Alstarz Bar & Grill
140 US Highway 130
Bordentown, NJ 08505-2218Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Alstarz Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alstarzbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 6092910200
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00AM to 11:00PM
Monday thru Thursday: 11:00AM to 12:00AM
Friday & Saturday: 11:00AM to 2:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: David S. Finch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hours Monday thru Friday 3PM-7PM
Monday: Wild Wings / All-You-Can-Eat $10
Tuesday: "Buck-a-Shuck" / $1 Oysters
Wednesday: Prime Rib / All-You-Can-Eat $18.95
Thursday: Lobster Nite / $Market Price$
"Guess the Lobster Weight" Contest
(At the Bars ONLY)
Friday 10PM-2AM: DJ "Paul DeSisto"
Saturday 10PM-2AM: DJ "Mazz"
Sunday 10AM-3PM: Jazz Champagne Balloon Brunch
A word from Alstarz Bar & Grill
Alstarz Bar & Grill is an upscale restaurant bar & grill designed to tingle your palate with an abundant selection of appetizing cuisine and appeases your athletic spirit with televised broadcasts of all your favorite sporting events. Alstarz is New Jersey's most unique sports venue with 24 flat screen TVs throughout – even in the bathrooms! There is one 6'x8' front-projected screen and another 6'x4' rear-projected screen in the sky box. Our outside patio seats 125 guests and its 35 seat bar is unlike any other: 3 flat screen TVs, a fire pit, heaters and ceiling fans. Smoking is permitted on the patio. Private dining is available for up to 250 people and we can reserve private areas or entire rooms to accommodate parties and banquets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alstarz Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Friend' recommendationwineanddineVIPDined on 9/16/2014Early Dinner. Entree was delivered with the starter (told Kitchen just does that). They actually came before the first beer was delivered (about 10 minutes wait). Two other tables were dining at this early time, so I couldn't understand my server forgetting me. Food about dinner style (onion soup and fish and chips).
- Sports, Sports, SportsCookieDined on 7/4/2014With all the TV screens, you can't miss what's going on while you enjoy good food from a menu with nice variety.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Alstarz Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- very goodwillywheelndealDined on 6/20/2014Very roomy with a large menu selection and the food was great.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experienceNickDVIPDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I eat at Alstaz often. We always have good service and delicious food.Special Features:
- Great choice for brunch.foddieontapDined on 3/30/2014A $10 brunch with great food? Excellent choice. Food was hot and fresh. Service was friendly. What more can you ask for. Brunch is 10 to 3 instead of 2 like most places, excellent. Omelette station was AWESOME. The omelette maker is the friendliest I've ever met. I know that sounds strange. LOL. Pancakes, French toast (delicious), bacon, sausage (OMG), home fries, eggs, carving station w/roast beef and turkey, a little salad stuff, 4 hot entrees including mac and cheese and meatballs, and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014New menu seems smaller than the previous one? Really not going to find too many healthy options here either. Food overall was pretty good - though the Apple Walnut salad had a strange BBQ flavor to it for some reason. Fish & chips were pretty good!
- You've got to try the BrunchNickDVIPDined on 1/18/2014The Sunday Brunch at the Alstaz is a great deal. The low cost and great selection make it a must try. The Eggs Benedict are cooked perfectly. Custom Omelets and made to order Pasta can fill your plate.Special Features:
- This is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2014This is a great restaurant for sports fans who love good food. Always my favorite place to go to watch a game AND get a great meal. Still good food, but was a little disappointed that they changed the menu. The main reason I loved this place was because it had more than just 'sports bar' food. Went from a 6-7 page menu to one sheet back and front. Again, the food that's on it is still delicious, and on the plus side they lowered the prices, just wish they left a few more of the appetizers and chicken dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2013Pleasantly surprised at the quality of the entrees at this sports bar. Expected burgers and fries. Got crab-stuffed salmon and creole red snapper.Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE, GREAT OVERAL!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/6/2013tom was a great server and i love the appetizer selection! fancy seafood to combo platters! bartenders always make the best sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heather the bartender wasFrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/26/2013Heather the bartender was very personable when I sat at the bar for after dinner drinks! Nice outdoor patio and an extensive menu for all occasions!Special Features:
- When you mention a sportspetelabVIPDined on 3/31/2013When you mention a sports bar, most think of a dark, crowded place dominated by TV screens and patrons enjoying pitchers of beer while cheering/jeering whatever game is on. Alstarz, despite the bad spelling of the name, offers something much nicer - larger, more open, and more welcoming. Their Sunday brunch buffets are something special. Lots of food of top quality (remember, it IS a Mastoris venture), displayed appealingly throughout the bar area, and augmented by two hot serving stations (carving station and omelettes). Everything is great, and it's a terrific value at $22.95 a person! My only complaint is with service. I know that buffets aren't the best time for tips and there isn't much to do, but the servers need to show more energy.Special Features:
- You know that old adage: IFOUT2muchVIPDined on 1/31/2013You know that old adage: IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT SOMEONE DON'T SAY ANY THING AT ALL. That's all I got!
- Just had lunch. Quiet. DefinitelywindyjjVIPDined on 1/29/2013Just had lunch. Quiet. Definitely not like the crowd in the evening. The goat chesse salad is awesome. yum yumSpecial Features:
- Fun place to eat during anyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/6/2013Fun place to eat during any sporting event. Lots of tv's to watch the game on. Reasonably priced and lots or menu choices. happy hour drink specials are great as well as drink specials during games make this restaurent one that I would recommend. We will continue to go back to eat here because we have a good time and enjoy the food and ambiance.Special Features:
- The server Kacey was excellent,FrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/27/2012The server Kacey was excellent, attentive, and personable. The bar scene was energetic for the game on TV. Food was fresh and an overall great experience.Special Features:
- DJ comes on at 10pm whileOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/23/2012DJ comes on at 10pm while many people are still eating. He is so loud that it's very annoying. We had to leave as we were having a hard time hearing each other.Special Features:
- Always a consistant placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Always a consistant place to go for good bar food and watching a game. The service was a little slow, but we were the crowded bar area. When we have sat in the main dining area things are usually much faster. We were watching a game, so we weren't in any hurry. The crowd age clearly shifts to a younger set when the DJ comes on a 10 - 10:30. If you like to dance (a lot of hip hop these days) a good place for that too.Special Features:
- On the Rise, I hopeAndySVIPDined on 8/24/2012The reviews should start getting better, the outdoor section is second to none, it is the best place to watch a football game outside by far. They seem to have done an overhaul, with Mastori's owning the place the food is real good...When they were trying to be a night club too the service, food and overall feel was lacking. I'm sure liquor sales were great though.Special Features:
- Food was good. Server wasjenpeel11VIPDined on 6/9/2012Food was good. Server was good, but service was poor. Our diets are gluten-free. This restaurant was selected because it was stated that they were GF-friendly, but the staff was not well informed, and there was no GF menu or suggestions the server could give us. Our server asked if we would like the chef to come speak to us, which we did, but he never came. Finally a manager came over, who did seem to have some GF knowledge, but this was after being seated for about 30 minutes. Finally we ordered (with some confidence since the manager seemed to know what he was talking about), and after a long wait our salad came out as pasta, but quickly got corrected, and then our food arrived shortly after that. Overall WAY too long of a wait!!Special Features:
- Went for the Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Went for the Mother's Day Buffet. We barely found a parking spot, the place was crowded, and lines were long. Once we finally got our 1 and only plate, the food was very good. We were stuffed! Bummed we didn't get to experience the other offerings beside breakfast, but was overall happy with our experience.Special Features:
- We love this place. The foodEricam54Dined on 4/25/2012We love this place. The food and service are always fantastic and the prices are great!!Special Features:
- Not friendly greeting or serviceSanchoPanzaJrVIPDined on 4/20/2012Not friendly greeting or service at front desk ever! Wine list cheapest bottle is $28. C'mon. Our male server was great Some great deals for Happy Hour. Patio is nice though smoking is allowed which I guess seems fair, but I forgot how a smokey bar felt.Special Features:
- This visit was for EasterpetelabVIPDined on 4/8/2012This visit was for Easter Brunch, so things were different from what I've encountered during a "normal" stop. The place was packed, but the staff kept things moving along very nicely, minimizing waiting times and operating the entire event smoothly. Kudos to them for that! The food choices on the Brunch Buffet were astounding - if you were so inclined, you could make trips to fulfill your needs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner separately! Everything was well-prepared and delicious, and an excellent value. This will be a definite return in the future.Special Features:
- It was a very good buffet..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012It was a very good buffet.. More food than expected. Waiter was very good ant attentive.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the meal. I gotwindyjjVIPDined on 2/14/2012I enjoyed the meal. I got a goat cheese salad. It was late night dinner. I am sure it is hopping during a good sports event. I would return.Special Features:
- The menu is extensive-there'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2012The menu is extensive-there's something good for everyone. We went during the football play-offs, so the atmosphere was very charged and did get loud at times, but that's exactly why we went. Our party of 6 had a great time eating quite a variety of wonderful appetizers before continuing on to dinner. We had all been there a few times before and can honestly say we have NEVER been disappointed in the food. If we were forced to say something negative, the only thing would be that the service this time wasn't as good as usual. Our server seemed to be only one of three in the entire restaurant and didn't get back to our table as often as we would have liked, but in fairness to him, he was running around and working quite hard.Special Features:
- The appetizers, drinks andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012The appetizers, drinks and desserts were outstanding. The menu is diverse. Portions were large. The dinners were very good. The menu and portions are not at all similar to Mastoris, so those going there expecting a sports bar version of that restaurant will be disappointed. We had dinner during a NFL playoff game, so it was a bit loud at times, but still quiet enough for conversation. After 10 PM on that Saturday night, the restaurant transformed into more of a bar/nightclub scene, complete with DJ, bouncers and a line at the door.Special Features:
- We were there for New YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2011We were there for New Years Eve. The dinner was absolutely fabulous. The chef came to our table several times to check on us, and because we moved to a different table so breakfast could be set up after the new year, he sent an after dinner drink to our table. Wonderful food, excellent service. The only problem was when the party and dancing started, the DJ didn't take requests and played the same type of music all night.Special Features:
- Firepit area was nice placeBrocKDined on 11/18/2011Firepit area was nice place to hang out for a drink.Special Features: