22 Shipyard Drive
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.almanovehingham.com/
- Phone: 7817493353x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday Lunch 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Thursday Dinner 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Sunday All Day - 12:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Paul Wahlberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Any special notes for the Maitre D' should be left in the reservations details section of your online reservation. We ask that you also contact the restaurant to confirm these requests as soon as possible.
FOR ALL CAKE ORDERS: Please call the restaurant directly to place all cake order requests; unfortunately, online requests cannot be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation.
A word from Alma Nove
Paul Wahlberg presents Alma Nove, a stylish and contemporary restaurant and bar offering classic Italian cuisine amid the bountiful flavors of the surrounding Mediterranean. Located in the historic Hingham Shipyard steps from the beautiful shoreline of Hingham Bay, guests can enjoy a scenic view whether they dine inside with panoramic floor to ceiling windows or on the patio furnished with lounge furniture and a fire pit. The wine list at Alma Nove is approachable, affordable and fun, very similar to the menu.Continued
Please Note: All Outdoor Seating Is Done On A First Come, First Serve Basis.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Alma Nove - Best Restaurants in Hingham ›
Alma Nove reviews from OpenTable diners
374 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (267)scenic view (261)great for outdoor dining (215)fit for foodies (181)romantic (179)great for lunch (119)hot spot (113)neighborhood gem (103)notable wine list (98)good for groups (84)vibrant bar scene (82)great for brunch (45)late-night find (35)kid-friendly (20)Show More
- Made the drive and was happyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014My wife and I went here for lunch on our two year anniversary. It was great. Worth the drive out to Hingham. Service was just a tiny bit slow but still great! They weren't rushing us out the door and we were able to sit, talk, and eat at a comfortable pace. Food was excellent. Top notch. And at the end they knew it was our anniversary so they gave us two pieces of chocolate cake FOR FREE. How awesome was that? I was not expecting that and they just came out with it at the end. My wife and I are foodies so we are always willing to make the drive to try new places and foods. We will be making the over an hour drive to go to this place again. Great place. Outdoor seating is awesome as well as long as its nice out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timerobsDined on 10/17/2014My girlfriend and I went for dinner on a last second decision. The hostess was extremely nice and accommodating when I called in to let them know I'd be 10-15 minutes late for our reservation. When we got there they were just as friendly and didn't rush us to our table or anything. The entire experience was excellent - our waitress was funny and knew the menu inside and out. Drinks didn't stop until after our meal either. The tasting plates for $10 were awesome because there were so many delicious sounding meals we couldn't decide. We will be back!Special Features:
- Scallops were simply deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Delicious scallops. Butternut ravioli were a bit over cooked and lacked flavor. Creme bruelle was good. Eyores Requeim (drink) was not to my liking, too bitter. But I suppose it is as the name suggests...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!LadyThorDined on 10/17/2014The whole dining experience was amazing! The staff are knowledgable and friendly. The food was fantastic and the resturant itself is beautiful! Must try and you'll be back. I went two nights in a row since i was on vacation in area only for weekend! Chef Paul even came out to deliever my dessert himself!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Another outstanding meal and get together! Alma Nove is absolutely the best restaurant to enjoy not only the food and service, but overal ambiance. Looking forward to our next visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!spionnadhDined on 10/16/2014Not going to lie, we watch the show regularly and had an opportunity to visit Boston so we decided to have dinner here. By far one of the top 3 meals I have ever had. The food was cooked to perfection, the drinks were well mixed, and the desserts were heavenly! The wait staff was very polite and attentive. Overall if we lived closer we would definitely make Alma Nove a regular date spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsSmileyDined on 10/14/2014We've been here twice in the past month. Both times for special occasions. It can be pricey but the food is well worth it and won't leave hungry. The noise level can be a bit much if you're on the floor - but better in a booth. We will definately be back and spread the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargieDined on 10/14/2014Great food, great place. Nice views Informative attentive waitperson Wish they had more fun shops in area to strollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pay for the celebrity nameDuffyDined on 10/12/2014On the expensive side, nothing special about the food. You pay for the view.Special Features:
- They surpassed high expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent professional, welcoming staff with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alma Nove - Hingham, MAhinghamshipyarddiningDined on 10/12/2014I got the butternut squash ravioli with scallops, which was very well-prepared. The waitress was very friendly and attentive, as was the hostess who seated us. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone and look forward to dining there again soon.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!cburkeDined on 10/11/2014Alma Nove provided a wonderful dining experience. From the moment we arrived we were well taken care of by a knowledgeable and well-versed staff. And the food, from start to end, was really delicious & memorable - with tons of attention paid to the small details.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Great atmosphere and menu. Grabbed lunch on a Saturday. Service and food were great! Pumpkin cheesecake was delicious! Will be stopping in to try dinner next time around!Special Features:
- batmanbatmanDined on 10/11/2014We arrived and were promptly seated for our reservation. Several varieties of Bloody Mary's were on the cocktail menu. We ordered two different ones and both were excellent. Appetizers of pork meat balls came with a light tomato sauce on a polenta base. Would go back in a minute. Lunch for three was a bit pricy, but well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LundDined on 10/10/2014Very Great spot.Been there a few times always top shelf.Would recommend this restauraunt to anyone.Great timeSpecial Features:
- lankskeDined on 10/5/2014We had a very relaxing dinner experience on Sunday evening. Staff was friendly, but not overly friendly. We were allowed to switch items on the menu for something more fitting to our diet. Great wine for a reasonable price. Great tasting food, good size portions! Although the place was packed we were still able to have a conversation, without having to raise our voices. Worth to repeat.Special Features:
- Super ExperienceLunchLadiesDined on 10/5/2014We chose Sunday because the dinner menu was available at lunch. We had previously enjoyed tasty options for a Saturday lunch and had decided to return for a Birthday celebration a month later. Alma Nove is now our favorite restaurant! Menu selections have great variety, the service is wonderful and the food is spectacular, what more could you want. . . Deserts are just the right size, beautifully presented and are delightful. We will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alma NoveBobGee47Dined on 10/4/2014On the plus side the food, staff and the service could not have been better. On the negative side, Saturday night is a mob scene at the bar and very little space to even stand. Outdoors might have helped relieve some of the crowding had it not been for the rain. The middle of the week might be a better choice to dine. Having said all that it was still a great meal and would go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulJensbyDined on 10/4/2014Had a reservation but arrived early and when we checked in they were more than willing to accommodate us for an earlier time. Loved the painting above the couch and the bathroom was very clean and spacious. The food was excellent and really affordable at lunch time. Lobster risotto is a must! The service was also good. The only disappointment was not seeing Mark Wahlburg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place!GlutenfreegirlDined on 10/3/2014Service is quick, friendly, and knowledgeable. Wine selection is fantastic. The food is incredibly delectable with it's perfect combination of flavors, fulfilling portions, and tastes that make you want to pick Alma Nove for every time you dine out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!AlisonCDined on 10/3/2014Recently had a late dinner at Alma Nove and enjoyed everything. The cocktails were wonderful and the tasting portions of the pasta dishes were a great find! Never thought of lobster mashed potatoes before, but they were heavenly - don't leave without ordering those!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time!SueKDined on 10/2/2014Due to a mix up on our end, we drove 10 hours to get to Alma Nove for dinner. They were so gracious and delayed our reservation by over an hour to give us time to get there. And the long drive was well worth it! The food was unbelievably good--some of the best we've had anywhere. The service was wonderful. It was too cool to eat outdoors but the fire in the pit outside looked very nice. It was s bit loud indoors but not so obnoxious as to be offensive--but certainly not a soft and quiet atmosphere. Family photos of the Wahlburgs made it personal and fun, knowing that this is their place. Though we didn't see any family members, it was still a great place to have a memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014I cannot wait to go back! Traveled from out of state and it was absolutely worth it!Special Features:
- deliciosoitalianisfavDined on 10/1/2014Everything about this place was amazing. I was full and kept eating and that is rare for me. I am from AZ and people said I had to eat Italian food when I came here because it was better here, this place lived up to what they told me. Creme Brule is my favorite dessert and this is the best that I have ever had. I will be back next time I come to Boston! I have already told people to eat here if they ever visit the Boston area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely happy customerHonestdinerDined on 9/29/2014The ambiance was perfect, food was delicious and the Martinis were excellent. The waitress was attentive, but did not hover, as my 2 friends & I chatted. She learned it was my birthday and without prompting, put a candle in my scrumptious carrot cake and wished me a happy birthday. I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beyond amazingMortishDined on 9/27/2014Love, Love, LOVE this restaurant! Food was way beyond amazing, cant wait to go back and try something different!!! Alma Nove Rocks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alma Nove is amazing!!CiccioDined on 9/27/2014Everything from the food to the people to the service, it was just amazing....great job wahlberg family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing!Bsan8146Dined on 9/26/2014Perfect choice for my fiancés birthday dinner! Our reservations were ready as soon as we arrived, asked for outside table and one was available. Wait staff very professional, friendly making our dinner even more enjoyable. Menu - so many great selections it was difficult to decide on what to order, wanted to try one of everything! Loved option to try smaller portions of the first course. We will definitely be back in the very near future and bring our friends next time. Only thing that would have been nice is to be able to make reservations to sit outside especially by the fire, since it was a special occasion, but understand everyone probably wants that same reservation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need your greens!no1photogDined on 9/26/2014For the cost of the entrees priced, I feel strongly that a house salad should be included.Special Features:
- BY FAR THE BEST DINING EXPERIENCEUnhappy0Dined on 9/26/2014Simply the best dining experience...It was well worth the 4 hour trip from Queens to Hingham Ma. Everything about the restaurant was exactly the same as depicted on the A & E show Wahlburgers... The ambiance, food, service exceeded my expectations. I also had the pleasure of dining at Wahlburgers for lunch not only were the burgers phenomenal but I also met Paul Wahlberg who was such a great sport and took time out to take a pic with me. Thank you so much for making my stay that much more memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedHungrygirlDined on 9/21/2014Food and service were both excellent. Restaurant was beautiful and very clean. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Another fabulous timeka3125Dined on 9/20/2014We returned to Alma Nove to take our 8 year old on his "first fancy meal". The staff was courteous (our server, Amanda was great!) and prompt. Our meal wasn't rushed after our appetizers which we lived. My son and I are gluten free and the rolls as well as all of our meals were fabulous! The gluten free menu had a lot of options. We plan on being "regulars" here due to the great service, fine food and ambiance. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and DeliciousGirllovesbookDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I spent our 12th wedding anniversary there for lunch. We enjoyed our lunch very much not only because of the food but our server was wonderful. And the atmosphere on the deck was breathtaking. Overall we were very impressed. Thank you for making our anniversary special.Special Features:
- Awesome and humbleSteve1Dined on 9/19/2014The food, service, staff was awesome, paul wahlburg was very humble at the sucess of his business. Took pictures with us was a good experience fir all. Would recommended to the everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Buffalo1Dined on 9/19/2014Had an early dinner on a recent Friday night and it was worth every minute of the drive from our hotel in Newton in rush hour! Food was outstanding, the staff was ridiculously attentive, and chef came out to greet us personally and ask about the meal. A definite to put on your list!Special Features:
- Home cooked mealYummyDined on 9/17/2014The place was very fancy so I thought we would get the normal fancy small plate of food... But not here the food is amazing it's like your Italian grandma cooked for you at home. The amount of food leaves you full! The pricey are high, but worth it once in a whole to have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alyjDined on 9/17/2014Paul must not have been cooking that night because the food and drinks were absolutely disgusting.Special Features:
- Solid, every timeElizabouVIPDined on 9/15/2014This is our go-to place for a celebration or special occasion. The food is ALWAYS good and for whatever reason we always act surprised at how good it is. Seriously delicious. Great date night, great view, amazing food and love the Solstice martini! I wish we could go here more often, we would if it was more affordable...but whenever we leave we both agree that it was worth it.Special Features:
- Great placeJack44Dined on 9/14/2014A little pricey and they could use better table tops, under the tablecloth was plane plywood, but great food and service will be back for shure!Special Features:
- Great food, great servicehalamadridDined on 9/13/2014Food was great, really nice place as well. Would definitely go again. Perfect for special occasions or date-night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.