24 East 21st Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://almayassnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124733100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday to Sunday 12:00 PM Last Order 3:00 PM
Dinner: Monday to Wednesday and Sunday 5:30 PM Last Order 10:30 PM
Dinner: Thursday to Saturday 5:30 PM Last Order 11:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Almayass
"There is no sincerer love than the love of food"Continued
The essence of Almayass is best described
"...when the hanging leaves dance to the rhythm of delicate breeze."
The essence of Almayass is best described
"...when the hanging leaves dance to the rhythm of delicate breeze."
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Almayass - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
Almayass reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)good for groups (59)special occasion (59)neighborhood gem (53)romantic (45)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Vegetarian optionsLT11VIPDined on 8/30/2014I loved the vegetarian options on the menu. As a vegetarian, it was quite exciting to see how much they offered! Other than that, I thought the cocktails were intriguing but after getting mine, i was very disappointed. It was all ice, and what was left included very little alcohol. For the price, it was not worth it at all. I also thought the pita bread on the table was quite dry. yukk.
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014we were greeted in a very cordial and warm way by the owner and the serving staff. The staff is very knowledgeable about the lebanese food. We had kebabs, hummus, fatush and hummus. We also had the mantee which was outstanding. don't leave without trying the pistachio dessert which was out of this world. We had the noor cocktail which was also very well made. we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just wonderfulRefinedGentlemanVIPDined on 8/30/2014If you are a fan of Armenian and Lebanese food, you are in for a treat. Unlike so many Middle Eastern spots that are brown and too old country, Almayass was sophisticated, engaging, professional yet authentic. I took my family there for a birthday dinner; our check for four was about $200 with tip (no alcohol) for five appetizers, a mixed-grill kebab and chop entree we shared among us and a delightful dessert. I would go again for a special occasion but it might be pricey for an ordinary night out.Special Features:
- Amazing food!RadDocVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food was exquisite and the service was top notch. We went to this restaurant with a vegetarian couple and we all found ample amount of delicious vegetarian and non vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely restaurantgrandmaVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with delicious middle eastern food.Special Features:
- Ambience and Great CuisineVICKYIIIDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed the special cuisine, beautifully served and presented. The staff was accommodating and filled all our special requests. The variety of ways the vegetables were served in Lebanese/Armenian style was the highlight of our luncheon as were the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debbie6754VIPDined on 8/9/2014We went to this place because a had a coupon from Blackboard Eats. We were pleasantly surprised. What a nice place. High end. Great staff. Interesting food.Special Features:
- AmazingScotieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food and atmosphere. Very attentive to customer without being annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014I took my girlfriend to the restaurant on her birthday and she fell in love with everything Almayass has to offer!!! The decor, the server, the cook, the manager!!! They sang her happy birthday and handed her a birthday card... im sure they don't do that for everyone but they definitely made her night special. Outside of the service, we ate the best (no exaggeration) Lebanese outside of my girlfriend's mothers kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencematasanoDined on 8/1/2014We have been there many times. The food is excellent, middle eastern fusion. The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. Highly recommended it.
- Excellent foodSamoDined on 7/31/2014AlMayass is a great place to dine at ,excellent food and service friendly and attentive staffSpecial Features:
- Exceptional service & amazing foodAnArmenianGemDined on 7/29/2014This is a gem of a restaurant. The exquisitely prepared food balances modern cuisine and old-world recipes. Some dishes remind me of my grandmother's cooking. The variety of wines, arak and full bar menu compliment the meals beautifully. Along with the complex flavors and wonderfully prepared dishes, comes exceptional service. The staff is friendly, very attentive and always ready to assist in any way they can; all led by a remarkable manager, Mario. A great place for intimate dinners, a family affair or a group outing. Don't miss this place if you're visiting NYC, and if you're a local, mark it as one of your favorite spots in town.Special Features:
- Lebanese Armenian food at its bestArturVIPDined on 7/29/2014Its not only the food but the whole experience: the staff, the cleanliness and the setting all contribute to this exceptional placeSpecial Features:
- A magical eveningDuncanHVIPDined on 7/27/2014Everything about Almayass was wonderful. We had a special family dinner for a table of six and it was a magical evening. This is genuinely authentic Lebanese food at its finest. The setting is enchanting and the service is exemplary. The wine list is excellent and do not be afraid to try the Lebanese wines. Ask your waiter for advice in selecting a Lebanese wine. Our waiter was attentive and charming. We followed his suggestions and liked everything. To cap off a wonderful evening, order the angel hair-like spun sugar desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seeking ArmenianRalphDined on 7/26/2014We were looking for Armenian fare before our daughter goes to Armenia on an assignment. The menu had numerous Armenian specialties and waiter was very helpful with recommendations from cold and hot meze through entrees. Family style facilitated experimentation of dishes. The food was fairly priced but the wines were a bit pricy. A large group swept in as were finishing and consumed the wait staff and raised the decibel level considerably. Sit toward the front to avoid the larger groups. Altogether an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lebanese FoodFoodingCountessDined on 7/25/2014This is the second time for our family at this restaurant, within a month. We were impressed with the ambiance and decor. So well done, you won't realize that there are no windows! The service is excellent. Very professional and accommodating. The menu gives you a wide range of middle eastern appetizers. We tried many of our favorites and were pleasantly surprised. One or two misses - but we gave our host our opinion and it was graciously received. The food is fresh and tasty and for those of us familiar with the the region and have had our grandmothers' cooking it comes close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almayass is Flatiron FindfussyfoodieDined on 7/24/2014A real find this Flatiron oasis offers delicious and authentic dishes at reasonable prices. The service is gracious and attentive and the atmosphere serene despite capacity crowds. A generous offering of small dishes provide a plethora of culinary delights. Don't overlook the Lebanese wines.Special Features:
- Mumpers1VIPDined on 7/23/2014The evening we were there the restaurant was packed with large parties of 6 and more. They seemed overly stressed and although servers were pleasant the service was extremely slow and broken up. Food was just so-so. Strangely it was only a weds night. I couldn't tell if problem was in kitchen or front of house but our experience was nothing like previous reviews. I also found the lighting very bright . We were there at 8 pmSpecial Features:
- FolgieDined on 7/21/2014The staff is very attentive but not intrusive. Restaurant has a nice decor. It is quiet and spacious. Food is very tasty and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LebaneseJLJoVIPDined on 7/17/2014The manager , Mario , runs a very smooth , attentive ,well conceived , Lebanese restaurant operation ! The dishes use the best sourced , freshest ingredients and burst forth with perfectly spiced , very representative Mediterranean flavors . From mezes to entrees to a fun wine list that included great Lenanese choices to desserts , we constantly , pleasantly surprised !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LFinleyDined on 7/15/2014I immensely enjoyed eating here. As a gluten free/dairy free diner, it can be hard to find restaurants who are educated and open to fulfilling my dietary needs. Almayass had gluten free bread so that I could eat the spreads, and our waiter pointed out the different menu options that fit my needs. Outside of their amazing service, their food was delicious and the restaurant is beautiful. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SpotRMukh1977VIPDined on 7/15/2014Loved everything about this place... hospitality, food, great wine selection, friendliness of the servers and the owners. Left a great impression and I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elsinnycDined on 7/14/2014We have been to this restaurant restaurant many times, and every time it is delicious and the service warm and attentive. Our current NYC favorite.Special Features:
- unbelievable experienceBerjluvsgreatfood18VIPDined on 7/12/2014This must be at least my 25th time at Almayaas and every time it gets better. all my friends and family have also been impressed of the fine cuisine. I recommend every dish on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible experiencesuriDined on 7/12/2014we went on a Saturday night when there was a wedding in the lounge and the dining room was packed. my friend was on a strict diet and had to ask for several things off the menu. the staff and kitchen were very accommodating and did not miss a beat with getting all of out food out with exact specifications. one of the bus boys ran out to buy gluten-free bread for our table! as for the flavor, everything was delicious, especially the mashed beet dip and the manti dish. we sat for four hours and they didn't tell us to move an inch. we felt like we were in a five-star restaurant and simultaneously in someone's living room. highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZahavaDined on 7/7/2014I have been here several times and never disappointed. The ambience is lovely and service is impeccable. The food is absolutely delicious! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- majike1Dined on 7/5/2014great for meditarreneun food. waiter helpful in recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lebanese/Middle EasternDannyDined on 7/5/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant. Pretty much let the waiter pick our courses and we loved everything!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Everything was just perfect!! Mario made a personal effort to make sure we were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasisKatrielVIPDined on 7/1/2014A spacious, cool (but not overly air conditioned), airy room, with gracious service, and actually be able to hear each other! I opted for the lunch special --excellent value--which was twice the amount I could eat (doggie bag provided). I appreciated their rendering of spinach manta--little dumplings--and hot yogurt soup (very hard to make, I've tried). Many vegetarian options. My partner had the a la carte branzino. It was a plain grilled piece of fish, albeit w/ a tangy tachina-based sauce on the side and a couple of grilled carrots--this dish needs to be rethought in order to showcase the cuisine of the region. His baklava--enough for three people--was terribly dry. I had the refreshing rose sorbet.Special Features:
- A real nice gemDomingoVIPDined on 6/29/2014Almayass is a very impressive restaurant, it serves very good food and amazing cocktails, the service is attentive, courteous and spot on. a very nice place to dine either as a couple or as a group.Special Features:
- Excellent Lebanese foodfoodiefanVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food at Almayass is very tasty. The service is also excellent, and you could converse here without raising your voice (reasonably quiet though plenty of patrons). We had a delightful time savoring the food. We ventured down from midtown for dinner and were pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Standby!LaurenVIPDined on 6/26/2014We love this restaurant, great neighborhood standby with great food and great service. We more than overstayed our welcome and they were extremely polite, let us sit for a while and even served us two more servings of cherries! Great touch. We love this place!Special Features:
- if you love food - that's the placelookNcookVIPDined on 6/24/2014everything is outstanding from the color schema that pleases your eyes (including waiters uniform) till the last bite and sipSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/20/2014This place is consistently excellent. I have been here several times and each time it delivers flawlessly. Food is excellent, service is helpful and friendly, everything exceeds expectations. It has become a go-to place for me to go out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome findfirenzeDined on 6/20/2014This is an awesome restaurant. The food is very good quality and well presented. The staff are very attentive , very co-operative and great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing.KatherineDined on 6/19/2014The entire dinner from start to fish was nothing short of amazing. The initial greeting at the entrance was welcoming. The moment we sat down our waitor (roy?) was attentive. His recommendations were endless. The eggplant spread and sausage hummus were delicious followed by the meat stuffed ravioli. For dinner we had the beef kebab. Everything was amazing. I cannot speak enough about how delicious and great this place was. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehfiktoDined on 6/16/2014Very average food and overall experience. Dishes did not seem authentic. Dining room lighting was too bright. The separate bar area was the best part of this place.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencealexlbVIPDined on 6/13/2014Organized dinner for my girlfriend and her friends here. Food was excellent and service was perfect.Special Features:
- Best kept secret tip in NYCdbonkDined on 6/13/2014Thanks so much, making our wedding Dinner so special. Incredible friendly service, very familiar and highest attention on the guests. The food is fantastic!!! We will definitely come back. Thanks GM Mario und your unbelievable team . Love Simone&Dieter, Manuela&VolkerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.