22 Shipyard Drive
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.almanovehingham.com/
- Phone: (781) 749-3353
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday Lunch 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Thursday Dinner 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Sunday All Day - 12:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Paul Wahlberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Any special notes for the Maitre D' should be left in the reservations details section of your online reservation. We ask that you also contact the restaurant to confirm these requests as soon as possible.
FOR ALL CAKE ORDERS: Please call the restaurant directly to place all cake order requests; unfortunately, online requests cannot be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation.
A word from Alma Nove
Paul Wahlberg presents Alma Nove, a stylish and contemporary restaurant and bar offering classic Italian cuisine amid the bountiful flavors of the surrounding Mediterranean. Located in the historic Hingham Shipyard steps from the beautiful shoreline of Hingham Bay, guests can enjoy a scenic view whether they dine inside with panoramic floor to ceiling windows or on the patio furnished with lounge furniture and a fire pit. The wine list at Alma Nove is approachable, affordable and fun, very similar to the menu.Continued
Please Note: All Outdoor Seating Is Done On A First Come, First Serve Basis.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Alma Nove - Best Restaurants in Hingham ›
Alma Nove reviews from OpenTable diners
334 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (238)scenic view (220)fit for foodies (173)great for outdoor dining (169)romantic (153)hot spot (109)great for lunch (105)neighborhood gem (95)notable wine list (90)vibrant bar scene (73)good for groups (72)great for brunch (34)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- Dads 80thOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, bustling bar scene on a Saturday night. We were celebrating our Dad' 80 bday! Mark whalburg said hello to my sister making our night. Great time lovely dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewsShugDined on 9/6/2014Took my parents here for their anniversary. The food was outstanding! I would definitely recommend the potato crusted calamari, the batter was much crispier than the traditional fried calamari and the calamari itself was very tender and the mustard aoli was delish! Would have liked to sat outside to enjoy the beautiful views but weather was not cooperating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEricDined on 9/6/2014The food was outstanding, the waitstaff were extremely friendly and ingeractive as well as extremely knowledgable regarding the entire menu.Special Features:
- rnl51Dined on 9/6/20142nd time for dinner. Everything was terrific! Staff was friendly and attentive. Quick bar service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarymrandmrscowboyDined on 9/6/2014We went out for our 7yr anniversary and even with us being picky as we might be, they were extremely accommodating! The food was amazing! I was so excited tho see beets since I never make them at home .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite...QuinkleySistersDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I shared an adventure in food with my sister and her husband at Alma Nove. The food was....well....EXQUISITE. Servers were very friendly but not imposing. We were lucky enough to be present when filming for "The Wahlburgs" which added some fun. Discussed how much we enjoyed the food with Paul and had a picture with Alma who was very friendly. Back to the food....I feel like it was the best I've eaten anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Celebratory Date NightiluvalmanoveDined on 9/3/2014I took my Mom to Alma Nove for her 52nd Birthday with my Grandmother, Brother, Sister, and Boyfriend. We all loved our food even my picky brother. It was beautiful in the Restaurant and the only critique I would have would be that the Birthday chocolate cake was really dry and when I had called earlier in the day I had told them my mom would prefer creme brûlée so she did not eat her birthday cake. I would come back but only with my boyfriend for a special occasion and I would love to sit by the fire outside. The restaurant was dark and romantic and I can't wait to come again definitely with a smaller party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulous!GiamorDined on 9/3/2014Clams we're melt in your mouth good. Pasta was fresh and perfectly cooked. Calamari was tender and outstanding. Wine was excellent. I can't wait to return! So, so many other items that I want to order!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit to Alma'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I wish I had noted on my online reservation that I preferred outdoor seating. I did not and therefore was not able to sit outside. I wonder if that special request is highlighted in any way. If not, perhaps it could be. However, we had a table by the window and the view was quite nice.Special Features:
- Alma Nove ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I'm nobody's idea of a food critic but this was a great experience from the friendly greeting at the front desk to the attentive but not overbearing wait staff to the perfectly prepared food. The ambiance in the early evening on a Saturday night was perfect. A great night out for us, Mr. & Mrs. Homebody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlackmagicDined on 8/31/2014Food was pricey but portions were able to be consumed during the sitting. Great atmosphere and not too loud there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in the South ShoreloveItAllDined on 8/31/2014This is my 6-7th time at Alma Nove since I tried it last year. I keep coming back, bringing friends because I want to share my now favorite restaurant; and everyone loves it too! The perfect everything! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent!!FlexyDined on 8/31/2014Great first time experience, food and service are second to none. We are familiar with good restaurant in the Natick area, but Alma Nove leave them behind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DonelvsfinediningDined on 8/30/2014Overall not a bad place. Would not rush to return unfortunately based mostly on having to wait an extra 40 mins even with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our DinnerHeatherMcAteeDined on 8/29/2014Dinner was amazing! The swordfish was incredible. I would come back all the time but unfortunately I am from Indiana. I would recommend this place to anyone in the area and to anyone I know who may be coming to the area. Also, the restaurant is absolutely beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty setting at sunsetJoanneDined on 8/29/2014Very pretty setting we sat outside but it got uncomfortable cold quickly bummer a band was playing Friday nights in August which made talking difficult the clam chowder was very very good but small cup and the calamarie. Was the best I think I have ever had dinner was ok have had better but not bad Would I go back I don't know maybe give it one more trySpecial Features:
- Outstanding LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The Caprese is amazing - as is just about everything on the menu. I had the salmon which was done perfectly. The luncheon was above expectations!! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Summer Lunch SpotStephVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food but not an inexpensive lunch. Great location with nice views. Great menu choices.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Christine1529Dined on 8/26/2014Great location, fabulous food and adult beverage selection! Spent a lovely evening with great service and no rush which was just what we were looking for...Alma Nove is a must...Special Features:
- Alma Nove is always our favoriteKJ1915Dined on 8/26/2014Everything we eat at Alma Nove is a new favorite. ...besides for Chef Paul being a friendly face you look forward to saying hi too the restaurant as a whole is wonderful ....always feels like we are with our family while we are there xoxoxoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than advertisedBCarey3Dined on 8/25/2014We'd heard plenty of recommendations about Alma Nove before, but took our time getting around to actually going. Now I wish we had gone sooner! The food was stellar, both apps and mains were inventive, perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious. The duck and the meatballs were especially good. Service was prompt and our server was knowledgable, and the location is obviously great by the water in the Hingham Shipyard. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeClarabelleDined on 8/25/2014My husband is a picky eater. The waitress (who was excellent) assured him he could have a "plain" steak, roasted potatoes and green beans. All were perfectly done. My daughter had the gnocchi which was fantastic. And I had the cod with risotto which was very good and perfectly done. I wish I could remember the waitress's name because she truly was top-notch. She waited until we all were done with our meals before removing our plates, which shows real class.Special Features:
- lunchshipyardDined on 8/25/2014lovely lunch on the patio. waitress was excellent. food was delicious. codfish cakes and arugala salad with fresh figs, gorgonzola and prosciutto. we were sharing, so waitress had them split the salad without us asking. The gluten free rolls were very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PW AND OUR 41ST ANNIVERSARYPWon41Dined on 8/24/2014The ambiance of this restaurant was beautiful...really fine dining at its best ! The menu required me to ask several questions because the mix of ingredients was unfamiliar to me ... However the outcome was tastefully done and delicious... Later in the dinner the chef, Paul WALBURGER, walked into the restaurant.... i asked our waitress if she thought he might take a picture with us since this was our 41st wedding anniversary... "of course" she replied and went to ask him... Within minutes he was at our table asking if we enjoyed dinner and congratulated us on the anniversary...most agreeable to a picture ! What a personable touch !! Would highly recommend this restaurant... Thank you for the opportunity to write up this review...Special Features:
- Sunday, August 24KLGCDined on 8/24/2014Our party of six was seated right away, however, there was a mix up with the wait staff and no one waited on us for 15 mins. The front desk and others apologized and said it was there fault (apparently the waitress wasnt assigned the table?) Anyway, the food was delicious, as always. We enjoyed our time and would return again. Thinking more about it - filming was going on when we were there (in the front vestible) ..maybe that distracted the front desk and wait staff?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful & inviting areanancarm14Dined on 8/23/2014Amazing spot...love fireplace.. stay outside next time .. super noisy inside.. friendly staff.. wine list excellent... food great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly ImpressedGrababiteDined on 8/22/2014Attentive service and outstanding antipasti framed what was a very good dining experience all around. The lobster mashed potatoes are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoePmedicDined on 8/22/2014As usual, the food and service was excellent. We were seated promptly at the time of our reservation. Our server was friendly and attentive without interrupting our anniversary dinner. Though pricey, it's worth the trip for a special occasion and we will return. I was a bit disappointed that the lobster ravioli wasn't on the current menu, but our meals were excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!10starsDined on 8/22/2014I am blown away from how delicious the food was. The waitress was very nice and very well with communication. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone and anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a viewFoodlover2VIPDined on 8/22/2014Sat outside, it was so beautiful & the drinks and lunch were great as usual!Special Features:
- Good Food Great Atmosphere"RomeRestaurantReviewsDined on 8/21/2014From the moment you get you are greeted by helpful valets which I recommend due to the always full parking lot . The Host always smiling & friendly are nice and accommodating weather by design or demeaner Chef Paul always seems to make time to say hello and ask about your dining experience and I believe it's his demeaner that sets the tone for fun and relaxing night out . Weather at the bar making friends. ,outside by the fire pit having a cocktail ,table for two or in a group the menue Chef Paul and atmosphere make for a Beautiful Dining experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy!JJF0926Dined on 8/21/2014We probably won't dine here again because of the noise level. Could hear each other speak without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing Way To End A VacationNomNomDined on 8/20/2014I went to Alma Nove with my girlfriend to celebrate our one year anniversary, and was the last night before leaving from a three day vacation in Boston. One thing that truely stood out was the charisma and overall friendly feeling from each of the employees we encountered, and it is not to say the food was not top notch as well. The appetizer was encouraged by our waitress and it did not disappoint, and the main course was just as good. We finished off with a chocolate cake and carrot cake, and I feel secure in saying it is the best carrot cake I have ever eaten. I strongly recommend Alma Nove to any and all!Special Features:
- 2nd time disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/20143 of us went for dinner on a Wednesday night. We had a reservation. We were disppointed for a second time. It took awhile for a waiter to come to take our drink order, and another good while to bring them to the table. The bread was very stale and dry. The special appetizer and cod cake appetizer were good. My chicken was very dry. My husband's salmon was "ok." The dish seemed to be overloaded with black rice. My son's bacon-wrapped cod was good, not great. We were disappointed because unlike the first few times we dined there, the last two times have not been great and yet the prices are in the high-end. Maybe Paul has "too many irons in the fire?"Special Features:
- Excellent ambiance exceptional foodlovefoodDined on 8/20/2014Such a beautiful location for dinner right on water surrounded by boats. Food was delicious. Portion sizes were huge. The prosciutto wrapped cod and risotto was delicious as was the steak special. We totally enjoyed our meals. The carrot cake was so moist and not too sweet. It was a perfect dinner. We went to b & g oysters the next night and were very disappointed. Alma nove was the highlight of our trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From PhillyPhillyDined on 8/18/2014My husband, 4 children and I went to Alma Nove's to celebrate my birthday. I must say the service was excellent and the food and cake was delicious among other things. The restaurant was beautiful and the staff (not just our waitress) was overly attentive to us. I was a little nervous to take 4 kids (6-12 years old) initially but from the moment we arrived everyone was so sweet and it was obvious that the kids were more then welcome. The prices were also very reasonable. I would highly recommend Alma's for any and all occasions! My family loved it and will most definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HatsHarryDined on 8/18/2014I know you have no control but wearing a white baseball cap at the dining table ruins a perfect setting. Knucklehead looked like he belonged on Dot AveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotpencDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is in the old Hingham Shipyard with an outdoor patio where patrons can watch the sunset over the harbor. You can either eat at on the patio or have a before/after dinner drink. There is a fire pit if it is cool in the evening. I had the beet salad (delicious) and the linguini and clams. The linguini was a little dry but served with fresh clams and flavor was great. My partner had the grilled swordfish and lobster mashed potatoes. The swordfish was done perfectly and the potatoes had real pieces of lobster in them. No complaints on service as our waitress was very attentive. While we were too full for dessert, they looked amazing. Good people watching place - especially from the patio.Special Features:
- Delicious!AlliDined on 8/17/2014The food at Alma Nove was fantastic. Both my guest and I had amazing meals....he went with the swordfish and I with the duck. We also ordered a great bottle of wine from the recommended wine list. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:
- Crushed, I loved this place!PateVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was our special occasion restaurant for the past 3 years. Everything was always perfect. On our last 2 visits not so much. On one of last two visits the chopped salad had tasteless hard tomatoes and cucumbers, this visit the service was really bad, my drink was served in a tin cup, the filet was over cooked and the dessert tasted like a previously frozen chocolate hostess dessert. The ambience was still wonderful. We may try one more time but with the prices the way they are and the fact that you have to book well in advance, that will be the last time if it is not great! This is from a person who was so excited about this place I was filmed to do a promotion for the restaurant!Special Features: