2110 Richmond Road
Staten Island, NY 10306Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alorcafe.com/
- Phone: 7183511101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, International
- Executive Chef: Alex Orman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide catering up to 100 people. Food only. No wait staff.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Cafe can be utilized for many uses. Private parties, corporate events, and social events. Whatever your party needs are, we can cater to them.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Orman (917)826-1699
- Entertainment: To see Alor Cafe events, please visit "ENTERTAINMENT & EVENT" section of our web site at www.Alorcafe.com
- Cross Street: Lincoln Avenue
- Public Transit: Grant City train station on the Staten Island Railway.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Alor Cafe caters to our customers parking needs. We parking in the front and in the rear of the cafe. There is also street parking available. We do offer valet parking for special events.
A word from Alor Cafe
Alor Cafe provides an exceptional dining experience coupled with a great atmosphere and a uniquely stylish European décor - all of which have made Alor Cafe a premiere Staten Island destination. Located in the heart of Staten Island, Alor is a trendy 'Euro-Style' café-bar-lounge. Alor Café is the ideal meeting place. For private parties, business, pleasure, happy hour, night life, date night, a quiet place to sip tea and check your emails, or to bring the kids, Alor caters to all types of people. Our chef is top rated, award winning in pastry design and promises to arouse the senses with mouth watering foods and desserts. It is not possible to describe all the scrumptious salads, appetizers and soups without customers wanting to try everything, which will be impossible to eat, because of Alor's generous portions...after all, you need to save some room for dessert! Enjoy them with gourmet coffees and teas from all over the globe. This is the image of Alor Cafe. Join us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Alor Cafe - Best Restaurants in Staten Island ›
Alor Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)romantic (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- will go backmodfoolDined on 5/31/2014Second time here for a special occasion brunch. Food is excellent, but some items are over-priced ($2 for toast?), staff is friendly. Recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinaDined on 5/30/2014We went for dinner but the ambiance is more suitable for lunch or brunch-casual. Food and service were good. Really nice entertainment in the evening-would go back in the evening for drinks or coffee to enjoy the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alor is the bestRoseDined on 5/17/2014They always have wonderful musical venues great food & service, and very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Will always go to Alor and hope they will continue to do well. Also, the group Lovemedo was fantastic hope they will come back regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/live musicRickDined on 5/11/2014A vibrant bar/resturant with live music. Service is accomodating and the food delightful. Sunday brunch can be noisey with chatter and tunes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 129 reviews are from the Alor Cafe reviews archive.
- Surprisingly good!LuseviewDined on 4/20/2014This was a place I found totally by a google search and was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was (brunch) and how reasonably priced the meal was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alor is wonderfulRoseDined on 3/15/2014Alor is the best place to go on staten island. There are great musical venues and the cuisine is excellent. Will always return there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed brunch with a fewvlnycVIPDined on 2/8/2014enjoyed brunch with a few friends. the brunch menu was extensive, service was pleasant, but got slow towards the end of our meal, despite the fact that there were only about 5 full tables in the restaurant. nice to have a new brunch spot on SI though.
- No breakfast.Judy13Dined on 1/20/2014Enjoyed lunch, but really wanted breakfast. That is only served on weekends. Food was very good, but decaf coffee was bad. Doors opened late. We did get coffee and tea on the house because of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific buyDossieVIPDined on 12/12/2013Any two offerings for $10! Unheard of? Until now, yes. But my shrimp bisque and beet and goat cheese salad made a perfect lunch Other combinations provided a wide choice..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loudjan1Dined on 8/15/2013Food was good....service exceptional...noise level ridiculous once the not very good singer started singingSpecial Features:
- delicious meal/ talented musicianssi1sealoverDined on 7/18/2013to hear patch (patricia pinnocchi) was our reason for going to Alor last thursday. she is unique on staten island and a really fun performer and a gifted singer. we had a great time. she held the reigns on the stage for most of the night without missing a beat. a real pro. but at the same time - we appreciated the menu - which was interesting and sophisticated. i have a life-threatening peanut allergy and our waitress was EXTREMELY helpful and that is also appreciated beyond what words in a review can say. so, service was excellent, ambiance - upbeat and modern and so all in all we loved the performers, the music and the restaurant in general. we will be back and we will recommend to friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Had never been here. Was a very nice brunch.everything was fresh and tasted wonderful. Service was friendly,timely and efficient. Will definitely go back often and will bring friends.Special Features:
- Delicious Brunch!VabellDined on 4/28/2013We enjoyed a fantastic meal at Alor. The service was excellent as well as the brunch entrees we selected. We were surprised the place was not full! Our coffee cups were refilled promptly and our table was reserved and ready when we arrived. Parking was adequate and we will return again to try lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it once wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/31/2013I would like to start with the positive this is a good place to bring a group the ambiance is very nice and the flat bread was delicious. While this has not been the first time I have been to Alor our group were disapointed in the food and the service was not as inviting as I have gotten in the past. We had a reservation for brunch on Easter sunday. One of the members of the group arrive late and the server refused to allow her to order from the brunch menu eventhough the rest of the group had done so. We felt that they were more attentive to the other group that was in the resturant at the same time as our group. The food was not up to the standards I ususally get from Alor it was bland and just not cooked with no real careSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed the spirit of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2013We enjoyed the spirit of the Cafe! A cozy place that will bring the young set for the outdoor seating area in the spring and summer. Our Server Maria was excellent. The food was interesting and very good. They make all kinds of fun drinks and we will be back to try more.Special Features:
- Everything was great me &OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Everything was great me & my friends had a fun night that night! Food was delicious, service was even better- Olga was very attentive! The live entertainment was fun too!Special Features:
- Very DisappointedLeftybtDined on 2/15/2013I have been to Alor Many times in the past year or so. This past visit, for the first time, I experienced subpar food - and below par service. This restaurant I typically come to for both the food and the music. Many of the entree menu items have been removed. The seafood crepe was drenched in butter (a chef's old trick to cover-up poor tasting food). The chicken crepe saw chicken in large chunks, rather than cut on the bias, and the meat had been held on a steam table, causing the chicken (which was thigh meat) to be very rubbery. I had a reservation. When I arrived, the table I had requested had already been seated; the couple clearly had been arrived less than 10 minutes prior to my res. as they had neither drinks nor had orde
- I have always enjoyed comingLeftybtDined on 1/23/2013I have always enjoyed coming here. Food, ambience is terrificSpecial Features:
- First time at Alor CafeSQ44Dined on 1/18/2013This was our first time at Alor Cafe; as Lou Volpe (Jazz guitarist) was playing, we decided to have dinner and listen to Lou (who is fantastic). We were advised that bread is 'extra'.....$1.00 per order! We ordered butternut squash with apple soup - delicious! Crepes seem to be one of their specialties - I had a grilled chicken with portabello mushrooms & cheese. It was quite tasty. Hubby had a cheeseburger, which was enormous & pretty good. The service is good - no complaints. The entertainment was terrific! What a great venue (as long as you are sitting in the area where the musician is playing). We are serious music-lovers and enjoy listening to the entertainment (vs. talking while the act is playing/singing).Special Features:
- Never disappointed here.Juls3GemsDined on 12/28/2012Never disappointed here. Can't beat the brunch special -- $10 full size & Delicious dishes. Drinks are a little pricey for their size, but $50 tab for 4 people can't be beat.Special Features:
- Alor Cafe is one of my go-tovivaciousvictoriaVIPDined on 12/22/2012Alor Cafe is one of my go-to places when I want an appealing, chic yet unopposing atmosphere and a great dining experience. Came on Rhumba Flamenco night and loved the music. Fennel salad was great and so was the beef ragout pappardelle. Will of course be back!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC FIRST TIME THEREOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012FANTASTIC FIRST TIME THERE AND WILL DEFINATELY RETURNSpecial Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/16/2012This was my second time eatting here and again I was not disappointed the food was outstanding. Prices are reasonalbe service was very good never had to wonder where my waitress was very pleasent and helpful. this place will become my regular spot!!Special Features:
- Went here Sunday of LaborOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2012Went here Sunday of Labor Day weekend for brunch and so it was pretty empty. Four of us had brunch and the food was delicious. One of our party wanted a salad that was not on the brunch menu, but the chef accomodated him with a wonderful Greek salad. Great Bloody Marys too. The young women working that day were super friendly and all in all we really enjoyed our time out. The place has great ambiance too. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- This is a "hidden gem" onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012This is a "hidden gem" on a main road in Staten Island. The food is excellent, the service superb, and the prices very good.Special Features:
- Simply Unbelievable!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2012It’s still hard to believe we have this place in Staten Island - Simply Unbelievable! The Food! The Service! The amenities! The quality! The experience! Wow!Special Features:
- We were a group of four. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2012We were a group of four. We had made reservations and were seated immediately. The service was wonderful. The food was exceptional with a terrific assortment and a wonderful luncheon special. We were not rushed and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. We will return.Special Features:
- excellent food. Went forScrunchyDined on 6/6/2012excellent food. Went for an early lunch and the staff was very accomodating.
- Service was awful, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/2/2012Service was awful, food was ok, nothing great. Would not recomend it for dinner. More a place to stop for drinks.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012I took my mom there for mother's day. Food was exceptional, service attentive without being intrusive and the ambiance was elegant without being too stuffy. Every single plate that was brought to our table was perfectly prepared, generous and delicious. Great restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Ambiance !!! CrepesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Great Ambiance !!! Crepes are delicious , music adds to the outstanding food they serve!! Highy recommend to all.... Lunch special menu is the best deal on Staten Island !Special Features:
- Mother's Day Nightmare!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Over the last few years my Mom and I have been going to Alor cafe for mother's day brunch, which used to be highly rated. The food was reasonable and they would have a nice gift for Mom at the end (a cake, a tea pot). While the $35 per person price tag was not cheap, I felt it was worth it. This year two things completely spoiled the mood for us: 1) A 20% tip was automatically included in our meal for two! I would have given it anyway, but 20% automatically? 2) The gift was a black and white copy on a scrap of paper promising 15% off the next meal. Handwritten was the "do not include with other offers" on the back. Now tell me, what Mom would not get excited over this? We are open for suggestions for our next Mother's day
- Our Mom Loves this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012My family (9 people) went for Mothers Day. The staff was terrific and the food was exceptional! Will come back for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- The food was great, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012The food was great, however they seemed understaffed for a Friday night and our waitress disappeared for a while. When she wasn't working all the other tables she was attentive though. The music, which is what we came for, was a little louder than expected. Having never been to Alor before we didn't realize how small it is and the jazz band that night, while very good, was a little loud for the space making it hard to talk. I have heard many good things from friends about Alor though and think my experience might be outside the norm.Special Features:
- Wonderful, somewhat eclecticLeftybtDined on 4/27/2012Wonderful, somewhat eclectic menu; terrific server (Maria/Mosha)...very hip, cool jazz combo...and they pour a GREAT drink.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/8/2012Food was delicious and the staff was very attentive, I went on Easter for brunch but I do plan on going here in the evening to check out the ambiance of the resturant in the eveing. It looks like it would be a nice place to go for a date.Special Features:
- Had a great time...Alor cafeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Had a great time...Alor cafe is a great place to go with friends or just on a date.Special Features:
- Went to Alor Cafe for ValentineMariDined on 2/14/2012Went to Alor Cafe for Valentine Day dinner with my husband. Fixed menu wasn't realy great: we didn't like appetizers, however main course and dessert were good. There was nice music and service was good. But the sitting wasn't: tables were to closed to each other, can't get between them to sit down: I'd like a little more privacy for dinner.Special Features:
- We came for a jazz performance.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2012We came for a jazz performance. We were pleasantly surprised to learn that alore is not only a jazz bar but also is agreat restaurant. The menu is unique and very creative. Staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Delcious and different!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012It was my third time there in 2 weeks! I went for dessert and fell in love with the crepes so i recommended it to my friends and we went for brunch. Everything was delicious and filling for a cheap price.Special Features: