Alma at Hawk's Cay
61 Hawks Cay Blvd
Duck Key, FL 33050Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Alma at Hawk's Cay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hawkscay.com/dining_alma
- Phone: 3057437000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Juan Natal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alma at Hawk's Cay
Alma at Hawks Cay Resort features a refined, yet familiar menu of Latin dishes, prepared using classic European techniques. Our chefs incorporate the bold flavors of these regions in the dishes, which are ideally complemented by our distinct selection of wines. Perfect for intimate gatherings with business associates or romantic meals with loved ones, Alma offers an elevated Florida Keys dining experience in a relaxed, upscale atmosphere. Choose a cozy banquette inside Alma"s dining room, or dine by candlelight outside on the veranda.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alma at Hawk's Cay reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerHappyAnniiversaryDined on 9/22/2014We had a very nice, quiet 30th anniversary dinner. The restaurant was beautiful, food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Our reservations were for Sept. 22nd at 6:30 and our servers name was something like Delroy, I can't remember exactly, but he went above and beyond to make sure our dining experience was wonderful, ending with champagne and key lime pie and "Happy 30th Anniversary" written in chocolate. It was the highlight of our 3 days at Hawk's Cay.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereBigfishDined on 9/19/2014We were served by Delroy who was very personable and professional. Glass was never half full. Great ribeye dinner and service.Special Features:
- Alma reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014Food here was fabulous! We ate here 4 nights in a row while staying at Hawk's Cay. Every meal was excellent! Service (especially Osmond) was outstanding! All members of the staff are polite, experienced and helpful! Food was artfully prepared!Special Features:
- I expected moreScottSolkoffVIPDined on 8/23/2014Competition in finer dining is lacking in the upper and middle Keys. I expected the fine dining option at Hawks's Cay to provide more of an experience, a better and more imaginative menu, better service and greater integration of their location in Paradise. The food was good, what you would expect from a decent restaurant. If you are a guest at Hawk's Cay and do not want to leave the property, then this is fine; otherwise consider Old Tavernier for a more vivid experience and better food.Special Features:
- AlmaFishermanDined on 8/22/2014We had dinner at Alma to celebrate my wife's birthday. She had the scallops which were excellent. I had the Churasco steak which was good, but I found that the mustard sauce served with the dinner overpowered the flavors of the dish. We chose the dine outside and were disappointed with the ambiance. A local group was performing on the pool deck. The group was located very close to the Alma outdoor tables and was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food was amazing. I had the scallops and my husband the paella. We were impressed with the quality and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Beautiful spot at Hawk's CaysobefoodiesVIPDined on 6/9/2014Wonderful food after being tired of burgers. Classy place, cozy candle lit outdoors. Food outstanding! Sit outside and enjoy the view of the firepit out by the pool.Special Features:
- The following 48 reviews are from the Alma at Hawk's Cay reviews archive.
- Unorganized !OutstandingVIPDined on 5/24/2014I called 1 month b4 reservation 2 make sure we were outside . I called (6x didn't answer)day of to confirm they said we have your table of 10 inside & couldn't accommodate. They argued & finally said come 45 min earlier to fit usin. They waiter tried to rush us & turns out the place never was packed . They undercooked my steak & when we went to the bar after the bartender was so rude to all the customers not just our party They need to get it togetherSpecial Features:
- Very niceEdieVIPDined on 5/24/2014Nice restaurant to eat at in hotel. Nice choices on menu. Service very accommodating. Seafood and steak are good choices. I would recommend this restaurant for a little bit more upscale dining option. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for recommending a real gemPhotoboyDined on 3/19/2014We were looking for fine food dining in the Middle Keys and turned to Open Table. We are delighted that we followed their recommendation. The Churrasco Beef was world class and my wife's Blue Crab Stack, delicious and presented beautifully. We will recommend to friends and undoubtedly return to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return this week!IndianasweetpeaDined on 3/12/2014This is a highly rated resort, so our expectations were such. How happy we were to find that those expectations were exceeded! For openers the potato-chorizo tapa was outstanding in its flavors; I could have eaten that in a larger portion as a meal. Hubby's salad was the weakest area of the meal---little dressing and too sweet for his palate. The entrees were mouth-watering; his choice was the special, a huge marinated pork chop excellently spiced and cooked served with a fresh vegetable display. Loving scallops, I opted for that entree and was served three huge bronzed scallops with fresh cherry tomatoes in a glaze with mushrooms. Both were exceptional and large servings. The waitstaff could not have been more amenable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice at the resortdvsindyVIPDined on 3/11/2014The food was excellent (although very expensive). From start To finish everything was delicious. Kids menu needs work, but the $13 Mac n cheese for kids Was delicious too! Nice wines. A better choice than the other Main restaurant at the resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and AmbianceJGNXDined on 2/26/2014There is nothing I would change. Excellent meal and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all its cracked up to bemcandtoneDined on 2/22/2014It feels like a chain hotel restaurant and service was disjointed. The food was average and not worth the price. Great for cocktails and appetizers, but they share the same kitchen as the buffet restaurant next door. Love the resort, but would not do Alma again
- sweet perfection on valentine"s dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014plenty of food and plently of flavor. up scale and perfect for our valentine anniversary. professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland and cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014"A" for effort and "C-" for results. Perhaps kitchen is over whelmed. Would not rush back.Special Features:
- The food was great. Very accommodatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/9/2014The food was great. Very accommodating to special dietary requests. The service came up short. Guess everyone has a bad day.
- Good but priceyKitkatDined on 2/8/2014The staff was great, the food was wonderful, very expensive . We ate at other marathon restaurants such as grassy key outpost which was very casual and had great creative food for far less. If you want to be a bit fancy go to alma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014My husband and I were staying at Hawks Cay with a group of 5, we wanted to sneak away for a romantic dinner and boy, did Alma deliver! The food, drinks and our server were top notch! Definitely will be recommending this to anyone staying in the area, and we will definitely be returning not only to Hawks Cay, but to Alma. Thank you to our fabulous server Denisa for making our dining experience memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's night at the KeysSkittlesDined on 2/3/2014Wonderful restaurant fabulous food. Crab stack salad5 star. Scallops amazing. When we reserved table we had 2 birthday girls and they brought cake and key lime pie with happy birthday in chocolate. So nice -- service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationcathyDined on 1/10/2014food delicious. waiter appropriately attentive and hepful. live music a little loud.Special Features:
- Ehh...not so greatCLariDined on 12/24/2013I ordered the seafood paella and it was not hot. I felt like the food had been sitting out before it was served which took a long time to get over to me. It was my birthday so I ordered the Creme brûlée and that was also cold. The presentation was nice, but I've never had a cold Creme brûlée before. My sister ordered the drunken cake and it was dry. Given that there was a lower end restaurant next door called Ocean's that seemed more lively and packed I should've celebrated my birthday their.
- Not many choicesSatisfiedDined on 10/22/2013Dining choices at Hawk's Cay are limited so it would be easy for a restaurant like Alma to perform with mediocrity but I was very pleasantly surprised by the food quality. The wait staff at our table of 10 did a great job of meeting our needs. Wine list was limited but had some quality wines to choose from and our group found a couple that were great and reasonably priced. So, great job to Alma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reasonable priceDms21Dined on 10/21/2013The Latin infused food was top notch. The short ribs were fork tender. Our waiter was friendly and accomadating. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!OnvacationVIPDined on 10/16/2013Staff was attentive and pleasant. Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthdaySusanDined on 10/12/2013We came to the hotel for a special birthday weekend with family and made the dinner reservation 2 weeks in advance. At the time I also request a birthday dessert. I came to the restaurant late in the afternoon to confirm the table and dessert but no one was available. At the time of arrival I asked the host to check on the dessert. I didn't ask them to make anything special just add a candle or something to one of their menu desserts. We have 4 children and dinner service took over 2 1/2 hours ! At the end I had to get up from the table to ask for dessert to be served. The restaurant didnt seem that busy to warrant such a long service or they were understaffed. It was expensive for what it was.
- Happy as a clamInaBondDined on 9/26/2013We celebrated my friend's 50th birthday at Alma. The food was superb. Our waitress was terrific. And the manager(?) who was helping out on the floor was so helpful and friendly. They served the dessert on a plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful PlaceChelsDined on 9/21/2013This place was gorgeous, a little pricey, but the food was incredible, there was hardly anyone there and the service was impeccable. I could not enjoy this place more. I enjoyed it very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentNaterDined on 8/21/2013The staff went out of their way to make my evening special. CAn not say enough about the whole enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Lovely couples dining outNicksMomDined on 8/4/2013The nicest part of the Hawks Cay Resort, by far. Wait staff are knowledgable, very friendly without being intrusive, prompt, and extraordinarily wonderful. The food was fantastic. Scallop and lobster special was heavenly and Hubbys short ribs were melting in your mouth. Heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood!Tab9Dined on 7/31/2013We went their for my husband's birthday and the chef graciously surprised us with a wonderful hand crafted meal. The taste of each seafood item was delightful! I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even through the rain.BillVIPDined on 6/7/2013We had a wonderful dinner even though it rained and started to come in a bit near our feet, but no big deal. It was relaxing and soothing with outstanding service. The food was very good, but a little over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar Hotel FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013Food was overpriced and lacking any grace. Don't eat here unless you must - head off resort to other dining options in Marathon or Islamorada.
- Great Resort RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2013I loved the unique cocktails and Martinis. Overall , I had a lovely experience and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Nice Hotel restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2013Nice Hotel restaurant with good food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best option at Hawk's Cay.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013Best option at Hawk's Cay. Expensive and not out of this world, but worth it for the convenience if you want a nice dinner at the resort.Special Features:
- Nothing special. You areOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2013Nothing special. You are better off getting in your car and making the short drive to Marathon, where you'll get better food and better value.
- Alma is a nice little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/7/2013Alma is a nice little restaurant with a great bar, outside dinning is a must, eat late enough and you can listen to the live music near the huge fire out just 50 feet away. Service was outstanding. Hostess a actually read my open table comments and had the table I asked for ready.Special Features:
- Our server, Darcy, was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2013Our server, Darcy, was fantastic. Between her and the manager, we waited for nothing. Food was good, service was better.Special Features:
- Food was fairly good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Food was fairly good. Service was slow (both times we went).