food was GREAT!!! Server was okay...she was attentive, but at the same time sort of rushed us and would keep asking questions without letting us fully respond. She seemed distracted or something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a great time at Alto Plaza. Food, service everything was soooo good.Special Features:
- The following 217 reviews are from the Alto Plaza reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceDre2Dined on 6/7/2014Great experience. Food was very good. Great view of mountains upstairs. Promptly seated and served by hostess and waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and atmospherebluebellDined on 5/30/2014Always know what to expect. No surprises ie disappointments. We have been eating there for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceluv2dineDined on 5/26/2014Mediocre service, good food, great happy hour prices.Special Features:
- not badOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/23/2014Service was ok, waiter forgot many things we asked for. Food was ok.
- Great atmosphere and foodNYGyalDined on 5/14/2014The fajitas are always a good choice! I had chicken and my friend had the trio. Sangria was superb. Our servers were professional and attentive. Meals are always moderately priced. Overall great meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMeggiePDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's day 2014. We sat outside with our 15 month old. It was a great view outside and she loved it too. The food and atmosphere was great. We had a good time and will go again.Special Features:
- Alto Plaza - Do Not GoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We showed up there with our reservations from Open Table and were told that they do not deal with your company and that they do not take reservations and we could not be seated. I have never been treated so rudely in my life. Never go there and I would suggest you no longer make reservations for this restaurant. The hostess was rude and made no effort at accommodation.
- Outanding gathering placewillyhDined on 5/5/2014Outstanding service, great food. Menu for cinco de mayo was great. We had a wonderful waiter that took care of the grandkids and was just wonderful with all of us and our special needs.Special Features:
- overpriced latin food.LocalDinerDined on 4/26/2014Went there with a specialicious deal, First time. As on certificate, presented it while ordering. Waiter told us to hold it until final check. Had to wait for several trips before the waiter took our order of an appetizer, two entrees and drinks. Waited about 30 minutes for our appetizer. Tried to notify servers, but were stuck in the corner and could not even see anyone (high seats), didn't even get the usual chips until apps arrived. Food arrived soon after. One drink refilled only after we finally tracked the waiter again. Then waiter just kept going around and around every couple of minutes. When asking for check, tried to hand him the certificate, and he kept ignoring it. Finally just dropped it. Was comped apps for the waitSpecial Features:
- The view of the sunsetLovinnewplacesDined on 3/8/2014Was beautiful but not enough to make up for the food. The food wasn't exactly bad but it definitely was not good. It was incredibly loud and our waiter's interest in us faded after we declined to order alcohol. The decor is tacky and poorly done. The building must have had some water damage. The some of the repairs have been started but not completed. Large spackle areas were in need of painting. Overall it just seems like the restaurant just doesn't care. There are many other Mexican restaurants that are much better!
- First visitHungryDined on 3/7/2014And completely satisfied. Best chile rellanos ever. I'll go back for sure. The only disappointment was the ever list. Nothing local. Nothing interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinkserickaDined on 2/19/2014The tortillas and salsa were fresh and they kept them coming. As was the guacamole which was made perfect and had a little kick. The sangria was delicious so much so that everyone at the table wished we had ordered by the pitcher. I ordered the Argentinian steak which was awesome. It was flavored really well and was served with rice and black beans which were prepared perfectly. I will definitely be going back again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service but good food.HJDCDined on 2/8/2014Our server was bad. after the food was served he barely came to our table. We asked other server to bring what we needed(ie water refill, new plates, etc) We requested for extra tortillas for fajitas(we originally ordered 2 fajitas and only 3 tortilla wraps came with the order) they only gave us 2 and took forever to come out. Only time the server acted quick was when we asked for check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We won't be back soon.KateyDined on 1/29/2014The Mexican food was good. Chicken in the fajita was delicious, but the beef was of poor quality. Portions were moderate to small. The service was totally inadequate.Special Features:
- Just a wonderful meal,JustNateDined on 12/22/2013After visiting several different Latin restaurants my wife and I will no longer be going anywhere else. The carne asada was phenomenal, and the guacamole was made fresh at the table. The most amazing part was we spent less here than we do at most other restaurants. There is enough space for large groups and accommodations toward families. I truly recommend visiting at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Surprise in the NeighborhoodJBEFT1Dined on 10/26/2013Dining at Alto Plaza was a pleasant surprise. The food was uncommon and well presented. The Skirt Steak was extraordinary as was the Chipolte Chicken dish. The Price was moderate for a fine dining experience and portions reasonable and filling. My wife and I live in the area and had always planned to try Alto Plaza. It certainly did not disappoint and would be highly recommended for those who want something out of the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at The AltoPrattDined on 10/18/2013My wife and I just had dinner at Alto Plaza. We loved the grand entrance. The bar looked like it was hopping. Dinner was pretty good. Probably the only thing I would recommend is maybe toning down the ligting just a bit. It was bright. Also starting to see some wear and tear through out the restaurant so it may be do for a refurb, but this did not detract from our dinner experience. We will be back for dinner, and to hang out in the bar for sure.Special Features:
- First they said, since youfoodloverDined on 10/18/2013First they said, since you missed your reservation, even tho it was quite late, we would have to wait for 30 minutes. When we requested them to honor our earlier reservation because we had to rush back to our emergency, they said if we didnt mind sitting on the ground floor (2 storey) bldg., they had tables! Duh!! We said we didnt mind and were seated. That was the only good thing we experienced.Special Features:
- The Happy SpotWinningVIPDined on 8/4/2013I have dined, hosted bookclub, birthday celebrations and had happy hour at Alto Plaza. The best happy hour offerings. The appetizers are awesome. Each and every time I have had excellent service and had the pleasure to meet some awesome folks. They are very accomdating to your needs and request. It is nice to have a nice place in the neighborhood. The restaurant is beautiful and always very clean. The food is delicious. I would advise anyone if you have not tried it go try it. The bartenders are good also. We have had the combination fajitas and Carne Asada. EXCELLENT! The portions are plentyful. They have participated in contributing and hosting our fundraisers for brain cancer for the last two years. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very goodSkittlesDined on 7/27/2013As we have previously enjoyed Alto Plaza, this was no exception. Excellent guacamole done at the table and all 4 of our meals were very good. Price was reasonable and service was attentive. A nice place for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013Was always confused about this place even when they first opened years ago. But heard so many amazing things. Reservation was set for 7:30 on a Saturday evening for two. Place was deserted. I expected to be there for at least an hour and a half... was in and out in 40min. Atmosphere looked more art deco than Hispanic influence. There was ONE amazing thing... the ceviche was to die for. But I wouldn't waste an evening there again.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013It was our first time at Alto Plaza. The place looked great but our service was terrible. Waiter forgot to put in my wife's order and did not admit it till the end of dinner.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnercongratsdineDined on 5/17/2013I love Alto Plaza; my husband and I have been there several times and have always enjoyed. I was able to make a reservation for 5 people at 7pm on a Friday that very morning. Ambience was great, our server even brought out a special treat. Thanks guys!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, the serviceLovetoeatDined on 5/5/2013The food was good, the service was good! We were very happy with everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?...used to be so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2013Was great when I visited 5 times in 2011. Food/service/ambiance was great. Went on 4/17/13, and was disappointing. Service: The server only came to the table when he had to (orders, delivery and bill). One refill on my drink, when I got the bill, empty most of the night. Food: The Queso Fundido burnt to a crisp. Why anyone thought it was a good idea to bring it to the table like that is beyond me. The steak fajitas were seasonless and tasted like plain meat. The Skirt Steak was decent. Tonight, I am taking my girlfriend to Uncle Julios to make up for this horrible experience on her birthday.
- AWESOMEWinningVIPDined on 4/14/2013My friend and I had dinner at Alto. I hade the Carne Asada, Mexican marinated grilled skirt with queso chihuahua which was FANTASTIC!!!! I can't wait to go back to have it again I am also looking forward to trying the Sunday brunch. My friend had the tri fajitas, chicken, shrimp and beef it was excellent. The portions were great, the place is very clean and inviting and my wattress was FANTASTIC, Stephanie. I don't know why folks don't recognize how really nice it is to have a nice place so close to us in Centreville and to not have to give an arm and leg with the cost. I live in Gainesville and I look forward to visiting again.Special Features:
- This was our second time here.LindaVIPDined on 3/14/2013This was our second time here. Our first proved to be very disappointing but we decided to give it another try. So glad we did as everything was top-notch this time. Service was fast and friendly. Our meals came piping hot, cooked well without being overcooked and taste and presentation were first rate. Now we will come here often.
- Brunch Without a View!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2013The Food was NOT Poor and was NOT Outstanding; their Sunday brunch gets a B to B+. The selection of brunch food was above average in terms of available choices.The drinks were good, the waitress was fairly attentive and the only real disappointing factor is that it is virtually impossible to get a window seat with a great view.Special Features:
- First time at Alto Plaza --BobInVADined on 3/10/2013First time at Alto Plaza -- to try their Sunday Brunch. Excellent! Great food and great service. Our omelettes were prepared just right. Will go back for dinner and drinks. Looked over their dinner menu and it looks incredible!Special Features:
- The restaurant is decent butDarknetDined on 2/27/2013The restaurant is decent but not really all that great, there is variety to their meals and also have some options of drinks but nothing is remarkable.
- Excellent ServiceWinningVIPDined on 2/22/2013I love the energetic feel of Alto Plaza but yet if you want quiet and romantic they can offer this also. My book club meets here and we have not once been dissatisfied. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. The great hospitality starts from your entrance at the door. The ladies are always smiling and very helpful. I most definitely would return to try more dishes. The food was not only presented beautifully it was delicious. We had the lobster/steak, ceviece, salads etc. All were excellent. Service was well-timed and friendly. The new drink list was awesome also. My group and I will be attending again soon. Thanks so much to the again to the wonderful manager. It was our pleasure.Special Features:
- Pretty good.RocketmanDined on 2/13/2013We went for Valentine's dinner on Feb 13th. Everything was great except the premium margaritas were not very special (but still pricey).Special Features:
- This is our third time hereVcottVIPDined on 2/1/2013This is our third time here and for some reason, every time we come we feel like the food gets better every time. We absolutely loved our Carne Asada and Chimichurri Beef. So flavorful and juicy! Even though we were full, we still kept eating because we didn't want to waste it. So delicious! Our 8 year old daughter ate her food and then proceeded to eat ours. She couldn't get enough of the tender, well-seasoned beef. Margaritas were great and our dinner bill didn't break the bank. We are definitely coming back very soon. Not sure how it can get better than our last experience.Special Features:
- I arrived at 10 pm for desertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013I arrived at 10 pm for desert with my wife, they take reservations which was helpful, but the hosted removed no reserved sign, and there were no menu's waiting for us. The restaurant is beautiful, and would have been romantic if it were not for the laud club music which we had to talk over, the waitress was very nice, however after informing us of the coffee menu which included espresso's, she could not make me an americono, which is an espresso with hot water. I just had a plain coffee. Recommend for hot night out with friends or sit at the bar Not romantic at all with the club music playing over you, View was excelentSpecial Features:
- I have already recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/13/2013I have already recommended Alto Plaza to a friend. The food was very good; salsa was exceptional. We will be back.
- The food was good, no doubtNonicknameVIPDined on 1/12/2013The food was good, no doubt about that. I did have an issue with service. We ate relatively early, so maybe this changed as they became busier on Saturday night. We were seated upstairs overlooking the lobby. Throughout our meal, easily six or seven servers and restaurant employees congregated together mere steps away from our table. While they might not have had things to do, I didn't particularly care for them doing nothing together in sight while we were eating. It was discomforting.Special Features: