700 S. Almansor Court
Alhambra, CA 91801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.almansorcourt.com/
- Phone: 6265704600
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Albert Doon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Almansor Court
Almansor Court, overlooking Alhambra Lake and Golf Course, is a conveniently located Brunch, Banquet and Conference Center. Definitely a Los Angeles favorite for any social or conference event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Almansor Court - Best Restaurants in Alhambra ›
Almansor Court reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (12)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- The Best in the Valleybrunch4allDined on 8/17/2014This is the best place for Sunday Brunch. Gary, manager is the BEST !! He is friendly and cares about ALL the guest. Never had a better experience with the "boss". Love all the servers...Hugo is my favorite, but they all are wonderful. The back up staff to the servers are wonderful. Thank you Gary for your wonderful staff. Oh can't forget the hostess, they are really good under the pressure, always have a smile no matter what. Thank you!Special Features:
- Busy but food not greatJim949VIPDined on 7/20/2014The place was hopping for Sunday brunch, but the food was not great. The clams were smelly, no prepared eggs - only an omelet station - bread & butter we found later on the dessert station. Bacon and sausage overcooked and dry. Salad dressing only ranch or Italian. Many dishes not refilled often when they ran out. Would not return.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchGingerbunVIPDined on 7/6/2014they have good variety of food, but the taste was just fair. The server is great and they are very generous with the mimosa and OJ. I am not crazy about the dinning set up. Inside was too dark for a weekend brunch.Special Features:
- One of the best Champagne BrunchesRubinoDined on 7/6/2014Great place for Sunday Champagne Brunch, a great variety of good food, pleasant atmosphere and impeccable service. Come early the flowing Champagne never stops. Rubino B.Special Features:
- Our Brunch at Almansor CourtkagemushaDined on 7/6/2014We were seated within ten minutes of checking in. We were greeted by our waitress and upon returning with our first plate of food we had pitchers of orange juice and water with a cold bottle of champagne. Our used plates wrellere quickly taken away and the sodas kept coming. It was a good Sunday brunch for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch a bunch with a bunchbrunchhuntersDined on 7/6/2014Brunch was great, a lot of varieties. Service was excellent. Sitting outside was fun, but it was hot after awhile.... but it didn't stop us to enjoy our company and food. They honored the coupon without any problems. Bill came out so cheap. We all are happy and we posted our pictures on Facebook. Hopefully others will try it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch spotd2crawfoDined on 6/22/2014Nice to sit on the patio, overlooking the golf course to enjoy a nice Sunday brunch. The bottomless champagne is a nice added touch. The desserts have markedly improved since the first time my wife and I came here just about 2 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 60 reviews are from the Almansor Court reviews archive.
- Quantity over QualityLauraDined on 6/15/2014We went here for their special Father's day brunch and while I was impressed with the shear volume of choices in the food I found very little of it particularly inspiring. With a few exceptions, such as the cheese blitzes and baked salmon, the spread reminded me of my college dorm cafeteria. The omelette station was impressive but I do not think this place was worth the $32 they charged per person for the special brunch. On top of it the place was overcrowded, noisy, and the service was not really that great either. I've been to alot of brunches for Father's day and we will not be back to this one. However, for anyone with children I would recommend it because it is guaranteed they will find something that they like from the rooms of food.Special Features:
- Great Customer ServiceLadyDined on 6/15/2014for 32 years we went to Charlie Brown's for our family special events. I did a lot of research to replace our favorite restaurant that closed their doors. I picked your restaurant hoping to please my family. Our first Visit was on Easter, my family like it and we invited friends for Mothers Day, Father's day and 2 Birthdays, we took groups of 10. Arturo our waiter is awesome. It is Amazing when your family is enjoying a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P&POpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The set up for the most part was ok with the exception of that one section where most of the main foods were. There wasnt enough space for people to get thru to their side of the restaurant. We actually went thru the servers area, which was clear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchTooMuchInTooLittleTimeDined on 6/15/2014I enjoyed the quick access to food and back to the table. I thought the prime rib was very good. I enjoyed the sushi rolls. The seasoned potatoes were warm/cold. The same was true of the following: Asian roll, refried beans, enchilada, and rice. The menudo soup was not appetizing. I enjoyed the desert table and the freezer with ice cream. I thought the refills of champagne and coffee were slow in coming. I might suggest more sea food and hispanic food varieties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeleberteFrannyDined on 6/1/2014Lupe made our lunch very enjoyable. She was very helpful. It was a 78 birthday and we all had fun at your place. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice environment but not foodewangDined on 5/11/2014Came for Mother's Day brunch, but from other reviews, I assume they serve virtually the same things for any brunch. Great environment, the right dining hall overlooks the lake/pond that's outside. The lake/pond is filled with ducks and baby turtles. Food overall was mediocre, good selection for brunch but the taste/quality of food was barely passable. Unlimited champagne/mimosas along with drinks. Overall not horrible but just know that you're coming here for the ambiance and not food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Alston-Browns Mother' DayFreddieDined on 5/11/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the Mother's Day Brunch! Our previous visits were for planned luncheons by a group. We had a table for four and it was not known to any staff that the four represented four (4) generations, the youngest being 10 years old! There was something special for all our taste. I the eldest at 85 enjoyed things I did not dare serve at home, and the youngest having a ball enjoying all her favorite foods. The two in between (also female) were well pleased with everything, especially the wait staff. Your Waiter's and Host are exemplary employees. Thank you for making three mothers enjoy their day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh-thers Day BrunchbobmelrosefoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2014Past years this brunch seemed more Norwegian Cruise level Brunch Buffet, but now it feels more Carnival Cruise 2 for 1.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall it was a good choiceRuhRohDined on 5/11/2014The set up for the buffet was really scattered so do a walk through before you pick up a plate. The choices are pretty varied but you find things in corners and in weird places but the food is plentiful. The other brunchers act like they just got off a prison ship and lack any manners so be prepared for a grab and growl atmosphere. The waiters are in short supply but really try hard so do tip for a good service.Special Features:
- Only cuz its Mother's DayfoodforthoughtDined on 5/11/2014It was your typical brunch set up. Omelet station, carving station, waffle bar, hot entress, salads, desserts. But it wasn't anything worth writing home about. And especially at the price of $33.95 per person. It was way too crowded. I use a walker and even though people and staff were very kind and moved their chairs out of my way, it was very difficult to get around. And I wasn't the only person there with a walker or wheelchair. It was an all you can eat buffet, you serve yourself, yet their "recommended" tip was 18%! They include it on their bill so if you want to change it, you have to rewrite the bill. I think that is in very bad taste. All their workers there were very nice and tried to help you out as much as possible.
- Never Going AgainFoodloverDined on 5/11/2014Never gave us our drinks when we sat down. Got very thirsty. Had to ask twice to bring drinks. Waiters could not not figure out who was responsible for our table. Food not very tasty. Only liked my waffle and sausage. Over priced for service and food provided. Food lines too long. Kept running out of certain foods. Some brunch items over cooked and hard to chew. Under cooked rice. Gave a very low tip. Can't believe I paid 83.00 for nasty food.
- Perfectpedrov05Dined on 5/11/2014It was the perfect venue for our mother's day celebration. Beautiful setting and children friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Nice Mother's Day I Had!HappyDined on 5/11/2014Much better than last time. The variety was great. The waiters were very tentative. The food was plentiful. I would definitely recommend you give it a try for your next Holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ample food not enough staffKlsarrealDined on 5/4/2014Food was hot and fresh but there were not enough servers nor wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for birthday celebrationGreatBrunchDined on 4/27/2014After searching the internet for a nice Sunday Brunch, I found most of them were either very experience or a hole in the wall places. Almansor Court's price is reasonable. The food was great with a lot of choices, and the service was great. My family celebrated my son's birthday there for a Sunday Brunch. We had a great time and everyone was pleased with the choice. Highly recommended and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I love your brunches! I've been three times ( twice for Thanksgiving and once for Easter). The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is great! Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch 2014christiki295Dined on 4/20/2014The brunch featured separate buffets which corresponded to each banquet room. Think of a conference room with walls of windows, overlooking the Alhambra golf-course. There was the basic brunch fare, with unexpected items like Lumpia and ribs. I wish I was not wearing a linen suit, as I really wanted to have at the ribs. The Easter Bunny made an appearance and the Champange (California sparkling) never stopped flowing. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Although it was Easter Sunday brunch, I expected more. I have been there for Eater brunch several times in the past & it was what I expected, busy, noisy but the food was decent. This year the food was disappointing. There was no sushi, as advertised, and the choices of meats were downgraded with the exception of the seafood. As food ran low or out, it was not replenished & this was at 11:00am, not near the closing time. There was nothing special for Easter. The deserts were not even up to par with what is on their regular Sunday brunch. This will probably be the last time I go for Easter brunch. For the price, I can find many other choice for good food.
- Easter BrunchPattiartDined on 4/20/2014My family and I frequent Almansor Court about 6 times a year and we have never been disappointed. We always sit on the patio overlooking the putting green. The waiter remembers us and gives us excellent service. The freshly made omlettes are delicious and we enjoy the wide variety of other food choices.Special Features:
- Poor quality and too expensivedinerDined on 4/20/2014The food choices for a brunch did not include pancakes and the carving station only had one meat choice, The salads choices were fine. The Mexican food dishes lacked freshness and did not have chorizo or any fajitas or carne asada or carnitas. There was not a taco bar which featured sides for tacos such as tomatoes or cheese. I feel the price did not meet the quality or the selection of food items available. Only positive is the dessert bar had many choices.Special Features:
- Great BrunchbuffetbrendaDined on 4/20/2014I like the relaxed feel of this place - sitting in any of the dining rooms you have a wonderful view of the lush green golf course outside. I love having the option of eating food from different cultures during the same meal. They had an omelette bar, sliced meat station, Belgian waffle station and a room full of hot items from mashed potatoes, lumpia, beef ribs, pork ribs, bacon, sausage, cheese blintz, fish, biscuits and gravy. Of course their were several kinds of salad and many seafood items to choose from. Delicious! Couldn't find one bad thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchMcClainbunchDined on 4/20/2014This is our 3rd year at Almansor Court for Easter Brunch. We added two more people and had a great time. All the foodies love the choices.Special Features:
- wonderful food and service1fdlvrDined on 4/13/2014The service was outstanding, it was as if the servers could read your mind and were right there with what was on your mind. The food was delicious, the selection was great featuring many ethnic foods to satisfy everyone. The entire staff was attentive and helpful. It was a very pleasant Sunday brunch. I would now like to try it for a romantic night out to see what the evening menu offers. Thank you for a delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014My party and I attended Sunday Brunch, which was amazing! The only thing that made this experience bad was we were charged for an extra person, then when we notified the server she proceeded to argue that indeed an 11th person had been in attendance. We literally had to show her our picture and count the participants of our party. Once that was settled she then asked for her tip! Everyone in the party has left a tip but she argued that she had to share the tip with 2 bus boys and a hostess! This was the only bad thing otherwise Almansor Court is great, but the waitress Guadalupe needs more training on how what appropriate and inappropriate when being of service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!3badboysmomDined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed the food and the service was excellent! Ask for Lupe, she was very attentive and sweet.Special Features:
- Great Food but NoisyLikefoooodDined on 2/2/2014My first time at Almansor Court. The buffect is huge with lots of variety and great tasting food. The service fantastic- friendly, very quick to clear plates and readily available to refresh your drink. The only negative I found was being seated by a door that slammed each time someone opened it. This door led to covered outside patio seating and was extremely annoying. Plus the cold wind coming through the door at each opening did not help. Next time I will not sit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almansor CpurtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014A great place to spend a couple of hours having your champagne brunch. Food is good atmosphere is good ask for Guadalupe Bay for your server she is Wonderful at taking care of you. If you're having a celebration they have been put rooms available. Overall this place gets a thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchVonnieDined on 12/15/2013Great food, awesome service and perfect for celebrations! We have gone to tons of different Sunday brunches for birthday celebrations but always migrate back to Almansor Court. The atmosphere is great and they keep the champagne flowing! I would definitely recommend this place for celebrations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I haven't been to AlmansorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/1/2013I haven't been to Almansor Court brunch in years. I was so excited because I used to love it. The food was mediocre at best and the service was ok but you have to pour your own drinks from a pitcher they leave at the table. The table was wobbly and any time you cut your food someone else's coffee would spill. I have been to way nicer brunches where the food is great and a lot less expensive. I am sad to say that I will never go back again.
- Great Thanksgiving BrunchduckDined on 11/28/2013Great place to go for the whole family for Thanksgiving. Incredible variety. Plenty of high end items like crab legs and prime rib in addition to turkey and the fixings. Excellent service.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingPjalhambraDined on 11/28/2013The waiters were not very good, they didn't know what was going on. They told me that i could not get champagne, but others were getting it. Then i complained at the bar and a supervisor got us champagne. Then they delivered the champagne without glasses... They wouldn't split our bill, as we were a large party and wanted to separate the bill into 3 groups of 5..That should be allowed.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch at Almansor CourtkagemushaDined on 11/10/2013As always, the dining experience was great. The selection and quality of food are rated #1. The service is always quick and you get what you want. Almansor Court for a Sunday Brunch is a welcome treat...you can choose to eat inside, on the covered patio or on the deck and enjoy the sunlight and the view of the golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- champane brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013Everything was great after and before the mamosasaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.