Top of North Peak Mtn
Keystone, CO 80435Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.keystoneresort.com/diningdetail/Key+-+Alpenglow+Stube.axd
- Phone: 9704964386x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Summer: Closed. Winter: Sundays at 10:30am
Lunch: Summer: Closed. Winter: Thursday - Saturday
Dinner: Summer: Thursday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm Winter: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Matt Coleman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Highway 6
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: DIRECTIONS TO THE ALPENGLOW STUBE
Drive through Keystone Resort and turn right onto East Keystone Road (River Run Village Sign). Turn left onto Gondola Road. Turn right into "Montezuma Free Parking Lot" and park. Walk through the center of River Run Village toward the base of the mountain. Check in at the Mountain Service Center. Board the River Run Gondola. Exit the River Run Gondola and walk across the summit to board the Outpost Gondola. Enjoy a 20 minute ride to North Peak.
A word from Alpenglow Stube
The highest AAA Four-Diamond™ dining experience in North America. Enjoy breathtaking views while traveling in enclosed comfort aboard two gondolas to the top of the North Peak® at 11,444 feet. Award-winning chefs create delicious contemporary cuisine with a Bavarian accent to complement this unique, secluded setting. Arguably the best dinner in the ski industry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Alpenglow Stube - Best Restaurants in Keystone ›
Alpenglow Stube reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (16)scenic view (16)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (6)late-night find (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Love it!FielderDined on 7/20/2014Everything about this experience was great! The Gondola ride up the mountain, the welcoming staff, the atmosphere, the service, and the food was to die for. We do not mind paying a high price for excellent, mouthwatering, delicious food. Overall just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a european experienceheartflowerDined on 7/20/2014Themed like a high-end Austrian hotel dining room, I had the expectation that this would be like dining in Austria. It was - and it also wasn't! The food is well-prepared and there is a lot of variety to the dishes. The prix fixe meal at $99 didn't include any wines, and the dishes weren't as interesting as the a la carte menu, which had a mixture of continental-inspired and Wntermountain West themed dishes. Everything we ordered was plated nicely and tasted good, but not memorably so. The service was very good but not expert as you'd expect to see in Europe. The wine list is expensive and not too adventurous. The staff tries to please and create a memorable experience, but the lack of outstanding food brings the value into question.Special Features:
- FantasticColoradoLoverDined on 7/18/2014We had a lovely time at Alpenglow Stube. The 7 course meal on the Chef's Tasting Menu was perfect. Our server was helpful and friendly - he guided us through the menu and made sure to give us details on each plate brought to our table. We got to keep the menu that was personalized with our name. The restaurant had a cozy feel and sits on top of the mountain with beautiful views. We will definitely be going back the next time we visit the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/20147 course tasting menu portions were huge, almost too large. Excellent soup and veal t-bone , cooked to the right temp with flavorful sear, and the bite of the dessert I could muster of a hazelnut bar was very good. The cheese plate was a bit plain in the choices, and the halibut cheek app was dry and too filling as it was served on pasta with cheese, but still very flavorful. My wife's steak was excellent, as was her salad and dessert off the ala carte menu. The lobster tempura app got a bit lost in the heavy fry batter. If want to splurge, the experience alone is worth it. Impressive food quality and service, especially given the remote location.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Our extended family has been going to Keystone since it opened in 1969. It is our second home. Although my husband has eaten at the Alpenglow many times, I had not. My dear friend from NYC met me (from San Diego) in Keystone last weekend and we were anxious to try what everyone was talking about. The service is wonderful. The food, however, extremely disappointing. We felt the chef tried to hard to create layers of tastes on each dish; it only masked the flavor of the main ingredient. At this type of restaurant, salt shouldn't even be on the table, but we found ourselves salting several items. We wanted to love this restaurant! Maybe we got it wrong and it's the views and ambience that people love there and the food takes a back seat.Special Features:
- Alpenglow Stube is a CO must seeLisaDined on 7/6/2014If you are looking for a special, unique fine dining experience with delicious food, then the Alpenglow Stube is the spot. I searched high and low to find a lace to take my family when they visit with us, and this is the spot! You take 2 gondolas to the top of a mountain for a spectacular view. The atmosphere is top notch - fine dining at it's best. The food is prepared perfectly with a very good selection of food choices. The prices are on the high side, but that is to be expected for the service, food quality, and experience. Perfect for any special occasion. Request a fireside table or a window view. While there were children there while we were there last - I would not recommend this for children.Special Features:
- RichardDined on 7/6/2014What a great place that serves a special place for the Keystone, CO area. My wife and I went to the restuarant, and will gladly refer our family and friends to experience this outstanding establishment. We will be reflecting upon our experience there for decades to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinner for wife's birthdayJeffCDined on 7/5/2014My wife has been saying, for years, how badly she would like to go to the Alpenglow Stube - so this year, while in Keystone for a few days, we went. Completely satisfied and the staff, ambience, food selection and flavors were all that we had hoped for AND THEN SOME! Not a inexpensive meal but well worth the expense.Special Features:
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 7/4/2014We had been to this restaurant in the mid-90s and remembered it well, especially the fun gondola ride to the top. However, this time the restaurant was pretty empty, which surprised us as we remembered it having been very full the last time we were there. Our waiter was rude, and although we enjoyed the appetizers, the entrees were disappointing as was the dessert -- ice cream that was half-melted. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Great choiceJoeandCecilliaDined on 7/3/2014This was a fabulous night. From the gondola ride; table next to the fireplace; the food, and the service. This was our anniversary and it could not have been a better experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alpenglow StubenancyDined on 7/3/2014If you have a chance, you should dine at Alpenglow Stube. It is the greatest experience..
- Vacation HighlightMel17Dined on 7/3/2014Alpen Glow Stube is a 5 * restaurant and was outstanding. You can either do a 7-course menu or choose from an a la carte menu. The 7-course menu was $99 per person and the a la carte entrees ranged from $30 - $47. Salads and desserts were an additional $10 - $15. In order to get to the restaurant, you have to take a 40-minute gondola ride from the base of the Keystone Ski Resort. The views from the gondola were so beautiful both going and coming. On the way down, it was sunset so your were able to see the "alpenglow" - as per the restaurant name. Our waiter was very attentive and polite; service was excellent. You do not need special dress for this restaurant. This experience was a vacation highlight.Special Features:
- like2eatVIPDined on 7/3/2014Have been here a number of times in past and had a great experience, but was a little disappointed in the service this time. Also, wine list and availability of a couple of choices not as good as in past. Still a good meal and a beautiful place to have a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Alpenglow Stube reviews archive.
- Best food/atmosphere combinationJONandLISADined on 3/29/2014At 11,444 ft in elevation on Keystone's remote North Peak, the Alpenglow combines an spectacular setting with amazing food and service. Unfortunatley, you can't ski to the restaurant at night, but you do take 2 gondolas to access the restaurant. The service and experience is exceptional. The hostess will check your coat and shoes and give you sheepskin slippers to wear during dinner. The waitstaff and somilier were all knowledgable, efficient, and well-trained. Most importantly the food was fantastic; exquisitely prepared and presented. We shared a delicious rabbit appetizer. Our entrees were well portioned (I even took some home) and delicious. The wine list was extensive and included something for every budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRaverDined on 3/29/2014This was the best food I have ever had in my entire life. And I am a food kamasura I always find the top best places with excellent food and this by far is unbeatableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at 11444 feetKentDined on 3/29/2014We have been going to the Alpenglow Stube for several years and never have we been disappointed! The food service and ambiance are always excellent. Located at the top of Keystone Ski resort, the ride up the gondola offers beautiful views of the mountain and village. The staff has always been gracious and welcoming and the decor is classic Colorado log chic offering a very comfortable dining experience. They have a great wine list but, be careful on your consumption, you are dining at 11,444 feet above sea level!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could be betterbumpskierDined on 3/29/2014nowhere near as good as ski tip or keystone ranch. we wont be back
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The gondola ride up and back down was the highlight of the afternoon. We arrived at 1:05, 25 minutes prior to our reservation time and there were several tables set up for four that remained unoccupied the entire time we were there. We were seated 15 minutes late (1:45). A group of four skiers came in about 1:35 and announced they also had a 1:30 reservation. They were seated immediately (before us and we had been there for 30 minutes when they arrived). I wanted to bring a large group of non skiers up for dinner this summer for the novelty of riding the gondola and seeing the ski mountain but I'm not sure now.Special Features:
- ExcellentHuskersDined on 3/27/2014This place was wonderful. The food was amazing. I would recommend the 7 course. Our waitress was amazing and very helpful. My husband and I will definatly be coming back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceBwlankfoDined on 3/26/2014This was a great place to have a romantic dinner on our honeymoon. The Gondola ride up was pleasant and had great views, I would suggest going up the mountain before the sun is supposed to set so you can see all the great views. The guest check-in at the base of the mountain gave us blankets for the ride up, which was much appreciated by my wife. Once you arrive at the restaurant they provide you with slippers if you want to change out of your boots and check you coat as well. The owners do a good job of personalizing the menu for each group. The only thing that they could have done more to "wow" us was to show there congratulations by gifting us our wine or even our desert to show there congratulations on our recent marriage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Summit!DianneDined on 3/26/2014Amazing menu with very gourmet choices. Our server was excellent. We had an amazing view and a beautiful snowstorm passed through while we were eating. Very memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in our seatingTroyDined on 3/23/2014disappointed in our seating - we had reservations for easily a month prior to our visit, yet when we're waiting to be seated we watch a window table go to a foursome of people who did not have a reservation but walked in that day for a table - it appeared to us that someway the 4 who were sat at the window, their money must have been worth more than ours... disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantMikeVIPDined on 3/22/2014We dined with Friends at the top of the mountain, and it was fantastic! It started with a gondola ride to the North Peak mountain at Keystone. We were greeted from the Keystone staff as treasured guests from the moment we entered the gondola until we said goodbye at the end. Service was first class all the way. The Chef's taste was a 7 course meal that delighted with every serving, I can't remember when I have had a better meal. His preparations were classic and nouveau at the same time, and tasted wonderful. The price was on the high side, but the quality was worth it. Highly recommended for those special occasions when the balance of taste and ambiance are required.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mountaintop DiningMikePDined on 3/20/2014This place is fantastic! Went there for a special occasion on a Thursday night. Though the menu is quite pricey, you won't be disappointed. The food and service is as good as it gets. Ask for one of the tables by the fireplace ... very romantic. The bartender (Mike) and our server (Beth) were friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. And of course the gondola rides rides to the restaurant with blankets provided, plus the slippers to wear while you dine, makes this a truly special experience you don't want to miss. In fact we liked it so much that we went back for Sunday brunch ... all you can eat salad, seafood and desert buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great dining experencearthurDined on 3/20/2014This place is a 10 on a scale of 1-10. Food and drink as well as service was wonderful. A great spot after a day on the slopes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the mountain special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2014Creative, gourmet food beautifully presented. Atmosphere, and trip in gondolas to get there and back, is unrivaled. Cozy atmosphere at the top of the mountain. Bit on the pricey side, especially with the added Keystone surcharge, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestuarantJWSMNDined on 3/19/2014We had a wonderful time and experience. The gondola ride to the restaurant was fun and beautiful at night during the return trip. The service was very good and food excellent. Being a "non-foody" type, I thought the selection options for the different courses was interesting and tastefully done. Enjoyed the experience with my wife and son, always nice to have a good memory to talk about. Would definitely go back some day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding BlissmountainblissDined on 3/15/2014We wanted a romantic, intimate, small wedding event for our daughter. We could not have been more pleased. Although there are not private rooms, the staff gave us an area somewhat set apart from the rest of the restaurant with a fantastic view and designated specific staff to attend to our group. The staff was friendly, attentive, and quite professional. The manager was easy to work with and extremely helpful in personalizing our event. She went above and beyond, even planning a 'Plan B' in case of inclement weather. The food was excellent and presented beautifully. Our group of 22 all raved about the service, the food, the ambiance, and the romantic ride home on a gondola over a moonlit valley. This was truly a memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Lovely spot!!BarbU262Dined on 3/13/2014We thoroughly enjoyed out lunch at Apenglow Stube! We try to make this a stop each time we are in the Summit area, and have always found it to be one of our favorite romantic spots!Special Features:
- cool nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014professional delivery of high end dining. Gap in the service from arrival at the reception desk, we were left wondering you was then attending us for 15 minutes. Great bar man. For international guests a simple explanation of the service fees, tipping expectations would be great.Special Features:
- OutstandingJohnDined on 3/12/2014The Alpenglow Stube was outstanding. It made for a very special evening. Our waiter, Jeff, did a terrific job serving us our meal. He was very helpful with our menu selection as well. The food was superb. The multi-course serving of our meal was special. This is a pricey restaurant, but I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Perfect experiencePalatePleaserDined on 3/12/2014You are worn out from a day of skiing and just need a little pampering in the food department. Yes the restaurant is 2 gondola rides away but if dressed properly the time spent is very relaxing. When you arrive at the restaurant take advantage of the slippers - we passed on this option and later regretted our decision. If at all possible try to get Bob as your server - he is beyond the best and will steer into making the right choices for your palate! The food is incredible - the osso buco melts in your mouth and the sauce is spectacular. The bone in rib eye was exceedingly tender and flavorful! The crab ragu delectable and the scallops superb. Do you get the picture??? The food is unbelievable and well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A food experience.RennieDined on 3/12/2014I love the experience and will always try to celebrate special occasions here. While on most occasions I go with the seven course tasting menu, this time I went ala carte and was not disappointed. I had with me a VERY picky eater and I was concerned about finding something to please her on the menu and, even she left very happy! Each dish comes to the table beautifully plated. We both dined on salads and filet, prepared perfectly. I probably could have done without dessert but the turtle cheesecake was so delicious, I had to finish it. I would add that this is not an inexpensive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne Brunch SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2014Went for lunch but since it was a Sunday it ended up being brunch! Notwithstanding we had had breakfast, 2 of our party had seafood omelets and raved about them. The Eggs Benedict were spectacular and I had lamb chops which were perfect. Cream of mushroom soup was outstanding as was the seafood chowder. Hard to do, but make sure you leave room for dessert!! Cab't wait to go back for lunch or a special occasion dinner,Special Features:
- Pleasant fine dining experienceBoca2350Dined on 3/8/2014Opted for a la carte menu as did not care for the main entrées being offered on the seven course menu. Food was delicious but portions rather small for the price...2 lamb chops for 49.00. Definitely check out the Chocolate and Banana Mousse cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hospitality was exceptional.wayneDined on 3/7/2014Hospitality was exceptional. Food & service exceeded expectations. Very enjoyable experience for all 3 of us that were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasteful and refineddogloverDined on 3/7/2014A great meal for our group of six- everyone loved the appetizers and their dishes but what was truly special was the ambiance of ski country/ high alpine/ warm comfort, and the classy delivery of everything. We felt privileged and well cared for. Next time we will come earlier though, so that we finish early enough to ski down the front mountain before night skiing ends. That would be a great topper to a very fine evening!Special Features:
- Mountain eatingDebi481Dined on 3/6/2014The food was average and did not arrive at the table hot. There was an unusually long delay between courses. The trip up the mountain on the gondola was a unique experience and the restaurant was beautiful. The food however was subpar and the service was well below average. The bill was $300 for three people. This included two cocktails and two desserts. Come for the view but certainly not the food.Special Features:
- A gemSusanaDined on 3/5/2014No words to describe it.... Everything was just excellent, this is truly one of the best restaurants I've ever been in my life!. A truly 5 star restaurant! Will definitely come back!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary execution NOT adequateSethTheWineGuyDined on 3/5/2014The setting and ambiance is very unique and thoroughly enjoyable. The service was exceptional and some very nice surprises on the wine list. Total bill for my wife and I was ~$700 with tip. I have no problem paying this price point for an exceptional meal. But, this was far from exceptional. I was appalled at the lack of quality in their cuts of beef. I would put it at the low end of Choice Grade and would better be used for jerky. My foie gras was overcooked (A culinary sin) and the scallops were rubbery and lacked sear. Around this price point names like Keller, Mina, and Danko come to mind as worthy. If you're a foodie, I would suggest you avoid this place. If you are happy paying ambiance in a one of a kind setting, it's worth the stop.Special Features: