New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://alouettenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122226808
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: Provencal, French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jon Michel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available upon request
- Private Party Facilities: Alouette welcomes private parties. We can accommodate large parties from 8 up to 50 people in our upstairs mezzanine and up to 40 people downstairs.
- Private Party Contact: Mayra Cabrera-Pardo 9174061315
- Entertainment: Tuesday's Jazz, Wednesday Spanish Guitar and Friday's Classical. Enjoy a fine dining experience with the tunes of one of our talented guitarist or vocalist on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. On Fridays and Saturdays join us in our new Lounge from 11pm to 2am for Tapas, Specialty drinks and live DJ music.
- Special Events: We welcome all special events.
A word from Alouette
Welcome to Alouette French Bistro, an oasis on the upper west side serving Contemporary French Fare with consistent quality at reasonable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alouette reviews from OpenTable diners
- As we were being seated forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012As we were being seated for dinner a waiter came to the table and informed us the restaurant would not be serving dinner that evening as they were being closed down due to bankruptcy. Think they could have called ahead of time and saved us a wasted trip...
- Nite out with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012Had a wonderful time with friends and family - group of 6! Only drawback was waiting 15 minutes for our table but even that was not a problem since we were all talking and enjoying the company.Special Features:
- The space is too small forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012The space is too small for us to feel really relaxed. But food and service are pretty good.
- Goodbye to neighborhood restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Service and food were not as good as usual. Also the front wall along sidewalk was open---on too hot and humid a night, such that it was uncomfortably hot in the part of the restaurant that was supposed to be air-conditioned!
- The scallops were crazy salty.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2012The scallops were crazy salty. Do not get the malbec. The duck was pretty good, though.
- Practically PerfectBelmontSteakVIPDined on 8/22/2012Romantic, so course I bring two Texas guys. The only woman I've taken here loved it but I had Hi Chaperones in two she's a picky eater and ate all her food both times she came. I live in the vicinity and come alone sometimes,nalways treated well. Sometime the service can be understaffed due to two levels, but the food is exceptional and for what you pay makes it a reticulum value. It's too far south from Columbia and too too too far north of Lincoln Center for an over flux of annoying people. The patrons are generally mature and their is prix fixe that is not for me, but loved by many. That's because I adore the lamb chops and you get four. The Texans cleaned their plates in 9 minutes. Me 41 minutes, I talk too much.Special Features:
- Alouette is leaving the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2012Alouette is leaving the city and it is, indeed, New York's loss.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2012Alouette is a favorite of my husband and me and we like to dine here because it reminds of a Paris bistro. It's a popular neighborhood place and reservations are recommended. Service is always excellent and the waiters are very attentive. Our favorite dishes are the Duck Breast and the Short Ribs, and I absolutely love the Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Sage and Truffle broth. Will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Food is great. Loved thefrannie2676Dined on 8/18/2012Food is great. Loved the sirloin and the berry napolean dessert. Sorry it is moving to Hoboken. Will miss this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very nicely prepared FrenchElceeDined on 8/16/2012Very nicely prepared French fare. Flavorsome but not bold seasoning. While the entrees are priced steeply for a neighborhood place, the coupon offers that are available make this a good deal.Special Features:
- We were there in August whenBevDDined on 8/14/2012We were there in August when every New Yorker is out of town. Had lunch there on a hot afternoon so the restaurant was very quiet...probably more than usual. Regardless, we had a fabulous bottle of wine and a great lunch. We will go back the next time we are in the city.Special Features:
- How do I say so so in French?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2012I decided to experiment and ordered the escargot, didn't really like it. The pasta dish I ordered was a vegetarian dish, it was fair to good. The service was really polite and outstanding. The people there are accommodating and very polite. My big issue came with the ambiance... I won't get into it too much, but all I'm going to say is they need to fix it fast. Though I liked the people there, I probably won't become a regular there. I wouldn't discourage you to visit however. I probably should have ordered something else. Comsi comsa.
- The food is very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012The food is very good. The waiter is very nice and patient since it's first time I am in a French restaurant. The only down side is the customers have to sit very close to each other. We can hear next table's conversation loud and clear even with the bar music.Special Features:
- Superb! The only snag wasChemmacDined on 8/8/2012Superb! The only snag was that they only took American Express, but fortunately we had cash. Since just about everyone expects to pay for even a relatively inexpensive meal with a credit card, Open Table should always note when a restaurant does not take any of the three most-used cards.
- The food is quite good andywingVIPDined on 8/5/2012The food is quite good and I like the service. However there were many fries which made me very uncomfortable sitting there. I have never been to a restaurant with fries around me in New York. If there were no fries I will rate it a 4 star.Special Features:
- don't accept VISA or MasterCardSaxmanVIPDined on 8/4/2012Good neighborhood bistro. Only credit card accepted is AMEX. This will affect my choice of restaurant in the future,
- Lovely neighborhood gemNYCTransplantVIPDined on 8/4/2012The food was good. Service was outstanding especially Ronnie who handled the tables like a master, and it really is a neighborhood gem. The surprise came at the end of the meal when we were informed that the management would prefer Amex. This was not explicitly stated anywhere and although they did take my other CC, it left a bad taste in my mouth at the end of a delightful meal.Special Features:
- A good place if you need tokittyVIPDined on 8/3/2012A good place if you need to be close by the Beacon Theatre. Not so sure I would go there otherwise. Food was good, service was friendly but not very efficient and tables were too close for comfort. Only Amex accepted.
- charming place with charmingfluoro02VIPDined on 8/2/2012charming place with charming staff.Excellent food and very good value.It is nice and quiet upstairs,livelier downstairs.Special Features:
- Phenomenal service highlightsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012Phenomenal service highlights fantastic French cuisine.Special Features:
- We expected a bit more fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012We expected a bit more from a restaurant that calls itself a French restaurant.
- I found my experience hereGdscVIPDined on 7/29/2012I found my experience here troubling. I ordered the risotto which was a nightly special item on the menu. It was poorly prepared-way too watery. I asked the waiter about this and he said he was not surprised because it is not an Italian restaurant (why was it a special?). No offer to substitute it- just confirmation that it was prepared poorly.The meat was also very tough.Not a place to return to.
- A reservation is a must becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012A reservation is a must because the restaurant can only fit a limited amount of guests for period of time during their business hours. Exceptional service from the moment you walk in. A very friendly waitstaff, I would recommend Ronnie when making your reservation. It seems he is very popular there and will take a moment with your order. If you want live music, they have a guitarist come in at around seven o'clock. A wonderful place for a romantic evening out.Special Features:
- As usual everything was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/26/2012As usual everything was outstanding. The duck entree was especially delicious. Jasmine, our waitress, is a treasure.Special Features:
- Become a RegularOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/25/2012We had a lovely dining experience with Ronnie. Everyone there spoke French it was wonderful to hear. I felt like i was in a friends dinig room as we watched the staff move around and interact with each other and the customers. People popped in for a drink before they went home for and it was again like attending a dinner party with the staff. When Andy arrived to play his guitar it was truly like icing on the cake. If I lived in the area I would be there once a week, since I don't I plan on making this a once a monthly spot.Special Features:
- Give your review a titleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012A superb French Restaurant. Quaint in size. Food is excellent. Had the Escargot appetizer which was awesome. Scallop and Salmon entrees where mouthwatering. Tuesday nights they have Jazz night and this night they had an extremely talented Saxophonist Daniel Bennett, who I believe is there often. All in all a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Food is consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2012Food is consistently good. Wait staff is attentive.Special Features:
- Really extraordinary as always.CraftyVIPDined on 7/21/2012Really extraordinary as always. Thanks especially to Annabelle!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, greatFoodieDined on 7/20/2012Beautiful restaurant, great service and the food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Nici food but service wouldAlesandroDined on 7/19/2012Nici food but service would be better & the servers would talk to each other a little bit less & pay more attantion to the customers & their requests.
- Food was varied and excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Food was varied and excellent. It was served with charm.Special Features:
- Food excellent, service wonderful!cuzncjDined on 7/14/2012Food excellent, service wonderful! But, it was very warm in the upstairs dining room. Could have used more AC or fans.Special Features:
- I don't know if the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012I don't know if the waitress was new or not, but she was scattered and forgetful to a pretty extreme degree. Food was meh - serviceable, but nothing to write home about, that's for sure. Next time, I'll try something else on the UWS.
- French Restaurant Week DisasterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2012The staff from wait staff to host are super friendly. With that being said, this place is extremely over priced, not matching value with quality. The food is uninteresting at best and prices inflated for the French accented service. It was French Restaurant Week when we went and it took forever to order our food, receive our food and then for dessert we ordered coffee and dessert that came with the French Restaurant Week special. Our coffee arrived after a long long wait and the dessert never appeared, we gave it over 20 minutes. We left without our dessert as we could just not sit there any longer. The waiter I cannot blame, he seemed to be working very hard and was trying to accommodate as best he could. Perhaps an issue in the kitchen?
- Food was really good, thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012Food was really good, this won't be the last time I have been thereSpecial Features:
- One of the best waiters IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012One of the best waiters I have ever had. Food was very flavorful and the scene was very romantic. Highly reccomend this restaurant.Special Features:
- While the ambience and serviceMSBGDined on 7/11/2012While the ambience and service of the restaurant were very nice, the food was somewhat disappointing. We started with the shrimp in phyllo appetizer which was actually very good. My husband thought the entree selections were fairly limited and he was not overwhelmed with his steak although it was prepared as he asked for it. I had the scallops and overall I thought they were good. We had the poached pears for dessert and we both felt that the chocolate sauce was too watery.
- Our first time at Alouette.countrygirlDined on 7/10/2012Our first time at Alouette. It was a good find, a few blocks further than we usually roam for a week day dinner but well worth it.Very good food, nice atmosphere. We sat upstairs which is a bit calmer than the bar scene downstairs, but it all seemed good. We'll definitely go again.Special Features:
- mixed impressionsClaireVIPDined on 7/10/2012The prix fixe was fabulous. Two of us had it. I had the escargot and moules mariniere. Both poor. The sauce of the escargot was bland and uninteresting and the moules worried me enough that I did not finish my serving. They honored my request for a corner table and that was great.Special Features:
- First time eating "French"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012First time eating "French" food. I found the food the least likeable of the dinning experience. Staff were pleasant, environment was cozy, restaurant was clean but the food was not flavorful. Had the garden pasta dish with garlic, no taste of garlic at all; and caramel desert which was like plain gelatin, very bland.