Almond - Bridgehampton
One Ocean Road
Bridgehampton, NY 11932Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Almond - Bridgehampton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.almondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6315375665x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 5:30PM-10:00PM
Friday 5:30 PM to 11:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jason Weiner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Room available for up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Lemonides or Lizz Mitrani 6315375665x
- Entertainment: Thank you for choosing Almond. Should your plans change, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you. Please call us at 631-537-5665 for parties of more than 8
A word from Almond - Bridgehampton
In 2001 Jason Weiner and Eric Lemonides opened Almond Restaurant offering reasonable prices, bold bistro fare and friendly service. The French bistro quickly became one of the top spots in the Hamptons for locals, celebrities and tourists. Chef Jason Weiner quickly established himself in the Hamptons as top toque and over the years has established a very strong commitment to using locally farmed products and local produce in order to support the local community. Fast-forward 10 years and the iconic Hamptons French bistro enters a new era in a new location in downtown Bridgehampton. Almond’s new home is a historic space with 100-year-old tin ceilings, hand carved bar, classic white subway tile and a splash of color with signature zebra wallpaper, from an eponymous Italian restaurant in Manhattan, Gino, which recently ended its 65-year tenure. The menu is comprised of many French bistro favorites such as traditional escargot, steamed black mussels and steak frites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Almond - Bridgehampton reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (35)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (20)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (13)special occasion (11)romantic (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (6)Show More
- We love Almond!LuvtheterraceDined on 8/24/2014My favorite restaurant in the area is Almond...... because the owner and staff always make us feel welcome, make us feel they are glad we came there, take good care of us, and the food is delicisous too! Intersesting twists on familiar entrees and salads, yummy desserts, nice wine choices. When I go out for dinner, I go to Almond.Special Features:
- Fantastic HospitalityMaysfanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Eric the owner and his team are amazingly welcoming. Food is reliably excellent.Special Features:
- wonderful service and great foodcoopDined on 8/21/2014Our servers were just perfect. The striped bass amazing and the house salad as well as my companions salad with crisp onions on top was just the best. Also best cosmopolitan this summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almond delight!melodyskitchentableDined on 8/14/2014Service was impeccable...warm and friendly. Kitchen was flexible...food was yummy. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealbarbEHVIPDined on 8/14/2014And a warm welcome. It's worth coming, even in August.Special Features:
- Nuts About Almond-Bridgehampton!DiningnearandfarDined on 8/10/2014Had a great time and enjoyed wonderful food and expert service. Will not hesitate returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jason Weiner is a great chefguy11976VIPDined on 8/9/2014The roast lobster special was great. The tomatoes were special,but of course pricey as these tomatoes cost at least 4 or 5 dollars a pound.Special Features:
- Just what we needed!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Almond is a great find. The food is always outstanding. The menu is a little limited compared to some other restaurants in the Hamptons however the quality and presentation is outstanding! After a great day at the beach, dining outside at Almond was just perfect! Absolutely recommend to food lovers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very child friendlyTheatreFoodieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Almond manages to be kid-friendly without losing its adult charm. Everyone from hostess to wait staff were very kind and cooperative. The food was great as always.Special Features:
- robOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014way too loud and menu isn't up to par with selections...had the hamburger asked for medium rare and it came well done. plenty of other better places to go
- Love itluvitVIPDined on 7/8/2014One of our favorites Jason is a great chef and Fabian is cooking when Jason isn't there. Eric is going to give you a big smile when you walk in and if he isn't there Liz is around to seat you. she will make sure you will have a wonderful experience The menus is fantastic and a perfect place to bring friendsSpecial Features:
- MecoxDined on 7/1/2014Friendly Bridgehampton restaurant with unexpectedly delicious dishes ranging from a delectable pork Milanese to a well prepared poussin Tuesday night special. Muffle the din and better-trained busing staff and it would become a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro ChicCooks4UVIPDined on 6/21/2014Perfect French bistro fair. We have dinner at the Almond regularly though out the year and love dining in the summer when local vegetables and seafood are at their peak.The fabulous menu offers something for everyone including the family vegetarian. Everyone is greeted warmly and served with care. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual ... we were all pleasedLSDArtVIPDined on 6/21/2014The one problem, too much salt on the grilled calamari and fennel appetizer brought an apology and a new plate. The curried mussels were superb, the chicken liver pate "heavenly, try some," and the striped bass excellent, the pork chop enough for two, seared scallops over rhubarb chutney as sweet as they get.Special Features:
- Always a good meal at L.I. Almond .nangeecorpDined on 6/21/2014I hadn't been to Almond this season and I was happy that the food was as good as it has always beenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidtinyfoodieDined on 6/20/2014I've been going to this restaurant since they opened. Eric is a wonderful host, he really knows how to treat his guests and make them feel special. Menu changes enough to be interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebras dancing and fun, good, foodAppoloniaVIPDined on 6/4/2014We ate late for the Hamptons in June, and were offered any table that suited us. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. Our New England clam chowder was just right, with a bit of spunky herbs, and our fish and chips really hot and tasty, reminding me, who is Canadian, of the best we got. Wine is most people's choice in the Hamptons, but I was served a delicious dirtt martini here. The decor is relaxed and fun. I like space between tables and they have that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2014very diverse crowd with good food and a frienly waitstaff...Special Features:
- Almond rocks!ManhattanVIPDined on 5/31/2014Not sure how Almond does it but every year this restaurant gets better and better... best front of the house desk in the Hamptons (yes, this is a casual place and yet they seem to understand that this is where the entire dining experience starts off on the right or wrong foot - why don't other restaurants get this?). Service was outstanding and food truly exceptional (the escargots are to die for - one of the best I've had, and I lived in France for 6 years!). We love Almond, a restaurant that gets it - kudos to the entire team, we'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A keeperLoyalistVIPDined on 5/24/2014Finally, the restaurant space at 1 Ocean Road, Bridgehampton has a keeper, a restaurant worth returning to over and over. Hopefully it will thrive for decades to come. Great food and well-run by professionals. Welcoming and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Not super expensive, great atmosphere. Food was excellent, service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 5/10/2014Food was always use to be great at Almonds. But now it was was below average. The salmon was tasteless, the steak was pretty bad too the meat was low grade . 3 people in my group had it and nobody liked it. We would not go back They should get the old chef back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemFoodieForSureDined on 5/6/2014Food and wine selection were great, thought our server was a tiny bit snotty but she probably deals with too many snotty rich people. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantSagHarborAliceVIPDined on 5/5/2014Almond is welcoming,chef is innovative, service is good. The brussel sprouts are amazing as is arugula and shaved baby artichoke salad. Recently a fig, prosciutto and blue cheese starter.Special Features:
- Reliably good and welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014the fresh, well prepared bistro food is always good, the portions are huge, the service is always friendly and efficient, the ambience is friendly and homey, and the prices are amongst the more reasonable for the East End. In particular, the mussels, the hot and cold brussell sprouts and toffee date cake are all to die for - Almond, Bridgehampton is a winner!Special Features:
- As usual ... we were all pleasedLSDArtVIPDined on 5/2/2014Mussels and Beet salad were particularly noteworthy. We all had the Prix Fixe this time. Chicken, salmon, hanger steak ... generous portions, well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 360 reviews are from the Almond - Bridgehampton reviews archive.
- Excellent food!LTCNYCDined on 4/19/2014We dined here for the first time and was surprised at the level of skill that went into preparing our meal. We had the Bass and it was perfect! Hands down the best food I've had in Bridgehampton or any other part of the hamptons for that matter. I cannot wait to return. Our server was so helpful and professional too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent beet salad withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2014excellent beet salad with crostini with creme fraiche, excellent arugala and shaved artichoke salad, excellent braised short ribs in beet sauce with salsify!!!!! all innovative, interesting, well prepared and presentedSpecial Features:
- First time visit.ConsistentVIPDined on 3/28/2014I expected a restaurant with a complicated, eclectic menu and what I found was a super-friendly, energetic place with delicious, yet simple food. Often times Restaurant Week is not the best time to rate a restaurant, but these guys pulled it off flawlessly. Three of us had specials (I had the chicken which was great) while my sons split a porterhouse. We ended the night with three excellent desserts, my favorite being the date cake ... or was it the Hawaiian bread pudding. Both owners were busy very visible - visiting and helping guests throughout our meal. Eric in particular was very welcoming and warm. Definitely a place to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owner and staff "bentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014The owner and staff "bent over" backwards to make our night a special Occasion. Many times eating here and have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better and betterAMKoVIPDined on 3/10/2014The menu has changed again, with a number of exciting additions. But don't overlook the great standards - - there are no better shrimp in the country, for example.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come in from the ColdCooks4UVIPDined on 3/10/2014We always enjoy the warm and welcoming atmosphere and menu at the Almond. The menu offers something for everyone and Meatless Monday gives our vegetarian diner delicious choices. The bartender will expertly craft your favorite cocktail. We all look forward to the fresh local and seasonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day TreatTerryandKate98Dined on 2/14/2014Went for the special menu on Valentine's Day. There were two choices for each of three courses We ordered one of each and shared. All plates showed a great attention to detail and were a delicious mix of ingredients. It was topped off with a shared desert that completed the dinner perfectly. We have been there before for special menu meals and have had the same experience. Would definitely go back and recommend Almond to others.Special Features:
- Let down.MiteeaDined on 2/8/2014After all of the reviews on the food and service I was expecting great things. We arrived for our table and waited 5 minutes to be greeted even though the restaurant was nowhere near busy. After being seated to a wobbly table we were quickly offered water and after being asked the busperson fixed the table. Our waiter came by and just started talking at us. He had not even introduced himself the only way I knew his name was from the check. After taking our order we never saw him again. Our plates weren't cleared from the table until we requested it, roughly 20 minutes after we completed the meal. The only saving grace was the hostess comping our digestifs. But all in all a let down.
- Great place for a winter dinnerRickVIPDined on 2/7/2014Almond is a long time favorite of us, and never disappoints. They have brought back their "winter salad" which is our favorite. The winter salad has roast squash, duck confit, dried cranberries and topped with a poached egg. We started with steamed mussels and each had a salad for dinner. More than enough. There is a reason we keep coming back.Special Features:
- Half good, half notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014My mussels were terrific, but my dining partner's turkey burger was not as well done as turkey should be. She could not eat it once she saw the too pink center. Later she reported heartburn. The service was slow but friendly. We will give it one more try. Maybe the kitchen was having an off-night.Special Features:
- Moday in WinterAMKoVIPDined on 1/20/2014The place isn't exactly jumping on a very very cold Monday in January, but the feeling inside is warm and welcoming and the food just gets better and better. A half order of the lamb shank ragu on pappardella, followed by the pork chop Milanese with cauliflower or the best crab cakes you can imagine . . . perfection, with a nice Sancerre (by the glass). They have a "meatless Mondays" prix fixe, but there is too much on the menu that isn't meatless to tempt me to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the service is fantastic,TknycVIPDined on 1/18/2014Although the service is fantastic, the atmosphere and drinks are great, but unfortunately the food here is mediocre. They try too hard with the food and as a foodie I do not think it's executed well.
- Great eveningJb3123Dined on 1/18/2014When we got there, the place was packed and our table wasn't ready. The Hostess was quite friendly and trying to be nice. We were a group of six. Ended up not waiting that long. Food was excellent....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlmondJeffVIPDined on 1/17/2014it is always great, the food, the service and the greetings. The prix fix is the best value on the East End. Always feel welcome there. We love it!Special Features: