22 Shipyard Drive
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.almanovehingham.com/
- Phone: (781) 749-3353
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday Lunch 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Thursday Dinner 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Sunday All Day - 12:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Paul Wahlberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Any special notes for the Maitre D' should be left in the reservations details section of your online reservation. We ask that you also contact the restaurant to confirm these requests as soon as possible.
FOR ALL CAKE ORDERS: Please call the restaurant directly to place all cake order requests; unfortunately, online requests cannot be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation.
A word from Alma Nove
Paul Wahlberg presents Alma Nove, a stylish and contemporary restaurant and bar offering classic Italian cuisine amid the bountiful flavors of the surrounding Mediterranean. Located in the historic Hingham Shipyard steps from the beautiful shoreline of Hingham Bay, guests can enjoy a scenic view whether they dine inside with panoramic floor to ceiling windows or on the patio furnished with lounge furniture and a fire pit. The wine list at Alma Nove is approachable, affordable and fun, very similar to the menu.Continued
Please Note: All Outdoor Seating Is Done On A First Come, First Serve Basis.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Alma Nove - Best Restaurants in Hingham ›
Alma Nove reviews from OpenTable diners
336 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (241)scenic view (223)great for outdoor dining (173)fit for foodies (171)romantic (155)hot spot (108)great for lunch (106)neighborhood gem (97)notable wine list (88)vibrant bar scene (70)good for groups (68)great for brunch (36)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (18)Show More
- Awesome as alwaystgunns18Dined on 11/18/2014My wife and I love Alma. This time we celebrated her birthday. The food was just spectacular. I highly recommend the duck. This place is good for special occasions or is you just want a good dinner any night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EcheeckyDined on 11/15/2014I have been wanting to try Alma Nove for a long time and was not disappointed!!!!!! Amazing ambiance, as well as food, the waitstaff was helpful and extremely pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth The DriveCherylVIPDined on 11/14/2014Decided to drive down from Cambridge to try this place out and well worth the trip. There isn't a bad table in the place. The service was amazing the food was delicious and the wine was perfect. Everything was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was OKBrenBDined on 11/11/2014Went for our anniversary. I wasn't blown away by the food. Both of our main dishes were a bit bland. Appetizers were great though. Would I go back? Not sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alma Nove met my expectationsxoxo1Dined on 11/11/2014Great food. Nice staff. Only thing that could make it better would be if I saw Donnie. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not up to expectationsJaesmomDined on 11/10/2014We had a nice table by the window. We ordered oysters and calamari for our apps. Oysters were great, calamari was chewy and lukewarm. Our meals were fine. My husband has prosciutto wrapped cod. He said it was too salty. Apple pie dessert was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday evening dinnertwodanDined on 11/9/2014Our first visit was pleasant. Good waitress, excellent menu choices, delicious meals. Yes, we paid for the location. Yes, we paid for the notoriety. However, the meals were fantastic. online reservations were super too. We will return for another special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites.Junel52Dined on 11/7/2014Consistently great food and top notch service. One of my new favorite places to go!Special Features:
- Very invitingInvitingDined on 11/7/2014Very clean, pleasant staff, great food, beautiful viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Hits, Some MissesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014We were excited to finally try Alma Nove. It was just the two of us, celebrating my fiance's birthday. We started at the bar and had a drink there, and enjoyed that experience. A nice bar, and we enjoyed some conversation with the bartender (woman, don't recall her name). We then headed for the host stand and were seated by a very nice gentleman. Salumi Platter - We were disappointed when the 'assortment of cheeses' from the menu turned out to be shaved parmesan and bleu cheese crumbles. It seemed like the usual selection had run out, and had been replaced with cheeses used to top salads. When we asked our server, she said it's usually more meat than cheese, but didn't ask if we liked it. Tenderloin special was very good.Special Features:
- luv2golfDined on 11/2/2014It is a lovely restaurant; the food and service are always great.Special Features:
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014This past weekend was my second visit to Alma Nove and it was even better than the first time. I made an online reservation and was seated at the same table with the same waitress I had the first time I went. That made it even more special. The food, service and overall ambiance was outstanding. Kuddos to Paul on an amazing menu and food that is first class..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining exp tho far for usloscozDined on 11/1/2014We drove 82 miles/ 1.5 hrs to get to Almas and it was worth the trip for such a very good experience. A bit pricey for a monthly dining place but for a special trip/ event it was good. They were very accommodating in making our reservations; have plenty of allergy options be it actual allergy or 'intolerance'; bountiful wine list/martini menu; and all food was well presented at serving and just delish! We also got to meet and take photos with owner/chef Paul Wahlburg!! that just made my hubbys day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Service @ Alma NovaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Ate early. Good thing, as the noise level was stifling by 7 PM. Lights from street outside and Walburgers, across the street, were tough to take if you were seated near and facing the front of the restaurant. Food was very good. Prices OK. Some portions were small--especially the cheese cake dessert. Appetizers and entree's were brought to us quickly, as was dessert and the check. Server was very attentive, answered all our questions and made good suggestions--right-on about the apple cider cocktail being sweet. Service was excellent, hopefully, not just because we were early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic celebratory dinnerMarianDined on 10/31/2014My daughter was turning 30. We wanted a special place , with great food, great atmosphere...Alma Nove had both! There were 6 of us and we all loved it. The restaurant even threw ion a complimentary dessert for the birthday girl! I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Quiet Sunday NightJippyDined on 10/26/2014We've usually found AN to be crowded and loud, this was an unusually quiet Sunday night dinner. Food was good, but not spectacular. Waitress was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysgreatfoodbutDined on 10/25/2014Alma Nove for lunch is a wonderful treat. The food is fabulous, the service is top notch, and the location is great fun. Well worth the trip!Special Features:
- Just awfulJenni436Dined on 10/24/2014We had reservations and only 5 minutes late. Upon arrival they already given our table away. We waited an additional half hour. When seated waitress didn't even come greet us until 15 minutes later yet was helping other tables. When I asked her what she recommended between sirloin and rib eye she had no idea what the difference was so I ordered cod and my guest ordered lamb. An hour later we're still waiting. Meanwhile other tables were on dessert. 65 minutes later food comes. Smell of the cod was so fishy and tasted even worse. Prosciutto was overdone I couldn't even eat it. My guests lamb was not seasoned,dry and mashed potatoes were instant from the box. Waitress didn't even check in until after we put our napkins on top of our plates.Special Features:
- out of this world!love2eatseafoodDined on 10/24/2014Alma Nova was spectacular and a great way to spend our last evening in Boston. The scallops and swordfish were so silky it was hard to believe someone could prepare these dishes so out of this world. I want to go back to Boston just to eat here again! I would highly recommend and the only negative I could see was how loud it was during dinner, I tend to like it a bit quieter for that type of experience, however it was a friday night! love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Consistant WinnerClaudiaDined on 10/21/2014Food is always delicious and well prepared. The "lobster" mashed potatoes with the swordfish were incredible, big chunks of lobster meat. A pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- MaddieDined on 10/20/2014Celebrated my anniversary with an absolutely amazing dinner. The ambiance was perfect and our waitress, Maryanne, was very attentive. Would definitely be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ragulina1Dined on 10/20/2014We went to Alma Nove twice while we were in Massachusetts last week. The first time we went around 4:30 in the aftrnoonand found it very nice. In fact, Paul Wahlberg came out and spoke to us when they told him we were from Brooklyn, NY. Then 2 days later we tried it again just before we went back home and both times we were very satisfied! Would recommend this place to everyone! GREAT!!Special Features:
- DinerDined on 10/19/2014Dined here several times and have never been disappointed-Compares to Boston restaurantsSpecial Features:
- My new favorite app!BlessedMomDined on 10/19/2014It was our 1 year Anniversary, we wanted a window seat to see the sunset. We made a Special Request through Open Table, and we received that window seat. The food was incredible, the view was perfect and the service was outstanding. Ambiance there is stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made the drive and was happyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014My wife and I went here for lunch on our two year anniversary. It was great. Worth the drive out to Hingham. Service was just a tiny bit slow but still great! They weren't rushing us out the door and we were able to sit, talk, and eat at a comfortable pace. Food was excellent. Top notch. And at the end they knew it was our anniversary so they gave us two pieces of chocolate cake FOR FREE. How awesome was that? I was not expecting that and they just came out with it at the end. My wife and I are foodies so we are always willing to make the drive to try new places and foods. We will be making the over an hour drive to go to this place again. Great place. Outdoor seating is awesome as well as long as its nice out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timerobsDined on 10/17/2014My girlfriend and I went for dinner on a last second decision. The hostess was extremely nice and accommodating when I called in to let them know I'd be 10-15 minutes late for our reservation. When we got there they were just as friendly and didn't rush us to our table or anything. The entire experience was excellent - our waitress was funny and knew the menu inside and out. Drinks didn't stop until after our meal either. The tasting plates for $10 were awesome because there were so many delicious sounding meals we couldn't decide. We will be back!Special Features:
- Scallops were simply deliciousSandyDined on 10/17/2014Delicious scallops. Butternut ravioli were a bit over cooked and lacked flavor. Creme bruelle was good. Eyores Requeim (drink) was not to my liking, too bitter. But I suppose it is as the name suggests...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!LadyThorDined on 10/17/2014The whole dining experience was amazing! The staff are knowledgable and friendly. The food was fantastic and the resturant itself is beautiful! Must try and you'll be back. I went two nights in a row since i was on vacation in area only for weekend! Chef Paul even came out to deliever my dessert himself!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Another outstanding meal and get together! Alma Nove is absolutely the best restaurant to enjoy not only the food and service, but overal ambiance. Looking forward to our next visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!spionnadhDined on 10/16/2014Not going to lie, we watch the show regularly and had an opportunity to visit Boston so we decided to have dinner here. By far one of the top 3 meals I have ever had. The food was cooked to perfection, the drinks were well mixed, and the desserts were heavenly! The wait staff was very polite and attentive. Overall if we lived closer we would definitely make Alma Nove a regular date spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsSmileyDined on 10/14/2014We've been here twice in the past month. Both times for special occasions. It can be pricey but the food is well worth it and won't leave hungry. The noise level can be a bit much if you're on the floor - but better in a booth. We will definately be back and spread the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargieDined on 10/14/2014Great food, great place. Nice views Informative attentive waitperson Wish they had more fun shops in area to strollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pay for the celebrity nameDuffyDined on 10/12/2014On the expensive side, nothing special about the food. You pay for the view.Special Features:
- They surpassed high expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent professional, welcoming staff with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alma Nove - Hingham, MAhinghamshipyarddiningDined on 10/12/2014I got the butternut squash ravioli with scallops, which was very well-prepared. The waitress was very friendly and attentive, as was the hostess who seated us. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone and look forward to dining there again soon.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!cburkeDined on 10/11/2014Alma Nove provided a wonderful dining experience. From the moment we arrived we were well taken care of by a knowledgeable and well-versed staff. And the food, from start to end, was really delicious & memorable - with tons of attention paid to the small details.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Great atmosphere and menu. Grabbed lunch on a Saturday. Service and food were great! Pumpkin cheesecake was delicious! Will be stopping in to try dinner next time around!Special Features:
- batmanbatmanVIPDined on 10/11/2014We arrived and were promptly seated for our reservation. Several varieties of Bloody Mary's were on the cocktail menu. We ordered two different ones and both were excellent. Appetizers of pork meat balls came with a light tomato sauce on a polenta base. Would go back in a minute. Lunch for three was a bit pricy, but well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LundDined on 10/10/2014Very Great spot.Been there a few times always top shelf.Would recommend this restauraunt to anyone.Great timeSpecial Features:
- lankskeDined on 10/5/2014We had a very relaxing dinner experience on Sunday evening. Staff was friendly, but not overly friendly. We were allowed to switch items on the menu for something more fitting to our diet. Great wine for a reasonable price. Great tasting food, good size portions! Although the place was packed we were still able to have a conversation, without having to raise our voices. Worth to repeat.Special Features: