Aloha Steakhouse - Ventura
364 S. California St.
Ventura, CA 93001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Aloha Steakhouse - Ventura
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alohasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8056521799x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour Daily 3pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Sandoval
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View
- Catering: Contact Charnell for any catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Enclosed ocean front patio. Seating capacity up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Charnell Smith 8056521799x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Special Events: Winemaker Dinner Thursday August 16 2012 at 6:30pm. Featuring Rancho Ventavo Cellars in our Inclosed oceanview patio. Reservations only
- Cross Street: Harbor Blvd.
- Public Transit: Amtrak stop is at Fairgrounds, approximately 1/2 mi north of Aloha Steakhouse.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking by Aloha Steakhouse in public parking areas including parking garage structure where Aloha Steakhouse is located.
A word from Aloha Steakhouse - Ventura
Aloha Steakhouse is Ventura's only beach front restaurant. Voted best Steakhouse, best happy hour and most romantic dinning for ten years running. This is one of Ventura's dining experiences. Hand cut quality steaks and fresh seafood are served in a warm, inviting islands atmosphere, with every table offering ocean views. An expansive menu features an array of contemporary lunch and dinner favorites, plus island specialties and decadent desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Aloha Steakhouse - Ventura - Best Restaurants in Ventura ›
Aloha Steakhouse - Ventura reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (28)special occasion (17)good for groups (10)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Bad seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014When I sat down, I didnt like the location so I asked if I could have another table. They refused saying each tables are already reserved. Yet, they were still taking walk in customers and the reataurant wasnt even full. Hey Opentable, if these restaurant owners are seating your customers in non desireable location of the restaurant, there is no really a reason to make a reservation through opentable.com
- Poor hosting not the first time.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014We have gone here a dozen times. Each and every time we request a window seat. Each and every time we get some lip on why they aren't available. We've tried all times of the day and night. On this visit we show up 90 minutes before our reservations 5pm, empty restraurant. Again request front window table. All four tables open, as we approach these open tables she sits us again away from these tables, I make another request for one of the four open window tables, I said we will be in and out quickly, again I get some bit of mumble from her, I have no idea. During our dinner those tables remain open. As we are preparing to leave they sit a couple in one of those tables. I have a lot of options in Ventura and will never return again.Special Features:
- Usually can't go wrong55katDined on 9/7/2014The food and service are consistently good and of course nice ambiance looking out at promenade/ocean. Would not recommend one of the specials that day of filet medallions and shrimp. The filet was good, but shrimp were tiny, like the size that go in a salad, so easy to overcook, which they were. Five baby shrimp equalled one decent size, so didn't even bother sending back. Macadamia crusted mahi delicious!Special Features:
- CONSISTENTLY PLEASINGdimdinerDined on 8/29/2014We are local residents and have enjoyed several dinners and brunches at the Aloha restaurant. The menu provides a savory variety of choices - sufficient to meet the expectations of the most selective diners. We were again rewarded, in our most recent visit, with a delightful meal (for six) with friendly and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I went to Aloha for an anniversary dinner. The food and service surpassed our expectations. The chocolate lava soufflé was worth a return trip alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AVisitorVIPDined on 8/8/2014After years of enjoying the Aloha, the last visit was disappointing. We arrived at happy hour and sat in the dining room. We were given menus that showed happy hour selections and prices, and specifically ordered the happy hour house wine. Only when the check was delivered were we told that those prices only applied in the bar. The server was pleasant but clueless. The food was average. The experience was embarrassing because I took out-of-town guests.
- A major disappointmentluvfoodVIPDined on 7/28/2014Its hard to enjoy your dinner when you feel you were forgotten. The waitresses were friendly and apologetic but were literally absent.Special Features:
- Great view, good seafoodnjfoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014Nice locaton, lots of windows looking out on Ventura Pier and the ocean. Not exactly a special occasion spot but the food was fine, the waiter very friendly and helpful. Very nice martini with blue cheese stuffed olives, very reasonably priced wines.Special Features:
- Great tableDesiDined on 7/5/2014We had a wonderful table with a great view. The food was good not great.Special Features:
- PerfectEatingenthusiast1Dined on 7/4/2014We went for my mom's 90th birthday - the food was delicious as it always is but the highlight was our server Kenny - he made the night perfect for all of us - he is so funny and a very accomplished server/ humorist - I will always ask for him any time I go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoAMPPVIPDined on 6/15/2014It was Father's Day and not a mention of it to my husband. Waiter did the minimum, he wasn't awful, but for the prices we expected much more attention.
- Great food means a great time!DBLeFevreDined on 6/15/2014Outstanding, as usual! Friendly servers means another terrific dining experience!!!!Special Features:
- Always Great!DBLeFevreDined on 6/9/2014Food,Service and ambiance are always wonderful! Put this one on the "keep" list!Special Features:
- Decent place with great viewHipHopSoulDined on 6/7/2014Since it's near the ocean, you can't beat the view for the seating you get. Although try on the patio near sunset. Food was alright, but could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICEJenniferDined on 6/3/2014Aloha is always a delight! A HUGE thank you to our server Claudette who was so great with older guests in terms of explaining the menu selections and even bending down so that she could have good eye contact with them as they were hard of hearing. Honestly, top notch service and service like this is so rare these days. Such a great experience. Thank you all!Special Features:
- On the oceanJimboDined on 5/25/2014First time going to Aloha, and I lived on the beach in oxnard for 7 years. Great service. Wonderful wedge salad. All around really good food. I was pleasantly surprised .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SuzieQVIPDined on 5/21/2014Steaks are great, as is seafood. This is a really terrific find. The restaurant is right across from the beach. Lovely view, delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 110 reviews are from the Aloha Steakhouse - Ventura reviews archive.
- Great Evening!irish1101VIPDined on 5/11/2014Our grandchildren took their Nana out to dinner for Mother's Day. The four of us were seated on the enclosed patio with wonderful view of the ocean. The food was prepared as described on the menu and offered multiple ways to have fish prepared accompanied by a nice selection of sides. All our meals were delicious. Our server, Claudette, made the meal even more terrific with her efficiency and ebullience. She is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good find!MikeDined on 5/11/2014This is one of a few restaurants in the area that offer a nice ocean view. Parking is fine in the adjacent structure. The food seemed really good considering it was Mothers day and a real challenge for most restaurants. I'd like to visit again during a normal weekday or weekend.Special Features:
- Great service!Red1973Dined on 5/11/2014Without doubt the service is fantastic. When another party stayed quite a while and we couldn't get seated right away, the manager eventually sat us and gave us complimentary appetizers. This was something totally out of their control. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have they lost it?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014Been dining here for many years as my 'go-to' special occasion spot. Our server was completely aloof and had no enthusiasm whatsoever. Three different wines we ordered they were out of, so I had to settle for my 4th choice. Three of us ordered the filet and all ordered medium-rare, and only mine was truly medium rare as the others barely had a hint of pink in them. We were already a bit confused by the weak service and the wines they were out of so we chose not to send back the steaks. I'm not firing them yet as I have loved this restaurant for so many years, but I think Aloha only has one more shot with me.Special Features:
- Overpricedmjc611Dined on 5/3/2014Over priced for the quality of the food. Seated us in a cramped and cold table. Had to be moved but told we had to finish by 7 due to another reservation.Special Features:
- Well staffed.DocBDined on 5/2/2014This restaurant is well staffed both with a more than adequate number of employees and with a wait staff that consistently seem happy to be there and be serving your party. Our party of four all ordered steaks which were great. The side dishes included with the entree were average. At our table three members commented that the ranch dressing was superior. We have dined here several times as a couple and with a party of twelve. You may rely on a good experience.Special Features:
- Great patio viewmonyDined on 4/20/2014A great place to people watch with an ocean view when you sit in the patio area, its inclosed so the temperature is good. The food was very good except for a mishap with the most simple dish we ordered which was a BLT. Crescent was burned and the rest was pretty much tastless (did not eat it). Overall our waitress was not good, we never got plates for our appts so we used a napkin.Walking distance to the pier and the beach. Would go again though, may have been an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm Aloha for Aloha Steakhouse!LLBensonDined on 3/31/2014Another delightful and delicious dinner at the perfect Aloha Restaurant! How we love you! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and Great ServiceJoshDined on 3/30/2014As always great food and attentive service. We had a reservation and they had our table ready when we arrived and very timely in taking care of our drinks, appetizers, and meals. A very positive atmosphere right next to the ocean with some of the best food in Ventura County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day Dinner Done Right!lifebythedrop38Dined on 2/14/2014I booked our table over a month in advance, My girfriend is a nurse, and due to last minute emergencies we missed our 700 pm booking and I called an hour prior to cancell/ rebook. Luckily I did not have to cancel and we still got a window seat with a ocean view and excellent service. The new bar area looks amazing and it has been a while since I have been here but will definitely be going back sooner. Thank you to the whole staff for making our first Valentines Day a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Here's a tip:AVisitorVIPDined on 2/7/2014Going early and seeing the winter sunset allows for less rushed service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was goodMichaelDined on 2/3/2014Steak was good, also the Fries. Atmosphere boring, exceptional view from window table.
- A great place to visitGaryDined on 1/30/2014Very good food, but a somewhat plain interior. However, the view at sunset is spectacular. Kenny is a top-quality server. Try to get seated in his section.Special Features:
- Another home run!iGeneoDined on 1/15/2014Dropped in for a mid-week dinner and as usual, Aloha did not disappoint! Most excellent waiter and the food was as awesome as ever. The new bar area looks great and with the top notch service and food, we will be back whenever possible.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningKathDined on 1/14/2014I took 3 business associates here for dinner and we had an excellent time. I requested a table on the inside patio so that my guests from South Carolina could enjoy the view. We had a perfect table and enjoyed ourselves very much.Special Features:
- outstanding!monyDined on 1/9/2014We were in Ventura for one night and wanted a good dinner. This restaurant was outstanding. Our waiter who also seated us was excellent. The food was great, I had the lump crab stuffed shrimp and my husband had the filet mignon. Both again were outstanding. The mini hula pie was awesome! All around us people were ordering the banana foster which was prepared at table side, flames and all. They have a good size bar separate from the dinning are which we plan to visit real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Service was Eh!HollySDined on 12/31/2013We were at Aloha on New Year's Eve to celebrate our Anniversary - Food was amazing but server was very short with us and borderline rude. We noted it was on anniversary on the reservation - the hostess told us Happy Anniversary - nothing from the server. We tried to order dessert at the outset of our meal as we wanted something special and she said "we'll get to that later". We left without having dessert. Overall the food is fantastic, the ambience is lovely - just a bad experience with server which can make or break a meal. Ask for Kenny - he is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong choice for a meal.KevynDined on 12/27/2013It seemed like the place to go, reviews were decent and the location was just what we needed. To our surprise; Poor service, inattentive, food was unremarkable. We had hoped for a special evening but were a bit disappointed.
- Very variableHollywoodDined on 11/16/2013I've been to Aloha three times; first time was not-so-good, the second time was excellent, and the third time in-between. Both of the poor experiences were seated in the semi-outside area, which is much noisier than the inside dining room. So be sure to request the dining room, not outside... the service was much better inside too.
- Great NightWaterBobDined on 9/25/2013Waiter was terrific, funny, engaging and prompt. Food as always was tasty and well prepared. Overall, well worth the cost for special occasions and a place that I will go back to again.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experienceRGutzDined on 8/21/2013Aloha Steakhouse definitely knows how to cook steaks to perfection. Never had a bad meal there after all these years.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013We enjoyed a fabulous dinner with our friends (first time for them). They were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlohaBrothersGrimmsVIPDined on 7/30/2013A good place for dinner by the beach. Good service and a nice menu. The View is always great by the pier.I would recommend this to a friend.