Almond - Bridgehampton
One Ocean Road
Bridgehampton, NY 11932Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Almond - Bridgehampton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.almondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 537-5665
- Hours of Operation:
Friday 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jason Weiner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Room available for up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Lemonides or Lizz Mitrani 6315375665x
- Entertainment: Thank you for choosing Almond. Should your plans change, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you. Please call us at 631-537-5665 for parties of more than 8
A word from Almond - Bridgehampton
In 2001 Jason Weiner and Eric Lemonides opened Almond Restaurant offering reasonable prices, bold bistro fare and friendly service. The French bistro quickly became one of the top spots in the Hamptons for locals, celebrities and tourists. Chef Jason Weiner quickly established himself in the Hamptons as top toque and over the years has established a very strong commitment to using locally farmed products and local produce in order to support the local community. Fast-forward 10 years and the iconic Hamptons French bistro enters a new era in a new location in downtown Bridgehampton. Almond’s new home is a historic space with 100-year-old tin ceilings, hand carved bar, classic white subway tile and a splash of color with signature zebra wallpaper, from an eponymous Italian restaurant in Manhattan, Gino, which recently ended its 65-year tenure. The menu is comprised of many French bistro favorites such as traditional escargot, steamed black mussels and steak frites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Almond - Bridgehampton reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (38)hot spot (24)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Food with imagination & fresh ingredientsNJB1165Dined on 11/13/2014We visited on a quiet Thursday night. We have eaten here many times and I can say the food is consistently prepared with imagination, fresh ingredients, and terrific technique. Our main courses were also well prepared and imaginative. A warm roasted beet and radicchio salad with sherry vinaigrette was superb, The beef short ribs, the plat du jour, were incredibly tender and kept moist with a flavorful bordelaise sauce, served with fingerlings, shallots, and polenta. My partner had a miso sauced pumpkin ravioli that was well executed. I'm still dreaming about the dessert--a caramel flavored cake--hot--with creme fraiche ice cream. The staff was very personable and attentive. The wine list has many affordable choices by the glass. The restaurant is on main street in Bridgehampton so it lacks a view but the spacious interior is fresh in white, dark woods, and zebra printed red wallpaper. There is a large bar and lots of seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itDottieVIPDined on 11/8/2014I expected this to be a trendy and somewhat disappointing experience but was wrong. Went during restaurant week and the portions were reasonable and the food and service was excellent. I would go back.Special Features:
- Always perfect!!SavorsomeDined on 11/6/2014Always our favorite weekend spot. Lizz at the door and Steve behind the bar always treat us like gold. The Brussels sprouts salad is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but...newtofoodDined on 11/6/2014We went there for restaurant week and found that the menu on the website had changed. The manager was very nice and stated that she could make a substitution, as there were no vegetarian dishes on their new menu. However, the dish was strange (sweet potato ravioli in miso soup). Most importantly though, when we gave them the check, the waiter seemed confused. Clearly written on the check was how it was to be divided. Instead, it just split the amount evenly among each card. A bit annoying. SO overall, great management, but less than stellar service.Special Features:
- Great service makes for great mealsanchomamaDined on 11/6/2014Loved Almond - was a little disappointed in menu selections as what was on the online menu was not actually what was on the regular menu. Marc was a WONDERFUL server' attentive, knowledgable, sincere…I would come here again.Special Features:
- Going backJmm364Dined on 11/3/2014Came here for resturant week and will be returing again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jas1jas1Dined on 11/1/2014Very enjoyable meal. Dishes were well prepared, a little different. Tasty, and delicately flavored. Staff was very friendly and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShacntryDined on 10/28/2014From the ambiance, to the cocktails, to the service ,to the food, and the prix fixe, the meal at Almond was excellent.Special Features:
- Almond needs to quiet down...RosalindVIPDined on 10/17/2014The noise level is so loud that you have to scream to have the person next to you hear you and you have to keep saying "What" and everyone leaves the restaurant with sore throats. That's bad enough. But what's equally annoying is that the restaurant keeps changing the menu and adding unusual exotic dishes rather than ones that are appealing. The last two times I was there, the only 2 things that sounded appetizing were the hamburger and the chicken. For that I don't need to go to a restaurant.Special Features:
- Service1stTimerDined on 10/13/2014The floor staff worked in good unison, the food was well prepared and the air was accommodating. My server Nadine was brilliant; friendly and well acquainted with the menu. She also made my wedding proposal to my girlfriend even more exciting and memorably. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely evening as alwaysbarbEHVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food is delicious and the service is always reliable. We enjoy eating here and do so often.Special Features:
- Great eveningRobertDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful dining! Each plate whether appetizer, entree or dessert is well thought out. The portions are full and the menu is diversified. You can't go wrong for an enjoyable dining experience. Cheers to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but noisyMelsaysVIPDined on 9/23/2014We had a good meal here: goat cheese ravioli tasty, generous portion. Hamburger, simply broiled but tasty. Fries were crispy, more or less. One issue: the restaurant was only about 40% full, may be 50%. The noise level was surprising. Hardwood floors, tin ceiling, no tablecloths and piped in music. This is off-season. Can't help but wonder what it's like during full summer sister.Special Features:
- Locals favored.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014First time dining at this restaurant and noted customers known to restaurant staff received better table locations and service.
- Always incredible !HHIFoodieVIPDined on 9/17/2014Almond is a neighborhood gem in Bridgehampton with delicious food, warm surroundings and the service and staff are always top notch. Start with the Escargot and whatever else you choose to eat will be outstanding I'm sure. It is one of our favorites when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service...RCBTDined on 9/13/2014Saturday night Liz was most accommodating in switching our reservation from 2 to 4 people. Food was excellent, and service the very best. Our waitress Nadine, accommodated our every need in a most professional way. Our second visit definitely excites for our third!!Special Features:
- hatetocookVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good food and good service, but when the restaurant is filled, the noise makes it very difficult to have a conversation.
- Never varies, always very goodPeterVIPDined on 9/5/2014Between Bridge and NYC I eat at Almond 30 times a year. The food is fresh (try that Sagaponack Salad); the staples like Roast Chicken are great; the service at both spots is welcoming,Special Features:
- Always good! Always fun!yanxgyDined on 9/5/2014Food is great (try the Goat Cheese raviolis), Mussels are amazing! Service is always outstanding and friendly. And, Eric (co-owner) is wonderful and brings a contagious, happy vibe to Almond every night he's there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Good FunmoderngirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014What makes Almond a great place to dine; 2 reasons: First, the people who work there are friendly and competent. Liz who anawers the phone and works the front of the house is very friendly. She makes you want to eat there. Even when we got there and decided to eat at the bar she was cool with that. Summer, the bartender was also very friendly and took care of our dining and drinking needs. The next reason is the food which is really good and priced well given that this took place on Labor Day weekend. We were never rushed. You felt that they wanted you to enjoy your evening out and we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almond Al FresconjlinkVIPDined on 8/27/2014Although I had never dined outdoors (on the street) at Almond, my guests arrived first and selected an outdoor table. Turned out to be a great choice! The weather was perfect and much less noisy than indoors, where the windows are left open and it may have been warm. The service was less than attentive, however. We did order one appetizer after the others, which never arrived. A request for a change in a side dish due to dietary restrictions was not heeded, and since the waitress was MIA, the busser was asked but was clueless about the ingredients in what was sent in its place. Perhaps service is the downfall when dining outdoors, but it was a very pleasant choice on a gorgeous evening when the restaurant was so busy.Special Features:
- We love Almond!LuvtheterraceDined on 8/24/2014My favorite restaurant in the area is Almond...... because the owner and staff always make us feel welcome, make us feel they are glad we came there, take good care of us, and the food is delicisous too! Intersesting twists on familiar entrees and salads, yummy desserts, nice wine choices. When I go out for dinner, I go to Almond.Special Features:
- Fantastic HospitalityMaysfanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Eric the owner and his team are amazingly welcoming. Food is reliably excellent.Special Features:
- wonderful service and great foodcoopDined on 8/21/2014Our servers were just perfect. The striped bass amazing and the house salad as well as my companions salad with crisp onions on top was just the best. Also best cosmopolitan this summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almond delight!melodyskitchentableDined on 8/14/2014Service was impeccable...warm and friendly. Kitchen was flexible...food was yummy. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealbarbEHVIPDined on 8/14/2014And a warm welcome. It's worth coming, even in August.Special Features:
- Nuts About Almond-Bridgehampton!DiningnearandfarDined on 8/10/2014Had a great time and enjoyed wonderful food and expert service. Will not hesitate returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jason Weiner is a great chefguy11976VIPDined on 8/9/2014The roast lobster special was great. The tomatoes were special,but of course pricey as these tomatoes cost at least 4 or 5 dollars a pound.Special Features:
- Just what we needed!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Almond is a great find. The food is always outstanding. The menu is a little limited compared to some other restaurants in the Hamptons however the quality and presentation is outstanding! After a great day at the beach, dining outside at Almond was just perfect! Absolutely recommend to food lovers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very child friendlyTheatreFoodieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Almond manages to be kid-friendly without losing its adult charm. Everyone from hostess to wait staff were very kind and cooperative. The food was great as always.Special Features:
- The following 377 reviews are from the Almond - Bridgehampton reviews archive.
- robOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014way too loud and menu isn't up to par with selections...had the hamburger asked for medium rare and it came well done. plenty of other better places to go
- Love itluvitVIPDined on 7/8/2014One of our favorites Jason is a great chef and Fabian is cooking when Jason isn't there. Eric is going to give you a big smile when you walk in and if he isn't there Liz is around to seat you. she will make sure you will have a wonderful experience The menus is fantastic and a perfect place to bring friendsSpecial Features:
- MecoxDined on 7/1/2014Friendly Bridgehampton restaurant with unexpectedly delicious dishes ranging from a delectable pork Milanese to a well prepared poussin Tuesday night special. Muffle the din and better-trained busing staff and it would become a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro ChicCooks4UVIPDined on 6/21/2014Perfect French bistro fair. We have dinner at the Almond regularly though out the year and love dining in the summer when local vegetables and seafood are at their peak.The fabulous menu offers something for everyone including the family vegetarian. Everyone is greeted warmly and served with care. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual ... we were all pleasedLSDArtVIPDined on 6/21/2014The one problem, too much salt on the grilled calamari and fennel appetizer brought an apology and a new plate. The curried mussels were superb, the chicken liver pate "heavenly, try some," and the striped bass excellent, the pork chop enough for two, seared scallops over rhubarb chutney as sweet as they get.Special Features:
- Always a good meal at L.I. Almond .nangeecorpVIPDined on 6/21/2014I hadn't been to Almond this season and I was happy that the food was as good as it has always beenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidtinyfoodieDined on 6/20/2014I've been going to this restaurant since they opened. Eric is a wonderful host, he really knows how to treat his guests and make them feel special. Menu changes enough to be interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebras dancing and fun, good, foodAppoloniaVIPDined on 6/4/2014We ate late for the Hamptons in June, and were offered any table that suited us. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. Our New England clam chowder was just right, with a bit of spunky herbs, and our fish and chips really hot and tasty, reminding me, who is Canadian, of the best we got. Wine is most people's choice in the Hamptons, but I was served a delicious dirtt martini here. The decor is relaxed and fun. I like space between tables and they have that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2014very diverse crowd with good food and a frienly waitstaff...Special Features:
- Almond rocks!ManhattanVIPDined on 5/31/2014Not sure how Almond does it but every year this restaurant gets better and better... best front of the house desk in the Hamptons (yes, this is a casual place and yet they seem to understand that this is where the entire dining experience starts off on the right or wrong foot - why don't other restaurants get this?). Service was outstanding and food truly exceptional (the escargots are to die for - one of the best I've had, and I lived in France for 6 years!). We love Almond, a restaurant that gets it - kudos to the entire team, we'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.