Alta Strada Foxwoods
240 MGM Grand Avenue
Mashantucket, CT 06339-1128Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Alta Strada Foxwoods
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.altastradarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8603122582
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:30am
Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Schlow
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room with a 16 person capacity. Restaurant is also available for events from 40 to 225 guests with sit down meals or passed foods and cocktails.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Strouse 8603122582
A word from Alta Strada Foxwoods
Whether nibbling on antipasti plates while enjoying one of our 150 different Italian wines at our bar, sipping an espresso made from one of our highly trained baristas or having a meal in our casual enoteca or our more traditional dining room, Alta Strada is approachable and accessible to everyone. Blending traditional Italian flair with modern elegance, the 225-seat restaurant offer's both indoor and seasonal outdoor seating and a menu filled with tantalizing Italian favorites. For parties larger than 8 people please contact the restaurant directly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alta Strada Foxwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)special occasion (13)romantic (12)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Slow KitchenFood1Dined on 10/11/2014Food and Service was great. Pasta was excellent. Too bad it took quite awhile!
- AlexBVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had Brunch at this Italian in Fox Tower at Foxwoods. Nothing special.
- So-so experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Food was great. The restaurant wasn't busy and the service was slow.Special Features:
- Excellent casino restaurantKurtkDined on 9/12/2014Great for after show dinner ,very reasonable prices for a hotel/casino restaurant . Good meatballs / excellent breadI would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer burger wasn'tPeterVIPDined on 9/8/2014Initially when we arrived the hostess tried to put us at a small corner table even though there were many open booths. The waiter was very friendly, but told us the kitchen would be able to cook a burger appropriately. However the burger, listed as a "killer burger" in the menu, came out well done rather than medium. In addition there was no lettuce or tomato, and when we asked for these small shreds of lettuce and sliced cherry tomatoes wer brought out. Clearly the burger should not be ordered, but the menu listing seemed encouraging. The chicken parmigian was very good. The other disappointing thing was that though the charge from the burger was removed from the menu, there was no other attempt to make up for this such as free dessert.
- Great Happy HourJim73Dined on 9/1/2014Really enjoyed the food. We had Happy Hour appetizers and wine. Then went into dining area for dinner. Definitely going back and have already recommended to friends. Next time we'll do Happy Hour and dinner at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mini GetawayFoodieDined on 8/31/2014We frequent this venue whenever we venture to Foxwoods. Consistently good food & service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good before a showfoodloverDined on 8/22/2014We had dinner at Alta Strada prior to a show at the Foxwoods Grand Threater. Over all, The food was good. The Pesce di Mare was excellent, fried veal meatballs (appetizer) were delicious. The Chicken Parm was OK. Our server was a very nice young man who kept us up to date on our order. The appetizers and cocktails were very prompt, but it took a very long time for our dinner to arrive. This prevented us from considering dessert or coffee.
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014Very accommodating for my fiancée who is a vegetarian. Great sauce!! Terrific service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good. Not GreatFoody86VIPDined on 8/18/2014Apps and pizza were good. Entrees fell short. Server seemed to be occupied with his larger table and ignored us. Never once poured our bottle of wine. (Which was brought to us warm). Probably won't be going back. Other options close by that are better.
- Food was outstanding!mlafayetteDined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious! I ordered the mushroom, truffle oil, rosemary pizza. It was to die for. My husband ordered the homemade pasta with pork and a spicy sauce. It had the perfect amount of heat... it hit just in the back of your mouth and the pasta was fresh. Our waiter, Brendan, saws amazing. He was so detailed while describing food he almost had me order the swordfish special and I hate seafood! Will definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sure bet at FoxwoodsBrycedreamerDined on 8/16/2014This was my third visit to AltaStrada, and like the previous two, both myself and dining companion had an excellent meal. I thoroughly enjoyed the mushroom ravioli. My friend asked for a modification to the rigatoni preparation, and the request was taken care of without any question. A kitchen that will place the customer above their own comfort, is a place that will get my repeat business. So double down and bring friends to Alta Strada. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I look for in restaurantPerfectDined on 8/16/2014First time there and will be going back. Our waiter whose name I cant recall, was exceptionally professional. His timing was constantly perfect all night. The wine, the food, the service and the atmosphere was perfect. Not one negative thing to say. Being in the restaurant business, I was blown away.Special Features:
- Night OutnightoutDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time. The service was excellent, the food was wonderful and the staff were very nice, happy and accommodating. I forgot my reading glasses and the host (Ryan) immediately said he could provide me with a pair. Our waitress was great and suggested an excellent bottle of wine. I look forward to my next dinner at Alta Strada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousgirlslunchgabfestDined on 8/10/2014directly off the Fox Tower casino so fun to stop in for delicious Northern Italian food, wine lis or great bart, and try the ricotta with chocolate flat cookies for dessert which can be shared.Special Features:
- Shrimp Scampi FTWCarGuyDined on 8/9/2014Stayed at Foxwoods this weekend and was pleasantly surprised by Alta Strada. The bread was delicious and hot when delivered, the olive oils was infused with basil and had a great flavor. The Shrimp Scampi had a great sauce and the shrimp were of acceptable size and texture. All pasta dishes were hot and al dente. We will return to this Italian spot. Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceBobbyDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had a great meal and an interesting (but young) organic chianti. Seating is table out front or half circle cozy booths in the back by the open kitchen. We enjoyed local mussels in a tasty garlic sauce and we both ordered the chitarra - we had never had it before. was delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMikeDined on 8/2/2014Meh is the best way to describe this. Food was over priced for what we received. Everything was doused in basil, and while i thoroughly enjoy basil, I don't want my meal to completely taste like it. The best thing on the menu was the burger... it's an Italian restaurant. In the end, there are much better places to go.
- Good food but very slow coming.HelenVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a 6:00 reservation, but the entree did not arrive until 7:15.
- enjoyableProutsDined on 6/29/2014it was a relaxing and delicious experience! we will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knittingmaven1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Quiet atmosphere and good food in casino location characterized by intense noise level and fast foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 613 reviews are from the Alta Strada Foxwoods reviews archive.
- Alta Strada at FoxwoodsBennemuddeDined on 6/22/2014Dinner at Alta Strada was an unforgettable experience. The hostess was courteous, The Waitress was prompt, very attractive and professional. Waited on us and took orders at the right time, served food and drinks at the right time and solicitous. Meal progressed leisurely and all of my guests were really happy. We will become frequent visitors . I recommend this restaurant highly .The decor was fine tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bruschetta EverFoodLuver5Dined on 6/20/2014We dined here on a Friday night, and it was a great experience. The service was excellent, and we had the best bruschetta we've ever had. The ambience is wonderful, and you do not feel like you are in a casino while dining.Special Features:
- Great FinddanbDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant exceeded our expectations. The freshly made pasta brought back memories of the pasta my Gram made. Everything was hot and tasty. The waiter was fantastic. Can't say enough about the entire experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceMurphcatDined on 6/7/2014Everything we ordered was fresh and prepared exquisitely. The food presentation was also notable. It was a delicious meal from appetizer to dessert! Will definitely frequent this restaurant again.Special Features:
- OK BrunchKaseyVIPDined on 6/1/2014There was a nice variety of food, emphasizing Italian. The desserts were excellent. My omelet was overcooked and dry and we were told the juices were included, but they were not.
- Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed our Mother's day brunch. The menu was diverse. The food was good and the service was great. The price was excellent. Great value for very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once AgaindickbDined on 5/6/2014My wife and I had dinner on May 6th at Alta Strada. The service was excellent, enhanced by being remembered, and the food was wonderful. We both ordered something we had never had before and enjoyed it thoroughly. We'll be back.Special Features:
- foxwood specialtastybiteDined on 5/2/2014Our waiter was very attentive, and no rush was put on us to leave. The food was very good...the steak was cooked perfect(medium), tender and very flavorful. My friend had the salmon which she likewise said was flavorful. Our only problem was the olive oil for the bread....it was flavored with mind which just was not to our liking. The drinks(martinis) absolutely top shelf..mixed just right.Special Features:
- GoodLoveditVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great Restaurant ... good food and good service. My only complaint is the restaurant staff listed me as a noshow even though I was there right on time and they repeated my name back to me acknowledging that they had the reservation. They need to be more careful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service from Jade!JadeDined on 4/26/2014We were offered 2 half portions = 1 dinner; a nice opportunity to taste different items on menu. One was too cheesy; one was too spicy tho we asked for less spicy. However, wine was great; bread and oil always good. And the server, Jade, was excellent! Knew about every item, the wines, desserts, etc. We often go for the margarita pizza which is very good. We are repeat diners here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining experienceBrianDined on 4/18/2014Alta Strada gets a 10 out of 10 in my book. The bone in Rib eye I had was mouth watering. My fiancé's Salmon was cooked to perfection. Our waiter was professional courteous and took excellent care of us. Couldn't be happier with our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good VisitWoodmanVIPDined on 4/3/2014Had a fine meal of salad, pasta (the tortellini) and a glass of red wine. All were excellent. The server was attentive and well informed about the menu. This was a slow Thursday night, so it is not possible to tell how things might go on a busy weekend. A meal here is not inexpensive, but then at a casino location everything carries inflated prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money!!LZappiDined on 3/30/2014My husband and I were staying at MGM so we decided to try Alta Strada because it was convenient and looked like a nice restaurant. Restaurant was very nice. Service was just ok. Food wasn't bad but wasn't great. Definitely wasn't worth the money. We had the Veal Meatballs which were dry. We also had the Chicken Parm which was $25 and not served with pasta. The only way you could get pasta with it was to order an additional entrée of just pasta. Overall experience not great. Way overpriced.
- great meal great timedickbDined on 3/24/2014We had a great time at Alta Strada. We were seated immediately and given ample time to make up our minds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014My husband and I had a great time here. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the wines and the menu. Bread was great but we would have preferred a parm and spices infused olive oil dip to the bright green basil mint and parsley concoction. Food was perfectly cooked and delicious. I had mushroom ravioli and it was an ample serving. Husband had fra diavolo and loved everything about it. Shrimp is so easy to overcook but not this time. For dessert we opted for three different types of gelato. The lemon merengue especially was a hit. We would absolutely visit again.Special Features:
- Will definitely return !MaouiDined on 3/8/2014Found this restaurant last minute while visiting Foxwoods as we were going to see Jamie Foxx at the MGM Grand... Booked with Open Table... Wonderful experience- Loved the decor, the ambiance and the service was outstanding. Try the mushroom rigatoni... Excellent! We'll be back next visit to Foxwoods in May. Maoui from Québec, Canada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the service!Tls0404Dined on 3/1/2014Very attentive service, excellent seating in a booth for two. We came here for dinner before a show. Normally we go to craftsteak, but felt like mixing it up. Great wine list, and food was good and fresh. So glad we made reservations as people were being told all times were sold out, but could wait to see if a seat opened at the bar. Saturday night... who doesn't make a reservation? Staff was really the shining gem of this location, I've had better pasta elsewhere but it was freshly made which is a big plus. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the pizza, meatballGiorgiosDined on 2/1/2014We had the pizza, meatball appetizer, and assorted pasta dishes. All very good, but on spicy side which the waiter advised us of. they will make the dishes less spicy and change ingredients if you wish. Lots of fun groups of friends and date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent...FoodfinderVIPDined on 1/18/2014Went with friends for the first time . Service was good and timely, but feeling rushed. Drinks were awesome! Food overall was decent. All of our dishes were heavily spiced. Pork chop we were told was going to have a kick. The meat was perfect, but the accompaniment with too spiced. Same for our two pasta dishes. Overall, good.