22 Shipyard Drive
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.almanovehingham.com/
- Phone: 7817493353x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday Lunch 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Thursday Dinner 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Sunday All Day - 12:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Paul Wahlberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Any special notes for the Maitre D' should be left in the reservations details section of your online reservation. We ask that you also contact the restaurant to confirm these requests as soon as possible.
FOR ALL CAKE ORDERS: Please call the restaurant directly to place all cake order requests; unfortunately, online requests cannot be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation.
A word from Alma Nove
Paul Wahlberg presents Alma Nove, a stylish and contemporary restaurant and bar offering classic Italian cuisine amid the bountiful flavors of the surrounding Mediterranean. Located in the historic Hingham Shipyard steps from the beautiful shoreline of Hingham Bay, guests can enjoy a scenic view whether they dine inside with panoramic floor to ceiling windows or on the patio furnished with lounge furniture and a fire pit. The wine list at Alma Nove is approachable, affordable and fun, very similar to the menu.Continued
Please Note: All Outdoor Seating Is Done On A First Come, First Serve Basis.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Alma Nove - Best Restaurants in Hingham ›
Alma Nove reviews from OpenTable diners
380 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (278)special occasion (270)great for outdoor dining (232)fit for foodies (186)romantic (186)great for lunch (125)hot spot (116)neighborhood gem (104)notable wine list (100)good for groups (88)vibrant bar scene (79)great for brunch (49)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (24)Show More
- Another fabulous timeka3125Dined on 9/20/2014We returned to Alma Nove to take our 8 year old on his "first fancy meal". The staff was courteous (our server, Amanda was great!) and prompt. Our meal wasn't rushed after our appetizers which we lived. My son and I are gluten free and the rolls as well as all of our meals were fabulous! The gluten free menu had a lot of options. We plan on being "regulars" here due to the great service, fine food and ambiance. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I spent our 12th wedding anniversary there for lunch. We enjoyed our lunch very much not only because of the food but our server was wonderful. And the atmosphere on the deck was breathtaking. Overall we were very impressed. Thank you for making our anniversary special.Special Features:
- Awesome and humbleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The food, service, staff was awesome, paul wahlburg was very humble at the sucess of his business. Took pictures with us was a good experience fir all. Would recommended to the everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home cooked mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The place was very fancy so I thought we would get the normal fancy small plate of food... But not here the food is amazing it's like your Italian grandma cooked for you at home. The amount of food leaves you full! The pricey are high, but worth it once in a whole to have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alyjDined on 9/17/2014Paul must not have been cooking that night because the food and drinks were absolutely disgusting.Special Features:
- Solid, every timeElizabouVIPDined on 9/15/2014This is our go-to place for a celebration or special occasion. The food is ALWAYS good and for whatever reason we always act surprised at how good it is. Seriously delicious. Great date night, great view, amazing food and love the Solstice martini! I wish we could go here more often, we would if it was more affordable...but whenever we leave we both agree that it was worth it.Special Features:
- Great placeJack44Dined on 9/14/2014A little pricey and they could use better table tops, under the tablecloth was plane plywood, but great food and service will be back for shure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good, but none of our four meals were anything special. Usually when we dine, at least one of us is raving about their meal.
- paul's a genius!romanDined on 9/13/2014even if what you want isn't on the menu, paul wahlburg and his team will make it happen. inside and outside is gorgeous, beautiful stonework, especially the outdoor stone fire pit overlooking the marina. the freshest fish and the freshest ideas to make anyone salivate for more! Katherine was our server...outstanding from knowledge of menu to a sweet, yet professional persona. hope to dine w/her again SOON!Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchOceanDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went there for a late lunch, since we couldn't get a dinner reservation because they were booked solid, to celebrate our 33 years anniversary. Our server was Isabel and I just happened to mentioned to her when we first arrived that it was our first time there and we were celebrating our anniversary, she congratulated us and when about her job, which by the way she was very good at, took the time to explain all the dishes to us and make recommendations. At the end of our dinner she came out with a piece of chocolate cake with a candle as a complimentary for our celebration which caught us by surprise that she actually paid attention to that detail. The food was very good we enjoyed it very much. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabmDined on 9/11/2014We have dined at alma nove quite a few times before and have always had a great experience, this time it was not good, the calamari was way to over cooked and the cod tasted like it had gone off!!! I've had these 2 dishes before and loved them, our server was quite ignorant at the beginning of the night but became nicer as the night went on, she also disappeared for long periods!
- Great foodDiningdivaDined on 9/11/2014Interesting menu-nice atmosphere- great service.We had a table by the window to view sunset on the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLovetoeat49Dined on 9/11/2014The restaurant is situated on the water, great view. The food was sumptuous. The waitstaff was very accommodating. We meet for lunch and had a great time. If you are in the vicinity do not miss, it is a gem!Special Features:
- special2meDined on 9/10/2014We went on a Wednesday night , not over crowed Great food I had the Salmon and Lobster Mashed Potatoes excellent, defiantly will go back again. Service was good.Special Features:
- A-MazingDatenightVIPDined on 9/10/2014Food was perfect as well as the service. You will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful location!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful evening and a lovely dinner with friends at this restaurant's great location in Hingham. The food and drinks were quite satisfactory, although I had expected more from the restaurant. This was my first time dining at Alma Nove and there was nothing at our table that I found to be outstanding (although the apps, salads, entrees and desserts were all quite good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMuskyDined on 9/9/2014This is our 3rd visit to Alma Nove and each time we have had outstanding food and excellent service. The location is a beautiful setting especially at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!TskuratonDined on 9/8/2014Everything we are was delicious and the view was great. Outdoor seating area was great after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!ericaDined on 9/7/2014went here for my husband and my 10 year wedding anniversary Anthony was great service was top notch and the food was amazing would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dads 80thOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, bustling bar scene on a Saturday night. We were celebrating our Dad' 80 bday! Mark whalburg said hello to my sister making our night. Great time lovely dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewsShugDined on 9/6/2014Took my parents here for their anniversary. The food was outstanding! I would definitely recommend the potato crusted calamari, the batter was much crispier than the traditional fried calamari and the calamari itself was very tender and the mustard aoli was delish! Would have liked to sat outside to enjoy the beautiful views but weather was not cooperating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEricDined on 9/6/2014The food was outstanding, the waitstaff were extremely friendly and ingeractive as well as extremely knowledgable regarding the entire menu.Special Features:
- rnl51Dined on 9/6/20142nd time for dinner. Everything was terrific! Staff was friendly and attentive. Quick bar service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarymrandmrscowboyDined on 9/6/2014We went out for our 7yr anniversary and even with us being picky as we might be, they were extremely accommodating! The food was amazing! I was so excited tho see beets since I never make them at home .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite...QuinkleySistersDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I shared an adventure in food with my sister and her husband at Alma Nove. The food was....well....EXQUISITE. Servers were very friendly but not imposing. We were lucky enough to be present when filming for "The Wahlburgs" which added some fun. Discussed how much we enjoyed the food with Paul and had a picture with Alma who was very friendly. Back to the food....I feel like it was the best I've eaten anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Celebratory Date NightiluvalmanoveDined on 9/3/2014I took my Mom to Alma Nove for her 52nd Birthday with my Grandmother, Brother, Sister, and Boyfriend. We all loved our food even my picky brother. It was beautiful in the Restaurant and the only critique I would have would be that the Birthday chocolate cake was really dry and when I had called earlier in the day I had told them my mom would prefer creme brûlée so she did not eat her birthday cake. I would come back but only with my boyfriend for a special occasion and I would love to sit by the fire outside. The restaurant was dark and romantic and I can't wait to come again definitely with a smaller party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulous!GiamorDined on 9/3/2014Clams we're melt in your mouth good. Pasta was fresh and perfectly cooked. Calamari was tender and outstanding. Wine was excellent. I can't wait to return! So, so many other items that I want to order!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit to Alma'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I wish I had noted on my online reservation that I preferred outdoor seating. I did not and therefore was not able to sit outside. I wonder if that special request is highlighted in any way. If not, perhaps it could be. However, we had a table by the window and the view was quite nice.Special Features:
- Alma Nove ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I'm nobody's idea of a food critic but this was a great experience from the friendly greeting at the front desk to the attentive but not overbearing wait staff to the perfectly prepared food. The ambiance in the early evening on a Saturday night was perfect. A great night out for us, Mr. & Mrs. Homebody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlackmagicDined on 8/31/2014Food was pricey but portions were able to be consumed during the sitting. Great atmosphere and not too loud there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in the South ShoreloveItAllDined on 8/31/2014This is my 6-7th time at Alma Nove since I tried it last year. I keep coming back, bringing friends because I want to share my now favorite restaurant; and everyone loves it too! The perfect everything! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent!!FlexyDined on 8/31/2014Great first time experience, food and service are second to none. We are familiar with good restaurant in the Natick area, but Alma Nove leave them behind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DonelvsfinediningDined on 8/30/2014Overall not a bad place. Would not rush to return unfortunately based mostly on having to wait an extra 40 mins even with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our DinnerHeatherMcAteeDined on 8/29/2014Dinner was amazing! The swordfish was incredible. I would come back all the time but unfortunately I am from Indiana. I would recommend this place to anyone in the area and to anyone I know who may be coming to the area. Also, the restaurant is absolutely beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty setting at sunsetJoanneDined on 8/29/2014Very pretty setting we sat outside but it got uncomfortable cold quickly bummer a band was playing Friday nights in August which made talking difficult the clam chowder was very very good but small cup and the calamarie. Was the best I think I have ever had dinner was ok have had better but not bad Would I go back I don't know maybe give it one more trySpecial Features:
- Outstanding LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The Caprese is amazing - as is just about everything on the menu. I had the salmon which was done perfectly. The luncheon was above expectations!! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Summer Lunch SpotStephVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food but not an inexpensive lunch. Great location with nice views. Great menu choices.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Christine1529Dined on 8/26/2014Great location, fabulous food and adult beverage selection! Spent a lovely evening with great service and no rush which was just what we were looking for...Alma Nove is a must...Special Features:
- Alma Nove is always our favoriteKJ1915Dined on 8/26/2014Everything we eat at Alma Nove is a new favorite. ...besides for Chef Paul being a friendly face you look forward to saying hi too the restaurant as a whole is wonderful ....always feels like we are with our family while we are there xoxoxoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than advertisedBCarey3Dined on 8/25/2014We'd heard plenty of recommendations about Alma Nove before, but took our time getting around to actually going. Now I wish we had gone sooner! The food was stellar, both apps and mains were inventive, perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious. The duck and the meatballs were especially good. Service was prompt and our server was knowledgable, and the location is obviously great by the water in the Hingham Shipyard. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.