Almonte Riverside Kitchen
81 Queen Street
Almonte, ON K0A1A0Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
Almonte Riverside Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.almonteriverside.com/dining
- Phone: (613) 461-2745
- Hours of Operation:
Every night from 5-10pm
Lunch Friday-Sunday 11-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Gastro Pub, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Hunter Little
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room is an intimate open kitchen concept that can be booked out exclusively for private on site events.
- Private Party Contact: Rob 6134612745x
A word from Almonte Riverside Kitchen
The Almonte Riverside Kitchen offers a great place to enjoy company in an intimate setting. Our menu changes regularly with fresh ingredients from local producers and we have a selection that allows you to come for a little and stay for a lot. We also have a lounge to enjoy a glass of wine of cold beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Almonte Riverside Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We throughly enjoyed our "sharing" experience at Riverside Kitchen. the service was excellent, the venue charming, we will defiantly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, charming, delicioushard2pleaseDined on 10/18/2014Small, delightful, delicious, private with a gorgeous view. Best steak I've had in the Ottawa area, and my guests loved the elk ravioli. Only slight disappointment for me was the mixed salad, all green and too acidic for my taste. My husband thought it was okay.Special Features:
- Great place for something differentOttawaExcursionDined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed the elk ravioli. It was nice to see pastas made in house for a change. Also, we sat in the lounge instead of the Kitchen and it was really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014We enjoyed our evening meal and would return for the chef's tasting menu to try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Almonte Riverside Kitchen reviews archive.
- Perfect Reunion DinnermissfitzDined on 10/27/2013Three long-time friends, originally from Quebec City - known for its fine restaurants - celebrated their 65 birthdays at the ARK. Every dish was amazing (duck, filet, gnocci) - presentation and taste top notch and the service was excellent. One friend said she'd be hard pressed to find a similar restaurant in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ARK is Almonte's Hidden Gem!PatchesDined on 10/24/2013Celebrating our anniversary with Chef Trisha at the ARK was a great gift. As we reviewed the wine list, we ordered the cheese platter and beet salad. If you love your cheese, you really should order one. The presentation of different types of cheeses along with the specialty bread was amazing to the palette. Upon consuming the entire plate and beet salad, Chef Trisha asked how we enjoyed. In one word, amazing. Our main meal was a beef stew. I'm not sure of the name of this dish but it warmed the belly and so too the red wine. The amount of meal portions was perfect. The entire evening was unforgettable. I recommend everyone that travels to Almonte to experience this small treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, intimate setting...GilcourtDined on 10/19/2013Very good food, intimate setting.............good service,,,,,,,,,,,a very worthwhile dining experience..................We'll be back.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to impressTararaboomdiayDined on 10/4/2013ARIK is a little gem. The scenery is beautiful, the inn is lovely, and the food is always top notch. Nat (the chef) is passionate about what she does and it shows. Having lived in Toronto for 15 years, we dined out frequently at many excellent restaurants. To find food in a lovely little town like Almonte that is on par or even better than many meals we had in Toronto is a dream come true. Rob (ARIK's owner) is always attentive and a pleasure to talk to. We recommend ARIK to everyone, all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th birthday dinnerhhutchhDined on 9/12/2013Four of us went to celebrate neighbour's 70th b'day. The small kitchen & dining area is in the back of a beautiful old stone home on the river with nice views of the river and a garden. The ambience is that of fine dining at your best friend's beautiful old home. We each had an appetizer, entrée and desert and all rated them exquisitely delicious. The portions were just right, leaving us pleasantly full in spite of having polished our plates clean. A great evening and a wonderful find for future occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLaurieDined on 9/6/2013Still talking about our dinner. Loved option for smaller portions! Everything we ate was delicious. Loved the atmosphere and service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like being in a chef's kitchenWimpyDined on 8/30/2013The dining area is at the back of an old stone house (now an inn). The dining area seats about 20, so it is very intimate. The food is prepared in the dining area - quietly, without fanfare. The tabletops are painted with "chalkboard paint" and we were provided with sidewalk chalk so we could decorate our table any way we liked. The food was amazing. I had the gnocchi with portobello mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, and slices of beef loin. I wanted more of their home baked bread. As an appetizer, we had the curried cauliflower (puréed) which was a surprising good dish - considering it is cauliflower. The menu is small, but caters to every taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacularcpdinersDined on 8/24/2013Everything about this restaurant exceeded our expectations. The food was a delight and the service was relaxed and friendly. The overall experience is one that we hope to repeat over and over in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!2foodiesDined on 8/17/2013The food was excellent and the relaxed ambience was lovely. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept and delicious foodFoodfanDined on 5/12/2013We enjoyed a delightful evening at the Almonte Riverside Kitchen. The service was excellent and it was great to see Trisha in her element, and to have her come and chat with us throughout the meal. The food was delish and beautifully presented; we will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife had two glasses ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013My wife had two glasses of house wine. I drank water. I had the soup. We both had the main course. We shared a cheese plate. Cost over $100.00 Ridiculous