2355 Vanderbilt Beach Rd. Suite 158
Naples, FL 34109Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alpineofnaples.com/
- Phone: 2393259499x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, German, Eastern European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alpine Restaurant
We serve the finest, the most authentic and delicious German, Slovak, Czech, and Hungarian food on this side of Florida. All meals are homemade from scratch. Come in to taste and see how we serve our cappuccino, latte, espresso and real other European coffees. For lunch have sandwiches and salads, homemade soups and much more. Finish your dinner with home baked apple strudel, rum ball or our chocolate cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alpine Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)romantic (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- alpine blahridinghhoodDined on 9/20/2014Food was just OK===have had better German food elsewhere...
- amy68Dined on 8/30/2014Huge portions that taste delicious! Just like being in Europe!Special Features:
- Wonderful New FindGoodnightireneDined on 7/15/2014Great Czech/German food. Always difficult to find this type of restaurant. Truly great food....we will return often and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Although there is a good variety of Eastern European food on the menu, the quality of the food is just fair. "Bland" is my rating for the items that I tasted. The most positive part of our experience was being served by the owner. He's a Slovakian with an excellent sense of humor. He also provided attentive service.Special Features:
- Wait staff and owner are rudeBobbieVIPDined on 7/13/2014While the food was excellent, our dining experience was ruined by a rude owner who greeted us with the comment, "Well, you're here", after I enthusiastically tried to share that we had come all the way from Illiinois and were delighted to find a restaurant that served Czech food. What a way to bring a customer down. The fact that the server was equally cool and ignored us resulted in us wolfing down out food, ignoring any dessert and getting out of there as quickly as we could.
- Wow!happyeaterDined on 6/28/2014My husband found this place online and since he grew up in Germany was nostalgic for some Bavarian food. We were impressed with the overall look of the place and the friendly service. I definitely loved that the restaurant wasn't noisy. We were brought out our meals quickly. I had the bratwurst. So delicious! My husband tried the wiener schnitzel...big piece of pork! We were most impressed by the dessert we chose. Their apple strudel was the best I've ever had! We enjoyed the great experience! If we lived in Naples we definitely would patronize Alpine frequently! Thanks Alpine for such a memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 68 reviews are from the Alpine Restaurant reviews archive.
- Hidden GemBlueCollarFoodCriticVIPDined on 6/1/2014This restaurant serves very good German, Czech Republic, inspired food. It has a "home cooked" quality we found very enjoyable. It was sad that there was only one other couple dining at the restaurant when we arrived. If this restaurant was in a better location, I believe on the night we went, it would have had many more diners enjoying the delicious freshly prepared food. Even the soup is made fresh daily and tastes it!Special Features:
- Service Needs AdjustmentDiner2SomeDined on 5/31/2014Enjoyed the food which was nicely presented, fresh and well-seasoned. Cannot say same about attitude of owner, who waited on us. First incident concerned Open Table reservation which he wanted to cancel, because "it costs him money" and we were actually joining another group. Second was a lecture about gluten allergies, which in his opinion don't exist or are highly over-rated. Third moment concerned the failure to let my GF friends know that the house salad was the substitute for the entree's vegetable sides, and instead made no objection when they ordered optional house salads. If you can overlook or mitigate the hosts heavy-handed service attitude, you will enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodPJSVDined on 5/24/2014While looking for a good German restaurant I can across Alpine and thought I would give it a try. Felt they had good service and food... could of done without the TV, but for the most part a nice comfortable restaurant. Will be back and would recommend.Special Features:
- Little bit of Germany in NaplesRaddocDined on 5/6/2014Our second visit in a couple of months. Delicious fresh homemade German food served outdoors in a pretty setting, albeit in a mall parking lot. Really enjoyed the schnitzel and spatzele. These snowbirds from PA will certainly visit on our next Naples visit.Special Features:
- Great meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Everything was yummy--first time for all of us--word of mouth got us there and we were not disappointed--next time back in Naples a must eat! ThanksSpecial Features:
- As Good as AntcipatedWillgobackDined on 4/25/2014Have eaten at this restaurant several times. Food is very good and plentiful, service is excellent, and the staff is very pleasant and friendly. We will certainly return again, we have never been disapointed.
- Wonderful Foodhland33Dined on 4/8/2014OK ... this place (located in a strip mall) sin't very appealing from the outside ... and OK, the interior was not done by a designer, but neither of these are real reasons to go to a restaurant. the real reason is, of course, the food. And here at Alpine, you are sure to walk away saying that the food was definitely authentic, very, very tasty, and plentiful. The Schnitzels are great, the Slovakian choices are excellent (I would list them but I can't spell them). And don't fail to order spaetzle as your side dish. It is truly outstanding. If you have a hankering for some great German based, eastern European food, then don't pass up Alpine.Special Features:
- skiingmojoDined on 3/28/2014The schnitzel was good, but 3 of the 4 of us had a version and they are all so similar it was like we had the same dish. The beers, both on tap and in bottle were fantastic. Fresh and crisp. Servers were very curt er germanic. Desserts were colossal so plan accordingly. Schnitzel was good, but had to ask for gravy. Red cabbage was also notable. Had a great time.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smile...Alsoluv2dineDined on 3/26/2014I have been there many times. The owner waiter is not friendly.. He needs to smile more and they need more wait staff. Portions are gigantic and very good. I have said before.. For the price they need to give a small salad or German bread. I have taken many people there on special occasions and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Excellent schnitzelSchnitzel2Dined on 3/25/2014Tis restaurant is hidden away in a strip mall. If you like schnitzel (pork), it is worth coming here. The portions are very large and served with red cabbage and a choice of starch. The apple strudel is delicious. The service is fast and the restaurant although lacking in atmosphere is very clean. Do not come here if you are looking for a romantic evening but come here if you like good German/Czek food. Prices are reasonable, given that most restaurants in Naples are somewhat over priced. I would definitely come back on my next visit to Naples.Special Features:
- Too much foodmokuskaDined on 3/14/2014The portions in this Czech / European eatery are very large. The food quality varies. We had the Svickova - this is a version of Sourbratten. The dumplings were very good. The meat was good but the gravy was missing character and the portion - huge. We also had the Vepro, zelo a knedlo. That is pork, cabbage and dumplings. Again, the portion was huge. The pork was good, the cabbage was excellent and the dumplings very good. Also, the experience become somewhat expensive for this type of restaurant. We will not go back.
- Will not returnNaplesSnowbirdDined on 3/7/2014This restaurant is very near our Naples home, so we took guests there. Service was INCREDIBLY SLOW! Food was just OK. The available sides for the Jaeger Schnitzle were all carbs. When I mentioned this to the server, she said I could have mixed vegetables if I wanted. I agreed. When my dinner arrived, the vegetables were from a bag of frozen mixed Asian style vegetables, and not warm enough to eat, despite being buried under the huge portion of meat, which took up most of the size of the dinner plate.. Everyone agreed that the evening was just OK. Hubby and I were embarrassed to have taken gusts there, and will not go back.
- Deliciously Different!KShock64Dined on 3/6/2014In a town overrun by Italian eateries, this Naples, FL gem offers some of the comforting aromas and tastes of both my Grandmothers kitchens- one German, one Croation/Polish. The saurkraut soup was my favorite dish, but everything we tried was delicious! We will be back soon to try the other half of the menu! (We ate a lot...). Give it a try. You can make pasta and sauce at home.Special Features:
- We had an out of town guestDianneDined on 2/18/2014We had an out of town guest and wanted to take her some place different. The Alpine was fantastic. Intimate and relaxing. The server was very knowledgeable, and the food was outstanding. The timing between the appetizers and entrees was perfect. The server was very attentive without hovering. The Alpine is real gem, and we are sure to return there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushy spaetzleSnowbirdDined on 2/16/2014The owner was also the server and the host. He wasn't very efficient nor friendly and welcoming and didn't even know that the svickova wouldn't be available for another hour. our reservation was for 6PM. shouldn't someone be in the kitchen getting things cooking before they opened for dinner? The spaetzle was a little on the mushy side and companions was only lukewarm. The Wiener schnitzel was good but the red cabbage was too sweet. The goulash was okay. They need to get an experienced server. Water wasn't refilled and no one came to ask how we were liking the meal.
- Dinner at Alpinemulberry127VIPDined on 2/14/2014Had reservations through Open Table at 6:00 pm. We were second couple there; we were seated in front of the kitchen door and requested another seat. Dinner was excellent and servers courteous. We ordered two desserts and one was brought out 15 mins. after the first. Ordered coffee; it came out after desserts were removed from table and we had to remind waiter that we ordered coffee. The food and presentation was excellent; they just need to become more organized. Would recommend for a delicious European dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jerardDined on 2/14/2014Expected a Alpine/Swiss/German dining experience...far from it.
- Great German/Slavic foodJoeGDined on 2/14/2014Great homemade German/Slavic style food; dessert offering and coffee is outstanding. Restaurant is clean and comfortable.Special Features:
- This restaurant has a wonderfulFirstVisitDined on 2/8/2014This restaurant has a wonderful chef who makes delicious food, which deserves to be served hot. Unfortunately, it was not, even though the kitchen was continually ringing the pick-up bell. The restaurant is in desperate need of additional wait staff.Special Features:
- Authentic German foodlindaVIPDined on 2/8/2014The schnitzel is excellent!!! This is very authentic German food and we enjoyed our meal immensely! The pilsner on tap was cold and delicious! I will definitely return!
- You'll like this placeNaplesResDined on 1/21/2014I wanted something besides traditional American or Italian food mostly served in SW Florida. I knew there should be places like this given the amount of German tourists. And I was gratified to find Alpine. There are Hungarian dishes I never had before as well as traditional German selections. The food was prepared perfectly, the waitstaff was helpful and courteous. Don't miss this place. It was our first time, it will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFood4thoughtDined on 1/18/2014We needed a euro fare fix and found this gem in Naples. Schnitzel, peprakash, goulash it's all here and all skillfully prepared. Urequel Pilsner on tap, what's not to like? Struedel or Rum balls for dessert too. You can't go wrong for authentic euro dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedjj2denverVIPDined on 1/18/2014The food was more Czech than German but the schnitzels were good. Very disappointed that the advertised made fresh daily pastries were unavailable for dessert. The restaurant had sold out of Apple Strudel and only store bought chocolate cake remained. They also sold out of another entree while we were dining.
- 1/16/2014mdl152Dined on 1/16/2014We went with some friends from Europe. The food was excellent. The restaurant is in a shopping center. Decor is minimum so there is no fabric to mute the noise. The reason this restaurant did not get 5 stars is our initial greeting. We were told not to use open table for a reservation because it complicated their reservation system. We were told to call and leave a message on answering machine. Not the way I want to be greeted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Their SoupsTomvDined on 1/14/2014All of their food is great, but the soups are all good (yes I have now tried them all). This is a great restaurant that is kid friendly, but still idle for adults only. Kids especially love the hot chocolate. Tammy is a wonderfully attentive server. We will continue to come back here.Special Features:
- Choice for German foodRudyDined on 1/14/2014My husband's birthday and his favorite is Schnitzel. We just arrived in Bonita Springs. Found this restaurant on Internet. Very pleasant, good service and large portions. Varied menu of German/Slovic choices from appetizers to desserts. We both chose Weiner Schnitzel, but other choices of schnitzel, which I might try next time. Red cabbage outstanding as was the spaetzel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like German, CzechOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/9/2014If you like German, Czech and Slavic food that's the place to goSpecial Features:
- Food Cannot Get Any BetterTomvDined on 1/7/2014We just all loved the food. The soups were raved about, as were the schnitzels. This is one eatery that should not be missed and it is also very "kid friendly". All three kids loved the hot chocolate. We will be back because of the food and also the friendly and efficient service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice friendly restaurantrrayllVIPDined on 1/2/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at the Alpine Restaurant due in large part to the friendly and attentive service. The food is very good and priced reasonably. Not a fancy place but perfect for that German area comfort food meal. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish dish was very good.MarkDined on 11/30/2013The fish dish was very good. Service was knowledgeable and friendly. They need a much better wine list.Special Features:
- German GemFinnfanaticVIPDined on 11/23/2013We set out looking for good German food. Somewhat hard to find, Alpine offers great food at reasonable prices. The Schnitzel is wonderful as is the goulash. Potato pancake is large and easily serves two. There is only one beer on tap but others available by bottle. Great for a casual dinner with friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerDine & the AlpineGingerDineDined on 11/1/2013The food was delicious and perfectly seasoned, service was exceptional, and the ambience elegant and cozy. I wouldn't hesitate to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodAlsoluv2dineDined on 11/1/2013I have been there at least 7-8 times always bringing new guests with me. They love it too. A bit pricey but I wish they would serve a small piece of their bread while waiting for the meal.. The farmers potatoes are wonderful too. Portions are very large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland Food - Nice ServiceSLCFoodie1Dined on 10/30/2013For all the positive reviews (on Trip Advisor) we found the food to be extremely bland and flavorless. We both had the schnitzel which is supposed to be the speciality of the house. The meat was tender, but had close to no flavor. The coating was crisp, but again, flavorless. The Jager schnitzel is traditionally served with a creamy mushroom sauce, but this version came with a side of flavorless, gray sauce with chewy mushrooms. Not good. Bacon mashed potatoes were quite good, but a bit dry and red cabbage was just about average. The saving grace, was friendly service from a staff of nice people.Special Features: