Alta Strada Foxwoods
240 MGM Grand Avenue
Mashantucket, CT 06339-1128Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Alta Strada Foxwoods
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.altastradarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (860) 312-2582
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:30am
Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Schlow
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room with a 16 person capacity. Restaurant is also available for events from 40 to 225 guests with sit down meals or passed foods and cocktails.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Strouse 8603122582
A word from Alta Strada Foxwoods
Whether nibbling on antipasti plates while enjoying one of our 150 different Italian wines at our bar, sipping an espresso made from one of our highly trained baristas or having a meal in our casual enoteca or our more traditional dining room, Alta Strada is approachable and accessible to everyone. Blending traditional Italian flair with modern elegance, the 225-seat restaurant offer's both indoor and seasonal outdoor seating and a menu filled with tantalizing Italian favorites. For parties larger than 8 people please contact the restaurant directly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Alta Strada Foxwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)special occasion (21)romantic (18)good for groups (18)notable wine list (14)hot spot (10)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent Place for Brunch!MarGDined on 11/23/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday with Bruch at this location. What a wonderful surprise! Food was delicious and service was very friendly and warm. They were able to personalize our brunch with a small scoop of ice cream and candle to celebrate our friend's birthday. Would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!LeahvolDined on 11/22/2014Everything ordered was delicious. I especially loved the chicken milanase!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for what they got to offer.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2014menu limited, had hard time making a choice. Eggplant appetizer was too soggy and was left unfinished. Other party left half their meal also.
- Very good, but a couple of quirkstravelwithcousinsDined on 11/9/2014We arrived right on time for our reservation and were surprised to find a line at the reception desk. There seemed to be confusion, and it took a while before we were attended. Once seated, things went well, although our waitress had quite a lot of real estate to cover. The food was excellent, and they have an extensive variety of Italian wines. The only other issue was a thumping noise from above, which was somewhat annoying. According to the staff, there is a fitness center/spa above the restaurant. We speculated throughout the meal as to what was actually causing the heavy thumping.Special Features:
- deliciouscharbojrDined on 11/9/2014Home made pasta and mozzarella. Delicious and delicate. The only thing that could have made this a 5 1/2 star review would have been if they shaved white truffles on my already yummy mushroom ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wait staff, so-so entreesBoston661VIPDined on 11/8/2014The waiter was impressive. He knew the dishes well and was very attentive. The restaurant was very warm, apparently their climate system is not run on a separate zone than the casino. Calamari was average, marinara sauce was bland. The brick chicken looked good. I ordered the pork dish which the waiter said was excellent. I found it dry and not very tasty at all.Special Features:
- Fine dining at it's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Second time dining at Alta Strada, both times excellent food & service. Very good menu choices for appetizers, entrees and desserts. Excellent wine list. Ambiance is nice for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!FoxwoodsKatieDined on 11/7/2014Alta Strada is fresh! Service is great food is delicious all courses came out very quickly. Wine menu was on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gathering spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014This is the third time we have had a girls night out at Alta Strada. Always fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Treat!MasieloveDined on 10/31/2014This place is lovely. The food is superb, service very attentive but not intrusive, and overall, and great place to go.Special Features:
- One word... WOW!FirefighterFoodieDined on 10/30/2014Alta Strada has some of the freshest, tastiest, perfectly seasoned food I have ever eaten. The staff is simply awesome and the decor is top notch.Special Features:
- Best bet for the CasinoOTLongTimeMemberVIPDined on 10/26/2014Unless you are more interested in expensive steak houses or casual this is probably the best restaurant in the MGM Grand (now renamed Fox Tower) side of the complex. It's just off the casino floor so try to get seated in the back away from the smoke that permeates Foxwoods. I would describe this restaurant as faux-Italian; adequate food prepared by foreign food workers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow KitchenFood1Dined on 10/11/2014Food and Service was great. Pasta was excellent. Too bad it took quite awhile!
- AlexBVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had Brunch at this Italian in Fox Tower at Foxwoods. Nothing special.
- So-so experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Food was great. The restaurant wasn't busy and the service was slow.Special Features:
- Excellent casino restaurantKurtkDined on 9/12/2014Great for after show dinner ,very reasonable prices for a hotel/casino restaurant . Good meatballs / excellent breadI would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer burger wasn'tPeterVIPDined on 9/8/2014Initially when we arrived the hostess tried to put us at a small corner table even though there were many open booths. The waiter was very friendly, but told us the kitchen would be able to cook a burger appropriately. However the burger, listed as a "killer burger" in the menu, came out well done rather than medium. In addition there was no lettuce or tomato, and when we asked for these small shreds of lettuce and sliced cherry tomatoes wer brought out. Clearly the burger should not be ordered, but the menu listing seemed encouraging. The chicken parmigian was very good. The other disappointing thing was that though the charge from the burger was removed from the menu, there was no other attempt to make up for this such as free dessert.
- Great Happy HourJim73Dined on 9/1/2014Really enjoyed the food. We had Happy Hour appetizers and wine. Then went into dining area for dinner. Definitely going back and have already recommended to friends. Next time we'll do Happy Hour and dinner at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mini GetawayFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014We frequent this venue whenever we venture to Foxwoods. Consistently good food & service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good before a showfoodloverDined on 8/22/2014We had dinner at Alta Strada prior to a show at the Foxwoods Grand Threater. Over all, The food was good. The Pesce di Mare was excellent, fried veal meatballs (appetizer) were delicious. The Chicken Parm was OK. Our server was a very nice young man who kept us up to date on our order. The appetizers and cocktails were very prompt, but it took a very long time for our dinner to arrive. This prevented us from considering dessert or coffee.
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014Very accommodating for my fiancée who is a vegetarian. Great sauce!! Terrific service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good. Not GreatFoody86VIPDined on 8/18/2014Apps and pizza were good. Entrees fell short. Server seemed to be occupied with his larger table and ignored us. Never once poured our bottle of wine. (Which was brought to us warm). Probably won't be going back. Other options close by that are better.
- Food was outstanding!mlafayetteDined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious! I ordered the mushroom, truffle oil, rosemary pizza. It was to die for. My husband ordered the homemade pasta with pork and a spicy sauce. It had the perfect amount of heat... it hit just in the back of your mouth and the pasta was fresh. Our waiter, Brendan, saws amazing. He was so detailed while describing food he almost had me order the swordfish special and I hate seafood! Will definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sure bet at FoxwoodsBrycedreamerDined on 8/16/2014This was my third visit to AltaStrada, and like the previous two, both myself and dining companion had an excellent meal. I thoroughly enjoyed the mushroom ravioli. My friend asked for a modification to the rigatoni preparation, and the request was taken care of without any question. A kitchen that will place the customer above their own comfort, is a place that will get my repeat business. So double down and bring friends to Alta Strada. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I look for in restaurantPerfectDined on 8/16/2014First time there and will be going back. Our waiter whose name I cant recall, was exceptionally professional. His timing was constantly perfect all night. The wine, the food, the service and the atmosphere was perfect. Not one negative thing to say. Being in the restaurant business, I was blown away.Special Features:
- Night OutnightoutDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time. The service was excellent, the food was wonderful and the staff were very nice, happy and accommodating. I forgot my reading glasses and the host (Ryan) immediately said he could provide me with a pair. Our waitress was great and suggested an excellent bottle of wine. I look forward to my next dinner at Alta Strada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousgirlslunchgabfestDined on 8/10/2014directly off the Fox Tower casino so fun to stop in for delicious Northern Italian food, wine lis or great bart, and try the ricotta with chocolate flat cookies for dessert which can be shared.Special Features:
- Shrimp Scampi FTWCarGuyDined on 8/9/2014Stayed at Foxwoods this weekend and was pleasantly surprised by Alta Strada. The bread was delicious and hot when delivered, the olive oils was infused with basil and had a great flavor. The Shrimp Scampi had a great sauce and the shrimp were of acceptable size and texture. All pasta dishes were hot and al dente. We will return to this Italian spot. Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceBobbyDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had a great meal and an interesting (but young) organic chianti. Seating is table out front or half circle cozy booths in the back by the open kitchen. We enjoyed local mussels in a tasty garlic sauce and we both ordered the chitarra - we had never had it before. was delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMikeDined on 8/2/2014Meh is the best way to describe this. Food was over priced for what we received. Everything was doused in basil, and while i thoroughly enjoy basil, I don't want my meal to completely taste like it. The best thing on the menu was the burger... it's an Italian restaurant. In the end, there are much better places to go.
- The following 616 reviews are from the Alta Strada Foxwoods reviews archive.
- Good food but very slow coming.HelenVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a 6:00 reservation, but the entree did not arrive until 7:15.
- enjoyableProutsDined on 6/29/2014it was a relaxing and delicious experience! we will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knittingmaven1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Quiet atmosphere and good food in casino location characterized by intense noise level and fast foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alta Strada at FoxwoodsBennemuddeDined on 6/22/2014Dinner at Alta Strada was an unforgettable experience. The hostess was courteous, The Waitress was prompt, very attractive and professional. Waited on us and took orders at the right time, served food and drinks at the right time and solicitous. Meal progressed leisurely and all of my guests were really happy. We will become frequent visitors . I recommend this restaurant highly .The decor was fine tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bruschetta EverFoodLuver5Dined on 6/20/2014We dined here on a Friday night, and it was a great experience. The service was excellent, and we had the best bruschetta we've ever had. The ambience is wonderful, and you do not feel like you are in a casino while dining.Special Features:
- Great FinddanbDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant exceeded our expectations. The freshly made pasta brought back memories of the pasta my Gram made. Everything was hot and tasty. The waiter was fantastic. Can't say enough about the entire experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceMurphcatDined on 6/7/2014Everything we ordered was fresh and prepared exquisitely. The food presentation was also notable. It was a delicious meal from appetizer to dessert! Will definitely frequent this restaurant again.Special Features:
- OK BrunchKaseyVIPDined on 6/1/2014There was a nice variety of food, emphasizing Italian. The desserts were excellent. My omelet was overcooked and dry and we were told the juices were included, but they were not.
- Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed our Mother's day brunch. The menu was diverse. The food was good and the service was great. The price was excellent. Great value for very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once AgaindickbDined on 5/6/2014My wife and I had dinner on May 6th at Alta Strada. The service was excellent, enhanced by being remembered, and the food was wonderful. We both ordered something we had never had before and enjoyed it thoroughly. We'll be back.Special Features: